[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As part of my New Year's resolution and a transgression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tn_mcdonalds (8).jpg (17KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
tn_mcdonalds (8).jpg
17KB, 300x271px
As part of my New Year's resolution and a transgression with a nearby McDonald's I have been trying to eat less fast food. Unfortunately, it has been a busy couple months so I have not been making food at home as planned. Instead, I have been eating at a diner close to my place of work 3-4 times a week.

I was pretty anxious the first 5-6 times I visited and ordered the food to go and ate in my vehicle. Just waiting for my food was difficult and I felt awkward and unsure of what to do with my hands just standing there, so I started eating in a booth. It was a big step for me and I was eating less out of fear of being seen in public eating large quantities of food.

I really started to feel comfortable until today, when I came in and the waitress asked me if I wanted, "my usual". I froze and felt my cheeks burning and asked what she meant and she repeated what I had often ordered (a bacon cheeseburger platter with pickles on the side and a can of Diet Coke with a straw). I said yes please and had problems finishing my meal.

If someone says "your usual", are they implying that you eat at their establishment too much for their comfort or that your eating habits are predictable and boring? She seemed pleasant enough, but I thought it was a bit of an odd thing to say. I've heard it in movies, but to have it done to me was not a comforting experience (the opposite in fact).

How should I respond in the future (e.g.: a joke of some sort)? I do not want to go to the closest McDonald's because of an incident in December and the one that is the second closest has no drive-through. To be honest, I am enjoying the healthier eating and forcing myself into social situations, but it has been hard and today just felt like one of those days.

Have you had awkward diner experiences or are you a regular at a local non-franchise restaurant?
>>
>>8487411

>how should I respond in the future

If you want your usual, say "yes please." Fucking hell, maybe you should just order delivery. You aren't fit for public interaction...
>>
File: McD-McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McD-McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
>>8487411
tl;dr
Just go to good ol Mickey Dee's and get a big bag of for me's.
That way you can sit in your car listening to audiobooks in peace.
>>
>>8487411
Greentext the transgression at McDonald's
>>
>>8487411
This was painful to read and I don't understand how you have this much social anxiety out of waiter remembering your order? My friends work and starbucks an memorize my order all the time an I don't consider it a personal afront.
>>
You may be calorie deficit, you should get the double bacon cheeseburger platter to eat healthier.
>>
OP, I've been on a diet for 2 years now trying to lose my massive amount of fat with some success but to keep my sanity I eat some take every friday when I get home from work at a chicken place across the street from me. I get a poutine and a chicken burger. I've done it every Friday for 2 years. When I walk in the the cashier smiles and says hi. Doesn't take my order and I pay, cuz it's always the same thing. Then She gives me my food and I leave. It's fine.
>>
Is this some bait? It must be right?

How the fuck is ordering a cheeseburger from a different establishment any healthier then going to McDonalds?
>>
How can so many people not recognise this is the follow up to the bad spergy pasta?
>>
You know that fantasy where you take Daddy's gun with you and wait for someone to say just the wrong thing to you, then they'll be sorry? That's how you respond
>>
>>8487533
Which one?
>>
>>8487411
>As part of my New Year's resolution and a transgression with a nearby McDonald's
I wish you luck with your gender transitioning, miss.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.