[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 14

File: marijuana-edibles.jpg (494KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
marijuana-edibles.jpg
494KB, 1000x667px
Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were legal, cheap, and didn't harm job prospects? I would certainly curtail my drinking, not that I'm an alcoholic.
>>
I'd direct more of my vice budget into weed but I would still pick up a bottle
>>
>>8445193
yes and I AM an alcohol
>>
>>8445193
nah, I have access to free decent weed but it's just not my thing anymore. I'll take a tasty craft beer over instant dry mouth and sedation anyday
>>
>>8445193
I don't know that I'd stop but it might curtail my drinking. I don't drink a lot, but sometimes you just wanna get high and play Mario Kart. Plus this >>8445207 beer tastes good.
>>
>>8445193
weed is pretty cheap and widely available, i dont know a single person thatd change their habits if it got legal, whoever wants to do it does it already
>>
>>8445193
Nope, and I'm an alcohol and it's ruining my family.

Seriously though, drinking and smoking are so different I don't know a single person who really likes one or the other who would talk about them as if they were interchangeable. I loooooove drinking, and I've had it suggested to me numerous times from many different types of people (ranging from doctors telling me "hey, drinking is killing you, why don't you just smoke weed instead?" to my stoner friends who can't shut up about weeds superior experience and benefits). If you can use weed to curb your drinking, go for it I guess, ...but if you are looking for something to curb your drinking you are probably just substituting one problem for another eventual problem, or increasing your problems x4
>>
>>8445214
>whoever wants to do it does it already
Nope. I'm job hunting, so there's one reason straight up that I can't smoke right now. Then there's the difficulty of getting it. Finding a contact can be hard depending on your social circles, and ordering online isn't an option for a lot of people due to their living arrangements (such as flatmates). Even serious stoners sometimes hit a dry patch and can't find any for months.
>>
>>8445255
They're not interchangeable, since weed is clearly superior.
>no hangovers
>no digestive problems
>no limit to how high you can get (vs barfing or passing out from alcohol)
>your senses stay alert instead of losing interest in everything
>no liver damage
>medicinal properties
>not addictive
>>
>>8445269
>>not addictive

Completely false. Not only is it possible to get psychologically addicted to anything, anecdotally I have known at least 3 people who HAVE become psychologically addicted. This meme needs to fucking die.

>your senses stay alert instead of losing interest in everything

Actually I find that whatever I'm focusing on seems much more intense, but background stuff is dulled and blurred. So weed is maybe hyper focus for me?

>no limit to how high you can get

Well sure there is, but you'd pass out long before you hit the lethal dose of weed. You'd just be too high to stay awake.
>>
>>8445269
The fact that they're not interchangeable is actually the problem, since alcohol is physically addictive and weed is not. You can't just substitute marijuana for alcohol if you drink regularly like flipping a switch.

Going cold turkey on alcohol, depending on your intake, can kill you.
>>
>>8445280

> psychologically addicted

pretty different from physical addiction, when your body hurts because you haven't had your daily dose of substance.
>>
>>8445280
>Completely false. Not only is it possible to get psychologically addicted to anything, anecdotally I have known at least 3 people who HAVE become psychologically addicted. This meme needs to fucking die.
Psychological addiction is nothing dude, I'm psychologically addicted to shitposting on 4chan. I won't die or have withdrawal symptoms if I take a day off from it. Your friends have a weed habit because they like it, they can't think of anything better to do, and there's no reason not to do it.

>Actually I find that whatever I'm focusing on seems much more intense, but background stuff is dulled and blurred. So weed is maybe hyper focus for me?
No, that's how it is for most people.

>Well sure there is, but you'd pass out long before you hit the lethal dose of weed. You'd just be too high to stay awake.
If you take a really high dose from edibles or something like that, you won't necessarily pass out. It actually goes into borderline psychedelia.

>>8445291
This is true. For people with a real serious addiction, it's not as simple as just swapping one thing for another. However, this isn't only a thread about alcoholism.
>>
>>8445193
No.

I enjoy the taste of alcohol.
>>
Thing about it is..
People take drugs to self-medicate problems they should be seeking out in prescriptions instead, and whether you think it's "addictive" by which you mean "physically dependent with withdrawal symptoms" is only half of the story.

People who are ADD can abuse drugs to the point of not feeling normal without them. And, those people are the type who live their lives on this 24/7.

People who take too much of this and too often, are known to induce other issues in their lives. Men who procreate on it affect their children for life, and in that way alcohol is safer, than what men pass on No, I'm not sourcing that, go look it up yourself.

Natural doesn't mean it's still not a chemical and should be regulated or even avoided. There is no logic to inhaling particulates, smoke or anything that isn't good clean air. It would be nice if people didn't mess up their lives on it, but if you have any propensity or family connection to people who mess up their lives with drugs or alcohol, don't go here with this either. Never try it once.
>>
nope
>>
>>8445258
Nah, kid.
>>
weed just makes people boring. stoners just sit around. a few drinks make people sociable and confident, increasing ones chances of having sex or meeting interesting new friends.
>>
>>8445269
>no digestive problems
I always have diarrhoea after smoking weed
>>
>>8445294
>>8445299

Very rare.
>>
>>8445320
I believe you're mistaking alcohol for cocaine.
>>
>>8445320
When I get high with friends we talk for hours on end, about stuff we think about, not just stories of what we did last week. With booze we just get louder.
>>
>>8445333
No, I am talking about a few alcoholic drinks.
>>
>>8445342
With a cocaine garnish?
>>
>>8445269

>no hangovers
I don't know a single alcoholic that the idea of a hangover has ever stopped them, and when you drink everyday you stop getting "hangovers".

