[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/ thread. Going into day 10. What's the longest you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 21

al/ck/ thread. Going into day 10. What's the longest you guys have ever stayed sober.
>>
In the past 5 years or so, probably about 4 days. Actively making a change now though, planning no alcohol during the week and moderation at the weekend.

Tried moderation a couple of nights ago and after a a few drinks I thought fuck it and opened a bottle of wine, then more drinks after. Can't go on like that, not sustainable at all and must be really bad for me.
>>
File: 1485748138245.jpg (724KB, 2988x3915px) Image search: [Google]
1485748138245.jpg
724KB, 2988x3915px
I haven't been sober for more than a month straight in 9 years.
The last time I was sober for a month was in Q1 of 2016. Needless to say I still drink every day, but I have mostly cut out liquor. Bottle of wine or a shit ton of beer anyway.
>>
>>8522198
I can't do moderation. Or I won't however you wanna think about it. The longest I did was just over 2 months then went on a bender and lost my job.
>>
>>8522189
23 years. I didn't discover the joy of alcohol until I was 23.

Non autistic answer, like 14 days.
>>
I haven't gone a day without drinking in months
>>
>>8522251
2015 was the first year where I knew for certain that I drank every single night.
>tfw
>>
File: My_0859ae_6142808.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
My_0859ae_6142808.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>8522189

It's day 3 without booze, just got paid and already contemplating about getting booze.

How do you guys stay sober? I have issues with my kidneys and should stop but the problem is I get bored and unmotivated and then I just want to drink. I can't hang out with my friends because that will only lead to more heavy drinking since they're also alcoholics.
>>
>>8522259
Dude it's gotta be so hard to have multiple alcoholic friends, I can't even imagine. My best friend is, but if all my friends were there would probably just be no hope for me.
>>
File: 1918131_326946920550_8079694_n.jpg (40KB, 604x452px) Image search: [Google]
1918131_326946920550_8079694_n.jpg
40KB, 604x452px
>>8522259
When I'm drinking I stay away from my friends who are alcoholics, so if I went and hungout with them I'd drink anyways. I'm probably fucked either way but here's hoping. See what happens when I get paid lol.
>>
>>8522259
How good would a few coldies be right about now... My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.
That sweet buzz..
>>
Sober for a week now. Thought about not drinking this month which went well for two weeks and then I went out with friends once and ended up drinking for five days straight which resulted in a horrible hangover. Drinking really isn't good for me but then again I hate my life when I'm sober.
>>
Since I became an alky? I dunno. Like ten days maybe?
Right now? 4 days but not trying too hard. Already planning on getting some booze today.

The problem is, when I drink, for some reason I have to get wasted. So I end up spending a lot of money (canadian, so ten times the price here), and drinking way too much.
>>
File: 1483365702023.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
1483365702023.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
Longest I've been sober in the past 5 years is 16 days. I probably drank 330/365 days last year. When I can buy weed I spend a lot less money on piss but weed isn't always easy to get. I want to lose weight but beer is the cheapest thing and comes in reasonable portions. I mean wine is cheaper but I'll suck a goon sack dry in 2 days which is like 3x the alcohol of a six pack of beer each night. A bottle of straight lasts me two days as well and in Straya the cheapest shit is $35 a bottle. So I'm doomed to either an ever expanding gut or complete abstinence. If there's alcohol in my house I will drink it. No moderation.
>>
sober now. just moved across the state. only $11
life is miserable and i want to die but a few days off alcohol is actually picking me up.
>>
>>8522189
I'm on day 31 now. Got drunk the night before New Year's Eve.

Since the start of the year I have had 0 carbs and 0 alcohol.
>>
File: 273204.jpg (206KB, 860x525px) Image search: [Google]
273204.jpg
206KB, 860x525px
322 days as of today. Was about to lose my job and house. My grandpa finally died following a long, painful ordeal after drunkenly breaking his back. I went on one last bender after that and decided to quit for good after 10 years of drinking very hard. Went to rehab. Now, work is good, family is not bad. I have a car again after a DUI in 2011. Sobriety has been great. Buying myself pic related in March 14th as a little gift to myself
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33KB, 268x336px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33KB, 268x336px
I stayed sober for three months at the beginning of 2016. I felt bored, depressed, angry, bitter. All the things that being sober is supposed to do didn't happen for me. I didn't feel unburdened or like my eyes had been opened. I felt like I was wasting time and not doing something that I enjoy doing.

I was encouraged by a friend who had been sober for almost two years. She had been a hardcore alcoholic like me back when we were close, then we drifted apart and finally reunited because of our sobriety. And we both broke our sobriety together, after weighing out the pros and cons.

At the very least, I can say that taking a long break from drinking led to me cutting back in a big way. I used to be a twice-a-week binge drinker, then I cut down to just Friday nights and today I only get buzzed maybe once a week. But giving up drinking completely is for the birds, as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think the benefits of sobriety are really so great, especially if you're already a functioning alcoholic or a dry drunk.
>>
>>8522673
Also, I'd like to share this with you guys because you may have had a similar thought.

I got out of a detox center a couple years ago and had this thought that I could never quit drinking entirely because I'd never be able to toast at my daughter's wedding. I have no kids, no wife. It was just an excuse to drink again. When I went to rehab last year, at the first outside AA meeting we went to, an older guy said the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. That he couldn't completely quit because he'd never be able to toast at his daughter's wedding. He had no kids or a wife at the time, either. It was an excuse to drink again that day.

Fucking dumb shit we tell ourselves
>>
>>8522693
Daughterposter is that you?
>>
>>8522693
That's the dumbest, straightest, most retarded breeder logic I've ever heard. Fathers who "give their daughters away" and obsess over the ceremony of handing her over to another man so he can fuck her are the worst kind of pimp incestuous pedophilic scum.
>>
>>8522694
No
>>8522698
Ok. You kinda missed the point
>>
im sober today

gonna find out in a few hours if ive lost my job or not to due to drinking

regardless, I feel good.
>>
>>8522702
Well, I realize that you were just saying this sort of thing to rationalize your refusal to go full sober. But there are people who actually think about that kind of thing sincerely.
>>
>>8522715
Gotcha. I assume you're talking about Trump
>>
>>8522743
I wasn't, but maybe I was.
>>
Maybe a week in 2016. No hope of going any longer this year.

$21.99 for a fifth of bum-tier rotgut here in Canada. Nearly $100 a month for a fifth per week. I'd be spending at least 200-250 to drink as much as I want, but I need to save money. Fucking liquor regulations.
>>
>>8522898
Fingers crossed that liquor becomes even cheaper here in Trump's America.
>>
Been sober for about two days.
I almost don't count getting blackout drunk on Saturday, because I passed out and was awake and sober again all before 5PM.

So, if we don't count Saturday, it's been almost two weeks! :)
>>
In the last 7 or 8 years, probably about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. I always end up relapsing because of living in conditions that make me fucking miserable and I'm poor at coping.
>>
>>8522900
Not sure how you think that's going to happen since Trump doesn't like alcohol. I think his brother drank himself to death. He might try to ban it outright.
>>
>>8522927
Well, I actually don't think it's going to happen or that anything else even accidentally good will happen as a result of this administration, but I'm trying to find a silver lining ;_;
>>
>>8522189
3 months
>>
>>8522673
well done mate
>>
>>8522928
>le Trump is bad meme
Stop it.
>>
>>8522938
>le trump is not so bad meme
Please, stop it.
>>
>>8522928
Trump might just get impeached and replaced with his VP who's a gigantic jesusfag. In that case, you're fucked.
>>
>>8522928
Here's your silver lining: every time the trump does anything regarding US policy the value of Bitcoin surges up $100
>>
>>8522189
I was sober from birth until my eighteenth birthday
>>
>>8522932
Thanks
>>
>>8522203
Is that a frog?
>>
I started seeing a therapist, and I'm coming up on a year of being sober. I don't drink caffeine, or do any drugs including weed or cigarettes. Got back in school and have a 4.0 GPA. I started bicycling last week. All of the hard stuff is over. Feels good. Now I just have to finish my degree and find a job. Me 2.0 is going to do things the right way this time. Looking forward to it.
>>
>former lardass weighed 280+ at some point
>virgin with no social skills
>drop to 180 in a little over a year but still insecure
>meet cute vietnamese girl at school and spill my life story to her
>get too scared when we hang out so I always make sure we both drink
>end up just cuddling while buzzed
>too afraid to do anything with her sober

