[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al/ck/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 17

File: alcoholicman.jpg (18KB, 325x267px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholicman.jpg
18KB, 325x267px
Last one is done.

How you boyos doing today?
>>
I've cut my intake in half for the last couple weeks. Taking Sunday off drinking. I look a little less bloated already, but I'm way more tired despite sleeping more. I want off this ride.
>>
I've reduced my intake from approximately 14-16 servings of alcohol per week to approximately 7 so I am pretty happy about that since it comes out to about a beer per evening (or 1 shot rather)
>>
>>8486893

Went to the market and bought four bottles of wine. That ought to get me through this evening's festivities. See what happens tomorrow. Sleep schedule is way off.

Waiting on delivery of a small cask of kalamata olives... want to put a pasta sauce together...
>>
I was doing good, until yesterday when I was on /v/ and the fucking nostalgia thread hit me way too hard for some reason. I don't know if that was the actual reason but it was definitely a catalyst. Got piss drunk and played old games all night, and had a fucking blast. Probably going to do it again tonight.

At this rate I'm never going to get my master's degree.
>>
I worked pretty hard, physically, and my evening cravings are nowhere what they are on your average day.

Normally by now I'd be on my 6th but I am just staring my second
>>
>>8486994
>14-16 servings of alcohol per week
gtfo
>>
>>8487124
Listen buddy, we are all in this struggle together. Whether it's one beer a day or 30, addiction is defined by the addict, not by someone else.
>>
sipping on some berry-wine that i made and just cleared up, only 3 weeks old and it tastes alright
>>
I feel good enough to not need a drink, but the craving is gonna get me.
>>
>>8486994
That's cool dude, I've reduced my daily alcohol intake from 18 beers to a mere 16 beers a day
>>
File: laugh-meme-face-702217446.jpg (101KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-meme-face-702217446.jpg
101KB, 991x902px
>>8487225
>>
>>8486893
Got really drunk last night and almost kind of had a black pill moment. Snapped out of it today though.
>>
>>8486893
not great, trying to force down enough milwaukee's best ice to make it till i fall asleep.
i never believed it was a disease, thought it was memes
it's true though
how can i keep doing this to myself when i know what will happen
>>
>>8487344
What's your regular intake? Day to day? And for how long?
I'll be able to tell you definitively if you can stop more easily.
>>
File: tumblr_n0hphjQZIk1rcoly3o1_400.gif (2MB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0hphjQZIk1rcoly3o1_400.gif
2MB, 400x294px
>>8486948
Just coming off a 2 day binge, finished my whiskey this morning. Didnt drink for about 4 days and i noticed the bloating going away and ive been hitting the gym hard so its helping. But hard to not want to drink.
>>
Weekend here and debating on what to grab drinking this weekend, Rum or vodka.

Not sure if I qualify as an al/ck/ since I really only drink friday/saturday work and workout the rest of the week. Only time I drink more than 2 days a week is if my coworkers pester me about grabbing a round after work
>>
>>8487381
i've stopped before, it just takes about three days of me lying on my recliner and feeling like shit
usually about ten 5.9's a day, thirty a day at my worstest
for ten years
>>
>>8487423
I was hoping you wouldn't be so much like me. I've been drinking heavily for 9 years and went to detox for liquor last year. Did AA multiple times a week for six weeks but I stopped and drink about a bottle of wine a day if it's not the equivalent of beer. I've never been sober for more than a month straight in 9 years though. You have my best wishes.
>>
>>8487448
yeah i've been to rehab and tons of aa. they don't help, you have to want to quit for yourself
>>
>>8487484
I agree. It made me realize that I'm really the only one who can make any difference.
>>
>>8487344
I'd bet anything you have addiction running in your family like I do. It's genetic to a certain extent and once you get hooked it's game over. Just be glad it's just alcohol and not something more serious, I lost a cousin to opiates a few years ago. He had been homeless for half a decade panhandling. and doing heroin
>>
Who weekend binger here?

>get handle on friday
>drink till sunday
>>
My New Year's resolution was to quit drinking and I've been able to resist so far.

New Year's 2012
>>
I'm not an alcoholic but I had to go to a shrink for alcoholism because I crashed my car driving drunk and assaulted a police officer.
>>
>>8487578
>assaulted a police officer

You probably have some kind of personality or behavioral disorder. Not even in my most fucked up state of mind would I consider assaulting a cop
>>
>>8487584
I didn't actually assault a cop. I assaulted a random person trying to help me after I crashed. At first they were going to charge me with assaulting a police officer but they dropped it to simple assault.
>>
File: 1482398273249.jpg (24KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1482398273249.jpg
24KB, 433x380px
>>8487591
>assault random person
>they want to charge you with assulting a cop

uhhhhhh
>>
>>8487507
Heroin is far less damaging to the body than alcohol. As long as you don't overdose.
>>
>>8486893
Not counting the small glass of champagne I had with my family on New Years, I havn't had a drink, or even a real urge to drink, since the first week of November.

I came down with a bad cold that week, and made a point to spend every waking moment perfectly medicated with robitussin. Then when I felt better enough to stop.. it was like magic, I just didn't want to drink at all, I actually forgot all about it for over a week before I even noticed.

And now, every time I even think about drinking (and after I went to bed on New Years), I end up having some horrible dream about getting wasted and blacking out, crashing my car, getting arrested, embarrassing myself.. and then I wake up feeling so fucking happy that It was just a dream, and that feeling lasts me for a week or more. Plus I've lost a ton of weight.

I hope this lasts forever.
>>
>>8487613
Physically maybe, but socially and mentally? I'm not so sure. Heroin withdrawals seem a lot more unpleasant than any alcohol withdrawals I've ever experienced, save for the immediate danger.
>>
Please someone convince me not to go buy booze. I only have to last like an hour and a half before I'm not able to go get any for the rest of the night and I'll be fine.
>>
anyone else trying to cut back but not quit? monday i had half a liter of gin and 4 pints of 9% DIPA, tuesday I had 4 beers becuase i finally got tired of waking up every day drunk from the night before, yesterday i had two pints and one 12 oz beer, today im going to keep it down to two pints of DIPA, tomorrow i might try just one pint. really I just want to stop drinking every day and keep it to the weekends, Ive been drinking until im blackout literally every day and it just started to effect my personal life too much.
>>
>>8487634
im in the exact same boat lol. im seriously about to crack and drive over fuuuck
>>
>>8487634
Looks like times a' wasting then, faggot. Better get to it.
>>
>>8487646
Fuck man, I feel you. It's so goddamn hard to resist, I fucking hate it.
>>
It's my birthday today. I'm 27. Drinking a 12 pack tonight. Alone.
>>
>>8487653
hey, you dont have to get drunk man, and if youre lonely Ill talk to you.
>>
>>8487650
>>8487646

do it. imagine the rush from those first few sips. pure oblivion.
>>
>>8487677
just put my shoes on thanks man!!
>>
>>8487677
Man, but I'm moving soon and I don't have a job right now. I need to be saving money.

Just fuck my ass.
>>
>>8486893
night 3 with no booze. i really want a drink right now.
>>
>>8487720
I keep telling myself "just a half pint. Its still progress".
>>
Alcoholism is a meme
>>
>>8487731
I wish it was just a meme. I want off this ride.
>>
>>8487591
Someone had a good lawyer or overwhelmed court system. Either that or the arresting officer took pity on you.

How the fuck did you plea that down?
>>
>>8487622
I hope it lasts forever for you too dude.
>>
>>8487752
Just lucky I guess.
>>
>>8487634
>>8487646
>>8487649
In these situations, you're pretty much guaranteed to drive out and buy it. Sorry guys, it's just true.
>>
>>8487584
literally the worst type of person
fuck anyone who would hit or even push another person
>>
>>8487692
>just fuck my ass
What the fuck dude are you gay?
>>
>>8487731
I can guarantee you your whole life is a meme and you aren't even a person.
>>
>>8487799
I'm really sorry man. I learned my lesson. This is probably going to ruin my life.
>>
>>8487799
Do the words blackout drunk mean anything in your vocabulary? It's like the train keeps driving but there's no conductor.