I don't know how
>no limit to how high you can get
is a plus? The only times I wasn't able to get as drunk as I wanted was because there was no more alcohol to drink. I never wasted booze trying to get to some upper limit of drunk, you just pass out. So I guess if you can smoke ounces of weed at a time without falling asleep or feeling like you're just burning for the sake of burning, and continuing to get higher... that's something.

-your senses stay alert
well, mine don't, and I drink for the exact opposite outcome. I feel a lot more relaxed after a few drinks than smoking

-not addictive
you can tell yourself that, it is wrong, but you can tell yourself that
>>
>>8445348
No.

Generally when we take cocaine things get pretty messy.
>>
>>8445351
>when you drink everyday you stop getting "hangovers".
Ok, kid.
>>
>>8445353
Who is "we"?
>>
>>8445341
>we talk for hours on end, about stuff we think about

maybe so, but in one of your filthy low rent rooms, with no girls present. and no doubt it's all the same shit that no one cares about that you forgot no one cared about the last time.
>>
>>8445359
My friends and I.
>>
>>8445368
Wow those are some hot assumptions, sure you're not projecting some of your own experiences on to me?
>>
>>8445376
But his assumptions are right, yes.
>>
File: image-20161214_104151~2.jpg (1MB, 2703x2627px) Image search: [Google]
image-20161214_104151~2.jpg
1MB, 2703x2627px
>>8445193
I shall continue to smoke my kind bud and not touch the devil's elixir too often
>>
>>8445269

DUDEWEEDLMAO stoner here, not true. When I first started smoking weed, I smoked way too much one time and ended up vomiting and laying on my bed for a good hour feeling like I would die.
>>
>>8445357
drank every day for 8 years
I'd wake up from the shakes and shivers before dawn if I didn't drink enough the night before falling asleep. I wasn't hungover, puking, getting headaches. Drinking constantly, unemployed, for weeks, months, probably years at a time. No, I didn't get hangovers. I am an alcoholic. I wasn't getting trashed at a frat party and bragging about not getting hangovers you little shit, I was telling you that if you are drinking everyday, you don't get hangovers.
>>
>>8445399
Sissy
>>
>>8445413
Incorrect, kid.
>>
>>8445419

you're probably right.
>>
>>8445389
How can you know they're right?
>>
>>8445451
I have a hunch.
>>
File: 1429466067953.png (219KB, 478x470px) Image search: [Google]
1429466067953.png
219KB, 478x470px
Weed is for unmotivated losers.
>>
>>8445329

I don't get this shit.

do you understand what is addiction and what is just a vice?

being psychological addicted is just like being addicted to chocolate ffs.

psychological addiction is keeping eating junk burgers while being 300+ lbs.

psychological addiction is just the same as having a fucking bad habit.
>>
>>8445193
Oh absolutely, I'll switch to the weedstuff that gets you high when you smoke it within the next few years. I get drunk a few times a week, but I don't even think about it if I've got weedstuff
>>
File: 1335629605992.jpg (227KB, 886x646px) Image search: [Google]
1335629605992.jpg
227KB, 886x646px
wine enhances the flavour of good food. does anyone over 18 smoke pots?
>>
In a heartbeat. Weed is better than alcohol in every way, assuming you do edibles.
>>
>>8445419
Actually it's a warning sign that someone is an alcoholic when they stop getting hangovers. It means they'll start getting withdrawls if they go without
>>
>>8445309

>no logic to inhaling particulates, smoke or anything that isn't good clean air

Someone's never had to live in a major city.
>>
>>8445600

I didn't start smoking til I was 20. Only vape and eat edibles now. Anyone who honestly doesn't think weed enhances flavors, can I have some of whatever yer smokin?
>>
>>8445626
I've never had a hangover from the very first time I got drunk to the present so that kills your theory right there.
>>
>>8445654

it enhances the flavour of doritos and mountain pop. as it makes boring things interesting briefly.
>>
>>8445193
I'd probably still do both.
Drinking makes me goofy, weed makes me relaxed.
>>
File: 1476926683633.jpg (29KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
1476926683633.jpg
29KB, 197x190px
>>8445193
I'd still have the occasional beer or two, kinda like I do now

> tfw live in Colorado
>>
>>8445654
>Only vape
enjoy your decreased lung function, fool. Dow Chemical recommends glycols not be inhaled to keep Hollywood workers from suing them such as in fog machines. Who ya going to sue when you make those bad choices for yourself? Just quit taking crap into your lungs. Have you never seen anyone gasping for breath before?
>>
>>8445577
Nonsense.
>>
>>8445193

Weed *is* legal here, and no. Mostly because:

1. The weed-infused drinks they have here are AWESOME as mixers with vodka and club soda

2. The highs are different - I'd rather be drunk with my family than high, because I go into my own head and become too aware of social tension when high

3. I like how beer and whiskey taste
>>
>>8445683

you can vape regular bud, bud
>>
>>8445193
Weed more often than not makes me anxious and is way too intense for me.

Alcohol on the other hand, I've never met anyone who had a bad time purely because of the effects. I know in higher doses alcohol will kill you, but I'm saying one or two drinks to the equivalent amount of weed, more people naturally enjoy alcohol.

I have booze to curb anxiety or have a good time. Weed makes me too in my own head, and I'm way too sensitive to it. If I have too much it's a terrifying time. I'll experiment more when it's legal and I can find a high CBD strain for me.