I'm afraid that I'm gonna become alcoholic because I have no confidence and use drinking as a means to not feel judged around her.
>>
>>8523035
Stop using alcohol as a social crutch now
>>
>>8522698
>this is how the average 4chan user talks now
Become an hero, you flaming faggot.
>>
>>8522951
>might get impeached
I'm not even trying to be combative here, but that just isn't going to happen.
>>
>>8523055
exactly my thoughts
what the fuck happened?
>>
Day 1 of trying not to drink anything during the week. I am bored as fuck and it is only 8pm. What do?
>>
>>8523137
Go to the gym.
Push yourself hard.
Go home.
Collapse into blessed sleep.
>>
>>8523171
Already been today, thinking I might start going in the evening instead for exactly this reason. Thankfully am feeling pretty tired now so early night in bed.
>>
>>8523180
Sweet.
Keep it up, you don't need liquor.
>>
>>8523137
Reinstall Desert Combat and fly the apache around El Alamein
>>
work is trying to force me into treatment and is trying to get me to sign a contract saying that I am, whether it be AA or otherwise

I hate meetings and get nothing from them.

what do, ck?
>>
you think cirrhosis and liver cancer are fun? the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>8523375
>what do, ck?
If you want to keep your life together, then it's quite obvious that you need to get help
>>
>>8523388
>fun
Not one single alcoholic will tell you that it's fun. It starts that way, sure, but it becomes the exact opposite
>>
>>8523390
fair enough. it just seems a gross invasion of privacy to be forced into a meeting, especially out of work.

they also want written documentation saying that I am indeed attending meetings.

ive been to 20 meetings or so and have never heard of such a thing even happening

any input?
>>
>>8523412
Get a sponsor to write your notes, I guess. Are they offering to help you with any kind of treatment other than AA?

Honestly, the real question is, do you even want to quit?
>>
>>8523412
>ive been to 20 meetings or so and have never heard of such a thing even happening
I've heard of court ordered AA, but I've never seen how they monitored it
>>
Did two separate two week sober streaks last year just to prove to myself that I could do it. Lately I've been so stressed at work though that I feel like I need at least a six pack to get to sleep. It would probably be a good time to try another one of those two week streaks.
>>
>>8523435

I don't want to go to any sort of in patient rehab treatment. doctor put me on valium short term but work wont let me back until I have written documentation that I am getting help. WEEKLY. wtf?

I don't want a sponsor. I don't really want anything to do with AA. I find no help in sitting in a room with a bunch of sob stories. half the people there relapse every fucking month anyways

>>8523439
yeah I'm really confused. I tried to stress the ANONYMOUS part to my employer but they were like ''lol nah we have heard you can get notes''

glad people who have never been to a meeting know more about them than I do
>>
>>8523412
>it just seems a gross invasion of privacy to be forced into a meeting, especially out of work.
Seems like they're being pretty generous considering they could just can your ass.
>>
>>8523463
If you have insurance and/or can afford it, see a therapist. Sounds like you don't really want to quit
>>
>>8522189
If you mean not gotten drunk, 3 weeks in recent memory, having on avg 1.5 drinks per week. If you mean not had a single drink, 1 week. This is in the past several years.
>>
>tfw I'm not a weakling and am fully in control of my desire to drink
>enjoy drinks a few times a month, and never drink in excess
>never have to deal with uncontrollable urges to get drunk

Not sure if I got lucky in regards to this or if most people are just addicts waiting to happen.
>>
30 years.
>>
>>8522189
Op what is going on in your picture. For some reason I am aroused.
>>
>>8522698

wow, just wow. I'm literally shaking right now

gtfo of my board you incest-hating pedophobe
>>
>>8522189
I've tried alcohol once and it tasted like piss.
How can you even drink that?
>>
>>8522189
Longest I've ever stayed sober was 6 months. Drinking is just such a part of life, though, since I've been drinking since I was in jr. high, and it's such a part of my culture, I can't stay sober forever. Now, I just drink on the weekends, but I drink a lot. I stick to just beer and wine, though, I have cut out the hard liquor.
>>
>>8522977
can a nigga get a rim shot?
>>
>>8522189
If I'm really busy I stay sober around a month or so, then I get back to drinking. I think that's fine. I don't seem to make up for the time I was sober, although I did finish 3x 750ML of 38% alcohol last week. Hmm sounds like a lot actually, drank 12 beers as well. Oh well.
>>
File: tears.jpg (9KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
9KB, 291x173px
>>8522189
longest i went was around 9 months.
ive been messing up so much recently.........i cant stop myself from drinking again after a 5-6 days.

ive got to attend my group therapy tomorrow. and at the moment i would rather fucking kill myself. back at rock bottom.

sorry to bring the mood down. but i dont talk to people normally, at all, and im very lonely and want to die.
i feel dead inside.
thanks for keeping my company.
>>
>>8522189
since i started drinking nightly? maybe half a week, after i drunk drove my car and flipped it. i dont think anythings going to stop it unless i get a girl and a steady job that im proud of
>>
>>8523802
You're not going to get a girl and a steady job if you continue to drink
>>
I was only able to get sober due to having a severe stomach illness I couldn't hold much down our in for like 3 weeks, alcohol made it way worse and any time I drank it I became hypotensive and would fall over.

I was like 28 atvthe time. After that I just enjoy it every once in a while.
>>
>>8523531

We were all like that at some point. Keep on drinking and "controlling" it, not gonna end badly at all.
>>
>>8522189
Drank a fifth to a liter of more of whiskey a day for past 7 years. Went into detox 8 days ago and got out 4.....want to drink so fucking bad right now; but holding off until May so my liver can heal
>>
Jesus Christ trying to sleep sober is hard. Trying to pass out with your brain running a mile a minute sucks.
>>
>>8522189
In week 2 of rehab, 13 days clean
Been drinking heavily for 3-4 years.
It's an uphill battle everyday, anons
Definitely consider at least partial hospitalization if you can. It's worth it to regain the control that alcohol takes away.
>>
I have not taken off one day this year anons I need help.
>be me great business
>run it on my own
>make a lot of money
>pound a pint of vodka on my way home 2 blocks from home
>drink beer with supper so no one suspects shit
I am a drunk and I need help
Suggestions my friends?
>>
>>8522251
>>8522256
how the hell do you guys afford that shit?
>>
>>8523531
>most people are just addicts waiting to happen.

Well, you said it yourself.
>>
>>8524621
Taper off
>>
>>8524623
>how the hell do you guys afford that shit?

My drinking habit of roughly a liter a day for every day an entire year cost me 10 bucks a day for rotgut canadian whiskey

so that was only $3,650 a year (I make well over 100k though, so it's easy for me....also did it when I made 47k/yr though)
>>
>>8524669
How do you suggest anon?
>>
>>8524673
Each night, drink slightly less
>>
>>8523531
Lmao breh, I remember feeling like that. It's still fun for me but i certainly drink more than I should and it's starting to effect my life
>>
>>8522189
I went 5 days during a move, it was too stressful and other things were on my mind. Well kind of, but I was too exhausted to go and buy, and knew I'd fall asleep too quickly.

Otherwise, I take 2 days off every week, don't drink on weekends unless it's an actual occasion. My 2 days proves to me that I'm not so super weak that I give into my "oh shit It's Sunday, their hours suck today" (live in the south) or "oh fuck yeah Saturday morning, nothing to do, I can get drunk"
>>
>>8524673
>>8524669
>>8524681
Oh I agree. The hardest part is the willpower. To get bloggy for a second, if it's in the house I'm going to drink it. No willpower this way, I bought it, I can drink it, whatever excuse.

purchase smaller amounts of booze, of course. At least with me, once I'm actually drunk and out of alcohol, that's it, I don't think about it.
If you're a bottle guy instead of beer, you do this other thing I did.
Drink until you feel good. This isn't about absolute limits, but like I couldn't finish a 750ml myself, I'd feel a certain way and say "okay I'm done", then mark the bottle a tiny bit lower with a marker. That's where I'd absolutely quit for the night.

and then in the mornings, I'd wake up and have booze left. great feeling, I don't have to go out and buy more. It's marking the bottle and obeying it, you know you're drunk enough and you're rewarding yourself in the future, you'll appreciate it even more the next day rather than getting black out drunk
>>
>>8522198
Good luck m8. If you can do moderation power to you. I dont seem to have that off-switch.

