[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hungry >steak in my fridge >like it rare >no idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

>hungry
>steak in my fridge
>like it rare
>no idea how to cook
What do?
>>
cook it well done you philistine
>>
>>8532066
no i've had it done my entire life its disgusting
>>
>>8532064
Just poke some holes in it with a knife and throw it in the goddamn pan
>>
>>8532064
>set oven to 350
>heat up oven safe pan to 7.5 on stove
>put oil in pan
>salt and pepper both sides of steak
>place steak on one side of pan
>wait 2 minutes
>flip steak and place on other side of pan
>put some butter on top of steak
>garlic butter if desired
>wait one minute
>place pan in oven
>wait 4 minutes
>remove from oven
>place steak on plate
>wait 5-10 minutes depending on size of steak
>eat

These cook times will vary. I usually eat steaks 3/4 to 1" and medium rare. If your steak is thinner, cook for less time.
>>
what you wanna do desu is get it to an internal temperature between rare and medium rare
>>
>>8532088

Or you could just get your meat out of the fridge ahead of time and skip the oven. Oven is only necessary if you're cooking a very thick steak and even then if you do everything right it's unnecessary. Oven method is mostly used in restaurants and steakhouses because it's easier and you have time to do other shit while steak is in the oven.
>>
>>8532066
>well done
I grew up thinking steak was disgusting and not understanding why people liked it, because my parents cooked it well fucking done.

Turns out steak is amazing and my parents (and you) are morons.
>>
>>8532152
ok but don't get mad at me when you get trichinosis
>>
>cooking steak
just fuckin eat it
>>
File: sb.png (54KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sb.png
54KB, 200x200px
>>8532161
>trichinosis
>beef
>>
>>8532064
Broil the bitch.
>>
>>8532064
salt
peper
5 min on one side
5 on the other
>>
bet your one of those fags who put bbq sauce on their steak too
>>
File: ronswanson.jpg (24KB, 548x335px) Image search: [Google]
ronswanson.jpg
24KB, 548x335px
>>8532064
>like it rare
>no idea to cook
>rare
>cook

Frying pan, around 5 mins on each side.
>>
File: 1351318245136.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1351318245136.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
>>8532161
>>
>>8532217
>5 minutes on each side
That would come out too well done.
>>
>>8532221
>around 5 mins

Cooking times may vary depending on size, i dont think i should have to say this.
>>
>season steak
>place in vacuum seal bag along with shallots and thyme
>place in sous vide set to 48ÂșC
>let cook for 1.5 hours
>remove from bag
>sear in smoking hot cast iron pan
>serve
>>
>>8532088
>7.5 on stove
What does this mean?
>>
>>8532249
Okay Jake.
>>
>>8532256
Turn the knob halfway between 7&8
>>
>>8532152
I grew up thinking steak was disgusting and not understanding why people liked it, because my parents "cooked" it fucking raw.

Turns out steak is amazing and my parents (and you) are morons.
>>
>>8532064
>like it rare
>what do?
Acquire taste.
>>
>>8532822
Hue hue, good comeback dude!!
>>
>>8532830
Hue hue, good butthurt dude!!
>>
>>8532833
? Idgi
>>
1) Get it out of the fridge THIS INSTANT. You want that shit at room temp before you start. Preferrably on a sheet pan with a wire rack to get airflow around it.

2) Season generously with salt, no pepper because it'll just fucking scorch in the pan. Pepper later.

3) >Pan
>Nice and hot
Memes aside, get that shit as hot as you can. No lube until just before you're ready to go because you want your shit to be well into the smoke point of most oils.

4) melt some butter, lube the steak VERY lightly

5) set that fucker down and dont fuck with it. 3-4 minutes, flip.
>>
>>8532890
this

also if the steak is not thick enough, do it more on one-side and very brief on the other, as even if u want it blue if it ain't got a good brown outside it won't taste as good as it should
>>
>>8532234
Why are you even suggesting cooking times when we don't even know the size of the steak?
>>
>>8532265
>>8532088
Why can't you just say Medium-High heat you fucking loon, not every stove has numbers on it, you fucking tard.
>>
>>8533299
This and most of the ones that do only go up to 6
>>
>>8532890
Can people stop doing cooking instructions like this? The cursing just sounds so retarded, like you're trying to sound badass.

You don't need to get the steak up to room temperature, there really isn't that big of a difference.

I'd suggest you reverse sear it. Put in in an oven at 200-250 degrees (as low as your oven will go) until the internal temperature reaches your desired wellness. Take it out, rest it for 15 minutes, and then sear it on a pan for about a minute per side.
>>
>>8533299

why can't you just not be stupid?
>>
>>8532064
start by introducing your steak to the grill, and if that's too rare for you, turn the grill on first and let it get hot before introducing.
>>
File: Gareth.jpg (4KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
Gareth.jpg
4KB, 254x198px
>>8532064
>mfw that pic's WELL DONE = in the regular culinary world medium; that pic's MEDIUM = in the regular culinary world rare and that pic's RARE = in the regular culinary world blue

fucking hipsters
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.