[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My crock pot finally bit the dust so I've been researching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Instapot.jpg (236KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Instapot.jpg
236KB, 2048x1152px
My crock pot finally bit the dust so I've been researching and looking for a replacement. During my travels I've decided to get an Instant-Pot pressure cooker since it can slow cook and do a bunch of other fun stuff.

With that being said should I get the 6-qt or 8-qt model? My crock pot was 6qt and everything I cooked in it (Soups/Gumbo/Chili) always fit without a problem. The highest I ever got to the top was about an inch. However I've never had a pressure cooker so I'm not sure if I should try to get the bigger size and if 6 qts actually holds 6 qts (tried going to the stores around here but they don't have them to look at). Also I'm sure I'll try cooking a bunch of new stuff eventually.

Thoughts?
>>
>>8483697
I only fill my pressure cooker 2/3rd full. I think that's the recommendation.

I wouldn't buy some dual use device. Crock pots are cheap, and you should buy one that fits your needs for slow cooking, whether that need is a browning function, clip on handles for transport in your car, oval shape for roasts, or maybe a preference for a stay warm setting, or glass lid. Pressure cookers are speedy, so yea the opposite of slow cooking. I use them mostly for making tought meat tender fast, beef stews, brisket, corned beef. They are supposed to be fast for beans, but bean skins can clog the opening and that's the reason for most issues with explosions. Most of all I use my pressure cooker to make chicken stock fast.
>>
>>8483697
I have one of those (the big version), it's awesome. Definitely don't get the small one even if you only cook a little food at once. The more you fill it the more likely you are to get food splattering on the lid, which means you have to clean it. If only steam touches the lid then you never have to clean it. The main benefit of an electric pressure cooker is enabling laziness, so why compromise that to save a little space?

>>8483718
It has slow cooker mode but there's no reason to use it because the pressurized modes make the food just as tender in less time. And I cook dried beans regularly and I never have anything touch the lid because I don't fill it past 4l and let it depressurize naturally. And even if I didn't there's a metal guard covering the pressure release valve so it's not going to clog, it just means you have more work to do cleaning it. And it has multiple safety safety mechanisms - modern pressure cookers don't explode.
>>
File: 33863-01.jpg (100KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
33863-01.jpg
100KB, 1500x1200px
>>8483697
i saw a bad ass hamilton beach model at target yesterday morning. it's the one i'd get if mine bit it.
>>
i wouldn't trust anything that advertises itself as a slow cooker / pressure cooker

they literally serve opposite functions and i imagine it's at best mediocre at either

you'd be better off getting a cheap old vintage one (new ones are crap, they have a higher low temperature and do not cook slow at all)

and the biggest pressure cooker you can find (mine is 24 quarts)
>>
>>8485758

A slow cooker is nothing but a ceramic insert with a heating element. Why wouldn't a pressure cooker with a heating element be just as good?
>>
>>8485824
too small as a pressure cooker
too hot as a slow cooker
expensive
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.