[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does ANYONE drink beer unironically? I'm not baiting for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 24

File: 102840294-white-ipa.530x298.jpg (34KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
102840294-white-ipa.530x298.jpg
34KB, 530x298px
Does ANYONE drink beer unironically? I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable. Why the fuck is everyone that is a beer snob such a contrarian piece of shit?

Why would anyone drink piss and get fat over taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit? Defend yourself, beer-drinkers.
>>
>>8435773
>I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable

You need to be 18 to post on this board. Come back when you try something more than pbr or bud light
>>
>blah, blah, blah, you need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>8435773
You can't keep a continuous buzz and drink all day with your friends if you're doing shots. Even cocktails tend to either be too sweet to drink continuously for hours or they're too strong and you get too drunk.

Also sometimes its nice to just get buzzed instead of completely fucked up underage ban.
>>
I drink beer because I think it tastes good. Different people have different tastes.
>>
>taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit?

Agree but I'm an alcoholic
>>
kys retard
[spoiler]beer tastes good, you have a child's palate[/spoiler]
>>
>>8435773

Your post is unironic.

Wait I'm using the wrong word.

Your post is SHIT.
>>
File: 1480867458050.jpg (91KB, 579x610px) Image search: [Google]
1480867458050.jpg
91KB, 579x610px
>>8435787
This, beer is fun for social drinking and pacing yourself especially if you need to drive home later and sober up kinda quick. You just need to find a good beer and not drink the cheapest thing because you can get more out of it.

If I am crashing at someones house or ubering somewhere from a bar/club than I do liquor.
>>
I drink beer because I like bread but hate chewing
>>
>>8435773
its k op, i remember when I was retarded too
>>
>>8435806
dumb animeposter
>>
>>8435813
At least I can drink a beer OP without acting like a whiny bitch.
>>
>>8435817
>i drink shit and pretend to like it to virtue signal to my friends how cool I am
I pity you desu
>>
>>8435806
>drive home later and sober up kinda quick
i somehow get the feeling that burgers drive drunk all the time. but then again, your beer is closer to water than to real beer
>>
>>8435773
shit, how do i downvote on this app
>>
Drink a DIPA from Treehouse and you too will drink beer unironically
>>
Beer tastes good with rich greasy food like pizza, burritos or fried chicken.
>>
>>8435824
.08 is the legal limit in all states but Arizona where they basically can do you in for .01
>>
>>8435824
Isn't all of your beer like 3.5% abv
>>
>>8435773
I'm not a beer snob and drink beer because I genuinely enjoy it. I'll drink any sort. I usually buy inexpensive brands like Narragansett and find that it makes certain meals immeasurably better (especially spicy foods). I usually only drink a can or a pint at a time.
>>8435773
>taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit
I don't like liquor and get enough of a relaxed feeling from wine or beer and can get drunk enough on those if that's my intention because since I drink moderately I have a low tolerance.
>>
>>8435849
regular beer in my country has 4.8 or 4.9
>>
>>8435854

Regular beer in 'murrica is around 7%.
>>
>>8435872
No it isn't
>>
>>8435872
regular beer is 5%, though higher ABV isn't exactly hard to find
>>
>>8435872
no it isn't it's usually 4.5-5.5%, IPA's are usually 7%+, malt liquor is 8.1%+
>>
>>8435881

IPAs ARE regular beer in 'murrica.
>>
>>8435894
No, they aren't. They are IPA's unless you live in the north east(above NY) where everyone calls IPA's beer.
>>
File: St Arnold Lawnmower.jpg (76KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
St Arnold Lawnmower.jpg
76KB, 570x855px
Post elite beers to BTFO OP
>>
>>8435773
you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>8435773
>this shit is completely unpalatable

most people don't think that. in fact I think most people would find drinking a beer much more palatable than taking a shot of liquor, like you recommend. most people aren't college/high school students.
>>
>>8435824
>American beer is bad
I bet this Eurofag still makes Ethiopia is starving jokes too

Update your 10+ year old jokes
>>
>>8436006
This

Texas beer alone has far surpassed German beer
>>
>>8436017
shut the fuck up
>>
File: Texas.png (27KB, 819x875px) Image search: [Google]
Texas.png
27KB, 819x875px
>>8436048
>>
>>8436048
Hey Achmed isn't drinking haram there in germany?
>>
>>8436017
Please obtain a passport, if the US still permits free travel, and try just a handful of european beers, not even the hundreds that exist, and still say that with a straight face.
>>
>>8435773
Some beer is shit.