Basically if it was a replacement for alcohol I would use it but it's not so I don't.
>>
>>8445193
>Would you stop drinking alcohol if weed and weed edibles were legal
fuck no weed is shit and turns people into dick heads.
>>
>>8445269
nearly all of my stoner friends have smoked too much and barfed/become extremely nauseous
>>
>>8445269

I've barfed/passed out from weed, albeit from a very large dose of edibles (1/4oz weed via peanut butter).
>>
DRUGS THAT I'VE TRIED POWER RANKINGS

GOD TIER
>cocaine

HIGH TIER
>mushrooms
>adderall

Mid Tier
>weed (gets worse with age)
>alcohol (would be higher without hangovers)

SHIT TIER
>salvia
>painkillers
>>
Yes, I already smoke instead of drinking, it's much more pleasant in my opinion, especially edibles. When i eat a medicinal edible it's just nice, I usually work or draw when I do, something i can't do while drunk. Getting drunk to me is just something I do at parties because it makes me more outgoing, especially towards women. Weed makes me over analyze things, which is good for work and making things but not so much for flirting, might just be me though.
>>
>>8445577
Not that guy, but psychological addictions are still bad because the thing you are addicted to has negative consequences if done in excess.

E.g. psychologically addicted to eating chocolate will lead to obesity eventually. psychological addiction to weed will lead to a worsened short term memory, lack of motivation (for some people) and can trigger depression in some cases.

Weed is arguably less harmful in excess than booze, as there are barely any physical effects that come with excessive consumption like liver damage. But the mental effects are certainly there in both.

>>8445716
This tbhfamalamazoíds, alcohol is much better for social situations. Easier to control dosage, and easier when everyone else is drinking.
>>
I gave up alcohol once CA made weed somewhat legal.

It's just better.
>>
>>8445193
no because I am not 18
I mean weed should be legal, but I really doubt its legalization would substantially change my life
>>
>>8445193
I prefer alcohol over weed. I don't think it should be illegal but I wouldn't change my drinking habits to make it legal
>>
Weed gives me panic attacks

So no
>>
>>8445193
Nah, I have access to weed whenever I want to and it make me even more introversive and kinda paranoid. I want to do it only with my good friends. Booze I can enjoy with anyone.
>>
>>8445193

Only started drinking because I hit a dry patch, I don't even like drinking just hate being here so I sedate myself so I don't inevitably kill myself, doesn't work as well
>>
>>8445299
>Psychological addiction is nothing dude, I'm psychologically addicted to shitposting on 4chan. I won't die or have withdrawal symptoms if I take a day off from it. Your friends have a weed habit because they like it, they can't think of anything better to do, and there's no reason not to do it.

>Because I work one way, everyone else works this way too!

No you fucking moron, I'm talking psychologically addicted to the point where they steal money from friends and relatives to get their fix. Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.

>>8445294
>pretty different from physical addiction, when your body hurts because you haven't had your daily dose of substance.

Absolutely, but the distinction was not made. The anon asserted that weed isn't addictive, and that's false.
>>
>>8445255
Tbh man it sounds like you genuinely suffer from some kind of disorder/compulsion that makes you seek oblivion. You're right, in that sense, marijuana doesn't deliver the same oblivion you will find in a bottle of booze. But for most people, it's good enough, and the lack of side effects make it preferable. I know I am one of those people
>>
No because weed is for niggers.
>>
>>8446427
I know like 8 black people and none of them smoke weed
>>
Weed loses its magic if you do it all the time, for me anyway
>>
>>8445193
No.
>>
>>8445656

LOL.

You will.
>>
>>8446454

It's a habit common among all negroidal species.
>>
>>8445193
No because it just makes me feel lazy and paranoid. It's absolute shit tier
>>
>>8445193
yes
>>
No i don't need poison to make me stop drinking poison.
Fucking dude weed lmao fucking kys
>>
>>8445255
Yeah I'm like you
Never enjoyed weed at all and I have a relationship with alcohol that's like a really sexy but bad news girlfriend
>>
>>8447037
you sound like an alcoholic
>>
>>8445280
i've never smoked cannabis in my life, but if (you said it, not I, but I agree) that you can get psychologically addicted to anything, then how is it even an argument against it? By that logic, camembert is no better than alcohol because while there are people drinking themselves to death from physical dependence, there might be people psychologically jonesing for a camembert fix.
>>
>>8445193
I wouldn't stop completely but I'd switch my panic button drug from alcohol to weed.
>>
>>8445193
Washingtonfag here.

I spend way less on hard alcohol now that weed is legal. Still buy beer pretty much every week though; but it's because I like the taste.

Didn't smoke or use edibles all that often before it got legalized because it was a hassle and the people dealing around me were always pushing heroin on the people they sold weed to.
>>
>>8445193
I totally would, but I can only have the strains of weed that are relaxing and anxiety-reducing, because I have panic disorder and the other strains make me freak out. Which is one reason why I haven't smoked weed in a decade, and use alcohol to self-medicate and for recreation. Well, I did use alcohol, but I quit a couple weeks ago. Hopefully I'll make it stick.
>>
File: 1456682729015.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1456682729015.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>8445399
>>8445779
>>8445756

Sounds like a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>8445794
>opioids at the bottom
>cocaine abovw amphetamines
>no mention of dissociatives
>psychedelics above anything

Normie list/10 desu
>>
>>8445204
My condolences, your son was hit by a drive by
>>
>>8445193
I drink to make going out tolerable.
I smoke weed to make staying in tolerable.
>>
>>8446419
>Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.

