[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pizza isn't pizza without the grated cheese, crushed red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Pizza isn't pizza without the grated cheese, crushed red pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder.
>>
>>8489858
Sure it is. But I still expect those things to be available at a slice joint.
>>
Cheese goes on the pizza before the topping, oregano goes on top of the pizza before it is baked and minced garlic goes into the sauce.

The red pepper is a welcome addition.
>>
Looks like highschool lunch pizza.
If you didn't steal that I pity you.
>>
>>8489858
why do americans feel the need to sprinkle the remnants of their seat cushions on food?
>>
>>8489885

You must have some very tasty seat cushions.
>>
>>8489885
>sprinkle the remnants of their seat cushions on food

I didn't realize seat cushions were made from sawdust.
>>
>>8489858
ok
>>
>>8489885
lmAOOOO xDDDD LE O B S E S S E D ebin :^^^^^))))))))))))
>>
>>8489858
>dried oregano
why don't you just grate some flakes of notebook paper on your pizza while you're at it
>>
>>8489858

>garlic powder

You fucked up pleb
>>
>>8489864
>Sure it is. But I still expect those things to be available at a slice joint.
This.

Those things are fun...a little layer of intense flavor....but I think it's not required for all pieces of course.
>>
>>8489858
>garlic powder

Pizzerias have this? I've never seen it.
>>
>>8490136
>Those things are fun
Especially at some neighborhood slice joint where you're just grabbing a bite on the run and the pizza is good but nothing noteworthy. Having the option of tailoring it to your mood when it arrives on the paper plate is sometimes fun. But I don't expect to see this shit in a place where you're having wine while waiting for individual size pizzas and the guy standing in front of the wood fired oven has a Neapolitan accent.
>>
>>8489858
pretty good taste, but the application needs work. looks like you dropped it on a beach
>>
>>8490203

It's not as ubiquitous as the cheese or pepper but it's own there. And isn't it garlic salt, not garlic powder?
>>
>>8491282
yes, probably
>>
>>8489858
Wh-where can I get pizza that big?
>>
>>8489858
Maybe for Americommies.
>>
Eh. Cheese and oregano is fair game. But to me, crushed red pepper is what you put on shitty pizza to salvage it. An attempt to mask the flavor rather than alter/enhance it.
>>
>>8491522
Oregano has more flavor than pepper.
>>
>>8491525
But it also, in my totally unqualified opinion, complements the taste of the pizza. Crushed red pepper doesn't. It just adds an alien spiciness that dulls the flavor of everything around it.
>>
File: 7.jpg (114KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
114KB, 1000x750px
>>8489858

Agreed OP but maybe not for the same reason.

I always have an urge to put every single one of these on my pizza when I see them. If I leave out even one, I feel like I'm cheating myself.
>>
>>8489858
Is that shrimp on the other pizza?
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>8491926
looks more like thin-sliced sausage
>>
>>8491530
If the sauce is a little on the sweet side the crushed red pepper gives a spicy counterpoint to it.
>>
>>8489858
You call that pizza? That doesn't look like '' to me.
>>
>>8489858

Do you want some pizza with your spices?
>>
>>8491926

If you can't tell the difference between shrimp and pork sausage, seek help.
>>
i don't put any of that shit on my pizza. i just make sure my pizza tastes good to begin with. ie not ordering a shitty pizza

all that dried shit on top of pizza is gross
>>
I like anchovies
>>
>oregano
>not basil
>>
>>8492510

I've never seen a pizzeria that offered dried basil.
>>
>>8492510
>dried oregano or basil

into the trash it goes
>>
File: anchovy.jpg (92KB, 817x884px) Image search: [Google]
anchovy.jpg
92KB, 817x884px
>>8489858
It probably tastes better than pizza from a franchise chain but it doesn't look too appetizing. We need sexy images of pizza in this thread. (pic related)
>>
>>8491530
>>8491522
Crushed red pepper is good of there is a subtly sweet topping like sausage, roasted pepper, even certain onions. It is absolutely required on pineapple pizza.
>>
>>8489858
I disagree, but that does look good doe
>>
File: ''.jpg (657KB, 1900x1425px) Image search: [Google]
''.jpg
657KB, 1900x1425px
>>8492535
>>
>>8492526

You get fresh basil on margherita pizzas. But yeah I've never heard of dried being available
>>
>>8491282
>>8491283
No it's garlic powder
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.