[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is cooking so complicated? Every ingredient, nobody specified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (33KB, 463x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 463x380px
Why is cooking so complicated? Every ingredient, nobody specified anything.
>leaves out temperature setting
>leaves out portions of ingredients
>forgets to explain the why they do something a certain way

Everytime and it's always a "what, you didn't know huh"? kind of thing. Some people are only starting out and aren't michellin star chefs.
>>
File: 1465268054112.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1465268054112.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>8464908
If you admit ignorance at the outset most altruistic cooks will hold your hand and help you cook through a dish.

If you pretend to be a cook when in reality you don't know shit, nobody will care.
>>
>>8464932
I get this but nobody I know is like this. Growing up, my mom always got pissy if I asked a question or tried to cook and everyone at where I work is the same or isn't that good themselves.

I desperately want to learn how to cook on my own but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>8464953
/reddit/cookingforbeginners/
>>
>>8464953
Dude just decide on a dish you want to cook and look up the recipe online.

You're just following instructions.

Are there things in online recipes that still hang you up? Most reputable food publications have online recipes from the most basic to the most intensive. They exist because these (groups of) people designing writing and publishing them figured out some time ago they were good at telling people how to cook.

Or just go find a cookbook you can understand. In my country you're allowed to leaf through books before you buy them from the book store in fact it's pretty normal to see people doing this.
>>
Learning is frustrating. 99% of cooking is trial and error. Just be patient with yourself, do what YOU think sounds like it would taste good, and cook with confidence!
>>
Once you get the basics down it becomes borderline trivial. Tricks of the trade (IE. Knife skills, mise en platz, correctly heating surfaces) make it so it's just pairing flavors to taste. Developing your pallet can be a very fun journey! Cook on brother, cook on.
>>
>>8465073
This right here. Find one dish and cook it very, very plain. Then start adding things, seeing how the dish changes. When you overseason something, you know how it should taste next time.
>>
File: 1467558696690.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467558696690.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
Google: cooking time and temp for ______

Now you too can get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>8464908
Are you talking about youtube? I think you are, and 99% of those video authors don't give you all the info because, as they explicitly state pretty much ALWAYS, you need to "visit my site for the recipe", and therein lies your absolutely OBVIOUS answer - its for website views. Thats all its about. Not satisfied with totally vague and incomplete video? WELL THEN VISIT MY WEBSITE LOL. That is all it is ever about. You are a fucktard for not noticing that though, bruh.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.