[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE PANCAKES I BUY THE MIXTURE,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pankek.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
pankek.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Hey /ck/, HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE PANCAKES

I BUY THE MIXTURE, I MAKE THE MIXTURE, FIRST ONE ALWAYS DOESN'T COOK, THEN THE REST FUCKING BURN OR STICK AND AREN'T COOKED THROUGH.

HOW DO I DO IT
>>
lrn2heat
>>
>>8527769
A lot of professional pancake people get a nonstick cooktop just for pancake sunday called "electric griddle" when you google it. It has a thermostat and even temp, big wide rectangular surface for cooking them all in 1 or 2 batches, and needs very little oil. They're like $20 on sale at Macys. They're made for pancakes, before you look at those pictures of bacon on there...doesn't trap enough grease, so don't try that.

Protip, you should use only fresh mix, it can lose its leaving if not fresh, or not just opened. You should consider a yeast recipe, or at the very least, a buttermilk recipe, that isn't some bought mix. You'll get consistency.
http://www.marthastewart.com/340301/yeast-raised-pancakes
http://redstaryeast.com/yeast-pancakes/

Yeast is proofed and you really know just how light your end product will be...you'll be happy. A lot of cooks toss the first couple of pancakes to the dogs, they absorb oil. As far as undercooked pancakes goes, you're not waiting for the bubbles to come up and dry edges (stops being shiny along the edges).

I am fond of the whole wheat mix from Aunt Jemima if I buy it, it's not complete, you use your own egg and milk.
The Golden Malted mix is pretty awesome too, but it can be hard to find. There's a good flavor, much as a malted milk tastes, and great texture.
>>
>>8527769
Lemme guess: Glass top range?
>>
>>8527769
bruh
first one always sucks, but use a tiny bit of butter it helps with the second one it'll be perfect

turn it when the pancake is full of bubbles
count to 90 and its likely done just check the edges mang
>>
>>8527811
>pancake mix
>doesn't contain egg or milk
So it's just flour?
>>
>>8527873
Hahoyy thanks to that picture I'm watching Channel Zero, thanks my dude.
>>
Use melted butter in your batter for flavor and between every pancake wipe the pan real quick with a paper towel dabbed with a little oil
>>
>>8527769
You are obviously not preheating the pan, and then you have the heat up too high once it gets going. Set medium low or low and wipe the surface with a stick of butter before each pancake.

Like others have said, best to cook too slowly instead of too quick, you want to cook the middle before flipping.

Bubbles should form on top and pop, leaving a hole. That way, you know it is cooked in the middle. Then flip. If its burned at this point, lower heat.

References, I make god tier flappy Jackie's.
>>
>>8527822
How do you know lol
>>
>>8527769
How in the hell do you fuck up pancakes? A fucking monkey could cook better than you. Do yourself a favor and never step into a kitchen again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.