I passed out in my brother's truck after a gig, no intention on ever driving drunk, but he turned it on to heat it up in the winter, and knocked on the window to see if I was alright. In my inebriated state, and having drove that truck tons before, I must've thought, "Hey, they want me to move the truck." A totaled truck and two lamp posts later, I got a nice DUI. Fell asleep after leaving the bar in the passenger seat, woke up handcuffed to a bench.

Thank God I didn't hurt anyone.
>>
>>8487799
He's an idiot but you're a pussy, and being a pussy is only slightly less worse. Fuckin baby dude.
>>
>>8487809
S-shutup
>>
>>8487805
No but I gave in and bought booze.

Goddamnit. RIP wallet.
>>
>>8486994
This thread isn't for you
>>
>>8487149
You sound like an aa faggot
>>
>>8487752

I was charged with felony b&e and larceny, got b&e dropped and larceny dropped to misdemeanor trespassing. (I was caught on camera)

No lawyer because I'm not a fucking mongoloid. The system is easy to beat if you have a brain and your skin is white.
>>
>>8487922
>>8487935
Addiction is defined as the moment a dependency begins to have a negative impact on your life. Just because I'm addicted to one beer a day doesn't reduce the legitimacy of my addiction or the pain I endure on an almost daily basis. Show some respect, faggot
>>
>>8487988
if a beer a day causes you pain it greatly reduces the legitimacy of you as a person.
>>
>>8487991
Drink yourself to death, please.
>>
>>8488164
lmao
>>
>>8487991
>>8488164

Ok, you retards, just started on my second bottle of bourbon, but that is fine, because I have fucking friday off. Have fun shoving Dildos up your asses and playing pokemon, :)
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 625x626px
>>8487988
There are better boards for your tactics, guy
>>
>>8488176
Drink yourself to death, please.
>>
Went yesterday and today sober until I snapped and bought more everclear. Sucks too, sin this morning when I woke up was the best I felt in weeks. I did wake up in the middle of night for 20 minutes however and had a weird as fuck dream about mass riots in the city I just visited.. Almost nightmare.
>>
File: tmp_1598-images766034854.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1598-images766034854.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>8487643
Currently trying to limit myself to a fifth per week. Everything I see, read, hear, and do is completely uninteresting to me. The thought of going completely dry is unimaginable.
>>
>>8488181

Edgelord, did your mom fuck your gym teacher on a dare for a bottle of 3,99 Rosé or something ? Crawl back back into her womb, you fucking dissapointing mess.
>>
>>8488193
>Currently trying to limit myself to a fifth per week.
you sound like me when i was drinking a 5th per week
>>
>>8487822

fuck man, I can relate with black out drunk, luckily haven't totalled one yet. And no shit, I don't drive drunk, I rather walk two km (whatever that is in miles) to the nearest booze store and contemplate my life whilst doing so, but I can relate to your situation..Not fun, not good, mostly.
>>
>>8488204
So you're not american AND you're underage. Good luck.
>>
I don't drink to oblivion anymore, and I also don't drink alone. But I drink a lot, and often.
I'm 6'0", 185-190lbs, and I used to drink alone, and I used to drink until I was absolutely demolished beyond repair.
I've started going out on most nights, fully replacing the drinking alone. Somewhere around 5-10 drinks a night, not every night but probably 3-4 nights a week.
Every night I go out, I come home somewhere between tipsy and solidly-drunk, never wasted, never hammered. And while I'll sometimes eat a lot of shitty late-night food (snacks at home, or taco bell because it's cheap) I never drink any more once I get back, and I'm almost never noticeably drunk by the time I get to sleep.
All this looks on paper like I'm not too bad, but I do feel a little weird about how much I drink and how badly I look for any excuse to go out and do so. I'm 22, I've had darker days with alcohol than this, but knowing that life is long, alcohol is addictive, and so many horror-stories have first acts that sound just like mine is worrying.

I'm trying. Sorry for the blog post. I just needed it out, somewhere.
>>
>>8486893
>past 2 days consume kratom in order to not drink
>end up drinking anyways

I'm drinking much less at least, had half a fifth of vodka and a 375ml bottle of soju so far out of yesterday and today.

Sleep schedule is fucked right now and I'm going to just take some klonopin sometime this weekend to fix it. Classes start Monday and I'm the sole TA for an upper level research class.
>>
>>8488617
both "3-4 nights a week" and "5-10 drinks a night" are understatements for the sake of my shame, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>8488617
Well what's the rest of your life like?
Social life? Career? School? Exercise? Hobbies? Your drinking habits are not uncommon for men of your age, but social isolation, dead-end prospects etc... would likely lead to problems later on.
>>
>>8488617
what are your priorities
>>
>>8488630
I am pretty socially-isolated. I have friends but they're all in different places.
My main socialization comes from tinder and, interestingly, stand-up-comedy open mics. Which sounds fun, but they're mostly bleak affairs, they're my excuse to go out and drink (between "it's around people, I'm not drinking alone!" and the social anxiety of it all) but I rarely if ever interact with people outside of my time onstage, even when properly liquored up.
And I have a decently-paying-but-dead-end-job. With no concrete plans for the future to speak of.

I guess this isn't the most relevant to the thread.
>>
>>8488635
>I guess this isn't the most relevant to the thread.

That's fine, social isolation is one of the best predictors of addiction. You may want to find something more than your job you want to work towards, or at least a hobby you want to pursue? (Stand up comedy?)

Working towards a PhD in neuroscience but been socially isolated for years now (outside of work, most of my friends live elsewhere) and while I'm not using hard drugs anymore and good at my work (and enjoy it), all I see in the future is suicide.

The point of that blog was, don't be like me. Find something to work towards before you're an addict as opposed to afterwards. Have a healthy social and sex life. I don't even bother to go on dates anymore. I even managed to stay clean of everything for four years once. My life didn't improve at all. Now I'm back in the balancing act of going in and out of sobriety. The only women I ever truly loved were addicts and now I can't really spend time around an addict and I can't really spend time around women who have never been an addict.

My old therapist told me it'd get better as I got older as I'd meet more people who were former addicts. While it's true that I've met more people who were former addicts, none of them really ended up moving forward in life like I have. I'm surrounded by colleagues who have had normal healthy lives and continue to do so. I don't really understand them--and I study behavior.

Funny enough I mostly do alcohol reward and dependence research right now.
>>
>>8488654
what state bruh? im doing CS to hopefully move into bioinformatics
>>
>>8488663
Oregon.

I should've gone into some sort of computational biology. I was always above average at CS and programming but hated it because my dad would take away my books as a child to force me to learn to program/study CS.

I could've been a happy, socially healthy russian lit humanitiesfag.
>>
>>8488654
I appreciate the listening and the input. My hope is to ingratiate myself to fellow comics. Technically I've been doing it for several years at this point, but only just now being in a "major scene" (Chicago) and having a hard time making friends even in the Small Pond I came from beforehand, can be disheartening.
Sorry to hear about that stymied romantic life of yours. I tell myself I do alright (and if birds in the bush counted as much as one in the hand, I'd probably actually BE doing alright) but I'm never satisfied with that success, and worried that what success I do have will be short-lived. Doesn't help that my hairline's expiration is probably already past-due. And at any rate, transient flings off of tinder only go so far.
>>
>>8488665
i feel you on the colleague issue. Im in CA

I don't hang out with anyone I am academically related to in any way. Thank god I have a local music scene to keep me occupied.

what would make you happy?
>>
>>8488665
As a humanities major, trust me, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Job insecurity and the stereotype of working at a coffee shop plagues me with every introduction to a stranger I come across. Just do what makes you happy, or what makes you rich. Either way, one or the other will catch up to you.
>>
>>8488668
>and having a hard time making friends even in the Small Pond I came from beforehand, can be disheartening.

I understand that and have no real advice as to how to improve that situation.

>Doesn't help that my hairline's expiration is probably already past-due.

Well if you want to castrate yourself that would probably save your hairline. All my sex hormone research as been with female sex hormones though, so I'm just working off a joke my undergrad PI made.

>>8488670
>what would make you happy?
A healthy social and/or romantic life would probably be a start, but I work 60-80 hours a week, and with my drug use on top of it, I won't really have a chance at that until I have a tenure-track position. Maybe a post-doc. Most of the labs that do similar work to mine are in other countries, so I could maybe get a fresh start there. I'd be scared to post-doc elsewhere though as drug access would not be the same.