Then weed isn't the problem here.
>>
File: just one more bite couldnt hurt.jpg (114KB, 1390x1076px) Image search: [Google]
just one more bite couldnt hurt.jpg
114KB, 1390x1076px
>>8447078
>psychologically jonesing for a camembert fix
>>
>>8445193

I only really drink for social reasons or when I run out of Acid.
>>
>>8445193
Alcohol > weed imo
If you're gonna smoke something get a good cigar or tobacco for a pipe
>>
>>8445193
I like them both, but I can't do both at the same time. Liquor's taste is so much stronger and more vile when high
>>
if opiates were free then i would never drink
>>
>>8445207
There are strains of weed that make you hyped instead of sedated. You got an indica, you want a sativa.
>>
>>8445193
Definitely, I started vapourising weed at 24. I domt think I've bought a bottle or can of alcohol for myself since then (bar the odd social occasion).

I prefer the feeling it gives me, I don't perform like dogshit if I do something physical the next day and I like the taste of a fresh hit.

If it were legal, id probably cultivate a couple of plants for myself at home. That's probably part of the reason it never will be. God forbid people should have access to their soma without a corporation benefitting from their addiction.
>>
Nope, all of the times where I tried edibles have ended badly.
>>
>>8445193
Yes I would
>>
Well I drink cause brandy is fuckin tasty. Probably wouldn't even smoke weed except to try it. That's just me though.
>>
>>8445193
no itd just make my life more conveninet tho:

during my alcohol tolerance breaks i smoke weed, and during weed tolerance breaks i drink alcohol
>>
>>8445683
Way to fly off the handle but I think anon was talking about vaping weed...In the thread about weed
>>
>>8445193
They'd switch roles for me. Weed would become my main way of getting ducked up and alcohol would be there to enhance it. I'd probably buy nicer alcohol too
>>
>>8445193
No. I am not an alcoholic, and I enjoy drinking as a part of a meal, for the sake of a good drink (like someone opting for a steak instead of some ground beef), that sort of stuff.
The effects of pot are not enjoyable to me and the general culture surrounding it is horrible. >>8447475
While that example is silly in specifying a type of cheese, there are people who get addicted to food. There is a physical component to the addiction, in reward center doping and other similar physiological responses. Compounds in marijuana have more intense psychological effects over a wider array of known receptors.
>>
>>8445193
Yes.
>>
>>8445199
What percent do you allow for your vice budget?
>>
>>8445730
>MFLB
gross dude what are you in high school?
Get a nicer portable or better yet a desktop
>>
I would definitely drink far less
>>
>>8445193

No. I hate weed
>>
That shit's already legal where I live. No, I don't smoke weed, and I almost regret voting in favour of legalisation. There are now dispensaries every fucking block. I thought it was hust coincidence that everyone I know smokes weed, but apparently everyone in state smokes enough weed to create this much fucking demand, and I find that a little worrying. Anyway, no, I don't like weed, I don't think people should be smoking so much of it.
>>
>>8445794
Shit power list. Opioids are God's gift. Especially when combined with alcohol.
>>
>>8445794
Nice list.

Heroin (never again though)>cocaine>aderall>mushrooms>weed

Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, I consider sepperate from these. They are all god tier though.
>>
File: just a normal bunch of bananas.jpg (61KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
just a normal bunch of bananas.jpg
61KB, 960x960px
>>8445794

GOD TIER:
>1P-LSD or pure LSD(though impossible to find)

HIGH TIER:
>Weed
>Shrooms
>Opoids

MID TIER:
>Amphetamines
>Alcohol
>Nitrous Oxide

LOW TIER:
>DXM

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER:
>DPH
>DOC (Seriously, if it's bitter it's a spitter) I spent 4 hours shivering in bed after taking a measly two tabs

Of course, this is all just personal experience
>>
>>8450532
>pure LSD(though impossible to find)
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8450543
Literally nobody is making chemically pure L anymore
>>
>>8450546
it's extremely unlikely that it matters much, LSD is obviously incredibly potent and it is highly unlikely that impurities found in good quality LSD would be active in quantities necessary to impinge upon the experience.
>>
>>8450572
I don't think anyone is even synthesizing it anymore, the last big manufacturer bust was in the 70s afaik and you need expensive lab equipment to create it.

1P-LSD is as close as you can get right now if it's still legal to buy as a research chemical labelled not for human consumption.
>>
>>8445193
That idea doesn't even make sense, weed and alcohol have very different effects.
>>
>>8450585
The Pickard bust is infamous and that was in 2000. There's several large scale manufacturers still active. Until they retired a few years ago I was getting extremely good domestically produced Australian product, though overpriced. It is difficult to synthesise but by no means impossible.
>>
>>8450609
I have never seen it, it's incredibly rare in flyoverland. I only rate it similarly because every 1P-LSD review makes them out to be indistinguishable, and it stands to reason that they would be.
>>
Alcohol gives me neuroinflammation. I wish weed were legal, I would just vape.
>>
>>8445193
I rarely smoke or drink these days, but if became properly legal I'd probably partake daily, if only because I have real bad insomnia and weed lets me sleep soundly whenever I partake.
>>
>>8445193

No. I can get good weed whenever I want but I spent most of my teenage years stoned out of my mind pretty much all day every day. At some point it just stopped being fun and I would start getting a little paranoid and just a boring burned out loser. Sure alcoholism isn't a good substitute but I just can't go back to weed ever again.
>>
>>8446419
>psychologically addicted to the point where they steal money from friends and relatives to get their fix. Its good you're able to have a handle on your willpower, but there are people who don't.
People do this for video games and other dumb shit too. It's a mental habit, wow!
>>
>>8445193
Edibles are nice when they're well made but I wouldn't give up drinking even if marijuana became dirt cheap.

