[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've got an idea to make a tangy brisket (about 3-4 lbs),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1084758.jpg (57KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1084758.jpg
57KB, 560x315px
So I've got an idea to make a tangy brisket (about 3-4 lbs), but id like some input if possible.

-Rub on some salt and fresh pepper to start.

-Chop up some sweet onion and garlic cloves to layer the bottom of an appropriate dish, and pour in a bottle of bourbon

-For the wet rub/sauce, i want to use sugar, basil, tomato sauce (or ketchup, chili sauce, and some ceyenne pepper for a small spicy kick.

What do you think?
>>
Bump?
>>
>>8440398
skip the salt
replace the tomato sauce with milk
you're good to go
>>
>>8440398

maybe add some acid
>>
>>8440398
Rub it down with a mixture of a McChicken sandwich; the best fast-food sandwich in my humble opinion, hot fresh fries and an ice cold Coca Cola™
>>
>>8440637
This is a food thread. Go back to 420chan
>>
>>8440398
>pour in a bottle of bourbon
lol
>>
>>8440398
I've only ever smoked them and I'm a minimalist on my dry rub using salt, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder and ancho chili powder. Your rub seems a bit sparse. I would add a few other spices.
>>
>>8441003
This. If you want a "tangy" tasting brisket. Your wet rub is going to need some Apple Cider Vinegar and you may want to consider adding some dried orange/lemon peel to your rub to give it a citrusy kick. Definitely add some Paprika too, it really brings out the flavor of the beef.

Judging by your ingredients, you're going to be braising this guy or slow cooking it? If so you shouldn't need a whole bottle of bourbon, that's going to completely overpower the taste of the brisket if you're going to be braising it in that. I'd cut that amount in half at least and put the rest with water, or however much liquid you need to have a 1/4" covering the bottom of your cooking pan.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.