>>8488671
What I meant to imply was that if I didn't have an alcoholic piece of shit father I probably would've been happy studying the humanities instead of chasing my own tail trying to understand the mechanisms of my own behavior.
>>
I started working 70-80 hours a week so I don't have time to get drunk.

On the other hand I might commit sudoku before the liver damage could have killed me...
>>
>>8488681
>I'd be scared to post-doc elsewhere though as drug access would not be the same.
I just assumed you were a drinker

whats your drug of choice?
It never hurts to quit, or so I tell myself
>>
>>8488670
Ah, I also meant to add that since I do animal research and work on the animals circadian rhythm and schedule, it's hard for me to have a normal social life or sleep schedule. Sometimes I'm doing labwork until 2 am, and sometimes I get up at 4 am to do labwork.

I'm too burnt out to socialize. I'm pretty sure there are several women in my department who are attracted to me as I'm the only physically fit male around (and my subfield of neuroscience is female-dominated), but I'm never motivated to talk. Usually because I'm hungover.

I'm also my PI's golden boy so I can't reject any of his requests.

>>8488691
These days I primarily use alcohol, benzos, kratom, ritalin and amphetamine. Heroin and ketamine were my drugs of choice back in the day.
>>
>>8488681
he's probably joking about propecia
as far as I understand it, it isn't necessarily detrimental to the sexual health, but the risk is nonzero, and the effects can be permanent, as well as I hear that taking it in the first place causes a lot of hair loss before the hair regrows fuller, meaning going on it and then going off it is ultimately more damaging than not taking it at all (though, best-case, staying on it works indefinitely)

so between costs, the idea of permanent damage (to both the hair, and to the libido/sexual function, which is literally the reason I'd want it in the first place, and central to my identity) I haven't messed with it
>>
>>8488695
honestly, I am amazed that you have kept this habit up while being so busy.

I went to rehab initially before finishing my bs then worked-started on the alc, and here I am doing CS while still drinking. My schedule is obviously more flexible

I can't tell you what to do or what would make you happy. You seem competent enough to be able to figure it out. You also probably know that there are plenty of abusers that are able to lead a healthy life. so then

whats holding you back from chasing that happiness? Im not talking about work-related restrictions. we both know those can be overcome
>>
>>8488704
>honestly, I am amazed that you have kept this habit up while being so busy.
If I'm good at anything, it's getting my work done and doing it well while high on something.

>whats holding you back from chasing that happiness?
Honest answer is that I'm not convinced it would result in me being any less unhappy than I am now. As a result, I'm not motivated to work towards it. All I ever do outside of work is exercise, drugs and shitpost. Once a month or so I go out to dinner with an old friend of mine who is somewhat nearby.

Been meaning to make a tinder. I should do that before Monday when things will get busy again.
>>
>>8488698
Had to look up that drug. Maybe it was that. He was always into new, interesting prescriptions to try out.
>>
>>8488709
I know this sounds so preachy and ambiguous but the best we can do is pursue what we think will help.
that is literally life
>>
>>8488709
also its 3am
i have to do a class early tmwr

hope I see you in these threads again
>>
>>8488720
Sleep well. I lurk somewhat regularly.

>>8488716
I just want the life of one of my rats. Exposed to alcohol once weaned for a few months until they're chronic stable drinkers, then do my experiment and euthanize them.

>what we think will help
It's very difficult for me to convince myself that pursuing something will help. Rats who are socially isolated in development (I was) or have low maternal licking and grooming (I pretty much was as my mother wasn't around much then) show enhanced LTP in the various subregions of the hippocampus response to aversive/stressful stimuli.

No matter what I do I'll always retain the negative events/stimuli in life better than the positive ones.

Doesn't help that voluntary lifetime ethanol consumption predicts sensitivity to k-opioid agonists in rhesus macaques. In other words, the more alcohol you drink in life the more of a biological effect aversive events have.

I probably should've just studied something like ingestive behavior or locomotor function instead of reward.
>>
File: 13465454678i.jpg (22KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
13465454678i.jpg
22KB, 466x350px
>>8486893
I only drink heavily on the weekend now. One or two bottles of bourbon over friday/saturday. I haven't craved alcohol during the week for maybe two months. I'll have a couple of beers here and there during the week, but haven't got drunk.
>>
>>8488204
>something ?
No space before the interrogation mark in English.

>>8488695
>work on the animals circadian rhythm and schedule
>Have own circadian rhythm and schedule fucked by work
The irony. Sad irony.
>>
>>8488731
>k-opioid agonists
Ever tried Salvia?
>>
>>8488179
>>8487991

Addiction is a slippery slope with no winners. I don't know why you keep trying to glamorize it. I haven't been able to honestly go a day in over a year now without drinking 1 beer. That is more than 365 beers the last year alone. The quality of my sleep has suffered. My diet has suffered. I think my testosterone levels have been dropped. It's not a race buddy, we are all in this together, 1 beer a night or 10 beers a night, we fight as a team for our sobriety.
>>
I can easily take a week or two off, not drinking. not craving or desire it.
Then it hits me and I go binging for a couple of days.
Am I an alcoholic?
Been like this for 20 yrs.
>>
>tfw you know everyone around you hates you and wants you gone but are too nice to say it
>>
>>8488704
I hope you know it's actually extremely common among intelligent people to take up some form of substance abuse.
>>
That feel when you don't even realize you wake up with a hangover every morning and it's just normal to feel like this
>>
I get very drunk twice a week on average, like 15-20 drinks drunk. Probably drink alone twice to three times a month. Does this sound bad? I generally don't know if this is a problem. I'm a 28 year old male.

I live in a city where the nightlife is fantastic and have a lot of friends who like to party. I guess the pull of going out and getting drunk with friends is strong for me. I always know of something happening or friends who are out partying.
>>
>>8486893
haven't had a drink in 8 days, so I'm gonna go and get blasted tonight. Don't know anyone in my city so I'm just gonna go and hang out at a rock bar for a bit then finish myself off at home. Gotta say that I've definitively improved from last year when it was like this almost every night
>>
File: 1473723002839.jpg (333KB, 2291x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1473723002839.jpg
333KB, 2291x1089px
How much do you guys drink a week?

1-1.5 gallons of popov
>>
>>8488999
chequed

and yes
>>
>>8489494
About 40 something beers, sometimes a bit of vodka or gin thrown in
>>
File: IMG_20170120_154029.jpg (778KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170120_154029.jpg
778KB, 1120x1680px
>>8489494
20x 40s. From a sock.
>>
Pretty good actually. My drinking has cut down since school started back up and I gave some of my bottles away to friends and family so I have less stuff around to touch.
Got a tasters pack of Bruichladdich a couple weeks back and I won 2 bottles of Old Weller Antique 107 but I might just trade 1 of them off to some whisky aficionado on reddit for some Bunnahabhain.
>>
Birthday's tomorrow, gonna drink 3 liters of flavored malt beverage, 2nd time this week
My poor young healthy liver
>>
>>8487305
What's a black pill
>>
>>8489854
By pretty much every definition I'm a red pilled kind of a guy. Black pill is when shit is just absolutely hopeless and you shouldn't even bother to do anything, or believe anything can change.
It's a stupid pill to be honest even if you find yourself threatened by it at times.
>>
>>8489857
fag
>>
>>8489866
No u.
>>
>>8489868
>I'm a red pilled kind of a guy
>>
>>8489870
Here's the thing dude, they're both real kinds of feelings and outlooks even if I'm using a dumb internet colloquialism to try to make light of the times I feel like shit.
>>
>>8489875
how is the black pill different from the red pill?
>>
>>8489494
Usually 3/4 a handle of Titos and a 1 or 2 beers.

1.5 gallons seems like a lot.
>>
>>8489914
Red pill can lead to the black pill if you aren't careful.
>>
>>8486893
>not even 4 in the afternoon
>Crown Royal with ginger Pepsi (I don't even like it but it was free) and a bit of mint water
>>
>>8489928
The issue with using those simplified stand-ins is that they quickly make no sense
>>
>>8488193

it gets a little better if you quit completely for like 90 days

not a LOT better, but enough better to be noticeable and bearable

t. alkie
>>
>7 pm PST
>Al/ck/ thread is rather dead
>I'm just over here drinking alone in my apartment on a Friday night.
>>
>>8489920
GTFO
>>
I'm 26 and I've only recently started drinking (yeah, I know), what all do I need to get used to.

