[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's say, spaghetti and meatballs >actually takes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1463401733274.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1463401733274.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
>let's say, spaghetti and meatballs
>actually takes time and know how to make a legitimately good gravy, and to make a legitimately good meatball, and hell you could go the extra mile and learn how to make your own pasta
>people frown upon it considering it a basic dish and something you shouldn't order

>steak
>cooks in mere minutes
>requires minimal prep and absolutely only the most rudimentary knowledge of cooking
>people cosider it high art and pay out the ass to eat it at fancy restaurants

explain this and why "food culture" is fucking retarded and hypocritical at every turn
>>
Who frowns on spaghetti and meatballs?
>>
Value is not decided by labour you dumb marxposter
>>
No one should hate on the sketti
>>
>>8467227
Culture is retarded and hypocritical in many ways, it isn't limited to food. The great thing is that you can accept or decline any social norm and, for example, just order whatever you like at a restaurant. In case anyone calls you out on that, tell them exactly what you just typed, in a friendly and non-condescending manner. Chances are you'll broaden people's horizons instead of snubbing them.
>>
>>8467227
Who are these people you're referring to?
I think you're living in an alternate reality.
>>
File: Guy_Fieri.png (858KB, 800x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Fieri.png
858KB, 800x1065px
>>8467227
GUY FIERI HERE! Today we muff dive a shit hole thread created by OP. MEANWHILE, we contemplate why a cupcake costs less than a steak cut from an animal that took years to harvest, thousands of dollars to feed over several years and hundreds of dollars to transport while refrigerated.

More after the break on tripple D.
>>
>>8467249
*"Metal" guitar riff and shots of muscle cars*
>>
File: teleports-behind-you.png (214KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
teleports-behind-you.png
214KB, 500x728px
>>8467227
if you consider supply and demand of the example foods in your post, then the reasons why a steak would cost more and be more revered than a spag bol make more sense.

I recently bought a PSMO and trimmed it down with the intent of cutting some filets. Once I had the chain, silver skin, and fat off of the loin, I only was able to cut about 4 steaks. Think about that: with 2 tenderloins per cow, that means the cow I was cutting from only yielded 8 petit filets. That same cow probably produced an order of magnitude more ground beef by weight than it did high-quality steaks (T-bones & ribeyes) that people typically order at a restaurant.

Then you consider how readily available and cheap flour, eggs, oil, and produce are, and it becomes clear that the cost of the spag bol for the restaurant, even one where everything is made by hand, is well below the cost of securing quality, high-demand, low-supply cuts of meat. And if the restaurant (or purveyor) is aging that meat to enhance flavor, that will drive the cost up even more.

tl;dr even though spag bol takes more skill and labor to produce by hand, good steaks are low-supply, high-demand, making them more expensive and revered. That's Capitalism, baby!
>>
File: guy.jpg (400KB, 1000x1295px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
400KB, 1000x1295px
Guy's restaurant is actually pretty good.
>>
In a way I kind of wish I was him. Not because of his tv show and money but because how oblivious he is to reality. He's like an adult 5 year old, doesn't realize how stupid he sounds and looks and is always laughing and stuffing his pudgy face. I don't want to know what horrors go on in his mind though.
>>
>>8467227
It'd be more true if you replaced spaghetti with macaroni and cheese
>>
>>8467718
The one on Carnival cruise ships is complete shit, but then most cruise ship food is dumpster worthy.

It's just a "make it yourself" burger joint.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.