Some beer is delicious.

The right flavour profile and bitterness can be enjoyable just the same as spicy food can be enjoyable.
>>
This is every teenager's thought process when they taste beer for the first time. Don't worry, youll grow out of it
>>
File: fedora2.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
fedora2.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>I enjoy the hoppy bitterness of an IPA
>>
File: 1482939022300.png (81KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
1482939022300.png
81KB, 409x406px
>>8436190
>I bought serria nevada of 12pack cans!
>>
>>8435813
he might be a dumb animeposter but he's actually right

>>8435872
IPA's tend to clock in around that range unless they're classified as session ales. I drink a pretty good amount, 7% is enough to make anyone but the hardest alcoholics catch a buzz
>>
File: vomit1.jpg (17KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
vomit1.jpg
17KB, 500x333px
>>8435773
>Blue Moon
>like beer except it's for faggots
>>
File: 1457041435586.jpg (213KB, 670x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457041435586.jpg
213KB, 670x720px
>Get spoiled on family friends homebrewed stuff and various craf tbeers
>Can't drink A@B/Coors if you paid me to do it

I j-just really like the taste of IPAs no fedora tipping.
>>
>>8435773
When you grow up, or become less of a vagina you'll learn how to drink.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (93KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
93KB, 500x422px
>>8435806
>social drinking
>fun
Since when were normies allowed on this board?
>>
>>8436313

>leaving the house
>sober
>picking one
>>
>>8436313
>thread about drinking
>calling other people normies

OP do you happen to be upset
>>
>>8435773
I love the taste. And drinking a bunch of beers alone at home makes you feel like less of an alcoholic. And, if you happen to be with people, the process of getting drunk is just as much fun if not more as being drunk.

>Why would anyone drink piss and get fat over taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit?
>taking a shot
>getting drunk
?
>>
>>8436342
>And drinking a bunch of beers alone at home makes you feel like less of an alcoholic

If anything it is the opposite, 1 bottle of liquor > XX many beer cans to throw out
>>
>>8436350
returning crates of beer is a very normal thing to do where I live

also, I do sometimes switch it up with wine or hard liquor, but not too often
>>
>>8436342
While we're at it, it's also much more socially acceptable to go to a pub alone to sit on the bar and drink beers (and maybe have some dinner) rather than start pounding shots.
>>
>>8436357
Weird, here it is kinda looked at weirdly to do that.

>>8436370
Same, going to a bar for some beers or a mixed drink is more acceptable than getting shots(unless you are with people)
>>
>>8436377
well I live in Bavaria, a beer country if there ever was one
>>
>>8435773

You probably have a childs palate. And I am not even a stuck up "sophisticated" faggot hipster I hate people who go out of their way to make the impression that they are somehow superior because they can combine expensive or obscure ingredients and eat them/like them or pretend to like them. No. Part of being an adult is have the maturity to have a somewhat open mind and try different things. Over time you find things you will like. Sometimes you will discover an ingredient you dislike but then if you're not a fucking child, try it again when it is made using a different method or combined with other ingredients and maybe you will discover that it is actually decent and grow to like it. Beer has been around for centuries and there are many varieties. I love many different types of beer like stouts but dislike others. I tried many different types until I found the ones I really like, but even the ones I didn't like I tried again after a while and surprise, surprise, I thought some of them were actually decent. Do you pick off the mushrooms and green peppers from your pizza because mom didn't order meat lovers with double cheese and ranch?
>>
>>8435773
Does ANYONE reply to this thread unironically??

Fucking losers. Sage.
>>
>>8436426
>my thread didn't go as expected
>>
>>8436426

lol triggered
>>
>>8435915

>empty bottles
>dirty paper plates
>on an air hockey table

We've all had some good beers, anon. That image isn't exactly flattering.
>>
Yes you fucking reddit-browsing faggot
>>
I love beer, it'a my drink of choice when I go out.

I drink some cocktails too, especially in the summer
>>
/ck/, do you judge me for drinking pale ale?
>>
>>8436807
What? That's a great choice, it's like less intense IPA basically
>>
>>8436807
Only if you drink it from a can
>>
>>8435773
>>8435773
>Defend yourself, beer-drinkers.