>>8522259
My marriage started failing. On top of that a physical/blood work at the VA showed my liver and kidneys were going to shit. Eventually my wife kicked me out until I sobered up. Said if I came home drunk again we were done. Whole life just went to hell.

>>8522673
Rock on man. Sorry about your loss tho

>>8522692
What do you think made sobriety suck for you?
>>
Managed not to drink last night, feel pretty good today actually. Maybe I can stick to this.
>>
>>8522189
like 5 years i think
>>
What are withdrawal symptoms like guys? Cause I really can't tell if I'm having them or the shit Chinese food I had last night made me sick.
>>
>>8525363
Depends on how heavily and how long you have drank
Usually you'd experience tremors, nausea, excessive sweating, and anxiety at best
At worst you could have seizures, DT, and death
Go to a doctor or a rehab clinic for a (hopefully) free assessment
>>
>>8525389
Well I have thrown up twice, had nausea and stomach pains/gas as well as being really cold, slight fever, really thirsty. I don't think I have withdrawal symptoms because I had a swig of bourbon to see if the symptoms went away, and they didn't. I ended up throwing it up about 20 minutes later. Doesn't matter anyway, if I keep going down this path, I'll end up with real withdrawal symptoms. I just can't fucking sleep at night for the life of me
>>
>>8525409
It could very well be withdrawal
How long have you been drinking and how much?
>>
Reading this thread freaks me out. No more weekday drinking. Saturdays only. I really don't want to fuck up my life even more than I already have (non-alcohol related)
>>
>>8525416
Year and a half. Generally a bit less than a pint a night
>>
>>8525423
Although last August and October I didn't touch a drop
>>
>>8525423
pint of liquor/night? for a year?
most likely just anxiety + bad chinese food.
but you shouldn't go cold turkey anyway, fucking taper off or go to the doc to get benzos
>>
>>8525423
That's pretty heavy, but definitely not as much as I was expecting
You definitely would be at a severely high risk of developing addiction if you aren't already
Have you had any periods of sustained sobriety over the 1.5 years?
Do you buy the booze because you want it, or because you feel like you have to?
Do you find yourself being dishonest to family and friends about how much you drink?
How do you justify consuming so much? Is it because you need to unwind after a hard day, or for anxiety?
Have you been ignoring chores around the house and personal hygiene?
Do you black out often, or find yourself in a place and have no recollection of getting there?

These are questions they ask people at rehab clinics. If you find yourself answering any of these questions with anything but a no, you should go into at least partial hospitalization and start on some detox, because you have a problem and could very well end up throwing your life away.
>>
>>8525437
I'm dishonest about it with my family, I drink because I can't sleep at night, I just spent Tuesday and Wednesday sober, and like I said, I had two months in August-October just because, I don't black out
>>
>>8525450
I'm an addict myself, (3-4 years, about 1+L/day)
If you don't change now, you'll likely end up in a hole that's much harder to dig yourself out of.
I'm only 21 years old, and I'll never be able to have another drink ever again for the rest of my life, because I made terrible decisions when I decided to become independent way too early on.
It's not worth it. I'd kill to go out with my old friends to the bar on a friday night, but I'll never get to do that again. I'll never be able to have another beer after mowing the lawn on a hot summer day. I'll never be able to join the family for drinks on thanksgiving while watching the game on TV.

I started for a similar reason. Trouble sleeping, and trouble socializing due to anxiety. If you don't get out of doing this nightly it WILL snowball. You don't become a problem drinker overnight.
It costs a lot less money, with my insurance at least, to buy a script of trazadone for sleep, and SSRIs for the social component. a measly 20 bucks a month and I'm on top of those problems vs. the 30 bucks per night in booze.
You have a chance to save yourself a lot of trouble in the long run. You should start immediately, anon.
>>
>>8522189
>What's the longest you guys have ever stayed sober
I can't remember, it's been so long since last time I was sober
haha
>>
>>8525455
Our situations sound similar. All right then, can a general practitioner prescribe a sleeping pill?
>>
>>8525467
Yes, I'm pretty sure they can. Trazadone is what I take at the moment. It works wonders for me, but if not there are hosts of other options out there. It depends on your insurance, but I personally only pay about 2$ for a month's supply of 100mg pills.

Mention your drinking to your doc as well, or like I said earlier, join a Partial hospitalization program if it's affordable now.
If you do end up with withdrawal, you'll definitely want to jump on something to curb the symptoms. I wouldn't recommend jumping on benzos immediately like another anon said, though. Medications are ultimately up to you though. I don't know how your body or brain works, and I'm not a doctor. just giving you my 2 cents.
>>
I really want to switch from beer to vodka since I've been getting fat, but I'm afraid I'll not be able to stop myself from drinking every day. When I drink beer I generally buy enough to just last me the one night, then I won't buy more until the next session. I can't drink an entire bottle (750ml) in one sitting, but if I buy a handle to drink I'll probably just start drinking every single day since I will have more alcohol in the house. What do?
>>
I quit drinking almost two years ago and I don't regret it. Seek help guys, life can always get better :)
>>
>>8522645
It's impossible to have zero carbs, fibre is a carb.
>>
>>8525576
>fibre is a carb.

The amount of calories in fibre is negligible
>>
>>8522189
never had alcohol in my life.
>>
>>8526017
Oh and I'm 36
>>
>>8523794
>lonely
>dead inside
Are you me?
>>
File: JTMS.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
JTMS.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>8523794
bro get a hobby. start playing magic cards. you won't even have money for booze, trust me.
>>
>>8523794
It's alright, bud. One step at a time. You'll get through it. Just make each day a little better.
>>
>>8526421
Enjoy that ban.
>>
>>8523541
Staff party, drunk as fuck, dancing with brunette, blonde girl tackles us. I decided I like it on the floor for a little bit.
>>
>>8522189
Yeah so anyway I was getting absolutely hammered drunk alone at the TGI Fridays in the mall and I see this hot piece outside the window. I throw my money down on the counter and adopt a fake limp on the way out of there, and I limp up to her and say, "Hey babe, you don't want none of this shit, I'm a sinkin ship babe. Don't cry for me." And I limped off drunk as shit. Her fuckin panties were probably sopping wet because of how badass I appeared, but I left that bitch coldcocked just so I could stick it to her. Laughed my fuckin ass off limpin away.
>>
im drunk and what did he mean by this
>>
now even when I just have a beer, I feel terrible. stressed, anxious, and moody.

I don't know what happened to me.
>>
ruined muh week of sobriety by drinking an entire two six last night. might as well keep on drinkin.
>>
>>8526026
It's only cool if you're Trump and have been sober for 70 years on earth.
>>
>>8526715
Seems like you lucked out then if you ask me. If drinkin makes you feel bad now, you're home free, you don't have to.
>>
>>8523802
also if you get a girl you will probably find one who drinks all the time as well. And you will only get a job where they can overlook your drinking.

t. that girl.
>>
16 months.
Jail sentence.
Didn't even bother me in the slightest. There were a few (hot) days when I thought, "I want to be in a beer garden, getting pissed", but it was just a case of 'can't get it, move on'.

As soon as I got out, I was back on it. Life in prison is a cocoon, well here anyway. It's life on the "outside" that drives me to drink.
>>
>>8526705
>4chan
>Quality
Mom got him the wrong kind of hot pockets
>>
>>8526913
He lies about so much I'd bet that's a lie too.
>>
I volunteered for the night shift at work so I won't drink during the week. It's working so far. Hopefully they don't fuck with my schedule any more.

