[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So much of what goes into cooking is just common sense. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1251015671488.png (389KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1251015671488.png
389KB, 720x540px
So much of what goes into cooking is just common sense. I don't understand how people get away with claiming to be "bad cooks" or saying they never "learned how to cook"

You mean you can't take something out of an oven before it's burned? You can't taste something and figure out whether or not it needs more salt? You can't make sure something is finished cooking before you serve it?

None of that has anything to do with cooking skill and everything to do with simply not being retarded. I have no patience at all whatsoever for people who "can't cook"
>>
>>8513142
How about you just help them instead of being a retard too
>>
>>8513167
How the fuck do you help someone who can't wait for a pot of water to boil before adding pasta to it? Apart from just doing all their cooking for them.
>>
Before my father passed away last year, he always had this annual tradition of making quiche.

Now this particular thing was a phenomenon as he refused to cook any other time. When asked he would just reply that he burns shit and didn't have the patience to learn after working all day.

But every year on January 1st he'd put an apron on and without so much as even glancing at a cookbook, would start fluffing eggs, dicing ham, all the shit you'd normally do for a good quiche.

And it always came out baked to perfection. I mean it had everything you'd expect from a fucking 5-star chef to make for breakfast.
>Flakey golden crust
>Warm, melted cheese that was browned just enough to still have that unique toasted taste
>The quiche itself was light and fluffy with chunks of ham making it very filling despite only being enough for maybe 3 or 4 people

I never did find out if he really didn't know how to cook anything else or just always hid his powerlevel. My biggest regret was never getting the recipe.
>>
>>8513178

Literally nothing wrong with adding pasta to the pot before the water is boiling, dumbshit. It's "common sense".
>>
>>8513197
We do tend to deify the dead, but his quiche probably wasn't that good, so I understand. Praise Allah.
>>
>>8513197
Did he make the crust from scratch too?
Everything you're describing here is pretty fucking simple to achieve. Sounds like your old man knew how to make one thing and did a decent job of it. No need for all the heaping of false praise on a dead guy just because you think it makes you seem more interesting and whimsical.
>>
>>8513211
>Praise Allah

Why pigs of all animals? There's less delicious mammals they could have worshipped.
>>
>>8513210
enjoy your gummy noodles, bro
>>
>>8513218
Don't ask me... I've just taken to saying "praise allah" instead of the ordinary "god bless you" because both things are equally asinine.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.