[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I want to start cooking Korean food, where do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170129-120915.jpg (1MB, 1303x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-120915.jpg
1MB, 1303x1940px
Hey /ck/
I want to start cooking Korean food, where do you think I should start?
>>
>>8519847
mangchu
>>
>>8519847

The local dog shelter.
>>
>>8519847
http://www.maangchi.com, Asian market
>>
File: 1415901555034.jpg (55KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1415901555034.jpg
55KB, 720x960px
Do you want actual Korean food or "korean-style" food that is Americanized and easier for Western tastes?

I recommend the latter because Korean food is all about salty and spicyness. Foreigners wouldn't like it. Also, besides bulgogi and some meat dishes, Korean food is 95% vegetarian. I only eat meat about once a week and I'm not a vegan or anything like that; Korean food is just vegetables.
>>
>>8519847
Make some fuckin kimchi faggot
>>
>>8519895
>Korean food is just vegetables

No. They eat a lot of vegetables, but a lot of seafood, too. Beef of course, is a luxury item.

>foreigners don't like true korean food

Lol, emphatically false. Maybe for the average amerifat who's diet consists of bland garbage, HFCS and fastfood, yes. But not for others.
>>
File: 1481637843886.jpg (89KB, 675x565px) Image search: [Google]
1481637843886.jpg
89KB, 675x565px
>>8519962

In my experience foreigners from all corners of the world couldn't stand the extremely salty/spicy foods and they couldn't understand the concept of eating side dishes (banchan) with rice. They just complain that the side dishes are too spicy and salty without eating them with rice (that's the whole point).

Sorry for the condescending tone; I don't mean to be, but it's just the way things are.

Also, seafood depends on region. Seafood isn't as central to our cuisine as Japanese cuisine for example.
>>
File: 1481639714609.jpg (176KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1481639714609.jpg
176KB, 900x675px
>>8520001
>>8519962

Also, you don't have to be stubborn and force yourself to like "genuine" foreign foods. There is no shame in making them weaker to suit your own tastes. Just follow your taste, friend.

There were some foreign friends in college that really liked fermented/salty Korean food, but they are few and far between.

Usually I helped them tone down the salt/spice and they like the food more.
>>
Eat some cabbage with chili paste, shit it out, ferment it, congrats you're a Korean chef.
>>
>>8519847
Get a Korean girlfriend and eat her out.
>>
in korea
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.