[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I only have $10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Ka1IErO.jpg (623KB, 1600x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Ka1IErO.jpg
623KB, 1600x1196px
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I only have $10 to last for the next few days and pretty much no food in the house. Any ideas on what I could make and buy that is not ramen?
>>
>>8513725

Rice, dry beans, frozen veg, eggs, oatmeal, possibly some meat if it is on sale. Try going to your local food bank.
>>
Sack of potatoes- 3 dollars
3 pounds of beans-3 dollars
Cheap thing of chicken breasts- about 3 dollars.

Substitute the chicken breasts with rice if meat isn't an option.

Also, hit up food banks and churches for whatever you can get.
>>
>>8513725
*unzips pants*
>>
Man, we really need a poorfag sticky
>>
>>8513786
It's about time we had a sticky. Every other board has a sticky so why not us?
>>
>>8513734

>chicken breast
>not chicken thighs

It's like you don't even know what being poor means
>>
I dont wanna start a new thread so Im just gonna use this one
Instant soup or frozen pizza? Im hungry but stores are closed atm
>>
Spam, ramen and (if you live near an asian grocery) seaweed flakes with sesame seeds in a shaker (usually labelled as rice spices). You'll feel like an upscale hipster eating out, the spam will last 4/5 bowls of noodles and all in all you're getting carbs/protein/fat. Not healthy, but it will keep you going.
>>
>>8513725

Lettuce, tomatoes, dressing... life off of salads, maybe a dozen eggs to make breakfasts with.
>>
Chicken thighs are 69 cents a pound, give or take. Get a family pack of 3 - 4 pounds for 4 dollars or less, 5 pounds of potatoes for another 2 dollars and spice it up with some onions and garlic, or peppers if you like. Buying individual onions/peppers will only add a few dollars onto the overall cost to keep it all in check.

So, you wind up with a ton of hearty and potentially very flavorful baked chicken. Might have to sacrifice some of the spices for olive oil if you're going to bake it and don't have any. If you find another 5 dollars or so pick up some hot sausages and toss that in with a chopped up green pepper. Easy 10 dollar meal that lasts quite a long time. That being said, you can probably get large packs of sausages and some rolls for cheap too, I know a package of 12 mild italian sausages at the shop near me is about 8 dollars, some rolls is 2. That's pushing it but you get the idea.

Or like that other anon said, eggs. Cheap, costs jack shit for a dozen. A million different ways to eat eggs. Eggs and potatoes are both cheap and go together nicely.
>>
>>8513808
Depends. Frozen pizzas can be pretty bad but soups are usually consistent in terms of quality.
>>
>>8513725
-theres a bag of frozen drumsticks for $5 4 ~13 drumsticks
-check meat if its on sale
-most vegs r cheap
-eggs are cheap
>>
I would buy beans, rice, onions and some beef.

I'd make that last 2 weeks, probably.
>>
File: 1479689276478.png (63KB, 719x684px) Image search: [Google]
1479689276478.png
63KB, 719x684px
Everyone suggesting rice should kill themselves immediately

OP is poor, not a dog
>>
>>8513808
>Instant soup or frozen pizza? Im hungry but stores are closed atm
If you already have them in your house, whatever you like, but if you're a poorfag like OP, then don't buy frozen pizza. Instant soup *might* be plausible, if you're looking at under $1.50 per 2000 calories. (A typical $0.20-$0.25 packet of ramen is around 400 calories).
>>
>>8513807
but dark meat is icky :c
>>
>>8513802
PLEASE
there are at least three separate threads like this per day
it's getting old
>>
>>8513725
Agree with many suggestions here. Potatoes can be mighty cheap. Root vegetables like carrots or onions that have a long shelf life tend to be cheaper per pound than quickly spoilable produce like tomatoes or avacados.

Cheapest per per pound option of lentils, split peas, or dry beans. (Lentils cook fastest, peas medium, beans slower).

Cheap ass rice (should be around $1/pound).

I wouldn't bother with meat unless it's under $1/pound of usable meat (not counting bones or other inedibles). Chicken thighs, or near-expiration-date or other sales are candidates.

Consider pasta or ramen if it's under $1/pound, if you have any spices, oil etc. you could add to make it more tolerable.

And finally, if the duration mandates serious survival mode, your best calorie-per-dollar option will probably be sugar (dissolve it in water to consume). Fats like vegetable oil can also be useful. $2 buys you a 4 pound bag of sugar at Walmart. Drinking sugar water with other meager meals will stretch your dollar. Sugar water's the same nutritional wasteland as regular soft drinks, sports drinks, and most fruit juices, but a whole lot cheaper.
>>
>>8513725

just check out all things dried. pasta, beans, rice, grains. eggs for the cheapest protein. bananas, green beans, lettuce, potatoes, carrots celery, onions... all pretty cheap and go a long way. as always, hit the markdown items.

If I were in this situation, I would buy eggs, oatmeal, bananas, milk, potatoes, pasta, onions, beans, rice and bread. I can find each of those things for under 1$ in my area.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.