[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a complete moron, but I also like to bake and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: measurements-1.jpg (43KB, 1023x517px) Image search: [Google]
measurements-1.jpg
43KB, 1023x517px
I'm a complete moron, but I also like to bake and I'm pretty decent at that.

I want to bake a cake for a friend that's based on an NES controller. I want the dimensions to be relatively accurate. How do I properly "scale up" an image of something to a size that I can turn it into a decent size cake?

My thought was that I select the size of cake I want to work with, then apply the ratio of the cake size / original size to all the other dimensions, but because I'm a moron, I'm not sure if that's correct.
>>
I'd rather have more mcchicken threads than trendy hipster geek shit
>>
>>8463952
Just create a bunch of ratios so you don't have to "scale up." For the A and B button just divide the width by the total length. That would be the ratio for the length of the a and b buttons. Then whenever you have decided on a size of the cake just multiply the length of the cake (be mindful of units) by the ratio. Just repeat that method for all the lengths and widths and you should be good.
>>
>>8463952
>Decide cake external dimension (one is enough)
>Divide said dimension to the same dimension in your drawing
>Multiply every single measurement you have in your drawing by the result of said division
>Done

Example:
- decide you want to make a cake that is 50cm (500mm) long
- divide 500 by 115, it comes 4,34
- take every other number of drawing and multiply it by 4,34
- height in this case will be a little over 175mm, the d-pad will be about 108mm across and so on.
- use all these numbers to make your cake

Voila, you have a scaled cake now.

Don't forget the width, which is lacking in your drawing.
>>
I-is this burger education in action?

This is is grade school maths, literally you learn it age 9
>>
>>8463952
>How do I properly "scale up"

You multiple the numbers by another number.
>>
>>8463952
closest pan to that ratio would probably be a loaf pan.

If you really wanted it to look good you would cover it in fondant and make the buttons out of colored fondant.

http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/how-to-make-rolled-fondant/
>>
Just make it the thickness you want but too big in the other dimensions and cut it down before you decorate it. Use the cutoffs to make the shape of the buttons.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.