[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want do my pomegranate seeds smell like alcohol and taste like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: PomPom.jpg (43KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
PomPom.jpg
43KB, 427x640px
Want do my pomegranate seeds smell like alcohol and taste like shit? They've been sealed and I've had them in the fridge for a couple days now. I've never experienced this before.

Pic is brand.
>>
muh fermentation
>>
I don't know why but I've had the same experience with those packages, so I returned it at the grocery store and got a new one which had the same problem. I think the only surefire way to get good seeds is to peel a pomegranate yourself, even if it is kind of a bitch to do.
>>
>>8467543
Maybe a lazy fuck put them in the caned soup isle because they didn't want them and were to lazy to put them back where they belong...
>>
buy the whole fruit probably. the quality gets lower the further the fruit gets separated from its home (the casing of the fruit). protip.
>>
>>8467555
Eh, a few pomegranates in a really clean sink, or anything filled with water, break em apart under water and remove flesh/collect the seeds.

They last for awhile in a lidded container, and then you can gorge on pomegranates for a few days
>>
Just buy the whole fruit you fucking faggot shit cunt asshole
>>
Are you ready to go down the postharvest horticulture rabbit hole?

Too bad. Here we go:

All produce is breathing. Constantly. Some things can make produce respire faster, like trauma (e.g. getting ripped out of your home and shoved into a plastic container). In open air, this happens and the carbohydrates are broken down into simpler and simpler sugars for energy. Eventually your produce turns to moosh and you toss it. But these things are sealed. This seal creates a small, modified atmosphere with less O2 than the surrounding air. Less O2 slows down respiration, keeping your pomegranate seeds or what have you 'good' longer. However, when enough CO2 is built up within the tiny atmosphere of the package, it forces the plants inside to go into anaerobic respiration to sustain life. This creates alcohol as well as acetaldehyde and tons of other off flavors, making your pomegranate seeds taste like ass.

If you want a pomegranate, buy a pomegranate.
>>
>>8468631
The problem with this post is you forget how respiration of plants works. Plants "breathe" in CO2 and "exhale" O2, so in a modified atmosphere such as that what happens is CO2 levels will fall and O2 levels will rise over time, speeding up enzymatic reactions such as browning and aerobic bacterial growth.
>>
>>8468705
The problem with this post is that your statement is only true of PREharvest agriculture. Upon separation from the mother plant, things change.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.