[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is McDonald's trying to slowly rebrand itself as a coffee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: mc-coffee.jpg (19KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
mc-coffee.jpg
19KB, 200x300px
Is McDonald's trying to slowly rebrand itself as a coffee house? Is it Starbucks of the future. Will people in 2100 have forgotten that they mainly used to sell burgers and fries?
>>
>>8513291

>is it the Starbucks of the future?

if mcdonalds was trying to be like Starbucks, they wouldn't make their coffee taste so good.
>>
File: xJg76rJ[1].png (120KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
xJg76rJ[1].png
120KB, 500x281px
>mcdonald's
>2100
>>
>>8513296
lol came in to make what I was formulating to be something along the lines of this

McDonald's has good coffee and has for a long time - since before Starbucks was even a thing. They've just recently realized that customers are actually aware of this though.
>>
>>8513291
Taco Bell will be the only fast food left
>>
>>8513291

McDonald's is in the real estate business as much as it is in the food business. Look at the most prime real estate in NYC and see what's there: McD's.

They have the money to shift their focuses to and fro and not lose a bit of sleep over a couple of endeavors that may or may not succeed
>>
>>8513321
>implying they own that land
I'm sure they're writing checks to Trump
>>
>>8513321
What other companies do they own? I know there are a few.
>>
>>8513327

They provided a lot of capital for Chipotle when they were first getting started, for one.

They also own the bakeries that make their buns... it's friggin bonkers, senpai
>>
File: o-MCDONALDSCOFFEE-570.jpg (104KB, 570x388px) Image search: [Google]
o-MCDONALDSCOFFEE-570.jpg
104KB, 570x388px
They've been doing this for almost a decade. It cost billions to roll out McCafe to all stores.
>>
File: IMG_1676.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1676.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
I keep McCafe at my house. It's not cheap.
>>
>>8513414
Whole bean when
>>
This is an unpopular opinion, but since the switched to Newman's some years back, their coffee is very, very good. Far better than Starbucks or Dunkin's. Legitimately much better than it has any right to be
>>
>Will people in 2100 have forgotten that they mainly used to sell burgers and fries?

Well, you've already forgotten they used to be a slow-food family rib house with only a single burger on their menu
>>
>>8513417

They don't even offer whole bean? And people are calling it better than Starbucks?

Does nobody here even know how to brew coffee?
>>
>>8513440
It's fine. Still good coffee. Holds up to some of the whole bean I get.
>>
>>8513297
kek

https://youtu.be/xFiDoOgRTpk
>>
McDonalds is maybe the worst place to get coffee on Earth. It doesn't matter if the coffee itself is good, the people who work there have no idea what they are doing/don't care/aren't paid enough to make it the way you want. If you ask for it with no sugar, it has French Vanilla in it. If you ask for it black, it comes tan. If you want something that isn't a Mocha/Caramel Frappe/Latte you're fucked. I'm still not even sure if they have an espresso machine at all or if they just make cafe au laits all day.

Besides that, burgers and fries is probably the last thing you ever would want to eat with coffee, but you still gotta sit in line behind 10 cars who are all getting McFlurries and Chicken Nuggets.
>>
>>8514197
>Besides that, burgers and fries is probably the last thing you ever would want to eat with coffee

This is what makes no sense to me. None of their menu items at all complement coffee. Maybe a pie or something. But I wouldn't even eat the breakfast stuff with it.
>>
>>8514197
>can i have a medium coffee
>do you want cream or sugar
>no
>receive black coffee

>>8514208
they sell breakfast and all of their combos come with coffee by default instead of soda
>>
>>8514211
Yeah, I know their breakfast stuff comes with coffee. I just don't think it goes together.
>>
>>8514215
Isn't coffee paraded as a breakfast food?

I never understood why in n out sells coffee it doesn't go with anything either, they don't sell breakfast or sweets.
>>
>>8513296
Kek.

It's true though. If you just want a plain cup of coffee and not some expensive $6 meme drink McDonald's is by far the best readily available coffee. Better than any other chain, gas station, or Starbucks at least. Waffle House also offers a solid cup of joe. McDonald's is just so good and convenient though with the drive thru.
>>
>>8514222
That sounds even more awful. I just don't think their breakfast food goes well with coffee.
>>
>>8514233
You're coming off as some kind of defect.

Most people like coffee with breakfast, McDonald's sells breakfast, it comes with coffee by default. I don't see how the coffee doesn't go with the breakfast other than your unpopular opinion. Which is fine, if you don't like it you don't like it. But what point are you trying to make.
>>
>>8513440

nobody brews coffee better than the big chains, anon- it'a precisely controlled, infitedly repeatable sequence that makes every single cup taste exactly the same even when made by retards. Now, you may not like the results, for instance, Starbucks burns their beans and overextracts them into a sour, thin cup of liquid shit, and Dunkins uses a proper medium Arabica and extracts it properly but makes the brew too weak. That's because these companies know their custoemrs are going lard their coffees up with shit and the brew is specifically designed for that.

McDonalds coffee is basically just right. taken hot and black, it is not sour, thin, watery or warmedover for too long. it has a distinctive nose and a light sweetness followed by a strong bitter punch that mellows out on the palate very quickly and leaves behind a relatively inoffensive coffee mouth.

can you do better at home? hell yes. Is McDonald's coffee far and away a quality brew 99% of the time?

absolutely. It's the one reason I'll actively seek out a McDs if it's not 130AM and I'm going for a quick binge/purge sesh on the dollar menu
>>
>>8514222

Coffee is good with any meal or by itself anytime that isn't within 3 hours of when you plan to sleep.
>>
>>8514255
Most people drink hot milkshakes for breakfast so they can eat awful McD's breakfast with it.

Generally coffee should be paired with fruit, nuts, grains, cheese, chocolate and definitely not greasy chicken or sausage.
>>
>>8514255
I'm fine coming off as a defect. It just doesn't seem right to me. I agree with this guy: >>8514277. I can never stomach coffee with greasy McDonald's breakfast. At most, I can do a pastry.
>>
>>8514277
Who the fuck drinks hot milkshakes ever? Where are you from? Most people I know eat shit like fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, or granola for breakfast along with coffee. Most people don't eat bacon, eggs, and sausage everyday but it still goes with coffee. Maybe once a week I'll cook up a greasy breakfast plate or go to McDonald's for greasy breakfast and it certainly goes well with coffee.
>>
>>8514277

The iconic McDonald's breakfast item is the Egg McMuffin, which is entirely composed of fresh cooked, all natural ingredients and represents a perfectly healthy and delicious way to to start your day.

If you fall for the lardly jew and add cheese product and fake meats, that's your own problem
>>
>>8514264
>binge/purge sesh

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>8513291
>Is McDonald's trying to slowly rebrand itself as a burger franchise? Is it White Castle of the future. Will people in 2017 have forgotten that they mainly used to sell hot dogs from a roadside stand?
>>
>>8513296
Literally this hahaha
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.