[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a rather quick pulled pork recipe? All the ones I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Anyone have a rather quick pulled pork recipe?
All the ones I'm finding require a 24 hour brine and 13 hour cook.
>>
>>8519673

You should have done your homework and planned ahead. That's how you make pulled pork. If you don't have the time you need to make something else.
>>
>>8519673
This is a bone-in roast, so you can skip the brine. It will be juicy enough if you bake it.

But good pork is slow cooked for hours, so I don't know how to quicken it up in the oven unless you pressure cooked it, or covered it and high heat roasted it.

If you need pork today then don't buy a boston butt. But a whole loin with a good amount of fat cap still on it. Stud with garlic in little pockets. Rub all over with dry rub, or pour on some mojo. Cover in a roaster at 350F and it's not bad maybe an hour and a half, depending on your pounds. Slice thinly across the grain, add on the BBQ sauce (warm it up), and make some sandwiches. Cole slaw if desired.
>>
>>8519673
If you need quick and you have a whole shoulder, just change your plans and slice 1" steaks off of it and marinate in a soy sauce/lime juice/fish sauce/garlic/ginger/lemongrass/honey marinade for a couple hours and grill direct heat. Reservee some extra and baste as it's grilling. Don't fret if you're missing some of those ingredients. The only real requirements are soy sauce, garlic, ginger, citrus juice, and some kind of sugar.
>>
Pressure cooker
>>
It doesn't have to go that long. Skip the brine and it's doable in 8 hours or so.

Slacker move: cut it up and boil to cook faster, then fry it. It won't be as good but works for quick carnitas in a pinch.
>>
File: IMG_4574.png (949KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4574.png
949KB, 640x1136px
I make mine in a Dutch Oven, slow and low it takes about 4 hours total, the longer the better.
I use shoulder or round as it's cheap, bone in and rind on.
I make a homemade Barbecue sauce by simmering pic related ingredients together.
Heat up Dutch Oven on stove, sear both faces of meat, drown in sauce and bake for a few hours (<150 degrees C) until you can pull the bone clean. Remove the rind that hasn't broke down, stir with a wooden spoon, or shred with 2 forks.
Comes out great every time.
>>
>>8519673
get a bone-in shoulder
season it / use a rub
sear it on all sides
put in dutch oven
add mirepoix (dont chop it if you plan on removing it)
add a cup and a half of chicken stock
couple tbsp liquid smoke
cover and bake at 250 for 4 hours.
>>
>>8519673
>24 hour brine and 13 hour cook.
Any recipe that gives time instead of temp is pleb tier at best.

I'm from the carolina area, here's how we do it.

Dry Brine overnight or 4 hour minimum

Dry rub it and if dry spritz it a bit to get a little wet on the outside

Smoke at 225 till it hits about 155 degrees, you can mop it occasionally as this helps get that smoke on it, but don't do it too much or you won't get any bark at all. Wrap it in foil and place it back in the smoker

it's finished when the internal temp is 203, take out and let it rest in a cooler for an hour or two then pull it.
>>
>>8519718

Yup

Sixty minutes and then twenty minutes release
>>
>>8521645
>225
too hot

>wrap in foil
no

>mop it occasionally

no

>helps get that smoke on it

no it doesn't
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.