[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i like to make quick soups like this but i never know what noodles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Photo on 2017-01-17 at 2.26 PM.jpg (154KB, 917x583px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2017-01-17 at 2.26 PM.jpg
154KB, 917x583px
i like to make quick soups like this but i never know what noodles to use

pick related is portioned instant udon but i also use instant ramen and just throw away the flavor pack

there must be a more economical way?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>8479179
That doesnt make sense, what you said. Please re-phrase.
>>
>>8479179
>quick soups
please explain what you mean with this, first. do you have stock ready to go or what?
>>
>>8479945
>>8479952
yeah i have3 stock and veggies and vinegar and soybean pastes and herbs and spices

basically the weak point is the noodles

what are good noodles to use?
>>
>>8479179
what type of soup are you trying to make asian or american style?
>>
>>8479967
no style, just good tasting soup with noodles and veggies
>>
>>8479964
ah, that makes sense. ramen is smaller in diameter so the surface area is bigger and it cooks quicker. use those for soups with a strong flavor. udon has more surface area, so use those for rather light tasting soups. the difference is how much of the flavor they will absorb. also, ramen doesn't need to cook as long in the soup as udon, so the keyword is cooking time. you'll need to find out when to throw in the noodles while cooking the soup as i see you use fresh vegetables. again: ramen is for strong tasting soup and doesn't need much cooking time, udon is for lighter soup but needs a minute or two more in the soup
>>
Someone please post the screencap of the guy who was ambiguously uncomfortable with his sister wearing a swimsuit.
>>
>>8480006
please just kill yourself
>>
>>8480003
that makes sense, thanks. is there a better quality noodle? i always use instant but i'm open to change.
>>
>>8480024
>is there a better quality noodle? i always use instant
apart from making your own, which is mostly not an option: it really depends on where you shop for your food, i guess? around here, supermarkets have dried asian noodles that are manufactured like the italien noodles you can buy. so it's not this dry frozen instant stuff but, how should i say it, just noodles? but the asian kind? you really have to look around if the shops around your area carry these, i can't help you with that.
is there a reason why you're focused on asian noodles? you could use regular spaghetti or penne. sure, these need 8 to 10 minutes of cooking time. but it's the same with most fresh veggies
>>
>>8480024

yes anon, there exist better quality noodles than instant. how is this even a question?
>>
>>8479964if you like thin noddles try rice noodles or vermicelli npodle or if your into a thicker noodle try myugi Udon noodle they come already prepared and take on 30 sec to cook
>>
>>8480024
Not the same anon, but from the ingredients I've read are mostly the same for wheat noodles/pasta: enriched flour, maybe some salt, and for cheap instant ramen some palm oil or other vegetable oil. Maybe you'd want to try some rice noodles or another train for variety, but a lot of the difference comes down to the size and shape of the noodle that suits your taste best.

I'm not sure how much more economical you can get than cheap instant ramen, even throwing out the flavor pack. It's US$0.20 a package at my store, for 3 ounces, so just over $1 a pound. Other cheap boxed pasta (spaghetti, macaroni, stars, whatever) are around $1 per one pound box.
>>
>>8479179
>eating your soup out of a corningware mixing bowl
>mfw takes me back to my college days

I used to have those same bowls in that weird seventies avocado green color.
>>
>>8480263
what happened to them?

i can't imagine having any other feeling than regret if i get rid of mine
>>
>>8480294
Well, actually I misspoke, I still have them, but they are packed away in the back of a storage unit, because the kitchen I have now is too damn small for all my kitchen equipment. I also had to pack away my KitchenAid mixer because it was too big for the counter space, along with all my roasting pans except my smallest one. I just went to the unit this past weekend to dig out my giant electric roaster so I can make a big batch of pot roast this weekend. Fucking pain in the ass tiny kitchen.....Hopefully I'm moving into a house later this spring, and one of the amenities the house HAS to have is a big enough kitchen to fit all my stuff.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.