[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /keto/ here? other low carb diets welcome Favorite reci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: ketomacros.jpg (19KB, 548x358px) Image search: [Google]
ketomacros.jpg
19KB, 548x358px
who /keto/ here?
other low carb diets welcome

Favorite recipes?
best way to cook staples?

today I had a double bacon cheeseburger with no bun, 6 cups of spinach with high-fat buttermilk ranch dressing, 3 poached eggs, 3 strips of pan-fried bacon, and 2 spoonfuls of chunky peanut butter

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
this is my favorite low-carb resource, it's fucking massive

best recipes:
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crust_pizza.html
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/fishermans_pie.html
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/cream_cheese_clouds.html

does anybody have a good egg salad recipe? i'm dying for some
>>
I was thinking of starting Keto after losing 30 pounds with psmf. thanks for the resources, anon.
>>
enjoy your kidney stones
>>
>>8478233
I drink 156oz of water a day
water is one of the basic tenets of any diet
>>
>>8478257
water alone will not prevent them. some people take citric acid
>>
>>8478233
What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>8478124
I have a few friends who've started it. As an outsider it seems absolutely disgusting the shit they pile into their faces. Can someone explain how you're not putting yourself at risk for gout, or kidney stones. Just seems wrong watching someone eat as much bacon as they do.
>>
>>8478276
I'm not a dietician so I can't explain any of the shit I saw, but just google that question and there are dozens of links on it
>>
>>8478276
while bacon is okay to eat on keto, it's not healthy. your friends just have fat mindsets.
>>
What happened to balance? Why is 2010+ all about extremes? Extreme politics, extreme religion, extreme diets...
>>
>>8478276
lots of fatties just think "BACON AND CHEESE ALL DAY ERRYDAY NIGGA"

the better way to go about keto is replacing all those starches and sugars with fibrous vegetables

it's an opportunity to develop better eating habits, but fatties gonna fat
>>
>>8478300
because extremes get results
>>
>>8478276
How much bacon do they eat? Do they understand you still can't eat 4000 kcal a day without being very active? On keto, I only ate one 12 oz package of bacon per week, and I'm a large framed man.
>>
>>8478307
thick cut bacon is only like 80 calories per slice, it's easy to maintain 1800 even with it
>>
>>8478304
Damn, makes a lot more sense, I don't think I've seen them eat a single vegetable. I just assumed it was not keto. Thanks for showing me that they're just being idiots.
>>
>>8478307
The two of them had nothing but a pack of bacon for dinner last night. I think that's like 12 or 18 slices. But a common breakfast is cream cheese wrapped bacon.
>>
>>8478311
I ate a lot of fresh vegetables. I agree that those people are idiots. You need the fiber and vitamins.
>>
>>8478311
Protip: dont go to the shitter after ketotards.
>>
>>8478314
>breakfast
I wonder if they cheat and eat carbs. If I ate that, that would be the only thing I ate all day because I simply wouldn't feel hungry anymore. Curious: how long have they been doing it? Have they lost any weight?
>>
>>8478321
>not making a huge pot of spicy cabbage stew every week like a champ

enjoy getting ass raped by your own diamond shits
>>
>>8478331
Its not about the shits m8
>>
>>8478329
yeah it doesn't even sound like they're trying to lose weight, just eating as much shit as they want because they heard bacon was good for them

I eat maybe twice a day because keto meals always make me full

I ate half a head of baked cabbage for dinner the other day and I wasn't hungry until dinner the next day
and that was maybe 300 calories (oil and salt)
>>
What are good and quick keto breakfasts?