I know for sure I hate all "light" beers, I enjoy wine, just bought a bottle of corona to go with a sandwich and I did some shots with some friends. I make sure only to get a buzz but one night I'd like to get wasted for the experience then never do it again
>>
>>8490538
>one night I'd like to get wasted for the experience then never do it again

how do you know you wouldn't like it?
to be honest it's easier just to never drink at all.
>>
File: wuthomer.jpg (63KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
wuthomer.jpg
63KB, 500x385px
i just moved into a new place with a bunch of roommates and one of them is a 30-something chinese lady.

She has a glass of wine every day without fail.
Why does that seem normal to me, but I wonder if everyone else judges me for pouring myself a stiff drink, usually not a double, the second i walk in the door every night?

sorry to blog, but that's really what these threads are anyway.
>>
>>8487986
juking the stats. People are basically bureaucrats at the end of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH_6_8NOfwI
>>
Damn it lads, I went harder than usual tonight. I am drunk right now so I know I am going to be paying for it tomorrow morning. I really wish I could find a way to mitigate the hangover but I don't know how. I probably had close to 15 servings of alcohol over a 5 hour period. I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning :(
>>
So I went Tuesday-Thurs not drinking, and felt fine. So it's Friday and I am excited to drink whiskey and watch Deadwood. I decided to quit during the workweek to save money and, you know, NOT drink every night.

It's hard not to drink during the week though, because I love it so. Got to save that cash though.
>>
Trying to quit cold turkey. I tried a few times last year, longest I made it was 4 days I think. Been 1 day now. Kind of glad you can't get liquor in the middle of the night in this state.
>>
>>8489494
about that much, I get the cheap burnetts flavored brand though because im a pussy but its easy to do shots with.

>popov
good god man, I used to drink that in highschool. that shit is fucking paintthinner.
>>
Previous al/ck/ here...At my worst I was consuming around 100 units of alcohol per week, mostly in screwdrivers/cheap light beer, and eating perhaps half a real meal a day. I basically binge drank like this for two months straight while unemployed, only being sober while sleeping and for a few hours after waking up. I wasn't even 21 at this point.

At 21, I was likely pushing 70 drinks per week, mostly on the weekends, as at this point I had a job. I was routinely waking up with the shakes and would get cold sweats near the end of my shift. I'm not sure if this was just extreme anxiety brought on by compounded hangovers or the beginnings of physical withdraw.

I ended up quitting for around a year after meeting a girl. I switched to smoking weed and ended up getting myself in trouble with the law though, and after I was jailed then subsequently put on probation, I resumed my drinking. I was fully employed at this time, and doing fairly well in life, but still drinking around a six pack every other night. That quickly turned into every night, and I saw myself moving towards beers with higher ABV, such as doppelbocks and IPAs (I fucking know..)

Anyway, I ended up drinking a six pack of double strength beers (8%, as compared to bud light which is what I was drinking as daily maintenance) a night, and being unable to skip a night without feeling awful the next day, more awful than I would if I had actually drank it.

After a family member's death, I had to travel to California and stayed drunk for an entire week straight. After a particularly boozy day/night, perhaps 30 standard drinks that day, I woke up with the most intense panic and fear I had ever felt. I knew I had to stop drinking so much, but my fear was how? That night, I drank only one beer to get myself calm enough to sleep, then proceeded to have the worst nightmares and sweats I've ever had. After returning home from the trip, I vowed to finally quit once and for all, and have been clean ever since
>>
Just got a dui the other night. My bac was .291.. is there any chance I can get it pleaded down to a dwai with just a public defender, or should I just consider myself fucked? No accident occurred. Any people here with past dui experience? What were the penalties like?
>>
>>8490826
continued.

I will say quitting is tough. I know not to believe all the crap bout the DT's every sprouts, but the pains of withdraw are real. I've also been addcited to benzos, so I know the horrors or being withdrawn cold turkey from a depressant. Quitting alcohol cold turkey after drinking nightly for a year isn't necesarily life threatening, but is very fucking uncomfortable. Expect the worse day 2-3, then again day 5-6. Lots of insomnia, lots of headaches, and anxiety through the roof. Tinges of derealization at times, and a strong craving for alcohol. Basically feels like you've drank 5 cups of coffee at all times. Being a fairly anxious person just by my personality, I ended up keeping a small travel shot with me just incase the anxiety/derealization got too intense. I never ended up using it, but knowing I could kinda helped. A few times with detoxing I had to have a couple sips of beer to get to sleep. In all, it took me around a month to finally feel better and for the cravings to stop, but then again I really had only been drinking nightly and in excess/binging for maybe 8 months, definately an easier withdraw.

Withdrawing from the 100 a week habit made me sweat nonstop, I smelled like a fuckin garbage dump, and was downright irrational. Thankfully I never really withdrew for more than two days, ended tapering that one down gradually.. but fuck.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful for anyone wondering what quitting is like... I still throw back a few every now and then, maybe 10 drinks a month, but the desire to get into a drunken stupor on the weeknights is gone.. for now. hopefully no more relapses. look up HAMS, site really helped me. id be happy to answer any questions, if anyone has any
>>
>>8490788
Drink some water and go for a jog. Makes my hangovers negligible.
>>
>>8490853
I just counted my consumption up and I think I'm at 75 per week. I've tried going cold turkey a few times and the longest I made it without relapse was 4 days. I would switch to weed but I'm in the military so it's not an option I'd like to pursue at the moment. I was thinking of picking up an instrument or something, just some hobby to distract myself. Is that something you think might help or am I wasting my money?
>>
>>8490851
It depends on where you are and any past criminal history you might have. Usually in most places if you can fork over some money for a good lawyer you might be able to enter a diversion program for first offenders and get it off your record with some community service and a fine. Gonna cost you a few thousand bucks though.
>>
>>8490860
I find playing instruments very soothing.. I've been playing guitar for 11 years and it's the first thing I go to when I'm anxious and feel like I need a drink. Once you get into it, playing a song or just improvising can be quiet hypnotic.

I think what you really need to ask yourself though is why are you relapsing? Is it because you simply crave the alcohol? Are you discontent in part of your life? Lots of friends drink?

I know some dudes in the military and they drink like theres no tomorrow simply because they are bored and other drugs are illegal. If that's the case, you really need a distraction.

If you are drinking because you just crave the alcohol, I would suggest just tapering. I would guess you are at like 10 drinks per day average? Try cutting it down to 7 for a few days, then 5 for a few more, then eventually have it so you are only drinking every other day, then just stop. Once you no longer PHYSICALLY crave alcohol, you are good. Taper at whatever speed you like, really, but I would suggest a medium pace. The more extreme you are, the more likely you are to relapse. Like I said, it took me around a month or two, but really after two weeks you are good. Keep a beer by your bed the first few nights you are on zero booze just in case you cant sleep, and drink no more than half.

Personally after getting the crap outta my system, when I do drink now I get a great buzz off under a sixer and have no desire to get retardedly drunk multiple days in a row. That's just me though, if I were you I would steer clear of the drinking for atleast 6 month before trying it socially again
>>
>>8490851
I got a dui in CO with a .27. I got a public defender and got it pleaded down to dwai, however, the penalties were pretty severe, even though I didn't have to do any jail time.
>14 days house arrest (cost $10 per day)
>12 two hour alcohol classes ($20 a class)
>1 year probation (alcohol tests twice a month $11 per test)
>$1000 court fees
>48 hours community service ($100 to sign up)
>MADD panel ($25 dollar one time fee)
Those were the court penalties. The DMV penalities were..
>9 month liscense suspension
>level 2 alcohol therapy ($295 for online class)
>sr-22 insurance
>2 year ignition interlock ($80 a month)
>liscense reinstation fee
I also lost my job since I was a pizza delivery driver, so that sucked. But you can get through it.
>>
>>8490904
I don't really drink with other people, primarily alone at home. I think I'm at 15 units a day but I take a couple days off most of the time.

