[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello. quick question, two of my friends wont drink whiskey.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

hello. quick question, two of my friends wont drink whiskey. not that there is anything wrong with that but i just want them to be open minded about it. so i wanted them to taste some whiskey from me. any reccomendations about a good beginner whiskey is?
>>
Something mild, smooth, and sweet is best for beginners. I'd recommend an Irish like Jameson's, or maybe a popular Speyside malt like Glenfiddich 12 or Glenlivet 12.

Glenlivet 12 was the whisky that convinced me I could enjoy whisky. It tastes of honey and green apples.
>>
I would say avoid bourbon to start with. The flavors and aroma are very strong and might be a little offputting (they were for me anyways).

Maybe start with some scotch. Make sure they understand how to sip it and give them some water to dilute if they need it.
>>
>>8447175
>any reccomendations about a good beginner whiskey is?
Of course.
It's Jamesons.
Pro: No smoke. No gross peat flavor. All the offensive flavors in scotch aren't there. That's from hard work. They roast the grain from underneath the brick floor (think roman baths), so no smoke enters the grain (scots couldn't figure that shit out, hah.). Then the irish in their mostly deforested country, got some preused sherry casks from Spain (this is charred inside, not just fresh oak like US bourbon). Well, in addition to complex and lovely sherry flavor added to the whisky, the pre-aging opened up access to lovely sweetness from the partially charred wood resin just under the char. The sherry took a long time to make that accessible, and you got sweetness from the resin in your irish whisky in as little as 3 years, not 25 years of waiting.

Source: I took the Midleton Distillery Tour at 10am with a hangover. And, see, I remembered all that? I was also the chosen taste tester, and got to compare Jameson to another 8 brands side by side, lucky me!

Also, don't be afraid to not serve it straight up. Make some whisky sours with fresh lemon (not sour mix), giving that peel a nice twist too, and copious amounts of cherries. Shake it all up really nice and sweet with a splash of the juice in there too. After about 3 of these guys, they'll have a love for the back end flavors of whisky, I'm sure. Jameson is indeed inoffensive to most people. Maker's Mark is probably the next stop up in flavor.
>>
>>8447194
Jameson is normie bait for sure

Get some soft ice and a nice tumblr to serve it in and they will eat it up
>>
>>8447175
Highland Park 12, you're welcome.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.