I can't be off work at night without drinking. The boredom is too much.
>>
>>8526965
Did you go to prison because of booze?
>>
>>8527099
Hillary lied about literally everything.
No one can expect a politician to never lie, but there is evidence for plenty of what Trump says, and the media tries to screw him at every corner. The legacy media has always been liberal and they've always done this, it's just a fact.
I don't want this thread to derail though, sorry. Just busted open a bottle of wine.
>>
>>8522189
I do 40 days a year.
>>
>>8526564
I would like it on the floor a little bit with those two as well if you know what I mean ;)
>>
>>8527154
>doesn't want thread to derail
>posts outrageous and unfounded accusations from the alt-right.

Can't we all just get along, guys?
>>
6 months shy of 8 years. I was drunk nearly every day from 17-22
>>
>>8527390
>outrageous and unfounded accusations
that's where you're wrong, kiddo
>>
>>8522189
6 months
I rarely drink, I get violent when drunk, don't want to end up in prison haha
>>
>tfw you don't drink for a few hours and you start to get delirous
wew
fucking jews
>>
>>8522189
Just got to 2 weeks with the help of benzos and kratom. Going to drink this weekend when I run a Call of Cthulhu game though. Might also drink tomorrow night because I don't work. Just trying to not get blackout drunk because I have a tendency to do that.
>>
>>8522189
i was sober for a year and some change after some bad things happened with my health at a young age

now im back on the wagon and i drink fairly often but not every day like i used to

my girlfriend was proud of me but now thats going away pretty quickly
>>
I haven't been drunk in absolutely months, had a beer here and there but not felt any effects.

I must have some jew blood in me because I'm a poorfag and too frugal to justify ever buying a bottle of something hard that'll get me drunk when I could buy like half a dozen bags of lentils for the same price as a bottle of whisky.

maybe I'll give in and blow some money on something though, I've been sober so long I think it's driving me crazy being so straight-laced.
>>
>>8523794
hey man me too

i did 10 months sober in 2014
then i did about 6 months sober in 2015
and another like 5 months in 2016

i still fucking hate myself and want to die most days

life is empty and bleak

antidepressants don't work, i don't know

i do run 5 to 7 miles a day and it helps a bit, also hot baths
>>
I went two days sober and then it snowed today which made me snap. I don't even enjoy drinking anymore. I mixed 6 shots with a Rockstar energy drink and chugged the entire thing within seconds. Consuming that much at once gives me an almost opiate-like euphoria that just pulsates throughout my body. I just finished up the rest of the 750ml. Not looking forward to waking up tomorrow
>>
>>8526564
That blonde is HOTT AF.

When u gon clap dem cheeks
>>
>>8527116
Not specifically, but it had an influence - yeah
>>
>>8527390
The alt right is not a political movement. There was some moron named Spencer who went out in public to be a fucking absolute edgelord idiot who tried to bring memes into politics. It is not an actual stance.
That fucking moron just gave the mainstream media a buzzword to latch onto to demonize the President.
>>
Ideas on how to hide alcohol smell?
>>
File: awoopeek.jpg (495KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
awoopeek.jpg
495KB, 1176x1000px
awoooooo
afraid to stop drinking
think im going to have a seizure
dont want to be alive anymore
>>
>>8522189
I usually go an average of about two weeks between drinking alcohol, however lately ive been on a beer kick.

Weed on the other hand was much harder for me to stay sober from, I smoked it every day for about six years. Since i'm on the heavier side, I still havent been able to pass a drug test since stopping on dec 4th. The waiting game sucks!

Word of advice for fellow stoners. If you want a good job and smoke weed everyday quit asap! Smoking will feel so much better after coming home from a decent job that pays better than the shitty one you have now!
>>
>The shakes started
>>
>>8528356
don't drink
>>
File: 1472959922302.gif (756KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1472959922302.gif
756KB, 540x301px
>>8522189
I'm a pretty hard alcoholic. Way harder than anyone in my family knows. That divide has kept me feeling very alone for many years, and I deserve it. I hate myself and rightly so.
>>
>>8524621
God you post the same boring shit in every thread. Either stop drinking or don't, what the fuck do you want anyone to tell you?
>>
I am very glad I managed to get off this ride, it can be done. Strange having a good nights sleep and no brain fog. Good luck those who are trying to quit
>>
File: guE7LX0.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
guE7LX0.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>8522259
My motivation when im bored is to masturbate like 10 times until i get sores on my dick. After that i just play video games.

It's alright until i go to bed and contemplate my dreadful existence.
>>
>>8529154

I do this too, but I'm 52 and feel like I should be 'over' this...

Guess not...
>>
>>8522259
I replaced getting fucked up every night with trying to get fit, gym once a day (nothing crazy, bit of cardio and a bit of weights) and sorting out my diet. Running a bit of a calorie deficit to try and lose some weight and eating as clean as I can, I find I go about my day as normal, and in the evenings (when i would normally be drinking) I am quite tired so stick a film on / video games and go to bed around half 10 / 11. For some reason i don't feel the desire to drink if I am tired so it is working well so far.
>>
Last time was Christmas. I kind of regret it because I used it as a social crutch.
I don't blame on doing it again in the foreseeable future. Life is actually way better sober IMO

>>8528307
the alt right isn't a political movement as it is a milieu of memers and others who like white nationalism and realize that much of the ideology we have today is toxic
it is what it is, AND I LIKE IT
>>
>>8527747
Done and done, this was like 2 years ago. I got fired from all 3 of that companies locations for going on benders and not showing up for 4 or 5 days.
>>
>>8522189

On a sober run right now. I'm four days in.

My sleep has improved and I don't feel exhausted through the day, but we'll see what the weekend holds in store for me.
>>
>Don't drink
>Actually stay awake

This is horrible, I want to be tired and sleep I love sleep it's the only time I don't feel like killing myself
>>
>>8529305
You have to get passed the withdrawal and reset your brain. May take weeks or even months to sleep normally again
>>
>>8529311
Also, exercise helps A LOT. Get on a routine
>>
>>8522189
about 3 months. I drink very rarely and only with friends. just not my thing
>>
I almost hit two weeks. I had a break down over Christmas, and was hospitalized. I was fine for about a week, and enjoyed being sober until I realized that I'm just as sad and lonely sober as I am drunk. Might as well be drunk, fuck it.
>>
>>8529170
This. I'm aware that white nationalism is probably as toxic as the opposition, but something needs to change.
>>
>>8529016
i also want to die
i just keep saying to myself
>maybe tomorrow will be better, and i wont know if its a bit better if i kill myself now

>>8529315
i have also been cycling and stuff, it for sure makes things easier. but its still hard

>>8529328
this is what keeps fucking me up. just as sad and lonely sober, at least if im drunk i dont think about this crippling loneliness and disconnect from the world.
on my 4th day sober now. counting the hours until i can hide in my bed again and wonder how i want to die
>>
>>8523531
Anyone can become addicted to anything given the right circumstances, and it happens that alcohol is highly addictive. It's also widely believed that there's a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction, and it sounds like you don't have it.
>>
>>8524994
>once I'm actually drunk and out of alcohol, that's it, I don't think about it.
Really? Once I'm drunk and out of alcohol, all I can think about is making sure I don't sober up because it feels dreadful. I thought that was pretty much a hallmark of alcoholism.
>>
>>8529350
>Anyone can become addicted to anything given the right circumstances

Yes, that's a psycoholical addiction. That's what happens to people who are addicted to sex, gambling, soap operas, etc, etc.

But some things--like opiates, alcohol, nicotine, etc.--are chemically addictive in addition to possibly being psychologically addictive. They are two completely different things despite being both called "addiction".

If lock up a sex or gambling addict and keep them away from their addiction then they might be pissed off or perhaps depressed. But if you take away a serious alcoholic's booze or a heroin addict's drugs then they can suffer physical symptoms that could possibly kill them outright because their body has become chemically dependent on that substance. That doesn't happen for psychological addiction.
>>
>>8529384

You get over a physical addiction in a week max
You never get over a psychological addiction
>>
>>8529415
Neither of those statements are true.