Sure. You're a faggot. I'm not. How's that, faggot?
>>
>>8436813
I don't know much about beer, so I just assumed it was weak or something. I pretty much just found something I liked and stuck with it
>>
>>8436821
Nah, I get it in the bottle. Either Sierra Nevada or a local brew called Boulevard
>>
>>8436823
No, it's really only American Adjunct Style Lager that beer snobs look down on
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (15KB, 334x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
15KB, 334x269px
>>8435773
>Not drinking Piss
>>
What do you think of Sam Adams Boston Lager?

I know some look down on it because it's a macro, but I actually think it's really good.
>>
File: Alesmith-IPA-6-Packs[1].jpg (2MB, 3865x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Alesmith-IPA-6-Packs[1].jpg
2MB, 3865x3600px
>>8436807

One of my most recent favorite beers is a basic IPA; pic related.

This stuff is dangerously good. I could throw back a couple six packs like it's nothing. Highly recommended.
>>
>>8436890
Looks like it's not available in my state
>>
>>8436894

Bummer.

Where you at?
>>
Is Lagunitas Brown Shugga good?
>>
>>8435821

Wtf does beer have to do with your new buzzword faggot?
>>
>>8435831

I agree with this statement.
>>
Tons of beers are flippin delicious.
IPAs are indeed for tryhard losers.
It's like babby's first pot of chili - so much heat it's useless, in order to show off how "badass" your lousy recipe is. Dumb tryhards make inedible/undrinkable crap.
IPAs are the same thing for hops. "Look how much I can overbitter this until its undrinkable. I'm uh MAN."
>>
IBUs over 60 mean you have failed at life.
>>
>>8436971
I personally enjoy IPAs, among many other styles
>>
>>8435773
Stupid normie bullshit
>>
>>8436971

So, you don't actually know anything about beer? Okay...
>>
>>8436971

Strap in mate, you're gonna get 30 identical "I actually like IPA's" replies from gays that pretend to like IPA's to seem cool
>>
>>8436991
So you don't like to taste any of the other ingredients in your beer besides MEMEHOPS?
Okay...
>>
>>8436299
Eventually you come back around to appreciating both.
>>
File: Amadeus mediocrities.png (1MB, 1366x770px) Image search: [Google]
Amadeus mediocrities.png
1MB, 1366x770px
>>8437009

Beer is a balance of hops and malts, brought out by the specific character of the yeast used to ferment it.

If you don't like hops you don't like beer. End of story.
>>
>>8437043
Exactly. I like hops. But I also like the malt, I also like the yeastiness. Those are lost in the muddled abomination known as IPA, "beloved" by sad tryhards.
>>
File: marv.jpg (50KB, 1015x578px) Image search: [Google]
marv.jpg
50KB, 1015x578px
>>8437004
I actually like them, especially amber IPAs
Goes great with hot wings and blue cheese
>>
>>8437043
Well some/many beers don't have a noticeable or prominent taste of hops at all
>>
>>8437046

Drink better beer. Or rather, maybe you live somewhere that has to import all their decent beer and everything hop forward arrives past it's expiration date.

A quality IPA should have a balance of hops and malts. If your experience is overwhelmingly that the hops dominate the flavor of every IPA you've tried it sounds like you've been drinking beer that isn't fresh, or just isn't very good. IPAs aren't like hot sauces, where people just try to test their manliness by searching out the beers with the highest IBUs possible. Usually a higher IBU will coincide with a higher ABV, which means a higher level of fermented sugars, i.e. hops. They may be "big beers", but they're still balanced out between the hops and malts. When a hoppy beer isn't fresh the flavor goes flat and the bitterness tends to overdominate all other flavors, which I believe is the main reason people (incorrectly) have a negative idea about hop heavy beers.