It's the cravings that get me, but the boredom is what sets it off. I work nights pretty frequently so I'm just kind of holed up in the house for hours at a time. I'm trying to play more video games again as a distraction since my drinking has kind of caused my enjoyment of them to go down.

Should I just count my drinks for tapering off? I have an issue where I rarely keep alcohol in the house since I pretty much immediately drink whatever I buy, so I'm a little worried that might be a problem.
>>
>>8490920
Yeah dude I get you, the cravings fucking suck. Out of nowhere feels like you are missing something. Expect slight depression first few concurrent alcohol free days too.

I would try to get down to 10 per day within the next week, if you feel ok with that then try taking 1 unit off every 2 drinking sessions until you are at 6, then increase the amount of sober days per week then go from 6 down to 1 within a 2 week period, then just quit. This method is kinda slow imo but I think it'll work. You could probably go from 15 to 10 quicker but eh fuck it... really the hardest part is getting down from a sixer to nothing.

I don't wanna give you shitty advice thats gonna put you in danger but that's how I did it. A lot of medical folks talk about seizures and heart attacks/ect. so personally for a home-detox I'd err on the side of caution.
>>
>>8490949
Risking a seizure or heart attack didn't even occur to me with just trying to quit outright. I'll try and taper off over time and see how it goes. This is really starting to hurt my health and also just my private life in general. Thanks for the advice.
>>
I just went to a fancy tea shop to get some green tea and black tea and try to replace evening drinking with those. Haven't gotten fuck all done this month, was suppose to be really effective with my studies, but have spent most of my days just laying in bed feeling sick, then rushing in to a nearest store to buy 16-17 beers right before closing time. Head back home and drink all night and listen to the same damn playlists. Same shit every week as far as I can remember.
It really wears me out, but the thought of never drinking again just makes me feel really stressful&sad. Still I feel great even after 4 days break combined with regular exercise.

I don't know how I'd go about spending an evening with a group of my friends. Just find it really exhausting and maybe even boring to socialize with people for a longer period of time sober, sigh.
>>
>>8490959
15 units a day, with couple of days off doesn't really sound like a life threatening amount that requires tapering down. Just drink plenty of water, eat healthy, maybe some light exercise and see how you feel.
>>
>>8491004
Maybe I'll taper for a week or two and then stop, just to make stopping entirely a little easier.
>>
How many bottles of wine per night until I am considered an alcoholic?

Or does wine not count?
>>
>>8490788
Gatorade and instant miso soup, either before or after onset of hangover.

This has been my go-to for a couple of years and has always done me right
>>
>>8491014
someone posted a while ago saying they had a seizure from drinking 3 bottles of wine per day for a few years
>>
>>8491028
A seizure from the drinking, or from cessation?
>>
>>8491033
i would assume the latter. everyones different though man
>>
stayed sober all week while i had a handle of vodka in the closet hidden, said i would have two or three drinks on friday night and be done, got talking to some asshole from scotland on omgle and now it's 2:30 am and i drank a water bottle and a half worth of vodka. oh well at least the hangover wont be that bad.
>>
>>8491120
>conversing with scots
this is where you went wrong
>>
File: 1476064342131.gif (21KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
1476064342131.gif
21KB, 90x90px
Drunk rn off of some Jose cuervo posting laying down in my buddys suv at the drive through of a jack in the box posting from my phone. Bout to eat some greasy goodness. Cheers lads.
>>
I see this a lot on /ck/...not that I'm not drunk...but why do I keep seeing this on /ck/?
>>
>>8491252
cuz
>>
>>8490909
FUCK. Not the guy you're replying to but i also recently got a DUI blowing a .27 and work as a pizza delivery driver. I live in Missouri as a first time offender so the punishment seems pretty lax. I've got court next Wednesday and my lawyer said there's a 95% chance I'll lose my license for a month. What I'm thinking about doing is just driving for a month without it, getting the DUI off my record, and never telling my boss. I know this seems like a huge risk but I've been sober since the incident and as long as i never speed i don't see how i'll get pulled over. Where do you live? That seems like a lot of bullshit to deal with.
>>
>>8491271
I'm in CO. Damn, sounds like you are getting off easy. About a month after getting arrested for the dui I got a letter from the DMV stating all my penalties through them (the liscense suspension, interlock, sr-22, etc.) maybe since you actually got a lawyer he will get you a better deal then my public defender was able to get. Seems a bit doubtful though, as I think the penalties for dui are pretty standard and consistent. That's why I just got the public defender, but who knows. And yes it was the worst year of my life. Still have the fucking interlock in my car and the inflated insurance.
>>
The other week i was thinking what constitutes a serving of alcohol and today i eactually remembered when buying a bottle and checked.
Nutrition facts were not there.
How do i balance keeping my boipussy bod in shape while not being sober.
also fuck /fit/ im laz-y boii
>>
>>8487661
gayyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>8488223
Ive done similar distance for cigarettes. Granted not booze but I was stil pretty wasted. Main reason was that was the closest parking
>>
>>8487566
Good for you, friend. Was it hard at first?
>>
I feel like it's fucked up that I have issues spending money on things I need or food, but I won't even bat an eye at spending money on alcohol.
>>
How are you guys financially? I know a guy who will spend his entire paycheck and more on booze.
>>
>>8491014
>Or does wine not count?
Of course drinking wine doesn't make you an al/ck/ie.
It makes you a wino.

>>8491252
Many professional cooks are alcoholic or drug addicts. Al/ck/ threads are tradition now. You can filter them, check settings at top right of page.
>>
>>8491440
>>8491549
Sugar wine is extremely cheap. If you add yeast nutrient + enough soluble potassium salt for 200ppm potassium, and ferment with champagne yeast for at least 1 month at room temperature, and don't aim for more than about 10% abv, it tastes almost as good as grape wine. The yeast can be reused several times.

1kg of sugar turns into about 900g of alcohol (the remaining 100g or so is mostly lost as CO2).
>>
>>8489494
About 10L of 12% wine.
>>
>>8491295
>>8491271

The punishment for first time offenders seems to pretty standard across the board in all the states. Here in Massachusetts, I ended up having to pay the following for my first time DUI

>$7,000 attorney (i had other charges too but they are unrelated. your attorney fee might be lower)
>$1400~ for 1 year probation
>$650 for the 12 alcohol education classes
>$500 reinstatement fee for license
>$200~ for the 12 drug/alcohol tests

Here in Massachusetts, they will allow you to do community service instead of paying out of pocket for the probation. I just paid for it so I didn't end up having to do any.

The end result? Some bullshit called a continuance without a finding which is basically a "dropped charge". Your state probably has a variation of it with a similar name. It's basically a low key agreement between you and the court where the conviction will be dropped in exchange for your money and some probation/alcohol classes. While this is nice and all, it actually doesn't change much since your driving record (which is separate from your criminal record so-to-speak) will make note of the incident still. So your insurance will skyrocket (for 7 years) and you'll pretty much have zero chance of getting a driving job like Uber/Lyft/etc..

And god help you if you're a CDL driver. Those guys are truly fucked if they get caught drinking (on or off the job, doesn't matter)
>>
>get pulled over for wide turn
>trashed as fuck
>officer asks if anyone in the car is sober enough to drive
>girl I was with was
>they give her a breathalyzer, not be
>she drives me home and calls her mom to pick me up

Thank God for Indiana cops
>>
>>8491683
Stop driving drunk like a nigger.

If you're going to drive drunk use a motorcycle or something so you only kill/maim yourself.
>>
Caved in after 10 days yesterday night. Got 2l of beer and 0.2l vodka, drank in 2h. Not worth it.
>>
I haven't drunk in a few days. Today I had a bottle of wine with my steak. I barely even feel it so I'm drinking some Swiss schnapps I picked up when I was there.
>>
>>8490816
>good god man, I used to drink that in highschool. that shit is fucking paintthinner.

I actually used to drink burnetts in high school lol. I unironically like that stuff but popov is cheaper
>>
File: 1428235514909.gif (79KB, 900x288px) Image search: [Google]
1428235514909.gif
79KB, 900x288px
I drank good vodka last week after drinking paint thinner shit most of my adult life.