While the acute effects of withdrawals rarely last more than a week or so the lingering effects of, say, alcohol or heroin addiction can take literally weeks if not months to disappear. For example, when I quit drinking the worst symptoms were indeed over within a week or so. But I still had insomnia for about two months before it finally went away.

Psychological addictions can be resolved in a matter of days, or perhaps never. It could be any time really.
>>
>>8522928

trumps just bitter because his tiny girl hands cant hold a full pint
>>
Haven't had a drink since... well, since Saturday. Feels like a fucking eternity.
I want to get wasted nightly, but my wife is very vigilant about my alcoholism and only wants me to drink if we're drinking together. She only likes to drink once a month, tops. Life is Hell.
>>
>>8529158
I'm a little over half your age and thought I'd be over it when I was half my age. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul.
>>
1771 days so far.
>>
>>8530032
I don't get why people have said this about him, his hands aren't even that small. They look like average, normal sized hands to me.
t. an alcohol with the smallest hands out of anyone I know except for my mother
>>
>>8530042
>only likes to drink once a month
I can't imagine what it's like to be a person who's like that. It's like why the fuck even drink at all then?
>>
>>8530138

t. family of dwarves
>>
>>8530150
Just like all the other retarded things that women do, she needs to be "in the mood" to drink.
When we were younger, we drank a lot. Sometimes every night of the week for weeks at a time and it was a fucking blast.

It's also got to do with denying your husband pleasure. She doesn't want me to drink, overeat or masturbate. In return, I refuse to fuck her unless she lets me get drunk first. This mutual misery is what holds our marriage together.
>>
I've drank everyday almost for the past 4 years maybe longer, im fat as shit but miserable and the booze is my only relief, I stay sad sometimes crying inconsolably, 31 married with 2 kids, it's a fucked up existence, every time a restock with a 30 pack or what ever I tell myself this is the last one enjoy it and be done but I always restock
>>
>>8529415
wrong
physical addiction is the worst in the first week
but your body still has to deal with all sots of shit for ages after that (up to several months)
in particular with brain activity.

>>8530138
its just desperation
hes the first president to do what he said he would do. and there are so many things to legitimately criticise him on, the media and sjw folk still portray him in a dishonest way.
he is a tall man, with proportioned hands, saying he has small hands is just a way of going "oooooh look anon he must have a tiny penis" when it doesnt matter because he is rich. and if you shamed a woman for wearing A cups you would be screamed down and publicly shamed on the news.
they could portray him honestly and still get their point across, but no. they have to go OMG HE IS HITLER
and half take the bait and the other half go, "why are the media lying and being so dishonest?"
the people funding those fucks need to nsorted out
soros is an economic terrorist

anyways
im >>8523794
and i decided to get a load of vodka
want to die still, but im gonna wait it out
losing weight despite eating and drinking.
>>8530745
hey anon.
im sorry to hear of your troubles, this whole thing is fucked isnt it.

sorry for the long post friends
im lonely as shit.dont have anyone else to talk to
>>
>Sailor Jerrys
HOLY SHIT, THAT IS FUCKING FOUL
WHY THE FUCK DID I EVEN BOTHER TRYING IT
>>
>>8531038
You should try Admiral Nelson's
>>
>>8522189
border line al/ck/ here

Is there really anything more comfy than tying one on while browsing 4chan? I mean seriously, I fucking love this.

sorry if this makes any dry alcy's thirsty.
>>
>>8522259
Drinking is a hobby to a lot of alcoholics. You have to replace it with a different hobby.
>>
Hey fellow al/ck/s, I got a question for you.

How do I tell if my drinking has had a negative impact on my health? Is there any surefire way to gauge the harm? I am genuinely curious. I don't know if I feel bad cause I am sober or if I feel bad because I've been drinking too much.

I drink about 10-15 servings of alcohol per week (10-15 shots over 7 day period).
>>
I did two weeks sober at the start of the month, which felt pretty good because it was the longest I had managed in probably 5 years and I didn't notice any negative physical side effects.

Previous attempts to sober up were met with several sleepless nights and large amounts of boredom which steadily drove me mad. Only mental stress I really felt was over this blood test I was having, as the enzyme levels were all over the place on the first and I was suppose to have stopped drinking for a few months for this one.

Anyway, the test results came back fine and I was feeling pretty good mentally, like I could function just fine if I continued my sobriety.

Ended up saying fuck that though and started up drinking again a few days later. I've noticed since then that I don't even find it all that enjoyable anymore, it's really just a thing to do.
>>
>>8531113
How in the hell do you ever even get a buzz, let alone a hangover?
>>
>>8531113
Go get a blood test, standard metabolic panel.

you're probably fine though, that's what I drink every night and I'm probably light compared to the thread norm.

Speaking of which, do any of the normal alchies/moderates here have "rules" for their drinking? Generally I've always kept it to the last 1 1/2 hours before bed, although there was a short time when I did the all-day thing.
>>
>>8531125
Well, I tend to drink in the evening, usually 2-3 hours before bed. Alcohol has a noticeable effect on the quality of my REM sleep so I wake up feeling pretty crappy.

I am not worried about that though. It's really physical health (liver markers, inflammatory factors, stomach lining, etc...)
>>
>>8531127
do any of the normal alchies/moderates here have "rules" for their drinking?

I avoid liquor for the most part. Don't drink most nights of the week unless I'm super bored, but even then I limit it to a 4 pack of tall boys.

If I get real smashed on the weekend, sometimes I'll drink beer throughout the next day if I'm not working to ease the anxiety.

Don't do it like I used to though.

Are liver enzymes tested on a BMP? I know amylase and pancreatase determine pancreatitis risk.
>>
>>8531041
how much worse is it?
>>
>>8531041
oof don't remind me.
>>
>>8531153
Half the price, 3 times worse
>>
Hello al/ck/oholics
When did you start drinking and how did it accelerate?

I started drinking semi-regularly when I was 17 going to clubs with some old friends and some chads they hung around with.
But now I'm in uni, completely devoid of genuine social experience and unable to talk to anyone as they're all so alien to be.
Instead I drink myself to sleep pretty much every night and I have no idea what to do with myself or my life.
>>
>>8529289

Any other pics of her?

Asking for a friend...
>>
I've actually been pretty good about drinking lately, only got drunk one night last weekend and twice the weekend before that.
Had a real bad streak of getting drunk all weekend and no being able to show up to class because I was so hungover. The new semester started two weeks ago so I think thats been motivating me to keep it under control
>>
File: drinking-alone.jpg (7KB, 200x224px) Image search: [Google]
drinking-alone.jpg
7KB, 200x224px
>>8531226
>started drinking at 17/18
>pretty into it immediately
>drink regularly and heavily for years, go to bed severely buzzed most nights
>somehow don't go full alcy
>now 29
>have drank from 6 up to 12 drinks a day for at least the last two years
Polishing off a liter of wine right now. feels good man
>>
>>8531226
Didnt have a sip of alcohol until junior year of highschool, so I was probably 16-17?
Got super drunk at a friends party, did that for weekends and weekends with friends. Then I realized wow I can drink alone too and being the introvert I am that sounded way more fun. I always have a better time drinking alone and listening/watching/playing/eating what I want but it also is a steep hill. Probably wouldnt be the alchy I was today if I just stuck to drinking with friends
>>
>>8531397
>6 up to 12 drinks a day for at least the last two years
>somehow don't go full alcy
I have news for ya, bud
>>
>>8531404
i feel as if he means that he isnt a haggard piece of shit, but he's absolutely alcoholic in the extreme
>>
>>8531409
Not all alcoholics are bums under the bridge
>>
>>8522189
I was sober for like 14 or 15 years.
>>
Drink a glass or two every night. Skip some times. Wouldn't consider myself an an alcki on the basis that I hardly even get buzzed
>>
>>8522189
I usually only go a day or two with alcohol at most recently. I'm in my last year of college and I'm just so fed up with the shithole I drink most every day. I'm going 3 days free now, but I am going to get drunk tomorrow and pick up some cheap booze.