People who enjoy IPAs also enjoy other styles; IPAs just pack more flavor into the beer without using wild yeasts or adjuncts, and are therefore beloved by brewers and beer lovers for their purity - not because of "muh hops".
>>
>>8437078

>i.e. hops

Meant to say malts.
>>
I've never had a beer that didn't make me borderline gag. It's probably genetic like that cilantro phenomenon. To some people it tastes like soap, to others it tastes heavenly.
>>
>>8435773
BEER
AND
WINGS
>>
Beer is awful and people get mad when you say that because they get scared of being exposed as a fraud. Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk. You're not more cultured because you drink beer, no matter what your local craft beer loving friends tell you.
>>
I don't drink. At all.
What's a good place to start?
>>
>>8435773
I'm an alcoholic so I don't give a shit

beer is delicious and I'm a fat fuck so fuck it we all die someday
>>
>>8437338
liquor cabinet
>>
>>8437332
>Beer is awful and people get mad when you say that because they get scared of being exposed as a fraud. Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk. You're not more cultured because you drink beer, no matter what your local craft beer loving friends tell you.

I'm too old to care about being a "fraud" and too pretentious to care about being pretentious.

but honestly I just like the way IPAs taste and their ABV. I only drink IPAs.

it's funny because people like you think I'm trying to act cultured yet the real beer folks probably think I'm an idiot for just drinking IPAs.

oh well. it's what I like buying.

PS if you go around saying stuff like "beer is unpalatable" the first thought that comes to my mind is "this guy must not have gone to college." I mean how do you go through undergrad without developing some affinity for beer? probably not possible.
>>
>>8437332
>Drink water for hydration and take shots to get drunk.

lol I don't understand how this works in practice. let's say you're at the bar with friends. or some kind of work get-together. or whatever kind of get together at the bar that we find ourselves in sometimes... you just order a shot every once in awhile while everyone sips their beer, wine, and mixed drinks?

I just ask because I find myself in situations like that where it wouldn't really be appropriate at all to take shots.
>>
>>8436313
go back to /r9k/ faggot
>>
>>8437577

Then instead of shooting the liquor, just order it "on the rocks" or in some other form that you can sip it.

It's not the "Shot" that's the key point here, it's the "liquor". If you don't want it in a shot-glass then just sip it instead.
>>
>>8437601

well homey specifically said "take shots" and not drink liquor, but whatever.
>>
File: cancer.png (562KB, 1903x1833px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
562KB, 1903x1833px
>>8436313
Since when was Reddit allowed on this board?
>>
I'm one of those few people who don't drink for the buzz; I drink (occasionally) because I actually enjoy the flavor of some beers, mostly dark ones.
>>
beer tastes terrible and is best used in pies. non alcoholic beer is nice though
>>
>>8435773
I'd be willing to bet you didn't like vegitables as a kid. If you aren't a pathetic man child, which you'd have a hard time convincing that you aren't, you should enjoy them by now.

Same goes for beer, no matter who you are, if you don't drink it, you aren't going to like it. As your taste acclimates you start to appreciate the subtleties in flavor amongst beers respective classifications.

Not ALL beer is good bit it really depends on your own tastes. I don't like certain IPAs or pale ales because the hoppes can be a little overwhelming to me but I like them more when they have just a hint of hoppes and have more of a wheat or citrus taste.

Don't knock it until you've genuinely tried it.
In regards to getting drunk, there's plenty of beers that taste good that will knock you on your ass. But, you know, just like the vegetables, you have to be an adult before you can learn to apriciate the flavor.
>>
>>8436017
California beer > Texas beer
>>
>>8437710
Virginia Beers > California Beers
>>
>>8437760
Wanna trade some beers?
>>
>>8436072
>hundreds
MommaMia! I've never heard of so many beers!

Meanwhile that doesn't even cover the breweries we have in New England.

Get over it, eurocuck. America has the best beer in the world.
>>
>>8435773
It's unironically an acquired taste; like wine or spirits.

I see how if you're new to beer it'll taste like grain water. Same way if you're new to spirits it will just taste like burning, and if you're new to wine it'll taste like shitty grape juice.

Each style of beer has something to appreciate, and if you want something smooth, uncomplicated, go for light beer.
>>
>>8437760
Oregon Beers > Virginia Beers
>>
>>8437823
>hundreds

That's referring to styles of beer, not individual beers, you uneducated hillbilly.
>>
>>8435773

Because you will never taste them all, that's the magic.

IPA/APA (single/multi hop), belgian dubbel/trippel/quad, fruit beers, geuze, pilsner, trapist, amber lager, stout, porter....

