[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy deep fryer >super bowl sunday >??? >profit!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: deep-fryer.jpg (102KB, 690x710px) Image search: [Google]
deep-fryer.jpg
102KB, 690x710px
>buy deep fryer
>super bowl sunday
>???
>profit!

But seriously, what would you recommend as far as someone who's a total noob to fry for Sunday? I was thinking of getting oil (2.5 qts minimum, 4qt max) and some shit to fry. I figured mozzarella sticks and chicken wings would be a good place to start, but I'd appreciate any suggestions as far as oils, cooking techniques/foods (e.g. any particular type of chicken wing, frozen vs. refrigerated), etc...
>>
>>8533492

Peanut oil. If you're poor, sunflower oil. As for food to cook in your new deep fryer? Nothing. Throw it away. Deep fried food is for fat assholes. Once in a while it's ok to have when you eat out. Making it at home will bring no good to your life.
>>
>>8533494
I'm allergic to eggs and seafood which means that fries become a side salad whenever I eat out due to cross contamination.

There used to be a local wings exclusive place near me that only did fried wings in a dedicated fryer. but they charged insane prices (often in charge of $1/wing) which is probably why they went out of business.

I'm not overweight nor in danger of becoming overweight and want to occasionally indulge myself rather than making it a staple of my diet.

Thanks for the oil feedback. I have cousins who are allergic to nuts but I rarely prepare food for them and I'm tempted to just say fuck it and use peanut oil.
>>
>>8533492
Peanut oil is best if you can get it. Expensive though, like $50 to fill a little fryer for a few uses before you have to pitch it. Corn oil works ok too and it's waaay cheaper.

French fries, wings, onion rings are pretty hard to screw up, start there.
>>
File: 055747.jpg (830KB, 2377x2151px) Image search: [Google]
055747.jpg
830KB, 2377x2151px
ok m8 i fry stuff more than most people, to be honest it aint as fattening as everyone tries to say, you need to make sure your getting as much oil off of anything after it comes out, so shake it in a basket/spider first, then put it on paper towels, maybe hit the top with paper towels and flip it after a minute, you need paper towels

the breading is what makes shit more fattening if you do it right there is minimal oil on the food

wings is a really good starter food, get oil hot, the hotter you get it the less that sticks to the food, get it hot but not smoking hot

just throw raw chicken wings in the oil gently, let them cook partially and take them out, maybe put them in the fridge freezer for a while, we want a crispy exterior without over cooking the inside

after oil is back up to temp since the 1st fry brought the temp down, throw the wings back in and cook till they look nice and crispy, maybe longer than what feels right at first, then toss them in a bowl with whatever sauce, make sure sauce isnt cold

BAM you just topped any local wing place, adjust this on how you prefer the crispiness of your wings i like them crispy as fuck but double fry is the way to go
any froxen fried food will always taste 1000% cooked i na deep fryer(potstickers, pizza rolls, mozz stix, hot pockets)

start looking into how breadings and batters(beer batter, pancake bater) works so you can experiment with things you like, like fried pickles, jalepenos, onion rings, fries, etc.

pic related is a deep fried caremel apple with peanuts dipped in pancake batter shit is dank but you better have a workout routine to get on my level
>>
>>8533500
>allergic to this, that and the other

Christ, every fucking time.
>>
>>8533544
I'm also allergic to fun and trying to figure out a solution.

My new doc tells me that I'm *probably* not completely allergic to eggs and can eat cooked food (e.g. pies, anything baked, etc...) but late 2014 I tested negative completely on a blood test and had a >1.5 inch result on the skin test.

Some people say it's because parents in the 90s and 00s put HEPA filters in kids rooms and didn't let them eat dirt and such.

tl;dr allergic to shit, docs say maybe let kids play outside once in a while.
>>
tater tots are my go to
or croquettes
>>
>>8533539
>throw
buy a pair of tongs, unless you want to oil burn your fingers
>>
>>8533492

The bigger the fryer the better. Not only can you more easily fit the food into it, but the larger volume of oil maintains a more stable temperature.

Peanut oil is ideal for deep frying. It has a neutral taste and a very high smoke point, thus it can be re-used many times before it breaks down.
>>
>>8533562
yes if you have tongs just falling out your ass thats nice

what a real man or someone who cooks a lot would do is just get anything right above the oil practically touching it and lightly drop it in, no splashes or burns
>>
>>8533603
>just get anything right above the oil practically touching it and lightly drop it in, no splashes or burns

This. Don't drop food in from any kind of height, that creates splashes. You want to gently slide it into the oil from as close to the oil's surface as possible so it doesn't splash.
>>
>>8533603

Who doesn't have tongs? They're one of the most useful cooking tools there is. That's some basic shit right there.
>>
>>8533622
>not using cooking chopsticks
kys pleb
>>
>>8533492
get a air fryer unless you are cooking for a huge crowd. I did thighs in one, took 30 minutes but came out like real pan fried chicken with no oil, no smell
>>
I have a deep fat fryer, it's the devil. Fill it up with a few liters of oil, and then just cook some fries every day for weeks.

Standard oil tastes gross. It's only on the second or third fry that it starts tasting good. I used to filter the bits out of my oil, these days I don't bother. I probably do 50 batches of fries on one lot of oil before I switch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.