[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Good Eats episodes? I'm asking for a friend who just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0179.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0179.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Best Good Eats episodes? I'm asking for a friend who just tore-rented the lot.
>>
>>8515593
I'm actually watching S13 E8 Fermentation Nation right now!

My favorite episode from an entertainment standpoint was definitely Behind the Eats
>>
any episode that doesnt have the kid in it
>>
All of them Suck because Alton brown is a faggot

I dont understand how ameritrumps can like this guy
>>
>>8515593
Pretzel logic is good, stupid but informative.
Those soft pretzels hard as fuck to get right though.
>>
>>8515593
My favorite is the one where he makes baklava. Love the history and you can learn to make your own rose water
>>
>>8515593
Yummy pics, OP.
If he has all the Good Eats, might as well start with Ep1. He spent more time in the fun camera angles in the beginning of the series. It was more spontaneous and less formulaic. He was coming out of his Cable in a Classroom grants, and combining his film school talents and wacky teacher joy, with the new culinary school credentials (he only went to culinary school to make films about food). He was also less angsty and moody. He got grumpy and weird as the series went on. Season 2 is probably the height of his special guest regulars, from sciency Shirley Corrihor to nutritional anthropologists to "The Food Police" (who mocked low education public opinion shifts).

But, yea, if you really want to get into him, just start from the beginning. There aren't any stellar outstanding episodes, honestly, he was mostly consistent, but the educational aspect got more developed in first couple of years, so pick an interest and consider that you simply want to know more about that food subject, whether it be pickles, or the perfect fried chicken. Your personal taste. Watching Alton is entertainment more than it is top/best recipes. So, get entertained.
>>
>>8515593
All of them. Just start with the first one and wa la, you can roll your eyes at all of his corny jokes. It's fun
>>
>>8515616
I made that recipe when I lived in China to make pretzels and egg bagels. Was the first bagel/pretzel I had had in 8 months and it was good
>>
File: DSC_0180.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0180.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>8515631
Fyi, Tijuana foodtruck

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'll just keep working through them until the right recipe comes along.

I made a boxed cake mix a while back, I want Alton Brown to help me come to grips with cooking with basic foodstuffs, to make me a complete human.
>>
>>8515671
It's the correct recipe but the dough and the baking parts are hard as fuck to get down.
Not for beginners, he just makes it sound easy, reality is your first batch will be too chewy, overcooked or hard.
Lots of trouble to be expected even with a perfect replication of what he did, the flavor is perfect but the texture and hardness is going to fuck over any first timer. I always wanted to get revenge on the bastard for oversimplifying this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.