Try again, faggot.
>>
>>8437332
U r a faget
>>
>>8437685
Since about 2010
>>
>>8437569
I liked beer since I was 14. By 15 I was experimenting with craft beers.
>>
>>8437877
I actually liked beer ever since the first time I drank one.

I can see it being an acquired taste but I can't see an adult not liking beer at all, that's a little manchild-y in my opinion.
>>
How good are your local bars when it comes to tap beers?
>>
>>8438301
It depends, I usually go to pubs where they have like 10 or more taps with different styles and they are most of the time excellent quality.
>>
>>8435773
99% of all alcohol I drink is beer.
Just stay away from the meme beers like IPA and the shit that should have never been approved for public sale like Heineken.
>>
Beer is a much more pleasant drink overall. You can take your time and savor it over a decent amount of time, or you can power-chug it (not recommended).

Also,
>getting drunk
isn't always the end goal unless you're white trash or a complete fuccboi
>>
Beers can be enjoyable, although double IPAs and other memery seem like a dick waving contest
>>
>>8438338
well I love the taste of beer but I do like to get drunk. Not wasted, but a nice buzz at least.
>>
>>8438367

>double IPAs

I fell for that meme once. ONCE.

The bartender convinced me that it was THE next big thing coming out of local breweries. I ordered a glass and regretted it the whole way through. To make matters worse, everything (including water) tasted like soap afterward.
>>
>>8438338
>You can take your time and savor it over a decent amount of time
Except warm beer is disgusting
>>
>>8438330
What's wrong with Heineken?
>>
File: FocalBanger.jpg (506KB, 2088x1175px) Image search: [Google]
FocalBanger.jpg
506KB, 2088x1175px
Beer is for me one of the best liquids in life. Water is second i guess.
>>
>>8438470
Pouring it in a glass ruins the taste. There's a layer of CO2 at the top when it's in the can that keeps it fresh
>>
>>8438480

The can even has, 'Drink it from the can!' written on it
>>
>>8438480
I can buy it if you keep it around for an hour or more, downing the thing faster than that it makes litlle to no sense.
>>
>>8435773

>Why would anyone drink piss and get fat over taking a shot and getting drunk without any of the useless bullshit?

It's about the journey, not the destination. Only alkys can do social drinking with hard liquor for a decent amount of time.

After the first half dozen pretty much any beer starts tasting good any way.
>>
File: FocalBanger2.jpg (835KB, 1175x2088px) Image search: [Google]
FocalBanger2.jpg
835KB, 1175x2088px
>>8438480
>>8438493
Same taste out of the can, little more on the nose i guess. Glass or not the beer is about the same.
>>
>>8435773

>tfw to smart for beer
>>
I like the taste of beer, and sometines end up getting way too drunk with liquor. Its much easier to keep track if my drunkenness if I drink beer. I used to have a bit if a problem so its necessary for me. Some beer is genuinely good as well, maybe you just haven't had the right kind.
>>
>>8435773
>>8435773
>Makes Autistic rant about one of the most popular beverages on the planet
>calls others contrarians

kill thine self
>>
File: 57.jpg~c200.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg~c200.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>8438516
>tfw when you can't even spell
>>
>>8438557
It's apart of the joke you fucking idiot
>>
>>8438561
It's a bad fucking joke, kys
>>
File: 1361606612387.jpg (35KB, 512x395px) Image search: [Google]
1361606612387.jpg
35KB, 512x395px
>>8437078

>makes a rational argument against a particular group of picky eaters
>it goes entirely ignored

Never change, /ck/.
>>
>>8438516
TFW weeb never touched a real human.
>>
>>8435773
Beer was and is a staple food of the human diet. It's not a luxury item for snobs.
>>
>>8435787
>it's nice to get buzzed
>implying
Just stop drinking. There's no reason you should drink. Just get your casual horseshit out of here.
>>
>>8435773
>implying you won't get fat from shots
>>
>>8438992
this. "buzzed" just means being insecure and trying to fit in by drinking piss water for no reason.
>>
>>8435773
where im from, you grow up around people drinking beer and and drinking it yourself from a pretty young age (16yo latest), its something you get into over time and its just part of the culture. Also, like with most acquired tastes, its just stupid to blame the people who got to like it while you lack the experience needed to enjoy the variety and or taste
>>
File: 1483218202189.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1483218202189.png
8KB, 420x420px
>>8435773
low test
>>
>>8438561
nice cover
>>
File: 1474346774247.gif (2MB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1474346774247.gif
2MB, 322x322px
>>8438992

>NORMIES REEEEEEE
>>
>>8439187
Yeah, as a midwest amerifat we started around 14 years old. We found a drivers license (back then there wasn't a picture) and looking the oldest, I was the designated buyer. Of course it was only mass produced rice adjunct beer at that time, but I definitely developed a taste for it to where I brew my own beer today.