It's not a good feeling going back, but I can't justify the cost of buying good stuff when I go through a 1.75L bottle every weekend

My job doesn't pay bad or anything, but it always hurts when I buy a bottle of something nice and I know it's going to be all gone by the end of the night.
>>
>>8492251
I never bother buying good quality booze. I always get the cheapest shit possible because I just get wasted in a couple hours and pass out anyway.

Too bad the cheapest shit in Canada is still expensive as fuck, although that probably helps regulate my addiction some, if only a little bit.
>>
File: 1483317212596.jpg (126KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1483317212596.jpg
126KB, 1680x1050px
>>8489494
80-100 Budweisers.

Whatever.
>>
Just did the math.. im at 112 shots a week.

Ive been in bed all day. So sick and massive chest pains. Feet hands cramping. Last night i started seeing shadows. Havent eaten in a few days cause my stomach hurts too bad

I hate this
>>
>>8492251
>>8492704
idk how you guys do it but the cheapest stuff gives me hangovers. With vodka lower-mid tier is perfect.
>>
Just drank a good bit of bulliet rye and am going to a concert in nyc tn
>>
>>8492947
Who are you seeing
>>
anybody in the mood for greentext? give a fellow al/ck/ie something entertaining!

>drink some beers at night
>think about booze
>store is too far and I'm in no driving condition
>remember gf stored some near-pure alcohol in a cabinet to make limoncello with it
>retrive half a litre of warning-label-clad 96% alcohol from poland
>pour half the amount I'd use with normal hard liquor and feel smug
>two drinks of that stuff and I'm drunk with loss of basic motor skills, bumping into stuff on my hasty way to bed
>feel numb for half the day after
>that's what slavfuel does to you if you're not slav
>>
>>8486893
Drank a half bottle of cabernet with dinner, so I'm doing pretty fuckin good.
>>
Currently drinking 5% beers. Recently got on a waiting list for detox and inpatient rehab. Now just gotta hang in there til I get the call. Reached the point where I really have a hard time not drinking due to withdrawals. I know many of you are there/have been there. It's a trap you fall into.

>>8486948
Good job, hang in there.
>>8486994
You were never an alcoholic. Lucky you.
>>8487004
Good luck tomorrow eh?
>>8487423
yep, 3 days withdrawals for me too.
>>8487448
Good luck to you too.
>>8487643
Some people can do that, some cant.
>>8488190
Try to switch to wine or even better, beer. Liquor is murder.
>>8488617
We are all trying to make life work somehow. And having an alcohol or drug problem thrown in the mix just makes it tougher. Good luck to you.
>>
>>8492924
I don't get hangovers anymore. I haven't in a very long time.
>>
3rd consecutive night sober in a long time. I feel like i stepped out of the hyperbolic time chamber. when does the swelling die down? I wish my face would return to normal.
>>
>>8493332
neither do I, except for bad quality booze
>>
>not smoking weed instead

lel
>>
>>8493349
72 hours is the typical acute withdrawal period from most of the people including myself that ive heard from. but they say 3-5 days
>>
i feel pain in my heart/gallblader area yet i'm still drinking. im half expecting to die tonight.
>>
>>8493400

I've had this for a while (gallbladder pain). It feels like someones pushing down on that area really hard all the time.
>>
>>8488907
>Ever tried Salvia?
Yeah, not in a long time though. I should've been more specific that:
- they used a highly selective k-opioid agonist
- they looked at dopamine turnover in the nucleus accumbens core/shell and dorsolateral stratium

Salvia's effects are most likely due to the density of k-opioid receptors in the thalamus. There's also recent work that found the rostrocaudal subregion of the nucleus accumbens shell has a small region where k-opioid agonists enhance cpp/palatable food consumption/hedonic taste response (e.g. are rewarding and not aversive).
>>
>>8493410

exactly, like someone is squeezing it. i dont know what to do.
>>
>>8493430

probably going to have to get it removed. It gets worse after I eat spicy or greasy food. only started to happen after I switched from normal beer to steel reserve and natty daddy.
>>
What's the /ck/onsesus on Wild Turkey 101?
>>
>>8493410
>>8493400

I've had that on and off for years. I thought it was my liver but i probably would've been in the hospital/dead by now if it was my liver.

Goes away a bit after a week without drinking. Its not a pain, just feels like pressure.
>>
>>8493464

Yeah, I got my liver levels checked recently and they werent even slightly elevated. I have been drinking a lot less though.
>>
Day four with no booze is coming to an end. I'm feeling good but I've been smoking weed. Tomorrow I drop the weed. Wish me luck guys.
>>
>>8486893
I have some absolutely awful lemon vodka, what can I do with it?
>>
>>8493664
Mix with lemonade.
>>
>>8493664

mix it with iced tea
>>
>>8493675
>>8493703
Good ideas, thanks
>>
At least 2 bottles of wine a night. Most often more
>>
dieting soon

any 0 cal hard liqueur i can still drink?
>>
>>8493840
lol
>>
>>8493840
Alcohol in itself has calories, so no.

I think I read the best drink diet wise is a whiskey on the rocks or with splash of water. 1.5 oz of whiskey is like 70 cals and no carbs.
>>
>>8493464

I had some serious gallbladder pain last night. I am committed to never drinking again and exercising every day and eating better. Normally I drink every weekend and never excercise.

Hopefully I can reverse this before it's too late.
>>
>1 year ago
>finishing ~375ml of vodka a night nearly every night
>only stop for a day when i feel sick
>now
>finishing ~375ml one night every week or two

feels pretty good
>>
alberta premium guy here
appparently been having seizures in my sleep for the past while
good times
>>
>>8494397
i drank 750ml of that shit every day from the ages 19 to 21 and then one day after work i was walking home and had a seizure
>>
Should I get Monarch of the Glen 12yr or Wild Turkey 101? I live in a dry County and only want to make one trip.
>>
>>8494405
yeah i was cooking in the kitchen earlier and think i had a seizure, hit my head pretty good on the counter but i really don't remember what happened. then i was told i was having a seizure while i slept too.
>>
>>8494432
mr lahey inspired me to drink it
>>
>>8486994
just drink a shot of vodka or something.
that much beer will make you fucking fat in no time.
>>
I thought I didn't like red wine but I recently discovered I like Tempranillos a lot.

Any advice for a red wine noob who likes Tempranillos?
>>
>>8495501
Yeah drink tempranillo

I recommend a glass, but the bottle works in a pinch
>>
>>8495512
No I mean what's the logical progression from here with Tempranillo as the entry-level wine?
>>
>>8495522
This isn't a video game, there is no progression.

You could try garnacha/grenache, syrah/shiraz, cabernet franc, nebbiolo, even malbec/auxerrois. Thing is the grapes are not the only thing, there's how the grapes are worked after harvest, if it's oaked, if it's blended, and even stuff like climate and soil.

You can never judge one grape by a random bottle, they can be very different depending on who made the wine.
>>
I just picked up a 15 pack of PBR because it was cheap.

Why is this so popular among hipsters? It doesn't taste very good.
>>
>>8496015
>because it was cheap
>>
>>8496015
the "Hipsters" you just speak about are just poor white people who wear glasses
>>
>tfw can feel my heart beating against my chest fairly hard
hmmmm
>>
>>8496116
drink more to get rid of it.

Are you hungover? Have you drank yet today? COuld be withdrawals.
>>
>>8496187
yeah i haven't drank in about 36 hours
bad times friendo
>>
>>8496202
My advice is to drink untill it's gone, then call a doctor and get a prescription of librium or ativan or somerthing likel that. IT's happened to me before. You don't want to go through it trust me. Yo u could have a heart attack. It's dangerous.
>>
>>8496207
i always have some klonopin still
>>
>>8496212
Take it and you'll feel better.
>>
>wake up
>feel OK for maybe a 10th of a second
>hit by rib-crushing dissappointment that i didn't die in my sleep

i wish i wasn't toomuch of a coward to kill myself.
i wish i could stop thinking
Even booze doesn't do it for me, all it does is make a mediocore day OK, it doesn't stop my brain from fucking doing that thing where i keep poking all these bruises in my head
>>
>>8496264
if you drink enough it'll give you the courage to do it.
>>
>>8496303
i've tried and tried and tried again, but i'm just fucking terrified of eternal nothingness.

i don't really want to die so much as i want to run away, i guess. I know it wouldn't actually make me happy because no matter where i go, there's nothing good in this world for me besides tequila and television
>>
>>8496381
Have you ever thought that maybe you didn't really want to be dead?

