[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im going to the grocery store tomorrow. what are some dirt cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
im going to the grocery store tomorrow. what are some dirt cheap ingredients i should buy? i enjoy buying random stuff just to see what i can do with it/what it tastes like but i wanna know if you guys know any secret, often overlooked things with easy recipes

im thinking about getting bok choy or okra because theyre on sale this week. dont really know what to make with either other than frying/saute and toss them into something
>>
>>8436502
Bok choy is a good choice. Sautee it with some fresh grated ginger, soy sauce and minced garlic and you have an easy side
Okra and tomatoes is nice, as would be an okra stew of some sort

It really depends on how cheap the proteins at your supermarket are
>>
>>8436502
If its available where you are, blood sausage is usually not super expensive and you can make some tasty stuff with it.
>>
>>8436535
you made me realize im out of ginger, thanks

>>8436579
they do have blood sausage. ill get some. are you supposed to use it as meat in soup/pasta/whatever or is it supposed to be eaten as is?
>>
>>8436625
Blood sausage is used for breakfast a lot. Fried with a couple runny eggs.
>>
>>8436502
Okra is a great ingredient and a natural thickener. Great in a chicken and sausage gumbo. Boiled with salt and pepper, add a lil vinegar if you don't like the slime. Fried with cornmeal or fish fry mix, cornmeal gives it a nice bite. I also make a variation on maque choux with extra tomatoes and add okra.
>>
>>8436644
I love blood sausage so much, but it's not very common in the US. There's a couple specialty sausage shops in my city where I can get German stuff like blutwurst and weisswurst and stuff, traditionally made. But it's a bit of a drive. They've made for some of my more memorable breakfasts though.

>>8436625
Depends on the type of blood sausage. There are larger ones that are kind of like bologna or braunschweiger that you can slice and eat on bread or in a sandwich. Most are pretty good fried with typical breakfast foods (fried potatoes, etc.)
>>
sorry guys its 5 degrees its too cold to go to the grocery store
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.