[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the headache myth has been thoroughly debunked what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: ajinomoto_bottles.jpg (54KB, 606x337px) Image search: [Google]
ajinomoto_bottles.jpg
54KB, 606x337px
So now that the headache myth has been thoroughly debunked what are some good uses for MSG?

Is it a salt replacement? Do I use it with salt?
>>
>>8481024
Yes you use it in place of salt and don't make the mistake of thinking you can use 1 to 1 measurements either. Also it can give you a headache but so can too much salt. Too much MSG is just more palatable when you eat it.
>>
I put a tiny pinch in with any recipe that involves protein. Makes meats meatyer.
>>
>>8481029
>you use it in place of salt
No, in addition to salt.
Actually, everything you said is retarded.
>>
>>8481279
you know what the 'S' in msg mean?
>>
>>8481492
MSG is a sugar that behaves and tastes like a salt.
>>
>>8481504
S=Sodium... like in... Salt!
>>
>>8481504
my fucking sides its an amino acid
>>
>>8481492
you nigger, do you know what O in co2 stands for, does that mean you can just breathe co2, does the fact that my red blood cells have iron in them mean i can make a sword from my own blood, fucking bleach is just NAClO, sodium-hypochlorite can you use that as a salt replacement or breathe it in for that matter?. This triggers my autism to no ends
>>
Anybody else try msg with porridge? Didn't really turn out well and had a funny aftertaste that still makes me feel sick thinking about it.
>>8481024
I season first and then add a teaspoon/pinch depending on the size i'm cooking. I think it works best if you have a lot of fat though, at least from my experience.
>>
You make a mixture of salt
>>
I sprinkle it on my food instead of salt
>>
File: glutamate.png (124KB, 2708x1613px) Image search: [Google]
glutamate.png
124KB, 2708x1613px
>>8481515
>>8481510
It is the salt of an amino acid
>>
>>8481024
I sprinkle some on my door to ward off vegans and lefty activists
>>
File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 259x194px
These signs pretty much mean "no flavor". This is what scientific illiteracy can do.
>>
>>8481538
you actually could probably make a knife from enough blood if your autism is powerful enough
>>
>>8482039
>>8481538
According to google, you need to collect the iron from the blood of 3~500 men to have enough to make a longsword.
>>
>>8481024
long time MSG cook here
I'l run through the main points as I see them

it's salty, but not as salty as pure salt
so usually I call it around 3/4 strengh
substituting it at 1:1 for salt will see you using too much, or under-seasoned food
this is relevant mainly in large batch cooking

unlike salt, too much MSG becomes unpleasant much more quickly
I would recommend 1tsp per pound of meat, and maybe 1-1/2 tsp for vegetables
it really brings out the sweetness in veg, so be careful of that

this also means more care has to be used when dispersing it
DO NOT USE IT AS A TABLE CONDIMENT
fucking junkies

palate saturation can be an issue, so don't put it in every element of a dish (same goes for people who put salt or chilli in everything)
this means going easy seasoning soups/stews with MSG

be careful using it with food already high in MSG, seaweed dishes, hard cheeses, tomatoes etc
similarly using it when pre-made ingredients like sauces have MSG
I am a big chinese cook, and it can be hard ot avoid using two sauces, a preserve and a condiment that all contain MSG

many chefs are dead against it, but I think it has more to do with reputation and personal pride than objection to MSG it'self
like a plasterer getting pre-fab cornice, or a painter getting laser marked guidelines on a canvas
>>
I usually replace half the salt with MSG
>>
What was the USA product that's like half salt,half MSG called again?
>>
>>8481024
how to use msg
step one: throw it in the trash
>>
>>8481492
It doesn't stand for salt, jackass. Sodium doesn't mean anything for taste.
>>
>>8482063
I bet there's a guy who's done this in a manga or something.
>>
>>8482576
accent
>>
>>8482834
the guy was replying to this post >>8481279
>in addition

I think >>8481492 meant that adding sodium from MSG to sodium from salt might not be healthy and that it would probably be wiser to split it somehow so that the sodium content of the final meal is the same as it would be if no MSG was added.

Anyhow, when do you add MSG? Do you add it after the meal is finished and just stir it in or do you add it in the beginning of the cooking, in the middle... I mean does it break down somehow in high heat and can it produce off flavor or it does not matter when you add it?
>>
>>8481024
Good goyim
>>
>>8481510
Sodium isn't the same thing. There are already tons of posts in this thread elaborating on this.
I bet you're a troll.
>>
>>8481952

pro-tip: those restaurants just put the signs up so retards won't flee. They still have tons of MSG in the food.
>>
>>8483333
Same as salt.

Flavor while cooking, add to taste.
>>
>>8482039
>take thousand million iron supplements
>get mri
>???
>profit
>>
>>8483406
pro tip

that's illegal
>>
it has become essential to me for pretty much anything involving ground meat. meat filling for pelmeni and piroshki, burgers, meatballs, etc.

see CookingInRussia on youtube. he uses msg appropriately.
>>
>>8482845
Seikon no Qwaser
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.