[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>studying for the california food handlers card >"msg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: swiss miss.png (602KB, 636x608px) Image search: [Google]
swiss miss.png
602KB, 636x608px
>studying for the california food handlers card
>"msg is considered a chemical hazard in large amounts"
>"msg is a common allergen"

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>8464733
>California
>>
>>8464742
Kill that state already.
>>
S E C E D E
>>
>>8464748

Still produces the best food, beer and wine in the country.
>>
>>8464750
I'll give you wine, for the U.S. But imports exist and their food is garbage.

It's not even a close second for beer.
>>
>>8464733
>Commiefornia
Found your problem.
>>
>>8464771

>not even a close second for beer

If any state is above CA for beer it's Oregon.
>>
>>8464817
It's also about Cali for food, followed by NY, followed by Texas, followed by Louisiana, followed by Florida, followed by Puerto Rico which isn't even a state.
>>
>>8464750

Washington state has better food/beer/wine and it's somewhat less insufferable
>>
>>8464750
No, no, and their wine is still shitty.
>>
Do americans really eat MSG?
>>
>>8464999

MSG is amazing. It's to savory what salt is to salty and sugar is to sweet. A little bit makes so many things better: try a tiny pinch on a baked potato, or in white sauce, etc.
>>
File: mayo girl.jpg (242KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
mayo girl.jpg
242KB, 1280x850px
>>8465035

>white sauce
>>
I mean... it IS an allergen. It's the salt of glutamic acid and sodium. *shrug* People think it's 'bad' for you for the same reason people think gluten is 'bad': it was recently discovered that some people are allergic to it and a huge part of the population freaked out.
>>
>>8465236
>*Shrug*
I really hope you were sexually abused as a child and that's the reason you turned out the way you did.
>>
So sad to see a country founded on the idea of freedom, so obsessed with regulation and censorship as of late
>>
>>8464999

hourly
>>
>>8464843
>somewhat less insufferable
Depends on where you go.

Seattle is literally just San Francisco with cleaner air.
>>
>>8465366

California is a huge state and San Francisco is just one tiny little city.
>>
File: girls laughing.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
girls laughing.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>8464843

>washington state has better beer than california
>>
>>8464733
Real MSG is a seaweed extract that's pretty good. Most MSG is now artificially produced and can cause asthma like symptoms if you eat a metric fuck ton.
>>
>>8464733
i pretended to get headaches when i was young (7 - 15) to get out of school. my mom cut msg (read:ramen) out of my diet because hippies in north idaho told her i was allergic to it. all i really got out of it was a couple days off school and psychiatric counseling which everyone, years later, agreed was bull s h i t.
>>
>>8465390
Well yeah, the same goes both ways though.

Most of Washington is arid steppe farmland, but nobody thinks about anything but rain, forests, and that one faggy city.
>>
>>8465512

MSG is a chemical, it doesn't matter where it comes from, it's the same chemical.
>>
>>8464842

You forgot Montana.

It has more breweries than California even by sheer number.
>>
>>8465496
But Washington does have better beers than California.
>>
>>8464750
Everything in that statement is false except the wine, and thats only because wine from other states is undrinkable compared to can tolerate it Cali wine
>>
Epic dude
I just took mine in Nevada and they just told me common sense shit
Also told me not to use glass thermometers with food
>>
>>8465635

>montana

Kek.

Just because they grow a lot of barley doesn't mean they know how to brew beer.
>>
>>8465286
:(
>>
>>8464999
Yes, a lot actually. They tend to be the same people that scoff at MSG and have le reaction to it, yet happily eat Doritos and Cheetos, and use seasoning blends that have MSG, yet are not aware of it because they never took 5 seconds to read the ingredient list. Not to mention naturally occuring MSG such as in mushrooms or tomatoes.
>>
>"msg is a common allergen"
Considering the number of people who have complained of headaches from products with msg... yeah. Yeah it is.
>>
>>8465644
Any state that gets snow and has an ounce of respect for food has great beer.
>>
>>8464817
>If any state is above California it's Oregon

I laughed.
>>
File: Shipyard-Export-Ale.jpg (313KB, 1800x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Shipyard-Export-Ale.jpg
313KB, 1800x1234px
>>8466254
Oh, you're talking about Maine.
>>
MSG fucks you up people. You should never add extra MSG to your food.
>>
>>8466336
>>8466057

There is absolutely zero scientific evidence that MSG causes any sort of reaction whatsoever.
>>
Food handling is always overly safe so retards dont get people sick. Not surprising they say not to use MSG when they make you cook meats to death and keep food in ridiculous temperature ranges. If you served food with msg, some yuppie fuck would fake a response and sue you and your workplace to hell and back. Not worth it.
>>
msg is clearly the cause in the rise in autism cases in N America

but no, people deny even autism is on the rise, they pretend its changes to the "diagnosis"

well you know what, I am 30 and didn't have a single retard or whatever you want to call them in my class or neighborhood growing up. Now they are common.
>>
>>8464750
>Still produces the best food, beer and wine in the country.

