[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lesson learned when I poisoned the entire family with post Thanksgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: retarded.jpg (178KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
178KB, 750x1000px
Lesson learned when I poisoned the entire family with post Thanksgiving turkey soup.

I placed a still simmering 8 qt stockpot into the refrigerator to cool after removing the turkey carcass and found it still luke warm the following morning along with warm orange juice, milk, pickles, you get the picture. Small house one bathroom was 48 hours of pure hell.

So now I take zero chances. Zero

Soups, sauces, stocks, etc come off the stove and immediately are transferred into a chilled stock pot. That pot is immersed into a large sink already filled with cold water and at least 7 to 10 lbs of ice cubes. The ice bath is stirred while the hot liquid is constantly stirred to maximize the heat transfer. Goal is to get the liquid down to 50 degrees as quickly as possible (10 minutes). I use an instant read thermometer to verify (remember zero chances)!
>>
>>8488222
>Thanksgiving turkey soup
There's the mistake.
>>
>>8488222
>being retarded

Well there's your problem
>>
>>8488222
Never, ever, had this problem.

Thankfully myself nor my kin have bitch guts. Maybe if I worked in an assisted living center...
>>
'Superfood'...yeah, fuck you all
>>
>Let me just place several gallons of 300 degree liquid directly in the fridge
You're lucky you didn't destroy the fridge too.
>>
>>8488256
>300 degree liquid
You should go back to school.
>>
jack, is that you?
>>
>put something hot into enclosed space
>enclosed space heats up

Woooooow
>>
>>8488222
How about you let the soup cool down to room temperature before transferring it into your fridge? You've just swung from one retarded extreme (simmering hot soup in fridge) to the other.
>>
>>8488782
this.
i make turkey bone gumbo every year after the holidays.
just pour the sifted stock out of the hot pot into some tupperware or something and leave it on the counter to cool. it won't take but a few hours.
then put it in the fridge overnight.
you don't have to do all this ice bath nonsense.
>>
>>8488873
>>8488782
This anon. Thats all you need to do. This also applies to anything you plan on refrigerating. I make chicken or pork the morning on work, and just give myself an extra 15 minutes to let the food sit in the tupperware before i seal it up and throw it in my lunch bag. By the time it hits the fridge at work it's been at room temp a while
>>
>>8488222
It's winter. Just put the pot outside with a lid on.
>>
>>8488222
>tfw run out of holy basil and blue majick to make mana potions with
>>
You just didn't re-heat properly. If you had got it hot enough for long enough the bacteria would have of died.

I chill stocks, soups etc.. in a sink similar to you, don't bother with the ice though.
>>
File: 1477120109273m.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px)
1477120109273m.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>8488921
>would have of
>>
>>8488882
this... momentary we have -7°c here colder then any fridge

remember me when I made icecream in alaska in winter ...
>>
>>8488782
>You've just swung from one retarded extreme (simmering hot soup in fridge) to the other
kek OP is a lost cause, just let him die of food poisoning and the world will be a better place
>>
>>8488222
>Mylk
>>
>>8488921
You're wrong. At that point it doesn't matter if you kill the bacteria, what you're worried about is the toxins they've already produced and which will NOT denature or disappear when heated.

For example, the emetic toxin produced by the bacteria that contaminates cooked rice will survive temps of 121 degrees centigrade for 90 minutes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.