[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love beer. This isn't exactly a secret. I enjoy the hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tk.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px)
tk.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
I love beer. This isn't exactly a secret. I enjoy the hell out of it- there's nothing quite as relaxing or enjoyable as a chilled Belgian ale at night after a busy day and solid workout. And I know there are often tongue in cheek references made to online shopping after I've had a few too many of these. While those are funny in a way, they're also not. In fact, "Getting drunk" or "Were you drinking when you did this" references piss me off a little bit- because chronic drinking isn't something I find particularly funny.

This is personal to me- I've dealt with addiction in my life many times. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for close to a decade. I had a cocaine addiction that tore me apart. I've lost friends and colleagues to both these and other addictions.

Addiction is insidious- it takes a lot to even realize that something enjoyable has become a habit, then a crutch, then something you can't live without. Some unlucky people don't realize it until its too late.

I used to joke that the difference between a social cocaine user and a coke addict... was that every coke addict is simply a social cocaine user whose friends have all died.

So... I've had to be very careful with alcohol because of this. Getting bombed regularly isn't funny, it isn't cool, it isn't some tongue in cheek fitpro bullshit where we're supposed to joke about donuts and beer while still being ripped and healthy.

Addiction of any sort isn't something to play with. It takes a LOT to look at your own habits and say 'This is beyond my control. I need help". And the LAST thing I would want would be for tongue in cheek references to my enjoyment of beer to become even a small bit of rationalization that delays someone getting the help they need.
>>
>>8485353
Okay dude, we get it. Fuck.
>>
Were you drunk when you wrote this post, OP?
>>
File: 135181.jpg (12KB, 150x300px)
135181.jpg
12KB, 150x300px
what beer you guys drinking atm??
got a six pick of this for $5 yesterday on clearance
>>
>>8486158
I have Samuel Adam's hopscape in my fridge. Haven't tried one yet, but it seems pretty well received online.
>>
>>8485353
Cool blog, didn't read it.
>>
>>8485353

You make some solid points, but you neglected to touch on the nature of functioning addicts. There are plenty of habitual drinkers, people who drink as a crutch, and people who can't live without a drink, most of which conceal it pretty well from their friends and family.

That being said, your life is your own, and if you are able to perform the functions of everyday life, then does it really matter how much you drink or how dependent you are on alcohol? It's a completely victimless crime to cause harm to yourself, so why does it matter?
>>
What commercially available beers are there that are less bitter than normal, but still maintain flavour and aren't super sweet?
I really can't stand the bitterness in any of the beers i've tried so far
>>
>>8486492
I've always found Irish red ales to be non-bitter, and not too sweet. Flavor wise they are a bit subtle so if you drink them after you've had other beers they could come across as tasteless. I like them a lot but there's also a bit of nostalgia attached to them for me.
>>
>>8486362
I'm back from trying this. It hardly has any wheat characteristics to it at all, but it tastes like a really solid pale ale. Was hoping for more of a wheat flavor to it, but I'd buy it again for a super easy drinking pale ale. Extremely well balanced due to the wheat I think, but yeah the hops took over. Oh well.
>>
Is this copy pasted from Reddit or something?

I drink because I can't function socially otherwise. That makes me an addict, sure, but my only other options are the crippling depression and agoraphobia I lived with for the better part of a decade or dope myself up on pills that permanently alter my brain chemistry and make me a zombie.

I don't think that being an addict is as simple as you make it out to be.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.