I feel like shit most of the time but I don't want to die. I am scared shitless of death. Drinking isn't e ven fun but I do it anyway. Life sucks but it's better than nothing. Get it?
>>
File: 1479645563009.png (261KB, 357x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479645563009.png
261KB, 357x326px
>>8494575
>One beer nightly makes you fat.
Let's see. There's approximately 40cal/100ml so you regular pint comes to bit over 200 calories.
You have to have the nutritional needs of baby mouse for that to be so much as to impact your weight in any way.
>>
>>8494432
Hurry up and die you total fucking loser.
>>
I hope you all find some reason to crawl out of the bottle.
>>
>>8496381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zfEkKs2ZM
>>
>>8496712
wow rude
>>
>>8496015
Other cheap beer is seen as part of the cishet male identity.
>>
>>8496116
Thats definitely withdrawal. Elevated blood pressure is absolutely one of the known typical withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>8496927
You sure about that? I think alcohol elevates blood pressure. Got one of those 24h monitors one time and at 9pm sharp stated to drink. At the analysis with the doctor I could see the huge spike from 9pm on.
>>
Anyone tried, not having a hangover, but drank plenty day before. Started again and getting more and more clear in the head, could read any difficult text, write perfectly.
Damn, whats the point then, drinking?
>>
>>8496965
Did you have a fucking stroke or something?
>>
>>8496993
Not that I was aware of. Happened just like I said
>>
>>8497000
You poor thing, alcohol has rotted your mind to the point you don't even realize how incoherent you are. I hope death releases you from your miserable life soon.
>>
I'd been doing good most of January. I'm back to just drinking and enjoying myself.

I do feel bad tonight, though. I'd planned to go to 9pm mass at my local catholic church. Instead, I ran around trying to find ingredients for dinner at 3 or 4 stores, and was worn out when I got home late (at 7), cooked, and now, a half hour out, just don't feel like leaving the house, and have begun the drinking.
>>
>>8497044
dont let that guilt start creeping in. if youve been managing your drinking for a little while, keep up the good work. that has to come first.
>>
>>8496964
a few drinks elevate it some. more than a few will lower it. lack of alcohol will raise it after you develop a physical dependency. ive read about this stuff before after having the same issue you reported.the thumping chest thing.
>>
>>8496015
I don't think PBR is that hipster anymore. That said, it's really not the best you can do for your money at the lower shelf level. Consider checking into something like Mickey's (often cheaper in tallboys than the grenades), Hamm's, or Stag (if you live in the midwest nearish to St Louis).

Another fun time is to blast your way through every malt liquor you can find near you. I work in engineering, and one of the younger guys at work did this ironically with me as a competition race to the bottom to find a new tallboy of ML each week that was worse or more interesting than the last. I did it to find cheap booze. Protip: Never drink Camo Black Ice, or anything Camo makes.
>>
>>8497086
oh my god camo is the worst. its a challenge to down a small sip. it stinks like sweaty gym socks too.
>>
>>8497012
Exactly where am I incoherent.
>>
>>8497091
>tfw couldn't drink the whole can to make it count for our challenge
>>
>>8496712
He's trying harder than you.

>>8496965
You woke up still drunk, and sobered up during the day?
Also, congratulation, you ate healthily enough and drank plenty of water and avoided hangover.

>>8497108
Don't worry about him, he's drunk and incoherent.
>>
>>8497123
Could be i ate plenty and drank plenty af milk.
Just funny, the more I drank, the clearer I seemed to be.
Anyway. Slept ok. No hangovers.
>>
>>8497144
whenever i drink nowadays i can't even eat to prevent the hangovers
>>
Anons with parents who drank around you, did it affect you? If so, how?

t. having a child in 2 weeks and thinking real hard about who I am
>>
took acid three days ago and i havent even had the urge to drink, I think im cured boys
>>
Yeah, wifey due in three weeks. Shes an alkie too, we hope the kid dependent too, so we can be one happy drunk family.
>>
>>8497235
my mom drank beer really regularly but it never inspired me to drink
What DID inspire me to start drinking was the fact that both of my parents kept yelling at me "NEVER DRINK EVER EVER BECAUSE YOUR DAD HAS GIVEN YOU GENETIC ADDICTION"

And then I drank and it was fucking awesome so I just did that all the time
Basically if they hadn't made it out to be this super evil thing I mustn't go near I probably wouldn't be as big of a boozehound
>>
>>8497235
If you're having a child, don't go past 4-6 drinks around them for as long as they're young enough to not be drinking with you.

You're bringing a child into this world. You can do it man.

>tfw having lost the dream of me and my ex girlfriend that I still love having our 4 children, log cabin, garden, and wooded property is what drove me back to drinking

I'd kill to stop drinking and be you, anon. Lay off the sauce. Start now so you can be effective when your child is born.
>>
>>8497254
Makes sense, thanks anon.

>>8497255
>be effective
My greatest concern boiled down to two words.

Responses appreciated on both counts, buds
>>
ugh had the hiccups really bad, tried to take something to make them stop, ended up throwing up half on my bed and some on the floor. should have known they'd do they always do. honestly at a pretty low point.
>>
>>8497359
I've never had the hiccups for more than about 30 seconds in my life. I've always been able to get rid of them through a really deep held breath
>>
>>8497413
these are more stomach convulsions
>>
>>8497425
anddd here they start again
fuckfjodispjzo
>>
Anyone go to a really shitty shady dive bar to try to see what u would become if u kept drinking? And in turn ended up enjoying the place and turned into the degenerate u were trying not to become.
>>
>>8497495
i drink alone in my room like a respectable NEET
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQJFWhn1R_w
>>
>>8497508
I saw you post in the other thread, too.

And I saw that right as I came back to my computer desk with a fat glass of old crow. Good choice, my man.
>>
>>8491014
My alchoholic uncle who died of liver failure would drink 2 bottles of the ol sour grapes upon waking.
>>
File: thumbs-up.jpg (98KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.jpg
98KB, 500x375px
>>8497553
>>
>>8497558
There's a reason the seasoned drunkards call Old Crow the "alcoholic's best kept secret". Shit is cheap as fuck, while still being ridiculously smooth if served over the rocks.
>>
>>8496389
Yeah, like I said I think I just want to be not here over being dead.

>>8496801
Thanks for the song anon. I like it.
>>
>>8486893
Gave all control of my economy to a third party. There is no way I can get hold of more alcohol. Had my last drink about 48 hours ago. Fells like I am dying. No delirium but horrible nightmares. Am pretty sure I will stay dry ..else, alcohol will kill me,

https://youtu.be/lkkVVmEyQE4
>>
>>8487584

>Not even in my most fucked up state of mind would I consider assaulting a cop

Drink 1-2 bottles of vodka per day and you will be able to rationalize assaulting a cop. Believe me.
>>
Need to buy some whiskey tonight but I don't want to spend a lot of money, at max 20$(hopefully). What do you guys recommend?

Also how long do you guys think that bottle will last me? I'm used to drinking wine.
>>
>>8489494
about 20l of cider

usually roll into my local shop mid day and pick up a 3l, don't drink until the evening but i'm sure the guy who owns that shop thinks i'm non stop
>>
A sixpack of pints every second day for about 5 years.

Did some calculations on the cost (massively taxed country) and went big on homebrewing instead. Ended up with around 150 liters of beer and hard cider. Because christmas, new years, and other events all came together at once I vastly overdid my limit and when I quit after a 4 day bender I had what I thought was a heart attack. Pain, shortness of breath, shivering cold, started losing feelings in my limbs and face, anxiety, losing consciousness for a split sec before snapping back. Wrote a short note to my family about a valuable incoming package in the mail in case I didn't make it. Then it occurred to me it might be withdrawal, which can be deadly. Been drinking 2 beers every day since then and gradually feeling better. Gonna taper it off until I am free of it without feeling weird. Then I'm gonna drink 2 days a week. It will be extremely boring (nothing is interesting to me unless I'm at least slightly intoxicated), but it's better than death.
>>
>>8486893
Haven't been drinking for over a week.