Though alcohol and marijuana aren't really interchangeable for people battling addiction and marijuana has it's own downsides for people who may suffer from mental illnesses. It's important for anyone experimenting with it to actually know if and how differently they function and what particular strains are better for them.

Keeping a mild buzz with edibles might be enough to calm people or make it easier for them to focus on work.
>>
>>8445193
Alcohol is much better than weed. Hangovers are a bummer though.
>>
>>8450628
I wouldn't be inclined to trust an IRL connect unless i knew them well beforehand. obviously there's reagent tests for safety but I wouldn't want to pay street prices for acid and get RCs. I really welcome the added publicly available scrutiny on sellers that darknet markets provide.
>>
>>8450585
1p isn't as close as you can get, you just need to look harder if you want to find lucy. Let me tell you something kiddo........ there is more acid being synthesized right now than there has ever been
>>
I feel like they're complimentary.
Alcohol is nice in social situations, makes those inhibitions go away, but can lead you to do dumb shit you'll regret.
Weed protects you from boredom, makes stuff interesting, but triggers paranoia and self-consciousness.
Together, they let you be relaxed and more clear-minded than one or the other on its own.
I'd rather have a nice J with a big cup of coffee anytime though.
>>
>>8445193
no

because weed is for children
>>
>>8451796
Have you ever tried it, or are you just going on what mommy told you? Say no to drugs my dude :)
>>
>>8445193
I moved to another country a few months ago and since then met people who were really into smoking weed. I have been smoking 4-7 times a week. I have also been drinking in that time and I would say my budget is about 70% alcohol and 30% weed. I prefer alcohol to be honest with you. Getting high is awesome but it's not the same as drinking. There's the whole social aspect, smoking weed is great but many people still are adverse to it and likely will be forever even with weed legalized. Maybe because I grew up on drinking my view is different from possibly the next generation of kids who will be more open to smoking weed from a younger age.
>>
It makes me sad how much hate weed gets because some people have given it a bad rap. I have had chron's since I was 10, I was given weed for the first time around my 26th birthday and it seriously changed my life. Now I can eat food without being in pain and actually enjoy it.
>>
I would certainly drink way less alcohol.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>8445193
I would definitely cut back a lot on the drinking. I just moved to the PNW and am job hunting and I know that I'm gonna be drug tested regardless because of le weed culture bro, so I'm holding off until I get tested. Supposedly once you pass your first test, you're good to go. I was just traveling and I always had some edibles on me when I was cruising around the country. Nothing better than a nice hike after chomping on an edible or 2.

>i miss weed

Also, I've gained weight since I've been drinking more than usual lately since it's so fucking cold this winter and there isn't a lot to do.
>>
>>8445193

No, because you use weed at different occasions than alcohol.
>>
>>8452251
WEED
>>
Weed was great for a year but anymore I just get paranoid as all fuck when I smoke. Not worth it
>>
>>8445193
No. Used to smoke a lot but for the last few years, every time I smoked, I felt sleepy, uncomfortable and paranoid as fuck. Don't really have a desire to use pot anymore
>>
>>8445193
No because weed gives me massive panic attacks.

Shit's not fun, my dudes
>>
>>8452274
LMAO
>>
>>8445207
>>>8445193 (OP)
>nah, I have access to free decent weed but it's just not my thing anymore. I'll take a tasty craft beer over instant dry mouth and sedation anyday

You sound like a noob, what a fucking dbag.

You forgot to add I'll take a hangover and a general shit feeling ETC. Than a dry mouth.

It's 2016, weed doesn't do dry mouth depending and you sound like a cliche tool bag.
>>
>>8451783
>I feel like they're complimentary.
>Alcohol is nice in social situations, makes those inhibitions go away, but can lead you to do dumb shit you'll regret.
>Weed protects you from boredom, makes stuff interesting, but triggers paranoia and self-consciousness.
>Together, they let you be relaxed and more clear-minded than one or the other on its own.
>I'd rather have a nice J with a big cup of coffee anytime though.

True
>>
>>8447503
this but replace alcohol with weed
weed is baby tier drug and I'd rather put my money into LSD
>>
weed is the poorest fucking substitute for booze i have ever encountered

booze at the right dosage turns you into a great conversationalist, makes you brave, tolerant, flexible. it makes you into a fun fucking person to be around.

weed is a temporary lobotomy. the only way you can be entertaining on weed is as a drooling, piteous spectacle. you become uncreative, but you overvalue your creations. you become selfish and scared. you can no longer compete with your friends. it's a fucking nightmare. why do people choose this for themselves?

edibles are ok. that 'body high' feeling is relaxing. but it isn't stimulating (i know booze is a depressant, shut up) the way alcohol is
>>
>>8452463

What if your goal is something totally different than being stimulated?
>>
>>8445193
I can get any kind of weed that I want and I smoke about $50 a week(1/4 oz) and I still cant stop drinking. It certainly helps me drink less and the hangovers/withdrawals are easier to deal with when I have weed to smoke.
>>
>>8452463
you're whole thing about weed is bullshit but whatever. a "lobotomy"...i'll smoke a sativa like jack herer and my mind races with a constant stream of random thoughts, just like drinking a few beers it's good for conversation.
>>
>>8452509
*your
>>
>>8445193
The people ITT who wail and gnash their teeth against marijuana can't break out of the wall of misinformation and propaganda the government has built around it since the 50's. Ironically, many of them are from the right and view the government with skepticism on many other issues. It shows that the right is, to use their own favorite phrase, "cucked" by the govt. and other special interests.
>>
>>8445193
Hell yeah - As i get older my body cant even drink 4 beers with out getting a hangover and throwing up the whole next day...Weed (Pot), I would def switch , as a matter of fact I think I just might do that...Buy me a fat sack for $20-$30 vs spending the same on alcohol that last you 2-3 days..and I mean some good dojah...jejejej
>>
>>8446427
Only acceptable answer
>>
>>8452547

i hate weed and i smoked it heavily for like 5 years when i was fresh out of high school. it just makes you the kind of retard that makes a boogeyman out of the government and uses the word 'cuck'

