[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade salsa is a meme. There is NO WAY you can make it cheaper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 073 - aQ60lW4.png (181KB, 490x640px) Image search: [Google]
073 - aQ60lW4.png
181KB, 490x640px
Homemade salsa is a meme. There is NO WAY you can make it cheaper than just buying a bottle. And the difference between homemade and a good bottle of salsa is minor. Prove me wrong. Salsa is one of the few things you're better off not making yourself.
>>
>>8486957
There's a taqueria outside my workplace that gives you free house tortilla chips and red salsa. The salsa is amazing and easily beats anything Tostitos sells in a jar.

I'm going to drum up the courage to ask management if it's scratch or if they get it from a distributor, but I doubt it since it tastes like it has lime in it and no distributor is gonna add lime to a mass produced salsa.
>>
>>8486982
they probably make it

places that give tortilla chips are usually legit

surprised to hear they dont have other salsa too
>>
>>8486982
Maybe they add lime to store bought salsa
In any case just ask
>>
File: banquetvealparmagiandinner.jpg (161KB, 527x414px) Image search: [Google]
banquetvealparmagiandinner.jpg
161KB, 527x414px
>>8486957
>Homemade salsa is a meme.

Is this another "lid fell off" thread? Is this humorous? Or just annoying?

Pic related
>>
>>8486995
They have salsa verde and the red tomato salsa. It's so smooth and they make such large batches (I see them use white fridge buckets) it really does make me wonder...

>>8487002
Never thought of that. I've eaten there for a while and they started doing it recently, so it's a possibility.
>>
>>8486957
Who cares if it is not cheaper. It's still cheap to make. Beats fucking pleb tier jar slop you animal
>>
I make garlic salsa every now and then. I think it's cheaper than premade, but I'm not sure. What I am sure about, though, is that I like it better cuz it's not as watery as storebought. If I strain premade through a sieve, I like it about as much, though I'm throwing away a lot of the liquid that adds weight to it, so it's like paying for something I'm not gonna use, which is why I think it's probably cheaper. Anyway, about the cost, lemme see...

Tomatoes: 50¢/lb
Garlic, 25¢ for a head but I need only 4 cloves
Chiles, 89¢ for a baggy of about 15 or so. I use 1½ cuz I like it a bit hot
Cilantro, $1 for a bunch (I only use half)
Lime, $1 for 10, but I need only one

So, if I buy 10lbs of tomato, two heads of garlic, one baggy of chiles, five bunches of cilantro and ten limes, the total cost is $12.39 and makes about 11lbs of salsa.

By contrast, the local supermarket has one brand of jarred salsa in particular at $5.49 for a 3lb tub. That's $20.13.
Homemade is cheaper.

>inb4 "hurr durr no garlic in salsa!"
Mexico is not the only place in the world that eats lime-dressed tomato dip with chiles and cilantro.
>>
>>8486957
In the first place, a good salsa should use fresh ingredients. Some charring or smoking adds to the flavor but cannot be considered "cooking." A store bought sauce has been cooked and then canned at high temperatures ensuring a deterioration in the most critical element of freshness. That's it, not even taking into consideration the addition of preservatives and the overuse of sodium. You also choose your own ingredients based on the quality of the produce, not the unmarketable stuff thrown into the corporate vats.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.