[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good decent liquors and what else should I stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 14_fully_stocked_bar.jpg (576KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
14_fully_stocked_bar.jpg
576KB, 800x556px
What are some good decent liquors and what else should I stock in a bar? I finally have a real job and have realized I don't know much about liquor brands.

I had always thought it'd be nice to have a fully stocked, but really could never afford to buy anything other than handles. My favorite is vodka so I'm pretty familiar with all the major brands from the lowest to the highest and know what I like. But for pretty much everything else I'm pretty clueless on.

Not looking for very high end. Just the brands that you get where someone who actually really loves that kind of liquor will be happy with what you got them even if they have a preferred brand that is more expensive.

tldr, I need decent liquors, liqueurs and non-perishable ingredients
>>
>>8476763
Bourbon: Four Roses or Evan Williams
Rye: Rittenhouse 101
Gin: Tanqueray or Plymouth
Tequila: Corralejos or Espolon
Cognac: Pierre Ferrand
Blend Scotch: JB Black
Liqueurs: Cointreau, Fernet Branca, Campari, Absinthe, Bailey's
Bitters: Angostura, Peychaud's
Vermouth: Dolin

You'll find that cocktails rely on a wide range of specific liqueurs and fresh ingredients. So you still need to get lemons and limes, for example.
>>
>>8476868
Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. You seem pretty knowledgeable. Are there any other things like bar tools, that a home bars needs to have? Not looking to buy every little thing a bar has that makes their life easier, just the essentials.
>>
File: barstuff.jpg (840KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
barstuff.jpg
840KB, 1920x1080px
>>8476935
There is the standard set of bar stuff: cocktail shaker, jiggers, mixing spoon, strainers, muddler. Flashy gear and theatrical production is part of the appeal of cocktails, after all.

I used to have a more orthodox setup but after a few moves, and given that I mostly mix drinks for myself, I have the minimal setup in pic related. It's a pseudo Boston shaker constructed from a bottom shaker part and a plastic cup that fit it surprisingly well; you're supposed to use a pint glass but whatever. The strainer I use is actually my stock skimmer... I would like to get one just for cocktails, actually. I like the Oxo jigger better than the traditional kind and have seen it used at "craft cocktail" bars too. I make do with kitchen stuff.

You're going to need some glassware. At a minimum some old-fashioneds. Maybe martini glasses, but they take up space. (I actually use the little cupcake sized glass baking dishes for my Negronis.) Maybe some Glencairns.

Anyhow, the complexity/traditional-ness depends on what you like to make and whether you care about being 'judged' by the people you're having over. Have fun.
>>
>>8476868
>Rittenhouse 100
Whoops

Also, make/keep your ice in a ziplock. Slows down the freezer burn demons.
>>
>>8476868
>>8476935
If you're only going to stock one vermouth, what would you go with? Blanc? Sweet/dry?
>>
>>8477156
Since I make more Negronis than Martinis, red. And in fact I only have red right now. Plus arguably you don't need Vermouth in a Martini.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.