[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ here. How do I into spices? >Made a large patch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bbq chicken.jpg (112KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
bbq chicken.jpg
112KB, 500x341px
/fit/ here. How do I into spices?

>Made a large patch of chicken in a crock pot

>Ingredients:
>5 lbs chicken breast
>300g barbeque sauce
>Half cup light Italian dressing
>3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
>2 teaspoons ground red pepper
>5 tablespoons minced garlic
>ground black pepper
>bit of salt
>1 large yellow onion diced

When it finished slow cooking I could taste all the spices and it had a nice kick to it. Then since the point of the recipe was to feed me for the week I put it all in the fridge. Then when I had some the next day I couldn't taste any of my spices, no garlic, no pepper, no red pepper flakes, even the bbq sauce had lost its kick. What did I do wrong? Do spices lose their potency after a little while?

I'm guessing my choice of spices wasn't optimal so how could I improve the recipe?
>>
>italian dressing
>premade bbq sauce
Use better ingredients. You'll get better at portioning sauces the more you cook, though. Too little is better than too much because you can adjust to taste. Also, taste often (not that you can really do that with chicken in a slow cooker, I just mean in general)
>>
>>8450555

food always tastes best when fresh and hot, after it cools, the flavors will mello out as the volatile aromatic compounds exit the food.

that said, for 5 lbs of meat I would easily double or treble the amount of spices, and add more fat and salt.

fat carries flavor and salt brings it out. I'm /fit/ as well and there's nothing wrong with higher fat contents as long as you count them.
my chicken recipe is as follows and it's good cold or hot and actually gets better as it sits in the fridge

>2lb chix tiddays
>1 large jar hot salsa
pick a brand with no preservatives or fucked up ingredients, Tostito's is fine
>4TBSP good low acid olive oil
E V O L or California Olive Ranch are excellent cheap but superior quality oils
>1.5TBSP cumin
>1 tsp badia
>2 tsp salt
>1 TBSP black pepper
slow cook for 4 hours uncovered, shred.
sometimes I add beans for a qucik chili, sometimes make tacos, sometimes mixed greens and
>based baby spinach
for a salad, it definitely doesn't lose it's flavor

I also have a Continental recipe for chicken, a few variations on cassoulet, pernil and beef stew that all fit the definition of tasty and quality healthy food.

when I'm feeling like a little piggy I'll do meatballs, chicken and pork cutlets and eggplant parm, they all refrigerate well and taste amazing
>>
come back here and reply you fucking gym bunny
>>
>>8450555
How long did you cook it for? Sounds tasty as fuck.
>>
>>8450555
>>300g barbeque sauce
>>Half cup light Italian dressing
what the fuck
>>
>>8451433

it's a /fit/izen, they're not expected to be competent at life
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.