[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to convince me that he isn't the best chef in the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Try to convince me that he isn't the best chef in the world (hint: you can't)
>>
File: pepin.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepin.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
I heard you talkin' shit you pansy British fuccboi. Come 'ere and say that to my face.
>>
He's cute so chicks like him. This doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (25KB, 593x426px) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
25KB, 593x426px
>>8534503
British food is the best.
Prove me wrong. Go on.
>>
he still relies on the tired french menus he did when he started 30 years ago.

and he puts oil in the water before making pasta.
>>
>>8535652
That's what you're fucking supposed to do
>>
>>8536981

Why? It just floats on the surface.
>>
>>8534494

There's no fixing stupid
>>
>>8537000
You do it so the pasta doesn't stick together
>>
>>8537061
please stop eating
>>
>>8534503
Ramsay is Scottish tho
>>
>>8534494
>implying it isn't Katsuyo Kobayashi
She made seven dishes when she was on Iron Chef.

Seven.

God, I love that show.
>>
>>8537061

but it floats on the surface and doesn't touch the pasta.

explain.
>>
>>8538013
I'm not the "so the pasta doesn't stick together" poster, but what he says can be true, just not during cooking. When you drain pasta cooked with oil in the water, some of the oil gets on the pasta. If you cooked the pasta for some purpose other than eating, and aren't going to put anything on it, like say you want to keep a plain bowl of cooked pasta in the fridge for a couple days, then that little bit of oil will help keep it separated. However, it's a stupid reason to add oil to the water, because you'd be better off adding oil after the pasta is cooked.

The primary rationale I've heard for adding oil has been to help reduce pasta froth or water from boiling over. It's obviously not necessary, since there are plenty of ways of avoiding that, but perhaps for a busy and distracted chef, it's a worthwhile trade off for the peace of mind.

The downside is that the oil will coat the pasta a bit while draining, which for non oil-based sauces means the sauce won't stick to the pasta as well.

On the other hand, as much as cu/ck/s like to shitpost about Ramsey, I respect his cooking knowledge, and assume he either (a) doesn't *always* oil his pasta water, or (b) if he does, he's considered a few other, more esoteric factors and on the whole considers the it to be the best technique. There's no way he hasn't heard the basic arguments, and there's no way he'd do this in his Michelin-starred restaurants if he thought it produced an inferior dish. No way.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A

Just watched Ramsey's 90 second guide to cooking "the perfect pasta". He's using angel hair, and does add olive oil in the water, saying that it prevents sticking. It's at a rolling boil, and presumably the turbulence of the water would keep the oil from all being on the surface. Still, it's clearly possible to cook pasta without sticking, without adding oil.

Regardless, after he drains the pasta, he seasons it with salt and pepper, adds another tablespoon of olive oil to the pasta, mixes it, tastes it, pronounces it perfect, and is done. If you're just serving pasta with olive oil like that, then I don't see any harm in adding it while it's cooking.
>>
>>8534494
Fucking retard can't even find the lamb sauce
>>
>>8534503

Jacques is really easy going, nice and just overall awesome especially on TV. But every now and then I just imagine a duel between him and maybe Ramsay/Marco Pierre White and in that thick French accent just ripping them apart, insulting them in ways we can not imagine and just sticking up the finger and pointing a large knife in their direction as he laughs smugly.
>>
>>8537345
Scotland is British retard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.