I know its a bad habit but when I don't drink it is usually because I don't wanna drop more money. Even cheap booze adds up.
>>
>>8531409
I mean I don't require alcohol to function during the day, and I don't get withdrawal symptoms if I suddenly go sober. But yes, I realize the quantity I drink is way out of the normie range.
>>
>>8531456
Do you enjoy getting drunk?
>>
>>8522703
Still employed?
>>
Shit man, you guys are heavy fucking drinkers
I mean sure, I drink twice a week, sometimes more, but not so much as to stay drunk 24/7 holy shit
I like the taste of beer, but rarely, if ever, drink alone. Thats just sad. At most a caipiroska if for whatever reason I didnt get to drink during the week.
>>
>>8531510
>but rarely, if ever, drink alone. Thats just sad

Why?

Do you also not eat if you're alone?
>>
Probably like 2 weeks last year when I was trying to quit completely.
Right now I'm on day three of not drinking again. This time I'm just trying to cut back to 3 drinks max per week to lose weight.
>>
File: 1484127996817.png (466KB, 633x438px) Image search: [Google]
1484127996817.png
466KB, 633x438px
>be sober
>want to get drunk

>be drunk
>want to get sober

What do I do about this?
>>
>>8532073
do coke or something
>>
>>8524621
beer is fine, but stop drinking vodka. unless you are a bad alcoholic. if you are then just stop drinking all together. there is no advice that anyone can give you that will make you stop. if you want to stop then you will, and if you don't you wont. i guess just keep in mind that your life would likely be far better if you didn't have your little secret (which likely won't be a secret for much longer if you keep doing this)
>>
>>8522189
14 years, 0 - 14 years old
>>
since the day i was born

alcohol is for losers
>>
>>8531226
>started at 18
>go to uni, lots of parties, got fucked every weekend with my friends
>don't drink anything during the week
>decide I hate this course after 3 years (5 year course)
>drop out, get job
>open beer most days after work to relax / unwind
>after a few months it is a bottle of wine and a couple of beers practically every night
>doesn't effect my life adversely, all is well
>decide after a year to go back to uni
>course is good, but lots of free time and don't socialise much being older than everyone
>continue drinking habits
>see people I went to uni with originally getting jobs / married / houses etc
>drink more to block it out
>move on to spirits, usually half a bottle of gin / bourbon a night with a few beers
>beer is making my fat (I snack when I drink)
>spirits only now
>drink between 2/3 and a whole bottle a night

And that is where we are now. Finally realised I have a problem and trying to fix the shit in my life instead of dwelling on it. Aiming for a couple of drinks at the weekend and nothing during the week, but it is really hard, mainly because I am bored as fuck in the evenings. Oh well, gotta start somewhere
>>
>>8531510
>but rarely, if ever, drink alone. Thats just sad
Why? I agree getting piss drunk alone on a regular basis is sad, but I don't see a problem with having a couple of drinks by yourself. Even sticking on a film and getting drunk alone every now and then is good fun and harmless. Especially if you aren't a particularly sociable person which I imagine applies to a lot of us.
>>
File: Sam.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sam.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>8531269
>>
Day 13
>>
>>8532077
Fuckin vodka, that's when I started going downhill.
>>
you people are all broken
>>
>>8532427
Ah shit, you ruined it
>>
>>8526391
we are one
>>
>>8523794
me again

welp
started drinking at 11am
im probably going to kill myself soon
>>
File: peperetard3hands.png (82KB, 654x525px) Image search: [Google]
peperetard3hands.png
82KB, 654x525px
>tfw you don't know how long you've been sober for
hmmmmmm
>>
Do you guys experience brain fog sometimes?
>>
>>8532466
all of the times
>>
>>8532448

k...have fun...
>>
>>8532466
all the time
alcohol damages our brains
>>
>>8532466
Yeah, had it constantly when I was drinking heavily. Gave up and only drink periodically and it took a couple of weeks to go away.
>>
>>8522189
I dunno, like 2 days at best.

But I'm no blind drunk. Stick to 7 beers drunk quick most nights.
>>
>>8522189
I've been drinking quite a lot for myself lately, and my hip hasn't stopped hurting for days.
Is this drinker's hip? Drinking related joint pain?
>>
stupid question, I'm just getting into alcohol. At the stores like walmart or kroger, could I take one out the sixpack and just purchase it solo, I'm not sure and I don't feel like going through the effort to find out. Can't find anything online or in store that mentions it.

Else I'll just hop over to a package store
>>
>>8532829
im gonna say no
a smaller shop may allow that
but i dont think anyone has ever actually done that in a supermarket
>>
>>8532829
Answer is no pretty much.
>>
I'm in college and totally understand how alcoholism and drug abuse problems don't become apparent until early adulthood now. It's so easy to fill the free time with drugs. Too easy.
>>
>>8522189
1 yr and 6mos sober good so far but still struggling
>>
Have you guys tried smoking weed instead of drinking?

I totally get the need to have "something to do" to numb the boredom and having a bottle/glass in your hand is that something for you guys, similarly to how cigs were for me in the past and how weed is for me.

Rolling a spliff and smoking it gives me that sense of doing something and it'll fuck you up way less in health terms.

Never been a heavy drinker so I can't really say if it's anywhere close to a feasible replacement
>>
>>8533025
alcohol addictions will usually kill you, weed addictions will make you kinda retarded
>>
>>8533025
I tried this for a while, can't say if I helped but in the end I started drinking. So apparently it didn't do the trick.
>>
>>8532427

Damn, she looks so different in that pic. Still would, but not with the same ferocity as the pic in OP.
>>
>>8533025
>get severe anxiety from weed
>last time i smoked i had 180 in pulse and managed to pick up a table and lost it on top of me
>>
>>8533186
It is the definition of unflattering
>>
>be 30
>been sober for 6 years
>good job now, I have the occasional drink with friends and around holidays with family and such
>when i was 23-24, I'd drink a handle of MD 20/20 a night
>continuously hungover
>I'm high functioning drunk but one time stupidly decide to go jogging late at night
>hadn't eaten much that day nor drank any water
>black out/pass out in neighborhood, at least it was warm outside that night
>wake up covered in mud under my parents deck a few blocks from my place
>thankfully they're out of town and their backyard is enclosed and private
>swear off alcohol but eventually get used to having only one drink or so at a time, very rarely
>i know that if I get trashed again I'll be back on the train
>no one knows about my problem and this is the first time I've ever mentioned it
>>
>>8533252
haha i know your secret!
>>
>>8522992
i think we have come to the point of recognizing this as a frog, yes
>>
>>8533025
Weed isn't a viable substitute for anyone with a real addiction to alcohol. Alcohol is like smoking, in that the chemical itself produces intense cravings in addicts, which can only be satisfied by alcohol or a few closely related pharmaceutical drugs. I've been addicted to weed too before, and it's more just a problem with boredom than a real addiction.

Then there's the fact that some people can't handle weed, in fact it's the anxiety caused by chronic smoking which lead to my alcoholism. I woke up one day with intense derealisation and anxiety, which I've had ever since, and alcohol was the closest remedy to hand. I can't touch weed now, even sitting in the same room as someone smoking is enough to space me out unless I'm sat by an open window, and I now have an addiction to alcohol.
>>
>>8533295

Weed helped me quit drinking. I started drinking because of stress and related insomnia. I couldn't sleep so I'd slam some liquor. It worked at first but then I needed more and more of it...and down the slippery slope I went.

When I stopped drinking the insomnia came back with a vengeance. I desperately wanted a drink so I could get some much-needed sleep. Weed helped me take care of that without reaching for the bottle. Once a couple of weeks had passed and I got through all the withdrawal cravings, etc, then I didn't have much trouble keeping away from the alcohol.

I can't say that would work for everyone, but it certainly helped me out.
>>
i live on welfare, but here in germany the alcohol is just so cheap, you can get a liter of vodka for 5€ or a liter of Korn for 4€. beer is so cheap, its a headfuck, 58 cent for a liter. its like the government wants us to drink, you always have money left for it. and if you dont, just go collect bottles for an hour.
>>
>>8522189
I'm not an alcoholic but do have self-destructive tendencies.