Have in account my dinner is a piece of meat (pork or chicken) because of work constrains.
>>
>>8478321
Is this only a joke, or are you speaking from personal experience? I find this bizarre. On keto, I shit out perfect, smooth logs every other day and there was no smell. Seriously. I rarely ever farted either. I think people might just be fucking retarded. Like not classifying some kind of food as carbohydrates in their minds, not eating vegetables, and not drinking water. They might be drinking a lot of alcohol, which also ruins it.
>>
>>8478341
I meant piss
>>
>>8478338
scrambled eggs
fried eggs
poached eggs
hard-boiled eggs made the night before
deviled eggs made the night before
kimchi
bacon
sausage
spinach salad
cream of X soup
hamburger patty
egg McWhatever with the bun taken off
cabbage soup
cauliflower
broccoli
>>
>>8478336
Ah, so they are stupid. It's a magical thing where they can somehow not get fat by eating as much as they can. Why do I feel like this is why the diet gets a bad reputation?
>>
>>8478338
breakfast: spray on cheese (eat on the go)
lunch: block of swiss cheese
dinner: block of sharp cheddar cheese
snack: string cheese
>>
>>8478344
Ah. Fair enough. It can make your piss smell like acetone.
>>
>>8478348
they must be breaking their diet or eating something that isn't actually keto

I've been on keto for a month now and some days I haven't even broken 1000 calories daily because I'm not hungry
they need to drink more water if they're eating that much
>>8478349
mad me gigl
>>
>>8478345
>tfw just saw basil has buttload of carbs
I love basil ;-;

The spinach is ok to eat raw right?
>>
>>8478355
>2 teaspoons
>0.1 carbs

how much do you love basil for that to be too much senpai

yeah spinach is fine
smother it in high-fat dressing to meet your macros better
>>
>>8478351
How to fix?
>>
>>8478355
If you're not in the first week, you can eat carbs. The threshold is 20-30g/day for some, up to 50g for others. Of course you can eat raw spinach.
>>
>>8478358
>he doesnt eat it straight up
Anon...
>>
>>8478359
you don't.
acetone production is the endgame of ketosis, it's what the diet is mainly about
losing weight is a side-effect
>>
>>8478359
Drink more water.
>>
>>8478361
I am aiming for 10g ca~ first week here
>>
>been on keto a week and a half
>didn't experience any side-effects whatsoever (keto flu)
did I fuck something up? I lost like 5 pounds

I have my food logs, I haven't broken 20g at all
>>
>>8478364
How much?
>>
>>8478373
A shitload

if you're sedentary a lot buy a Bubba insulated mug, put it at your desk and fill it up 2-3 times a day
>>
>>8478373
Enough to stay hydrated. If you get muscle cramps or headaches, you need to drink water and make a cup of broth for the salts. The acetone smell will be diluted. Not drinking enough water tends to make everybody's piss smell more.
>>
>>8478375
I dont care for warm water.

Although my water has a very strong metalic taste and heavy feeling so I should buy it or get an alex jones filter
>>
>>8478389
>warm water
that's what the mug is for
put some ice in it, stays cold for 8 hours
>>
>>8478276
I think keto fags forget sodium too. That's a one way ticket to premature heart failure
>>
>>8478390
I meant that I dont care if its hot
>>
>>8478276
Because not everyone who does keto and low carb stuffs their face with bacon and burgers. Plenty eat a shit ton of veg instead of the starches they'd normally had.keeping stuff like berries in your diet is good.
>>8478391
They usually have to supplement sodium and potassium on keto.
>>
>>8478428
magnesium too
>>
>>8478372
Nope. Keto flu is due to electrolytes. If you replacing the electrolytes you are losing than you won't get keto flu.

Bone broth is good for this. I didn't think my housemates would be happy with me boiling bones all day and the smell so I just use to have Bovril instead and use lo-salt on food
>>
>>8478124
>Just eat a shit ton of fat
This isn't how you lose weight. Fat has more than twice the calories of carbs.
>>
>>8480260
Confirmed retard.
>>
I find that cauliflower and broccoli cheese is an excellent addition to whatever meat you're having (either chicken thighs/breast or fish in my case.)

I usually have my fish pies with the classic potato topping but the other day i replaced it with a topping of cauliflower/broccoli cheese.
>>
Cauliflowermash with a truck load of heavycream everyday allday
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.