[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I'm getting a cold right now and want to make some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1468973610143.png (13KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1468973610143.png
13KB, 284x284px
Hey /ck/ I'm getting a cold right now and want to make some soup tomorrow for lunch/dinner. However, I'm poor as fuck right now so, all I have are some frozen chicken breast, a can or two of broth, half an onion, a bag of baby carrots, and some tricolor pasta. I also have a slow cooker of that makes a difference
>>
Then make a soup from that
>>
Throw all that shit in, salt it, pepper it, poultry season it, and then cayenne that shit off you're not the giant pussy you sound like. Throw it on like 4 hours and enjoy. I'd prolly throw the pasta in during the last hour but whatever
>>
>>8451372
I've never made soup in my life but thanks for the advice. Should add water, and how much?
>>
>>8451348
Cook the chicken in cooker with a can of broth for a couple hours until it shreds. It's ok to throw it in frozen. After you shred it, add chopped veggies, and garlic if you have some and maybe a pinch or two of ginger. Add a bit of salt. Spices are good for your health, if you have italian seasoning throw that shit in too. Cover it with the rest of the stock. Cook until the veggies are soft enough. If it needs more liquid add water or a can of tomato soup if you have it. I like my noodles with a bit of firmness so I cook em separate and add them last. Add salt and pepper a little at a time at the end to your taste.
>>
>>8451998
>>8451348
Oh and it shouldn't matter how the cooker is set, it's hard to mess chicken soup up if you are cjecking on it. If you set it high just make sure to stir and check more often. Add how much liquid looks right to you. It's your soup, make it how you want.
>>
>>8452007
No
>>8451348
Defrost your breast under cold running water. In the mean time dice your onion and carrots. When the chicken is fully defrosted, poach it in 1 -2 cans of chicken broth (poaching is simply cooking it at a very low simmer i.e. barely bubbling) for about 15 min. Remove and let cool, when cool enough handle dice it up or shred it with two forks. If you only have 1 pot, find some place to put the broth. Add fat to the pot (butter is best, but any will do) and sauté your onions and carrots until onions are soft add broth and chicken, s&p, simmer ~10 min. Meanwhile, cook your pasta to your liking (firm is best, but whatever) & drain; again if you only have 1 pot, do this before proceeding with the rest. Put pasta in bowl, cover with broth -there's a reason for cooking the pasta and broth seperately: if you plan on reheating it, esp. multiple times, your noodles will get over cooked and gnarly- or just throw them in. Wa-la
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.