[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get down to the bottom of this. Sucralos..... is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Sucralose.jpg (24KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sucralose.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
Let's get down to the bottom of this. Sucralos..... is it bad? Is it good? This shit is in everything now. I guess companies have decided to replace high fructose corn syrup with sucralos. The sweetness tastes very..... 'off'. I can't stand it, but I tolerate it sometimes when there are limited options for other drinks/food items. What does /ck/ think about this stuff? I would rather companies use honey as a sweetener rather than sucralos.
>>
It's WAY cheaper than fucking honey. I wouldn't expect companies to use honey anytime soon, especially since sucralose is noncaloric. If you want honey as a sweetener in your food that badly, just make your own foods with honey in them
>>
I have a big canister full of of Splenda in my pantry next to my canister of regular sugar. I think it's great. I use it in damn near everything because you can use half the amount that you would usually use of sugar, with less calories. Maybe it tastes "off", compared to regular sugar, but I've never really liked the taste of regular sugar. Sucralos tastes "cleaner" to me somehow. When I add it to stuff it just makes them taste sweet without anything extra so the other flavors come out better.

I havn't tried many other sweeteners, but it's waaaay the fuck better than fucking Stevia.. now that shit taste fucking "off". Its sickeningly sweet and with an aftertaste of twigs and leaves.

And honey is great, but it's just not something I want to use in most things because I don't want that added honey flavor.
>>
Fun fact: that shit passes right through your body and your water treatment facilities.

Look for it in an ocean near you.
>>
I have a feeling its a bad idea to trick your body into thinking it's consuming sweet things
>>
I don't trust artificial additives in my food. I think in 25 years it will be demonized the same way margarine (trans fats) are now.

A good general rule - If you can't make it without a laboratory - don't eat it. I'm not using my one shot on this earth to be a guinea pig.
>>
>>8502180
This. Your insulin spikes and then when your body realizes there is no sugar being digested you get even hungrier because you haven't actually provided any fuel. Also apparently artificial sweeteners fuck with your gut bacteria. I would believe it based on the haribo gummy bears copypasta alone.
>>
>>8501586
>but I've never really liked the taste of regular sugar. Sucralos tastes "cleaner" to me somehow.

jeses christ
>>
http://streaming.howstuffworks.com/sysk/2017-01-17-sysk-artificial-sweeteners.mp3
>>
>>8502227
liquid sucralose doesn't cause an insulin response
>>
>>8502253
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4661066/

It's only been tested on human intestinal cells (see 2.3), but it seems there is an incretin response. Regardless, sucralose is associated with diabetes and obesity, and before more research is done (if ever) I would play it safe and avoid them.
>>
>>8502306
Big stupid fat people shoving their bit stupid fat faces full of more fucking fat and then sitting on their stupid fat asses all day is the only real true legitimate cause of diabetes and obesity.

>sucralose is associated with diabetes and obesity
Yeah sure, of course it is. So are fucking mini scooters and sweat-pants.

How about you stop blaming the "low-calorie" sweetener when you lick the icing off a dozen cupcakes, and just have a little more self-respect?
>>
>>8502471
Looks like you didn't even look at the link I posted.
>Taken as a whole, data support the notion that NNS have metabolic effects. More research is needed to elucidate the mechanisms by which NNS may drive metabolic dysregulation and better understand potential effects of these commonly used food additives.
>>
>>8502476
>IM FAT AND ITS NOT MY FAULT SEE LOOK SCIENCE SAYS SO!!!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.