But it's probably because my GF dumped me. I just feel like I want to do anything I can to improve myself in order to fill that black hole now when she is gone and also distract myself from sorrow for real. Drinking probably just makes it worse.

But when I'm not hurting anymore I think I will try to stay sober. I hope this is not a temporary thing
>>
I have severe diarrhea from drinking. I can't stop drinking at the moment. Is there anyway to help the diarrhea (other than stopping drinking) or am I screwed?
>>
>>8499166
I should add. It's a black sludge. I've never seen anything like it.
>>
>>8499174
That's the late stages of alcoholism before you die of liver failure. :/ Sorru
>>
I'm a man but my favorite drinks are margaritas (not frozen), mohitos and red wine in that order. I like most beers, some single malt whiskeys (Macallan 12, Bowmore 12, any of the Japanese single malts) and I enjoy the massive buzz a Martini gives me, but if I could, I'd just have margaritas all day every day. Should I be ashamed of myself?
>>
>>8499196
No. If I could afford it I would drink nothing but long island iced teas.
>>
>>8499174
Are you actually eating? That happens to me when I stop drinking after not having eaten anything for awhile.
>>
>>8499204
OK thanks I'll continue to order margaritas and red wine and if anyone thinks I'm a faggot they can just sit on it!
>>
>>8499207
Not really. I';ve been eating a couple of ice cream sandwiches I bought from costco everyday, usually in the morning, and then I drink instead of eat after that. I bought like 30 of those ice creams. I ran out of balogna which is what I usually eat. I'm too drunk to drive to the store and the liquor store is the only place near me to walk.
>>
>>8497235
My grandfather died from it. I'm a lightweight drinker, however
>>
I'm tempted to go back. Even though things have been better than ever lately.
>>
Only feel like life has any worth when gin drunk at 9am. Why the fuck even bother.
>>
36 hours since last drink

holding steady for now
>>
>>8500255
good, i think im about 72 hours at least
was pretty bad but im feeling better now
>>
Guys, how do I get some sleep after a weekend of drinking? I can keep myself away from booze during the working week, but I drink 5-6 on a Friday and another 5-6 on a Saturday and I can't sleep for shit on Sunday night.
>>
>>8500620
try to do some physical labour type shit on sunday don't just sit on your ass. worst case scenario i guess sleeping pills but for the love of god don't start drinking on sunday nights as well just to sleep, that does not end well
>>
Mall drinker here

Sup fellow drunks

Im doing great, sober almost a week. Just in bed watching Van Helsing on Netflix (awesome btw.)

Hope everyone has a good 24
>>
>>8500635
Lel, been there, done that. And Monday, and Tuesday, and so on. I'm back to drinking only on the weekends because I realized I wanted to enjoy drinking again, instead of just doing it to survive, but fuck me does it suck to only sleep for an hour or two on Sunday nights.
>>
>>8486893
Im at about 3 to 4 beers a night, or 1/4 of a fifth.

Protip: 110 pound female

Work: Retail Store Manager
>>
>>8500656
How are you still 110
>>
>>8497235
Dads a total alcoholic. Had a dui and been to rehab twice. Despite that he is pretty successful.

My sister and I are both alcoholics. Being around him is tough when i am trying not to drink. The worst part is we dont have quality time due to him being drunk when we are around.

He will die in 5 to 7 years and i wont have known him much for the last decade of his life bc of drinking
>>
>>8500701
I actually do a lot of manual labor and standing on my feet for 8 to 10 hours a day. Then I drive my Mustang home and shitpost on 4 chan.
>>
>>8500751
PIC related
>>
>>8500656
>1/4 of a fifth
So 0.05
>>
>>8500656
Do you drink more during the luteal phase of your menstrual cycle?

Also do you use stimulants? If so do you use them more during the follicular phase?

I'm the neurofag who does alcohol reward/dependence, I occasionally do sex differences research.
>>
>>8497562
this 100%
>>
Up to 2 40ozs a night of steel reserve and usually a 24 oz of whatever else i have Milwaukee best bud ice etc... 30 years old still live with my parents, work some shitty part time job.

Gained weight over the years from eating shity food at 3am before stumbling into my bed
>>
>>8500783
kek,

I wont oblige you with a direct response, but my drinking is fairly consistent and unchanging. Usually light beer or shots of whiskey.

Coffee in the morning for early shifts or tea for regular shifts. Sometimes a Red Bull at work.
>>
>>8500797

You can stumble into bed? I remember sleeping against my door cause I was too paranoid of people finding me in my own filth
>>
>>8500820
yea i just zombie walk into it holding myself up or bouncing into things, although my did gets up pissed if i do that
>>
>>8498438
ezra brooks and evan williams are both decent enough
>>
>>8498438
since wine is roughly 13% alcohol and liquor is 40% alcohol, 3 bottles of wine are basically equal to 1 bottle of liquor
>>
>>8500820
haha
>>
>>8492073
hey, as long as you dont fall off the deep end. just keep your head above water is what i say
>>
>>8492808
you are at risk of stroke or seizures. time to go to the hospital.
>>
>>8500958
Or if he can't/won't, drink but taper off the alcohol because that's withdrawal and it can lead to a heart attack.
>>
>>8500809
Thanks for your response.
>caffeine

I meant cocaine and amphetamine.
>>
>>8500958

Same fag. Saw a doc and im doing just fine now m8
>>
>>8501130
what'd he give ya lad?
>>
help
>>
>>8501171

Benzo's
>>
Had 12 days sober starting on New Years. Then drank 3 days in a row. Got some weed to get me through the depression I get for a few days after binging. But I realized the weed has put me in a much more productive and good hearted mood then I was in the first 12 days sober with no weed. If only I could feel like this with no drugs
>>
>>8499166
>>8499174
>>8499245
Does your shit look like coffee grounds? It sounds like you might have internal bleeding, m8. Go see a doctor as soon as possible.
>>
>>8500646
hope you're feeling better anon, keep it up
>>
>>8501741
Oh man, tha t sucks. Guess I'll go to the doctor.
>>
>>8502022
good luck
>>
>>8502046
Could alcohol cause that? How come?
>>
>>8501283
Benzo's postpone alcoholism. If possible, put all your focus on restoring your liver. Dont have any sugar what so ever. Eat lots of raw vegetables. Reduce carbohydrates to a minimum. Don't eat any chemicals and drink lots of good quality water. Trust me. I know from personal experience.
>>
>>8501280
You drink to much?
>>
Not sure if I am on day 3 or 4 without alcohol. Still little to no sleep. Horrible nightmares of death and decay. Neck-pain from passing out in an wrong angle in a cold basement. Was able to eat a little without to much discomfort. Still got strong flu like symptoms. Recovery may just be possible whilst no chance for relapse since I have given control of all my finances to a third party. Think my irrational rage and spontaneous depressions will disappear within 8 weeks. Alcoholic my entire life - but I know how to get out of the spiral of addiction.
>>
>>8502340
Hope you get well. If you feel the cravings and can't resist it's the craving to fill some void in your life, try some pot instead to vary the substitute so you don't kill yourself.
>>
>>8502407
I get addicted and abuse any drug so cant use pot either. My doctors know that I quit drinking a few days ago so all good. Not the first time I am horrible sick. Almost died in Thailand some years ago and have been hospitalized several times due to poisoning and alcohol triggered psychosis. All well considering the circumstances. Love eating as healthy as possible and will be filling my days with lots of activities once I am back on my feet again. Depressions are temporary. All good.
>>
>>8502053
damage to the oesophagus, and/or stomach lining, ulcers, possible cirrhosis (but it would come out the other end then I imagine)

you're basically causing chronic irritation/inflammation to your entire digestive tract by drinking a lot every day
>>
>>8502505
That is why, in my opinion, the best option is restoring the liver once sober. If the liver works then the rest of the intestines begin working again. This can easily be done by avoiding all refined sugars, reduce carbohydrates, eat lots of vegetables, especially greens. Lots of good clean water and eliminate chemicals from your diet. I know it works, I have tried.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.