[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /ck/'s favorite "health food" recipe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: give me your health food.jpg (474KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
give me your health food.jpg
474KB, 1000x667px
What's /ck/'s favorite "health food" recipe?

I'm looking for new ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner since my roommate and I joined a gym and are trying to cut back on the red meats, potatoes, bread etc.
I'm trying to avoid culinary suicide with the whole boiled chicken/brown rice/steamed broccoli /fit/-tier meal, because I love food and I don't think healthy has to mean awful.

Today for lunch we had a take on waldorf salads, with Jonagold and granny smith apples, asian pears, golden raisins, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and baked chicken breast over mixed baby greens. It was really good.

So what's /ck/'s favorite healthy meal?
>>
>>8533450
No reason why a hamburger can't be a healthy, protein packed, nutritious meal.
Go and read the /fit/ sticky, it pisses all over general /ck/ advice.
>>
Sometimes I put pickles on my cheeseburgers
>>
cauliflower
mushroom
broccoli
tomato paste

whatever spice
>>
File: IMG_7389.jpg (452KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7389.jpg
452KB, 1728x1152px
peans, peas and lentils

iirc pic related is chickpeas, can of tomatoes, clam juice and spices
>>
>>8533450
>Go and read the /fit/ sticky, it pisses all over general /ck/ advice.
I'm not looking for health food advice. I know what foods can be considered "healthy" vs. "not healthy," but I'm looking for cool ideas for decently healthy meals - like the salad I had for lunch, or the one we had a few nights back with rare grilled ahi tuna steak, avocado, and lime-cilantro yogurt dressing over baby arugula.

I'm in search of the tasty.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 265x300px
>>8533501
>I'm not looking for health food advice.
>I'm looking for cool advice for decently healthy meals.
Retard.
>>
>>8533501
You replied to yourself, cuntwit.
>>
>>8533515
>you clicked the wrong button
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll really watch out for that in the future.

>>8533510
If you've ever read the /fit/ sticky, which I'll assume you haven't, you'd know of course that the entirety of the "diet" section talks about dropping fast food and soda, and about the merit of different macronutrients. I asked for ideas, for recipes and meal plans, not for a lecture on protein vs fat.
>>
Roasted root vegetables with garlic butter (whole garlic head roasted, then mashed into paste)

Mixed berry smoothie (blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries), frozen banana, spinach, You can't taste the spinach in fruit smoothies most of the time. just make sure to blend it well.

chocolate cream: avocado, sweet potato (roasted, chilled), banana, unsweetened cocoa powder, scrapings of one vanilla pod. Blend it until smooth.
Very nice with bits of kiwi in it.
>>
>>8533708
>Roasted root vegetables with garlic butter
Carrots, parsnips, beets, what else do you use in something like this?
>>
balkan yogurt instead of sour cream

>holy shit, it's better!

you're welcome
>>
>>8533717
I also like to add brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli. Not root vegetables but works the same.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.