[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't boil his pasta in chicken or vegetable stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: stock options.jpg (485KB, 2168x1451px) Image search: [Google]
stock options.jpg
485KB, 2168x1451px
>he doesn't boil his pasta in chicken or vegetable stock
it's like you don't even enjoy flavor
>>
whatever you say, marco
>>
>>8523963

I'm boiling how much stock to cook pasta?! I don't think so.
>>
File: 1484188276562.png (452KB, 679x670px) Image search: [Google]
1484188276562.png
452KB, 679x670px
>not boiling your pasta in piss
>>
File: IMG_1148.jpg (31KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1148.jpg
31KB, 380x380px
>>8523963

Pic related is not chicken stock you mouth breather
>>
File: liquid stock.jpg (525KB, 1000x420px) Image search: [Google]
liquid stock.jpg
525KB, 1000x420px
>>8524013
ever heard of liquid stock?
>>
>>8524020

No one is stupid enough to waste that much stock boiling pasta. If they are, they would actually be stupid enough to unironically tell people about it. Huh...
>>
You can just salt your water with about 1% solution of salt (varies on the specific salt you use) and it should have similar saltiness to a broth and it will make your noodles super tasty. General rule of thumb is to taste the water you're thinking of boiling your noodles in and understand your noodles will end up tasting like the water, so salt to taste. Usually I go with about 5 grams per liter of water.

No need to waste stock, especially if it's proper homemade stock.
>>
>>8523963
>boil pasta in stock to give it slight flavor
>use fraction of that stock to make sauce and give the dish actual flavor

Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>8524020
>>8524013
These things are about as tasty as the juice that pools at the bottom of trash bags.
>>
>>8524024
I reuse the stock and boil several batches of pasta until it is disposed of
>>
>>8523963
Distracts from the flavor of the actual dish you're preparing.
>>
>>8524080
Is that suppose to make it sound better? Old starchy sludge water? What the fuck are you even doing with your life?
>>
>>8524092
making delicious pasta that everyone I serve it to highly enjoys that is what I am doing.
>>
>Hey why does this lasagna look and taste like shit?
>Oh, some guy on 4chan told me to always boil my pasta in vegetable stock
>>
i boil pasta in remouillage

using stock is a waste
>>
>>8524107
Sure you are. Telling lies on the internet won't change the fact you are a fat lonely virgin who has a printed pic of your waifu taped to a couch cushion you found in a back alley. Kill yourself.
>>
>>8524024
Not him but I make pasta in a saucepan so I use less stock
And I use the starchy stock as the base for a sauce
>>
boil pasta in vegetable oil. the essence of the vegetable is in the oil
>>
>he doesn't braise mushrooms, lettuce and peas in chicken stock, lemon juice and butter to eat with like every meal

what the FUCK are you even for
>>
>not boiling your spaghetti in the prego to save yourself time
>>
>not bathing in your stock after cooking pasta to conserve water

Way to kill the earth op
>>
>>8524821
>not spearing tomatoes with raw spaghetti

waste not, want not
>>
>>8524024
t. poorfag
>>
>>8524036
What a coincidence.

The juice that pools at the bottom of trash bags is exactly what I use to boil my pasta in.
>>
File: 1479536262113.jpg (18KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479536262113.jpg
18KB, 399x400px
>not boilin' ya 'ghetti in the pasta sauce itself

Shiggy, 'non
>>
>eating
>>
When I boil my pasta I always use knorr stock pots. You should try it.
>>
>>8524013
>>8524020
Silly meat eaters think that everything has to taste like meat. Just add salt to bring out the natural flavors of the pasta.
>>
>>8524821
>not making your own human-flavored stock
>>
>>8526206
You absolute madman, you'll doom us all!
>>
>>8526206

Does this work?

I've also always wondered what would happen if you dripped milk through coffee instead of water, since people put milk in coffee.
>>
>>8523963
I just boil my pasta in butter and then add the keptchup, saves ma a lot of time
>>
>>8526258
>I've also always wondered what would happen if you dripped milk through coffee instead of water, since people put milk in coffee

the milk would probably clog the machine and filter since you would have to get it hot enough that it would develop a skin.
>>
>>8526258
Yeah, it does work.

Thickens the sauce too.
>>
>>8526226

Are you a fucking idiot? Clearly I said my pic was not stock. Kill yourself faggot vegan. No one gives a shit about you or your opinions on cooking.
>>
I saw a cooking show where a guy cooked his spaghetti in two bottles of red wine so the pasta was red. It worked, but all I could think was what a waste of wine.
>>
>>8527150
Did he just poor it down the drain when he strained it? I think there are various recipes that call for boiled wine if he recycles it.
>>
>>8524024
I mean couldn't you just add a bit of stock to the water you boil the pasta in and it would still flavor it a little?
>>
>>8527208

Why do you even need to? Do you plan on eating pasta with no sauce? I cook my pasta al dente and then bake it with sauce so it soaks up a bit of sauce and helps it all stick together. I see no reason to put anything in the water except salt.
>>
>>8527174
It's gonna have shitloads of starch in it. Maybe it could be used in a sauce or something.
>>
>>8527208

Why would you want to add chicken flavor to it in the first place though? Surely it would clash with the flavor of whatever sauce you're making to serve with it.

Maybe if you had nothing else in the house but pasta (no sauce, nothing else) then I could see doing that to add flavor, but in general circumstances it makes no sense to me.
>>
>>8527174
>recipes
Throw in some cinnamon, nutmeg and clove and you've got mulled wine to get sloshed on with the meal.
>>
>>8527231

Do you really want your mulled wine to be starchy?
>>
>>8527231
>>8527242
Also non-alcoholic as almost all of the alcohol would have boiled away by the time the pasta is ready.
>>
>>8527242
You're right, better drink some gin first so I can't taste it.
>>
>>8523963
that's what sauce is for.

If you are thickening a stock based sauce with pasta starch, then I have no problems with this whatsoever.
>>
>>8527252
Actually no, it takes a very long time for alcohol to boil off from food. 10 minutes is nowhere near enough time and would only boil off a very small amount.
>>
>>8527264

That's not necessarily true. If you are slow simmering a sauce, yes. If you are rapidly boiling pasta, you will cook off a shit load of alcohol.
>>
>>8527264

It takes a very long time for ALL the alcohol to boil off. You'd lose a lot of it in 10 min.
>>
>>8527274
You hit a point of diminishing returns though. If you are boiling pasta in a harder wine (13% or so) at about 100C, your starchbooze would still be about as alcoholic as beer in 10 mins.

Also, what kind of pasta are you making? 10 mins is excessive.
>>
>>8527306

I eat whole wheat pasta, and it takes longer to cook, even al dente. Good job coming up with "but If you use stronger wine" to try and make yourself right, but you're still just an idiot. It's fucking stupid. Did you factor in the time it takes to bring the wine to boil? Did you factor in the time it takes to mull the wine after you cook the pasta? Or will you make mulled wine at the same time you cook your pasta? No one wants to drink mulled wine full of pasta starch regardless of alcohol content anyway. Your ideas are stupid and you are stupid.
>>
>>8523963
Fucking moron, the wheat is supposed to be the flavor of the dish

Git gud
>>
>>8524013
Fuck off Marco Pierre White
>>
>>8524028
you could save the stock after for soup, the pasta will give it added flavour
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.