>>8452509

>a constant stream of random thoughts, just like drinking a few beers

no. a stream of consciousness is not creative, it's just schizophrenia for casuals
>>
>>8452476

as the topic is about substituting weed for alcohol, i think my point stands. yes your goal might be self-stultification but firstly that means it is a poor substitute for weed as per the OP's proposal and secondly why the fuck do you want that? the only similarity it bears to alcohol is the more objectively undesirable result of its consumption
>>
File: 1469310787016.jpg (125KB, 542x530px) Image search: [Google]
1469310787016.jpg
125KB, 542x530px
>>8452633
>no. a stream of consciousness is not creative, it's just schizophrenia for casuals

>a stream of consciousness is not creative, it's just schizophrenia for casuals

No good schizo art out there, nope none at all
It's not like a different thought process would result in unique expressions of ideas or anything
>>
>>8452639

yeah i don't value swirly scrawlings of your unfed cat merchandised onto decorative weed grinders sold at festivals or twelve hours getting to grips with the dorian mode through a wah pedal dude.
>>
File: fe3.gif (208KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
fe3.gif
208KB, 600x543px
>>8445193
>stop drinking because it makes you retarded
>replace it with smoking something that makes you retarded

Sounds like a good plan
>>
>>8452647
How about the best English novel ever written, Ulysses?
>>
>>8452659

>Ulysses
>English
>the product of schizophrenia
>not a highly sophisticated education in classical and Celtic literature
>not fierce anticolonial sentiment and passionate self-examination
>not a scat fetish
>>
>>8452709
And stream of consciousness
>>
The only thing that stops me nearly vomting when brushing my teeth in the morning, stinking of booze and having liver pains is having a couple of joints after everyone goes to bed. If it wasn't frowned upom I would still drink but it would be a more socially normal amount and I would get more sleep to boot
>>
>>8445269
>no hangovers
Jelly brain is a very real thing though. I've passed out after smoking too many times to not believe in some form of weed "hangover"
>no digestive problems
Except if you smoke too much and vomit (never happened to me, but I've come close)
Sounds like someone's never been greened out. For those of you wondering what I mean, I mean you can get black-out high after smoking too much.
>>
>>8445193
I prefer the feeling of alcohol to the feeling of weed, so no.
>>
No. Weed has never had an effect on me except for the one time I tried edibles at which point it fucked me up beyond belief and I was in this trance like state for a good 18 hours. Plus I've seen how weed kills your motivation
>>
>>8453378
>greening out
what a new blood
>>
>>8452715

on behalf of the characters. not the author. the author is thinking rationally.
>>
>>8453378
you sound like a pussy, dude
>>
>>8452633
>a stream of consciousness is not creative

didn't mention anything about creativity, it's just more enjoyable being around people that throw out random thoughts in a conversation. i've been around certain potsmokers that wouldn't drink and they're boring and they never say a word.
>>
>>8454224

That depends entirely on the person, as well as what sort of pot they smoked.

I often get VERY talkative if I've smoked. I'll ramble on and on.
>>
>>8454251
The only problem with that is the weed doesn't magically cure you of being a narcissistic douchebag that ramble on and on to near strangers about your retarded "thoughts" or the banal minutia of your stupid life.

Which is the type of person you are if you get that way on weed.
>>
>>8445193

It's legal where I live.

The answer is "no". Now I just get really high and drunk.
>>
No, I live in Michigan where medical marijuana is legal and isn't hard to obtain, I also was a big pothead in my teens but quit smoking some years ago

I am however an alcoholic, I drink every night, the effects of weed and alcohol are very different for me, weed enhances anxiety, paranoia, and makes it hard to focus thoughts....which are all things I have huge problems with already when I'm sober, so weed is just not good for me

Alcohol however pretty much solves all these issues for me....slows down my thoughts so I'm not thinking so frantically, loosens my inhibition so I feel less anxious about things, and like I said just generally slows down my thought process which is fairly manic otherwise, so less of that pesky old paranoia that often comes when you have 5000 thoughts racing through your head per second
>>
>>8454883
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get real medication for your problems?
>>
>>8445735
Same. I get anxious and paranoid on weed and the feeling doesn't go away for hours.

I'd much rather drink.
>>
>>8445324
Weed dehydrates you. Drinking plenty of water while your high will decrease your chance of having the shits afterwards
>>
>>8445329
My S/o was psychologically addicted. It's not that rare especially for people who are prone to addiction (with anything not just weed or alcohol)
>>
>>8454893
Not that guy, but after being driven mad by weed, I'm now paranoid about other drugs and what they might do to my mind. Alcohol is what was immediately available when I began suffering due to weed, so it's what I used, and I became accustomed to its soothing effects.

