[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Visit mom for the holiday >Going to cook for the family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1422558070965.jpg (49KB, 548x450px) Image search: [Google]
1422558070965.jpg
49KB, 548x450px
>Visit mom for the holiday
>Going to cook for the family
>Open the cabinet for spices
>Nearly all of them expired 3 years ago
Know they don't really go bad but most of them seem to only be used once. Was debating of using them or just buying new spices for them that they will never use. Since I already have enough spices for me.

Any horror stories of trying to cook at someone else's place?
>>
File: tumblr_obrbae7aKl1s90yt2o8_540.png (185KB, 540x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obrbae7aKl1s90yt2o8_540.png
185KB, 540x409px
>be me
>roommates missed a couple trains throughout their lives
>[redacted descriptions] guy brews tea the way his gf/mistress tells him, they brew everything from black tea, green tea, cinnamon tea bag, hibiscus, white tea. In a metal tea pot..

Oh they warm it with water

but then they throw out the one minute brew.

I can understand it at time for some teas, but all the teas...

>being this triggered

Questions about why and what couldnt shake them about there possibley being more rational things. (especially since their cheap tea bag's additives and flavourings fall off into the minute tea)

Oh but
this is the
CHINESE WAY
WOWee such culture very china for them to throw out so much tea and then rebrerw it for 3 minutes remarking on the delicious subtle flavor..
Conclusion: Noting my personal limitations and how close I had come to unbecoming behaviour, I am pleased to say that I have let it go. When they remember, their minute tea goes into one of my receptacles and every now and then I enjoy a refreshing light infusion of their various walmart teas. A happy ending for everyone, do not cry for them.

but then they brew it for a minute
>>
>>8515514
In case this is unclear, they warm the pot, toss the water, then use fresh water to brew for a minute before disposing that and brewing 3 minutes more.

[ps- then I see him remembering tosip the cold tea hour later remarking on it's delicious flavor]
>>
File: mfw_desc-100079.gif (161KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_desc-100079.gif
161KB, 450x338px
>>8515520
>Took a train home tonight
>had nothing to do with food or cooking
>oh wait, I bought a soda to drink on the way
>>8515507
>started a thread with no subject
>just a rambling greentext
>be me
>I'm browsing /ck/
>about to go to bed
>post reply in thread that is shitty
>all /ck/ threads are shitty
>mfw
>>
File: 16092001.jpg (23KB, 470x495px)
16092001.jpg
23KB, 470x495px
>>8515530
Brewing tea isn't food or drink related? My friend, you are being foolish.
>>
>>8515530
Drinks go hand in hand with food. I could cook your ass right now, bitch, don't make me season you.
>>
>>8515507
my mom has exclusively 20 oz. plastic jugs of spices which she's had since i was a small child (20 plus years). she still uses them on the rare occasion she puts any seasoning in her food.
on a sort of related note, her prize enchiladas have cream of mushroom soup as the filling.
>>
>>8515507
dunno if this applies to you but my gandma buys spices from bulk store and puts them in old containers

i swear some are from the 50s

same grandma also uses exclusively one paring knife for every task
>>
>>8515514
H-how do I into tea, anon? I've been using water all my life....
>>
>at grandparents' house
>odd hankering for chocolate milk
>find a tub of Quik in the cabinet
>not Nesquik, but Quik
>a name that Nestle hasn't used since 1997
>open this tub that's nearly as old as I am
>chocolate coated cobwebs
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.