Yeah. Pretty sad, really.
>>
>>8466485
People can be allergic to fucking anything in fairness
>>
>>8464817
good one anon
>>
>>8467573
Yeah sure everyone else around you
>>
>>8465236

I don't think you understand what glutamate is if you think a person could be allergic to it
>>
>>8465112
She has a hitler nose
>>
>>8467573

you're the one still posting on 4chan at 30 years of age

perhaps it's time to look inwards to find the autist
>>
>>8467573
You make a good point. It seems every kid nowadays has been diagnosed with some psychological disorder requiring pharma, or multiple physical allergies to food. Seems bizarre, really. It wasn't that way at all when I was young. Why suddenly, now?
>>
>>8467801
The stuff actually did exist 30, even 40 years ago.

It was just that it wasn't really talked about or marketed to. I have a severe nut allergy. I can't eat nuts of any sort, or I die, straight up. I've tried treatments, been in clinical trials, nothing helps, severe reactions.

I had to deal with it for 20 years and figure out what I could and couldn't eat on my own, including snacks and foods and not eating street food, and being unable to even eat fruit because of risk of cross-contamination. Can't eat at chain restaurants (nice, real restaurants I can, but I can't really afford that very often.) because they fry all their sysco shit at once in big batches, including shellfish which is a high chance allergen with people who are allergic to nuts and vice versa.

Anyway, nowadays you see more marketing to families with kids with these allergies because kids were literally having allergic reactions and dying in schools because of school lunches that had PB&J or some sorta snack with nuts in it or something like that. The market was always there but now they can exploit being "allergen free" along with gluten free and vegan and whatever the fuck else buzzword shit is out there.

the psychological disorder stuff, I don't know about, but I can say that for sure the allergies have always been around, it's just that people are marketing to the people with allergies now, as opposed to just treating them like a niche market.
>>
Commiefornian here.

Everyone just recently started charging 10 cents for paper and plastic bags when you go shopping.
They now want you to either purchase a reusuable bag or bring your own.

Someone save me from this fucking place.
>>
>>8467932
Move.

I never understood how people bitch about their cities or states. You are free to move, no one is forcing you to stay there.

Your job keeps you there? Look for a new one. Don't complain, do something about it.
>>
>>8467942

>lol just move its not like you need money to do so
>just pick up and go lol its so easy like super easy

I remember when I was 12 too.
>>
>>8467973
I'm 31 and I have moved a lot throughout my life, usually with school or work.

Let me guess, you were born and raised there and cannot fathom moving away, and you haven't even seriously looked into getting a job in another state? It's just too overwhelming a thought for you, isn't it?

Moving is not a crazy concept. I'm moving to a new city in May for a post doctoral position that will last 1-2 years, then I'll move somewhere else. I have a wife, kid, dog, aquarium with fish, etc.

Anyone who complains about their home state being a hell hole while wasting time on 4chan and not actually doing anything about it is retarded. You deserve to be there if you are so complacent and lazy.
>>
>>8467932
>complains about reusable bag policy
>10 whole cents for a bag i can bring back and reuse!?!?! what the fuck!?!? commies obvi!!!!

you are fucking dumb. please get the fuck out of my state. this policy is a good thing. do you seriously not keep paper/plastic bags in your house? while i contest that they should have put money into a new recycling program rather than charging/banning plastic bags, this is still an ok way to curb the ridiculous littering that plagues california.
>>
>>8467985

>the post
>>
>>8467996
>Moving??? That's preposterous!!!
I forget that some people leave very, very sheltered lives.
>>
>>8467573
autism on the rise, proven
this anon never noticed retards when he was young, now he does
lets call cali to see how they would handle this situation so we can all progress together as a country
>>
>>8467694
that's called being a genetic defect. it doesn't the the actual thing is bad
>>
>>8467573
that's because autism now includes being anything short of a social butterfly. once a doctor was concerned that I might have autism solely because I don't like looking directly into bright lights.
>>
>>8467996
>everyone who proves me wrong is le edgy fedora
you should really stop posting, reddit
>>
>being allergic to one of the most common amino acids thats found naturally in a fuck ton foods with no scientific proof that it has any ill effect on humans with tons of research so it could be banned
>>
>>8465644
washington does tend to win more awards for their beers than california does BUT california is always in the top 3. oregon cannot compete with either of the two though their beers are mighty tasty.

if you want the best beers in california, you have to visit real northern california (from marin county to the oregon border). i lived there for a few years and they make some of the best beers i've ever had. haven't found a brewery that i didn't like up there except for maybe lost coast brewery. socal doesn't have much to work with and most microbreweries tend to suck, even the big ones like ballast point (which have been turning out terrible beers as of late).
>>
>>8466254
what state doesn't get snow?
>>
>>8467932

>paper and plastic bags

Pretty sure it's just plastic. Also most of the 1st world has been using reusable bags for years.
>>
>>8467973

Wat?

How is moving difficult? It sounds like you got tailwhiped good.
>>
>>8468063

Sacramento and it's outlying areas has opened up something like 80 breweries just in the past year.

SoCal has great beer, but the big names tend to dominate. I'd say wine country also does the best beer (Russian River, Bear Republic, etc.).
>>
>>8466263
if we want to talk about quality per capita, maine has to be up there
>>
>>8467573
nice
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.