[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ I got braces today and eating food really, really hurts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

/ck/ I got braces today and eating food really, really hurts. I'm in my mid 20s and could just now afford them.

Anyway, what's the BEST way to make very, very tender chicken?
>>
>>8480705
Just accept that for the first week or so you're going to eat shitty soft food. Save the chicken until you're halfway through your set of wires, eating food only hurts in the beginning of each adjustment.
>>
>>8480715
Truly. Having braces only really sucked when they were first put on and when they were adjusted.

Otherwise, just grin and bear it :^)
>>
Boil it and put it in a blender with mashed potatoes
>>
>>8480705
>>8480715
This

But in terms of tender chicken I've had great success with Heston Blumenthal's version of roasted chicken. He made a version that involved blanching and drying that was kind of a pain but updated it with a more simple version.

Simply brine the chicken overnight (1tbsp of salt/cup of water) and rinse.
Stuff with Thyme and a lemon, rub skin with butter, and pop in the oven at 200F for ~2 hours.
Take it out when it's at internal temp is 140F and set the oven to 500F.
Pop the chicken back in until the skin is browned and the internal temp is around 165 after resting.

Great texture, slow process.
>>
>>8480705
it only hurts for about a week. And then a few days after every adjustment. You just deal with it until it stops hurting. Then you can eat like a normal person
>>
>>8480738
>>8480739
I'm going to try these. Thanks for the ideas.

>>8481176
That's good to hear.
>>
You could make chicken soup in a crockpot on high for 7 hours. Use only dark meat. It becomes so tender it falls off the bones
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.