Better the devil you know I guess.
>>
>>8454893
Maybe they should stop taking ethanol then it be cheap af
>>
>>8454893
>>8454936
*Taxing
>>
they should just stop taxing everything, that will solve all our problems.
>>
>>8445193
Alcohol is more fun and feels better to me, but I do love getting crossfaded
>>
>>8454970
The only thing worse than getting too high is being high and drunk
>>
>>8454979
That's why you don't get too much of either
I got drunk with edibles and thought I was gonna die before purging all over myself in a vegetative state
Would not recommend drinking with edibles at all
>>
>>8454979
once rolled a joint for a party that ended up not happening, left it in my cigarette case.
later that week smashed a whole bottle of bourbon and lit up, thinking it was just a regular cigarette.

couldnt be too bad I thought.

pretty much felt like brian's mushroom trip on famiy guy, in between hurling my guts up.
>>
>>8454968
Taxes are theft
>>
>>8445193
i already rarely drink
i probably wouldnt stop competely though
>>
>>8445193
Potheads and niggers with their """""weed-culture""""" ruined marijuana for me permanently.
>>
>>8455063
don't be such a cuck that you let others dictate your tastes in such a way
problem solved
>>
No, I would never trade drinking, something I don't really do all that often, for weed. Mostly because I hate hanging out with all my friends/roomates when they are high. There is also the reason that I don’t think I could even if I wanted to, the smell of it makes me physically ill, how do you stand it?

Anyway, as the often only sober one in the house I have to deal with people who are high all the time. It is not fun. One of them gets moody and tries to pick fights or a holier then you attitude that is just unpleasant to be around. I got yelled at because I shut the door behind them after they finished smoking outside and it was hot. I don’t care if my roomates smoke, I do care when the whole house smells like weed, including my room, when the smell makes me feel ill.

Maybe it is just me, but I just hate being around people who are high. Bad experiences sitting next to the stoner kids in class, and bad experiences with high roomates.

I do believe from what I have seen, they are both very mentally addicted to it, to the point where they don’t believe they can really have fun without being high. Not really all that bad, but it just seems kinda sad to me. Is that really the only way they can feel like they are having a truly good time?

Also, thisnis just personal, but they continue to buy around 150 dollars worth of weed every week instead of getting one of their dogs fixed. I also hate dog pee and marking in the kitchen.

Maybe it is just the people I am around, but I have yet to have a positive, or even neutral really, experience with weed. So no, even if the smell didn't make me want to vomit, I would not trade booze for weed.
>>
I might hand in my prostate massagers and stop chasing my cat so much.
>>
no

thats like suggesting I stop eating chocolate just cause theres a new taco place opening up across the street
>>
>>8445193
more like i'd stop being a piece of shit and get a better job lol

i'd join the military if they'd stop being a bunch of dress wearing FAGGOTS and let a man SMOKE ON THE GOD DAMN JOB
>>
No I work in a brewery and love beer plus I already can smoke as much as I want medically. I have significantly cut down on my drinking and hard liquor usage
>>
>>8445193
Yeah sure, when I smoke I don't want to drink alcohol. I'm not sure if I'm an alcoholic but I'm really bored when I'm sober and alone so I drink or I smoke weed, smoking is clearly better than drinking and I can feel it.
>>
>>8445193
Absolutely
>>
>>8445193

> using weed
> drinking alcohol

Feels good not having vices.
>>
>>8445683
Retard. I'd understand you being confused about terminology if this thread wasn't actually about smoking weed.
>>
>>8450745
Stealing to support something that should be peripheral like gaming is unhealthy. It's more than a "mental habit", you seem to be maniupulating terminology to avoid facing that addictions which aren't physical can be dangeous.
>>
No, weed is trash compared to alcohol
>>
Weed and alcohol are two different things

Just stop
>>
>>8453125
So the people you're living with find smoking more objectionable than drinking enough to stink of it and puke every morning? This is surprising.

Also, the weed probably doesn't stop you from reeking.
>>
It's gonna be -10C when I'm out from work and going home. The 200ml of vodka tucked in my jacket pocket will keep me warm over the hour or so it takes. I'd have to light a campfire of weed to get similar effect.
>>
I already consume edibles, though it's more of a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of deal. The guy that makes them is really into strengthening the recipe to diabolical levels... so much so that he's attempted to make a cookie that was 8x the strength of a regular edible.

As far as smoking it, I'm opposed to inhaling hot smoke, no matter what it contains.
>>
>>8445214
I would. I don't know any hookups and am too lazy to find one. I wouldn't quit drinking though. Smoking and then have a pale ale is a pretty great combo.
>>
>>8455873

>Smoking and then have a pale ale is a pretty great combo

>smoking then drinking

I recommend doing the opposite. When you're high, it's hard to gauge exactly how drunk you are and it's easy to over-do it. Try drinking two beers THEN smoking. That's a more pleasurable high.
>>
>>8455959
>it's hard to gauge exactly how drunk you are and it's easy to over-do it.

Yes, that's true. But perhaps anon already knows his tolerance, hence why he said *A* pale ale, as in singular.

I really hate it if I happen to overdo the alcohol while I'm high. But I've learned that I can handle two "standard drinks" and be fine. So I'll pour myself a drink using a shotglass to measure the liquor, or I'll grab a maximum of two beers. I know that if I stick to that "two" limit I won't feel sick.
>>
>>8445193
Booze is perfect for me. It keeps shit from bothering me, I become a more talkative person, I get funnier, I stop feeling anxiety and have the oppurtunity to truly relax. Weed on the other hand isn't. It affects me way more than other people and I get super paranoid/anxious on it, though Sour Diesel actually makes me all giggly, talkative, and non axious.
>>
>>8456219

>Sour Diesel

>giggly, talkative, and non anxious

That may be because SD is a sativa, which is typically associated with a "head high", which makes me talkative as well.

It's odd that one strain in particular doesn't affect you, but I've heard weirder cases.

