[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How cooked do you like your steak done, /ck/? Medium rare masterrace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: SteakDoneness-800x671.jpg (280KB, 800x671px) Image search: [Google]
SteakDoneness-800x671.jpg
280KB, 800x671px
How cooked do you like your steak done, /ck/?

Medium rare masterrace reporting in
>>
>>8450941
Same, but I don't care how other people like their steak.

The only time is pisses me off is when it know a well done steak is going to bump a ticket time from 9 minutes to 18 minutes because one faggot at the table has to have theirs well done.

>6 top
>everybody orders medium rare
>some punk bitch orders well done
>now 5 people have to wait while they upcook your steak and ours sit under a heat lamp

Fuck you well done person, fuck you.
>>
What is even the point of a black/blue steak? Go to your local grocery store, buy some steak, and take a bite out of it as is. You're really going to sit there and tell me that tastes good? Fuck off, pretentious emeril legasse wannabe retard
>>
>>8450974
I've never even seen a restaurant offer a black/blue steak desu. It was just on the pic.
>>
>>8450974
The only kind of steak you'd be able to eat at blue would not be available at a grocery store.
>>
I always thought rare beef was 140f
>>
>>8450985
Kill bacteria on outside.
>>
File: yozTw0x.webm (909KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
yozTw0x.webm
909KB, 720x720px
>>8450941
Uncooked meat leave me with a fucked over mild fever ....... Fuck Sickening foods
>>
File: after tines 9888888 007.gif (948KB, 560x340px) Image search: [Google]
after tines 9888888 007.gif
948KB, 560x340px
>>8450974
My cousin is a killer chef and clearly enjoys his steaks bleu
>>
I don't understand why people get extremely vocal and outspoken when I say I prefer my streak well done. Absolutely everyone I talk to has to enlighten me in regards to how I like my steak cooked, and I find it ridiculous.
>>
>>8451547
Sir, would you please leave the board.
>>
>>8451547
> steak
> well done

But why?
>>
>>8451439
This chart is fucked, medium rare is 134f. Rare is 120-124f.
>>
>>8450974
It does taste good. The taste isn't the problem, the problem is the texture and microbes.
>>
I don't really eat steak because I find it tough and flavourless. But when I do it's got to be well done
>>
>>8451899
:^)
>>
>>8450941
medium/medium well
anything less than medium rare is disgusting
well done is stupid
>>
>>8450941
i just cook it till the temp reads safe to eat so its usually very rare if not colder
>>
>>8450941
>>
>>8450941
Can only eat medium now after one year I went to a Xmas party and had rare steak. I didn't know it but I had caught the winter vomiting bug. Next day was throwing up the steak and blood/juices from it. Was fucking disgusting.
>>
>>8450941
I like rare but I'll eat steak basically at any done-ness
>>
>>8451547
get the fuck out of here you piece of shit
>>
>>8451547
Why not give the other ways a chance? Surely well done can't be the end all be all.
>>
>>8450974
In most cases, with cow meat the problem with bacterias lie on the surface since the meat is so dense bacterias and shit do not penetrate the inside. That is why it is adviced to cook the outside.
>>
>>8452073
this to be honest family
>>
>>8451547
Leave.
>>
>>8452073
r u me?
>>
Do you even have to cook it to reach Black and Blue? Its pretty much eating it right after killing the cow.
>>
>>8450941
very rare pan seared
>>
I wonder, what you do, when you get meat directly from amateur farm/hunting/SHTF/whatever. Don't you need to cook it well done to kill parasites inside?
Just asking because I have no idea.
>>
Medium
>>
>>8453527

Parasites are very rare, anon. Even in wild game. The chance of anything getting you sick is astonishingly small.