Can't blame it really on anyone. Just me being an idiot. Once I went to uni and moved out it all started going downhill. Started drinking, staying indoors, stopped going to uni, lying to people, parents even, etc. Worst part was when I escaped into trapmode; decided acting like a girl would be the solution to everything.

Needless to say, that didnt work. Blew through a few thousand euros my parents had saved up for me. Felt even worse. Drank and trapped more. Catfished a guy who genuinely believed I was a girl. Contemplated suicide several times. Lost all aspects of personality, just faking it day by day .

Finally my parents found out. Forced me to move back in with them. Went to a psycologist and everything. Decided to get a fresh start and start studying at a different uni. Now, three years later things are so different:
>cute gf of 3 years who loves me for who I am. we went through a rough time when I admitted to trapping but after a month she accepted it.
>nearly finished uni, getting a degree in a field that desperately needs more workers so job will be easy to find
>did internships at a prestigious institutions who were all happy with me.
>great group of friends

Life couldn't get better eh? Then why I am sitting here being drunk as fuck whilst tomorrow I've got an important day at my final internship. Just knowing you can actually succeed at something but also knowing it takes EFFORT brings out the worst in me. This numb feeling somehow feels right.

Jesus, it started with one gin/tonic/ a few weeks ago.

sorry for the rambling guys.
>>
>>8533353
its okay to ramble anon
i had to leave university because i was a suicidal drunk with sepsis, caused by a very large amount of deep self harm gashes that i never got immediate treatment for and decided i could treat them all myself.
i am glad your in a better position in life.
alcohol is horrible man
>>
>>8533402
shit anon, sorry to hear that. Did you stop selfmedicating? Tried to get help?

Alcohol in moderating is fun for me, as a shy person it helps me communicate. But drinking alone is just the worst.
>>
>>8532829
In nordic countries it is stated in the law that you have to be able to buy only 1 beer even if its 24 pieces.
>>
>>8533446
Over here its more like you buy either 1 beer or a crate of 24. Nothing inbetween. You can, but its frowned upon
>>
>>8531403
Yeah, the first time I drank alone it was because I was depressed about some dumb shit that didn't matter, then I started to have fun with it.
The thing is my friends drank almost every day as well so this was probably going to happen no matter what. Also like all the men in my family drank a lot, and both my parents had their days as well even though they reformed and neither of them are alcoholic.
>>
I made it three weeks in 2014. Was shooting for a month but was just so bored, and I felt accomplished enough.

I had 5 days a couple weeks ago! That was pretty rad. This week has been a real shitshow though. The coke and the booze is making me feel so worn out.
>>
On day 3 now but we'll see what the weekend has in store for us.
>>
I have been sober 1 night out of the past year, although more like 4 if you count the few times i did acid, but even then i usually drank a shitload of beer to kill the trip at like 4 am
>>
>>8533025
Its not useful. I used to smoke every day until i moved in with my mom because i failed out of school because of my addiction
>>
>be me
>never touch alcohol in high school
>no friends, go to literally one party
>have underlying self destructive tendencies and bipolar
>be 18yo college sophomore, get curious because i actually have friends now
>steal my moms bottle of vodka over thanksgiving (she's a functioning alcoholic but mostly drinks wine so she doesn't notice)
>get drunk for first time at favorite bands concert on smuggled in vodka
>realize it's fun to drink
>start drinking every night after i realize none of the stores around my school card
>3 weeks later decide to try weed, smoke just a little at first but once i move off campus smoke every day because i can do it without feeling paranoid or unsafe
>got kicked out of my dorm and later apartment because of my drug/booze habits
>now 20, taking semester off and am neet because my mom decided to move to the middle of fucking nowhere with no jobs open
>she buys me beer but not wine or liquor and never more than a 6 pack so I end up getting like 10% ipas and stealing her wine to satisfy my tolerance
>she doesn't know shit about beer, thinks its all like 5% and probably wouldn't let me get the high alcohol shit if she read the label

Should i kms
>>
>>8524623
>30k American. It's easy just ignore your family
>>
>>8522408
Heard that, just finished my vanilla extract with pop.
>>
>>8533878

You're a leech. Get a job you stupid faggot. No wonder you're in a bad spot, you're drinking liquor you didn't earn. Kill yourself slowly with the poison you earned, like the rest of us.
Fuckin' A.
>>
>>8533434
it was a mix of drinking, being very mentally ill, and being used to self harm (which i had started at 6 years old)
ive had a lot of therapy
i like the people tha treated me
however
it didnt solve my problems
im extremely avoidant, i dont like company with other people

its been a quite sad existence
who would hire or date me when my arms are entirely covered in deep, dark scar tissue
a sad existence
>>
>>8533942
>>8533942
Sounds to me like the therapy didnt stick. fuck other people in general, you need a few nice people around you. About them scars, shit sucks a lot. Try covering them up for interviews i guess. Could say more, but a alcoholicsthread aint for selfmedicating i think.
>>
>>8533978
yeah it sucks
im just gonna take it day by day
death is inevitable
so if i decide my time has come, ill do a ritual and an hiro

i know a few languages, and am good at guitar
but i do not like humans
my future is pretty bleak
>>
>>8533632
>I had 5 days a couple weeks ago! That was pretty rad. This week has been a real shitshow though. The coke and the booze is making me feel so worn out.
I had 5 days sober a few weeks ago too. Two days last week, even. Back to a liter of wine every night this week.
>>
>>8533942
>who would hire or date me when my arms are entirely covered in deep, dark scar tissue
Hiring, someone who don't give a fuck, or assume you wear long sleeves because of tattoos. Get a tattoo, it may help.
Dating, a cut fetishist (may not be the best person for you) or someone who understand you have a past. So not a /pol/tard.

>>8533978
You may as well post advices even if they're not exactly related. It's not like we were in a thread about food and cooking.
>>
File: IMG_3623.jpg (85KB, 610x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3623.jpg
85KB, 610x813px
>>8523463
How the fuck does your work know you drink?
>>
i wish i wasnt such a drunk
thinkin of doin the ol' 'cide
>>
Start of day 14
>>
Haven't drunk anything at all during the week this week, planning to see if I can do moderation tonight and tomorrow. Let's see how that goes...
>>
im a faggot
>>
File: IMG_0930.jpg (160KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0930.jpg
160KB, 1500x1500px
I drank a liter and a half of rum last night and I had about a half left but all I could think about was getting empty stomach drunk in the morning so I couldn't sleep and chugged it

That was my last 9.05

so one day I guess

me being sober is the same as being drunk except I'm filled with legitimate spite instead of just being belligerent

i think I'm just a mean bastard
>>
>>8524672
Holy shit, how did you drink so much without your liver exploding?

Ive been drinking a half pint of vodka every day for rhe last 4 monrhs. and if i go over that amount the pain in my side is almost unbearable. It used to be painful if i drank that much anyways, but ive been taking vitamins so now im a little more resilient to the half pint a day.
>>
>>8535445
I also weigh about 220lbs / 5ft 11"
>>
>>8530277
sounds like an exceptionally healthy marriage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjlm3YWxqAk
>>
>>8535461
You are both fucked in the head.
>>
>>8535504
Pretty sure the one who can't detect sarcasm is more fucked, but that's fine.
>>
File: tumblr_n84ay86dqf1tflwrzo1_500.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n84ay86dqf1tflwrzo1_500.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>8524672
>I make well over 100k though, so it's easy for me
>>
>>8535461
Here's a little update for you.
Yesterday she said she's in the mood for some beers, so we went to the store to pick some up. We get to the liquor aisle and she says "I don't want to drink tonight," out of nowhere.
"Okay," I said, "But I can still have some."