There's a distinct possibility that you had some really high-grade stuff in the past and it spurred a negative reaction. I typically smoke mid-grade sativas so I'm not entirely incapacitated and can enjoy myself an hour later without feeling too high
>>
>>8455959
I only have one or two. Not an alcohol by any means so I have self control
>>
>>8456059
Mom?
>>
>>8456219
>Booze is perfect for me. It keeps shit from bothering me, I become a more talkative person, I get funnier, I stop feeling anxiety and have the oppurtunity to truly relax
I am you three years later. Please stop.
>>
>>8456415
I actually only mostly have had brick weed in the past but like I said it affects me way more than other people. It only takes a speck of Sour Diesel to get me high for example.
>>
>>8456731

Hmm. Well, no harm in avoiding it, then. Sorry to hear there isn't higher quality bud nearby
>>
>>8447448
the driver was an alcohol
>>
>>8445280
[Citation needed]

>anecdotally
Well, thats like your opinion man.
>>
I haven't smoked in probably a decade, and would like to try it again. But, I've always worked in industries with strict anti-drug policies (crane operator in a port), and I'm not blowing my job with banana sandwich pay for a high.
>>
>>8457249
No, it's someone elses opinion. Who's opinion do you think it would be, retard?
>>
>>8445193
I seriously only like Weed in edibles. I use to take Weed Oil and cook regular food with it. And that was awesome. Smoking weed though fucking sucks. It leaves you with a smell, (YES there is a fucking noticeable smell you pot heads quit for 1 week and you will see) And if you smoke it, last for like one hour or 2 if you smoke 2 grams. Its just a waste. now cooking with it its totally fine and should be legal. None of that disgusting smoker smell and i find it more of a relaxing fun high as opposed to people who smoke and constantly worry about who is watching them and become paranoid fuckers.
>>
>>8452442
>noob
>dbag
Stop
Also I'm not gonna speak for him but I do not get hangovers because I don't drink to get drunk. I only drink alcohol that tastes good and I like. The alcohol buzz is just a plus.
>>
>smoked weedprobably on 20 occasions
>always have asthma attack at some point into a session and pass out
>wake up high
It was cool until a year ago when I took a really nasty harsh hit and had to be hospitalized because the asthma attack was so severe.
Guess weed just doesn't like me
>>
>>8445193
Would only drink few beers then.
>>
File: 1.jpg (13KB, 367x276px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
13KB, 367x276px
>>8460194
I get hangover even from few beers, it fucking sucks
>>
>>8460211
try small hits from e-pen weed if you are in legal place or edibles, that asthma stuff has to do with your lungs & smoking. Also even small hit from e-pen gets you baked af.
>>
>>8445193
I'd certainly drink less, but I'd still enjoy a cold one once in a while.
Can't wait for the inevitable legalisation of weed.
>>
File: 1382054951141.jpg (151KB, 456x502px) Image search: [Google]
1382054951141.jpg
151KB, 456x502px
D U D E
U
D
E

W E E D
E
E
D

B E E R
E
E
R
>>
>drinking to get drunk
>Not drinking because you love the taste of what you drink
I love my stouts and porters, and I like a certain level of "buzzed" that I can maintain, which is something with marijuana I cannot do

I smoked heavily on a daily basis for years, and now weed of any strain or type (indica/sativa/high end/THC) gives me anxiety. People don't realize that weed is NOT for every body, and it's my honest opinion that long term use is more damaging than people are aware of.

Alcohol use is fine in moderation, just like marijuana. But you are highly unlikely to find a marijuana user that does so in moderation.
>>
File: 1381266297820.jpg (39KB, 460x391px) Image search: [Google]
1381266297820.jpg
39KB, 460x391px
>>8460252
Everything in moderation, even pizza.
>>
>>8460252

I buy an eighth of an ounce of weed at a time and it lasts me about six months. Most smokers I know go through that amount in a week or less. I just rarely feel like getting high but it's nice to be able to when I do feel like it.

Alcohol has always been a very different story but I'm even getting a little tired of it. I don't often drink alone anymore and it I do it's just one or two beers.
>>
>>8445193
I'd probably start to drink again if weed was legalised
nothing like a guiness after a bowl
>>
>>8460287
I buy a quarter a week dude
>>
>>8460323
After a real long time or you store it poorly, yeah. Too moist and it molds, too dry and it goes up like dry brush
>>
>>8450532
ALD-52 is better
>>
>>8445193
>not that I'm an alcoholic.
I've got some bad news for you anon...
Al/ck/ reporting denial spotted.
>>
>>8451696
I agree. Most labs nowadays aren't large scale like Pickard's was. There's an entire black market in place for obtaining the lysergamide necessary for manufacturing lsd. It's quite popular in Colorado.
>>
>>8445193
Yes.

The only reason I don't smoke marijuana instead of drinking beer on Friday night is because I get drug tested at work.
>>
>>8460804
it's the only reason I chose to go to college for another two years instead of into the workforce
>>
>>8445320
I like weed but this is so true. I don't want to be around anyone when I smoke, I just want to eat food and go to sleep. Alcohol is much more fun
>>
Nah, weed sucks. Alcohol's not much better. Opiates and psychedelics are amazing, but you can't use them too often if you want a decent life.

But yeah--occasional opiates and psychs>>>>>>>>>any combination of alcohol and literally high school: the drug
>>
>>8445193
I don't give a single fuck about weed, so I'd continue drinking my wine and beer exactly the same.
>>
>>8452463
I think this is mostly true, but that stuff about weed is enjoyable if you have a certain state of mind, which I was only in as a teen. Could never enjoy it after 19-20.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.