Also, cooking to "medium" is more than enough to kill parasites.
>>
>>8450941
Black and blue

enjoy your flavorless garbage everyone else
>>
>>8450941
Always well done
>>
File: foodoofus.com-sous-vide-meat.jpg (86KB, 920x375px) Image search: [Google]
foodoofus.com-sous-vide-meat.jpg
86KB, 920x375px
sous vide rare
>>
>>8450962
we usually fire the overcooked shit first then a few minutes later fire the rest of the order for the normal people.
>>
File: joey_shit_sausage.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
joey_shit_sausage.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>eating raw meat
Fucking animals like vid related
>>
>>8450941
obviously well done

who the fuck wants to eat raw meat
>>
>>8454034
I think liking "medium rare" steaks is the biggest 4chan meme
>>
File: man_found_bait.png (219KB, 827x1050px) Image search: [Google]
man_found_bait.png
219KB, 827x1050px
>>8454038
>medium rare
>4chan meme
>>
>>8453586
Parasites rare in wil game? I'm gonna need some proofs.
>>
>>8450941
Almost every single thread about steak on /ck/ has some sort of picture like this with weird rancid looking grainy steak

Really unsettling
>>
>>8454062
I'm sure everyone acts like eating raw meat is a real thing to make fun of newfags, like /tv/ talking about the no singles policy in theathers or people saying Heaven was a hacker that posted everywhere
>>
Rare master race.

Take it off the grill at 110F, and after 3 minutes of rest it's a perfect 120F inside.
>>
>>8454069
USDA states that trichnosis is killed at 130F for 30 minutes. Specifically, what wild game parasite are you scared of? There aren't any greater boogeymen, really, unless you subscribe to the path of autism and see curlicues under your bed at night.
>>
>>8450941
Depends on the cut. Something lean like tenderloin, rare.

Something fattier like ribeye, medium-rare to medium to get the fat rendered.
>>
>>8454121
>somehow the steak raises temp off of a heat source

bud,
that's not what happens
>>
>>8453586
this nigga is trying to kill you
>>
>>8454169

>outside of center temp is above 110
>temp can't seep inside to center in 3 minutes

This is how retarded you look right now
>>
>>8454169
>>somehow the steak raises temp off of a heat source

As a whole? No. But the steak isn't the same temperature all over. The outside is hotter than the interior. While it rests that heat evens out. The outside cools down and the inside warms up. It's called "carryover cooking". Google it.

Imagine putting ice cubes in a glass of water. The ice cubes are below 0 C. The water is above that temperature because it's still liquid. As the glass sits, the cubes warm up and melt and the water cools down, eventually reaching equilibrium at the same temperature. Same principle. A small piece of meat like a steak will only raise in temp a small amount--maybe 5 or 10 degrees at most. A larger cut of meat like a roast in the oven could do more than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Idk, what level is this?
>>
>>8450941
well done. fite me
>>
>>8454367
Put your dukes then
>>
>>8454306

medium well
>>
>>8450941
By your chart... Anywhere from "very rare" to "black and blue".
>>
Yeah most of the time I get medium rare.

Unless it's a crappy cut of steak or the cook doesn't cook steak very well, then I get medium.
>>
>>8451592
>>8452076
>>8452163
Very bad posts, no direction to your argument.
>>
>>8454124
I heard there are toughter species of trichnosis.
I wouldn't risk.
>>
>>8452073
Same steak is just goddamn delicious. I understand having a preference but are you really going to say no to steak?
>>
I've never eaten steak, would I hate medium rare at first? Is it a bit of an acquired taste, or is it accessible?
>>
>>8455418
What is same steak?
>>
>>8450974
>He's never had carpaccio

Literally get off of /ck/
>>
Well-done
>>
>>8455710
beef carpaccio is my jam. I get people to try it all the time and I use their reaction as a barometer for if I like them or not.
>>
>>8450941
>tfw french
>tfw all my familly made me eat Very Rare/Rare from young age
New when i eat something over medium it feel chewey and unsatisfying, feel somewhat bad
>>
>>8454222
Thought that was just latent heat.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.