She then gave me the shittiest look and literally whined like a child. I put the beer back.
>>
>>8535733
lol
>>
>>8535723
I quoted the wrong post, when I said both of them I meant the op and wife.
>>
>>8535757
Pretty sure the one who can't quote the correct post is more fucked, but that's fine.
>>
>>8535504
you're young and probably still a virgin or have otherwise never been in a very significant relationship that lasted very long
>inb4 I FUCK ALL DAY EVERY DAY I'M MARRIED TO A 10/10 NO WAIT ACTUALLY I'M A GIRL AND I WOULD NEVER TREAT MY BOYFRIEND OF 20 YEARS LIKE THAT
>>
>quit for a month and a half to get myself straight again
>once I go back, consciously, I stop drinking alone, and start counting my drinks more carefully, and not just drinking into oblivion, but drinking enough to feel good and then maintaining that level through the night
>rarely ever drunk by the time I fall asleep, rarely too drunk, rarely making-a-fool-of-myself
>start tracking the nights that I drink on a calendar, conscious to take a night or two off a week

>fast forward to now, it's been a month and a half since I started again
>still not drinking alone
>drinking to the point that I feel guilty about it the next morning
>back to the "too much is never enough" drinking
>I don't keep drinking after I get home, but I clearly pound enough while I'm out that I'm still drunk to oblivion by the time I get home
>can feel the control slipping day by day on the slippery slope

Fuck.
I thought I'd got it under control.
>>
>>8535795 here

I did too much reading about artificial human consciousnesses and mountain climbers on Mount Everest, it all made me feel very small for having my life revolve around a fucking drink.
I'm giving it up for the rest of the month.
This is an impulse decision based entirely on the fact that I feel very dissociated from myself right now. But I'm hoping I stick to it. I probably sound very immature right now. But hopefully it's still a noble goal.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>8536051
good luck anon
>>
>>8535770
>I have a shitty marriage therefore everyone does
Not everyone marries some turbobitch, champ. Sorry for your poor decision making abilities.
>>
>tfw friends have started making jokes about how much i drink

its only a matter of time before they realise im a real alcoholic
>>
>>8536163
>implying i'm not just a cranky alcoholic and that without my wife I wouldn't be drunk in a gutter somewhere
c'mon, don't tell me you're that stupid
>>
Good news lads, I've almost run out of money to spend on booze.
>>
>>8535445
>pain in my side is almost unbearable.
Sounds like pancreatitis.

>>8535733
Why did you marry her?

>>8535795
It's impossible for most of us to maintain a "healthy drinking" without falling into full blown drunk, that's why we go full sobriety. Some people manage, but it's rare, and most of the time they've never been full alcoholics to begin with.
Good luck with your month. Consider making it a regular thing, or only drinking like once or twice a year.

>>8536545
That's great, you're poor as fuck! Congratulations!
>>
>>8522203
>>8522992
>>8533285

>Frog post level: Abstract
>>
>>8535502
Story of my life.
>>
starting to get real fat, boys...
>>
>>8537031
I was always poor so it's alright.
>>
i keep staying clean for 4-6 days at a time and eating well too (one of those people that eat way too much when i drink) and although i feel considerably better physically during those interim stretches, i continually go back to binge drinking for equally long stretches. it's like i'm just in a constant state of recovering from my last binge. idk why i keep doing it, as, like i said, i feel much happier and more comfortable, especially at work, during the times where i'm not drinking.

i can't even say that it's a physicaly dependancy since i've never really experienced any withdrawals and i've never had trouble sleeping or functioning during the day at all without alcohol. i drink exclusively alone, at my house, at night, but i typically drink a pint or so of vodka and a 24oz can of whatever high abv beer i arbitrarily grab.

i just don't enjoy anything anymore without it. i can't focus on tv or music or even games anymore unless i'm sufficiently drunk, they're so much less entertaining to me. so when i'm sober, although i feel better, i'm not content and i'm excruciatingly bored.

idk anymore. going to get hammered tonight. things could be worse, i'm a babby compared to some of you i guess. but i hate the person i've become.
>>
>>8537067
iktf. i fucking hate it. i used to be in such good shape, too. fortunately, in one way at least, it's good that i have a manual labor intensive job; it keeps me in relatively passable condition despite my binge drinking and consequent awful eating habits.
>>
>>8537067
I got stretch marks all over my belly and I'm not even really fat.
>>
>>8522198
7/10 thats good shit m8
>>
>>8537120
i got them like around my armpit area
>>
>>8522927
Good. its obvious you all have problems. Same thing with heroin and coke and meth and cigarettes. Im so happy i went to prison over meth and i wouldnt have gotten off of it if it wasnt for two years in the pen. I got my kids back, a union job and my life back together thanks to prison.
>>
>>8523035
Nonononononononono NO. Put it this way if she accepts you while your drinking she'll accept you 10x more when your not drinking. I mean im not saying never drink around her but once you break that first barrier socially it will all become easier and things will just fall into place. If you keep that habit it will fuck your life up pal. To "cope" with feelings is redundant because they'll always be there anyway fucking with you and you'll always bear the burden of them, "Coping" with the burden. But when you get over the feelings you get then off your back. Dont dont use alcohol to "cope" with the burden. Man up, and do it sober. Once you get over that shit you wont need to drink in social situations. Things will fall into place pal.
>>
>>8531226
>Started drinking at 18, lived with 21+ friend who bought the house booze
>got up to almost a fifth a night
>lost job, had to move back with parents
>dry after that until I turned 21
>start drinking more beer, into craft beers and trying something new almost every night
>almost every night turns into every night
>Couldn't hide it since I lived with family
>bought my own house last year
>shift back to whiskey, a fifth lasts me a day or two

I've only just turned 24 last month, but if I keep this up I bet it'll kill me. Not sure if I care or not yet.
>>
>>8537031
month-off guy here
I understand that for many people, "moderate drinking" or "keeping it in check" is a fantasy, and not really a possibility. And I'm not ruling out the idea of permanent-sobriety in the long run. But I'm hesitant to go that far at this point. I'm 22, I'm not in too deep yet, and while I think I have a tendency to overindulge (and it's a slippery slope with that) it's not actually causing any major life problems as far as I can see.
Many would say that it's better to get out while you still can, if you still can, but I think it's just a SLIGHT bit premature to make that call. So I'm trying to walk the narrow line at the moment.

I can say now, I think at one point I'll need to fully abstain and go properly-sober. But life is long, and 22 is very young, I don't know what my future holds, and I'm holding out hope that I don't have to go there QUITE yet.

...this probably would all just sound like rationalization to an AA guy. We'll see.
>>
Something like 1 year o more from when i was 16 to almost 18
>>
>>8537201
>Not sure if I care or not yet.
This is something I always think, and then when a health problem actually appears or I feel like I OD'd I just feel scared shitless. That instinct is hard to shake. Still in a similar place to you anyway, though.

Try not to die man, it'll suck.
>>
>>8537276
I'm 22 and have never had a drink. From my perspective it does sound like you are trying to rationalize drinking. Now, I don't know much about you, so maybe you have the ability to drink in moderation, but I would recommend that considering your history of binge drinking that you just cut it out altogether. There is somewhat of a stigma surrounding abstinence from alcohol which I've dealt with, but you would at least have an excuse ("Sorry guys, not gonna have any, don't want to get carried away.") Of course people will try to pressure you into drinking, and that's where you need to tactically use your willpower. It's easy to not start drinking in a given night altogether than to have a set amount of drinks and stick to that plan.
>>
>>8537383
Trying not to. Think I still have at least a year to fix myself though. Thanks bro, hope you can get better too.
>>
>>8537387

I'm fighting the urge to get rude and just say that you lead your post with a disclaimer that you have no relevant experience whatsoever.
I'll bite my tongue a bit, not trying to be a dick.
Though I'm not afraid of the anti-sober stigma. Not even a little bit. And, as I said, I'm not ruling out abstinence entirely in the long run. It's just a little too soon. Who knows when that excuse will start looking unfashionable on me, though...
>>
>>8523035
Tell her you use alcohol as an anxiolytic and fear becoming addicted (It's rather common to start like that.) and would like her support to maintain sobriety when you're in her company.
She'll be OK if she's not stupid.

Eventually, do mindfulness meditation or see a doc about taking anxiolytics.
>>
Two weeks sober and I'm again getting to the point where I just feel like shit. Think I'll take a quick nap, go to the store to buy a case of the cheapest beer the moment I wake up and spend tomorrow drinking until I pass out.
>>
>>8537695

Nah, give it one more night and see how you feel the next day.
>>
i dont know where i am
thihnk im delierouios
>>
i need to get more booze
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.