[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very often while cooking in my oven I run into the problem where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Kitchen oven.jpg (287KB, 912x513px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen oven.jpg
287KB, 912x513px
Very often while cooking in my oven I run into the problem where an absolutely huge amount of water leaks out of the food and refuses to evaporate. Last week I wanted to have some cod fillets but after I took them out after the time specified in the recipe they were nearly submerged in water.

Am I doing something wrong here or is my oven broken?
>>
Use racks
>>
Your oven is supposed to come with a door on it.
>>
>>8513358
take the water out before
i use a straw
>>
>>8513358

Fucking hell op...
>>
What, are you cooking from frozen?
>>
>>8513476
No, it wasn't frozen.
>>
>>
>>8513358
This whole post is a mess, it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>8513476

It says so on the packet.
>>
>>8513358
fine i'll take the bait. did they come out at all hot or just... submerged in water
>>
>>8513376
I think this anon has a point.
>>
>>8513549
They were hot, they pretty much boiled in that water I think because the cod was edible (albeit kind of gross looking).
>>
>>8513579
get a god damn roasting pan you double nigger >>8513530
>>
>>8513358
Because you pay for meat by weight, companies now inject it with water and soy and salt and who the fuck knows before freezing it for sale. Half of what you buy is this added water.
>>
>>8513358
Are you my polish neighbour? Our kitchens are identical! A very good toast, my friend.
>>
>>8513617
>>8513576
>>8513376
this is a picture from google
>>
File: autt.jpg (284KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
autt.jpg
284KB, 900x1200px
>>8513530
this

also watch it closely
>>
There's this amazing invention that was thought of with the oven called oven mitts. Surprisingly when you use them, you can take your tray that is hot with your food on it, and get this shit, it's gonna blow your fucking mind; you can take the tray over the sink, and pour the water out! I know! I couldn't fucking believe it myself. Guess what you do after that. Give up? You put your tray BACK in the oven and it starts to bake! Holy fucking shit!!!!
>>
>>8513616
>50% water added

That's an exaggeration, but the truth of 10-20% is real. I even sent an email to one of the major pork producers (you know who it is) bitching about it because it was all I could find in Kroger or Walmart and it wouldn't work for curing. They sent back a smarmy marketing mail of "alternative facts" saying they did it to enhance the customer experience, for flavor and tenderness. Then, at the end they said go to one of the wholesale clubs if you insist on not having our specially blended solution in your meat.
>>
>>8513994

The ballpark franks that "plump when you cook them" was the funniest shit ever. They literally turned the fact that they were injecting their hot dogs with water into a marketing slogan and fatties somehow fell for it.
>>
>>8513616

This.

Buy better quality foods. Costs more but you save money in the long run by not producing waste-ready garbage. Your food shouldn't ever have so much extra water that you need a specially built roasting pan to keep it from drowning.

>>8514005

Companies are shameless
>>
>>8513856
Trying way too hard.
>>
File: 999999-0006310018394.jpg (39KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
999999-0006310018394.jpg
39KB, 460x345px
>>8514005
MUH JUICY JUMBOS
MUH JUICE
>>
>>8514081

I really like the size of these hotdogs and buy them every time I go to the grocery store. Sometimes I buy a pack of regular size too if I plan on eating them.
>>
>>8514131

>I buy a pack of regular size too if I plan on eating them
>if I plan on eating them

So what do you do with the large sized ones if they aren't for eating?
>>
>>8514137
kek
>>
>>8513643
>autt.jpg
Are you implying that people who do this are autistic? Because I do that and I'm not autistic.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.