[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know the legalities surrounding selling pre-packaged (by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Anyone know the legalities surrounding selling pre-packaged (by me) lunches on the street from a small cart in the morning as office workers are rushing into their buildings? This would be in a large US city, probably by the finance area. The lunches would just be like a protein, veg, and starch stuffed into one of those round 16oz food service containers, made that morning or the previous night and refrigerated
>>
File: an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg (36KB, 705x397px) Image search: [Google]
an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg
36KB, 705x397px
>>8506537
Sell them some Chip Butty
>>
Considering you'd be doing it in the city, I'm sure there are some permits required.
>>
>>8506537

You'll likely need a bunch of permits, and some kind of inspection of the quality of your food.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but this seems like a pretty bad idea. There's a ton of non-cold lunch options in these areas that are better for a lunch break.

You're basically expecting people to buy a lunch they could pack themselves that they then... microwave in their break room? Seems silly.
>>
>>8506537
>in a large US city
Codes vary by county. Contact your local Department of Health. You're probably going to need a commissary kitchen.
>>
File: 8796923297822.jpg (27KB, 380x445px) Image search: [Google]
8796923297822.jpg
27KB, 380x445px
>>8506572
not if he makes Chip ButtiesĀ®
>>
I just recently went through a business opening(coffee stand) in my city . You will need food grade equipment ( refrigerator ) Some way to power it ,a local business near you would have to allow you Im sure.
They are 100 percent going to ask you where your sandwiches are being made ...Which is your non resteraunt food grade residential kitchen

Bathrooms are going to be your problem , food trucks in my city need at least a porta potty or you can use another business if they agree . It does not matter if you are not allowing customer bathrooms , your employees including you need a place to wash their hands legally/ food safety.
>>
>>8506604
a cooler with dry ice wouldn't suffice? also the idea is to just go out for the morning rush, maybe 2-3 hours 7am-10am, bathroom wouldn't be necessary. I can rent time at a co-working kitchen if necessary
>>
You can't. Thats the short of of it. Permits are limited. If you don't have one you are not likely to ever get one.
The flip side is show up anyway with 10 large guys or good looking women and the cops may; just may mind you let you scalp some bucks if you are polite do a super a+ job.
Finds and jail time if the cops choose to follow the book.
>>
>>8506628
you can do this legit with paperwork and shit or you can go ultra light, ultra mobile. none of that safety or sanitation shit to weigh you down. just you, a couple filthy rags, and a cooking station bolted onto a wooden trailer
>>
>>8506537

No one would buy your shit food and you would get fined up the ass within your first week. There is a reason why there aren't a ton of poorfags like you doing this on every street corner.
>>
>>8506604
You can wash your hands in a portapotty?
>>
File: 1482513816235.jpg (26KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
1482513816235.jpg
26KB, 452x452px
All those fucking permits and health checkups... True capitalism is dead.

If you sell something and get someone sick, nobody will want to buy your shit anymore. Isn't that enough? Why would you have to have permit to make a meal and sell it ?!(considering you're planning on a mobile cart, nothing permanent)

The entrepreneur, the independent, the innovative man... He's suffocating.
>>
>>8506537
There are definitely permits required and health codes you would need to follow, but I don't think anyone actually cares.
t. I live in Los Angeles
>>
>>8507915
>but I don't think anyone actually cares.
Any and all nearby competition care. Both other mobile food vendors, and brick-and-mortars who loathe mobile food vendors. They will snitch on you day one.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.