Anyone that says they don't like beer really baffles me.
>>
>>8435773

i 100% believe you aren't baiting for replies, when i was in college so many freshman talked like you.

hell, even i remember saying that kind of stuff about IPAs and now i prefer them. it really is just something you get used to.
>>
>>8437882

NC beers > Oregon beers
>>
>>8440137

California beers > everything else
>>
>>8440091
To be fair, there's pretty much nothing else to do in the Midwest but eat and get drunk. And grow corn and soybeans.
>>
>>8440166
I like California beer, but it's easy to get tired of Cascade hops. The ones I never get tired of are Central European lagers. The Czechs and Germans have pretty much perfected beer. The rest is all dessert.
>>
>>8440188

>it's easy to get tired of Cascade hops

Well, that's at least a valid criticism of the West Coast style.
>>
>>8437892
you have so few beers that you can't even comprehend that a small region of the united states has 100+ breweries and made a dumb assumption
>>
>>8436931
It's okay.
>>
>my friend's obvious bait trollpost has 150 replies
>any time I post about actually cooking or purchasing cooking equipment it gets maybe 30 at best
I hate this board.
>>
>>8437601
well I like beer, but when i want to avoid possible bloating or other affects such as bad breath, I like my shit to be gin and soda, cut out some of the calories and plus your breath just smell like pine needles
>>
>>8437882
Please stop. The fucking californians will never stop coming if we don't stop talking about anything but the bad things in our state.
>>
>>8436599
Yeah, how is he supposed to enjoy playing air hockey with all those empties on his table?
>>
>>8436017
Have you ever had Big Bend Brewing Co beer? Good shit
>>
>>8436971
You do realize that there exist IPAs that aren't overloaded with hops? Like not all IPAs are 'muh IBUs, this tastes like pinecone water' some are about displaying the flavor of a particular hop
>>
>>8441336
this all day
>>
>>8436017
Idk man the Pacific Northwest has some really fucking good breweries
>>
>>8436190
I genuinely don't understand where this rhetoric came from. Why does it make you instantly a fedora for enjoying the bitterness of ipas. Are people who drink coffee without drowning it in sugar memers too ?
>>
I drink beer because it tastes good and it's something best drunk slowly. It's great while watching something on TV.
>>
>>8441354
>memers
Faggot.
>>
>>8435773
Because, it requires an actual taste.
>>
>>8437078
/thread
>>
Beer is an acquired taste. Some are more mild or more "flavored" than others. It's also good for getting a gradual buzz over time and not being face-down on the floor drunk in ten minutes.

/thread
>>
>>8438309
There are 3 local pubs I go to, 2 of them are lacking but one has 28 beers on tap, mostly craft

I love going there and trying out new shit
>>
>>8438389
Is that like an IPA but with even more hops? That sounds bad
>>
>>8440183
I live in NYC and my free time revolves around eating and binge drinking
>>
>>8440188
How can you even tell the difference between hop types?
>>
>>8440241
I was at a bar in Ireland and I asked a local to recommend me a beer, and he said Heineken. I found that funny.

That being said, Ireland does have some great craft beer, I had McGargles and it was really good.
>>
>>8440375
They hype the shit out of it on their site, so I was curious
>>
>>8441613
Yeah beer buzzes are great

I find that I rarely get sloppy off just beer, plus drinking beer is fun, especially if it's good beer.
>>
>>8441613
>>8442147
All alcohol gives you the exact same feeling when consumed in the same quantities over the same time frame. Taking three shots an hour will leave you feeling exactly the same as drinking three beers an hour.
>>
>>8442159
But I can drink a mixed drink quicker than a beer

Plus it's kind of hard to drink the amount of beer it takes to get wasted due to limited space in the stomach
>>
My dream is to have a good job, a big booty Puerto Rican wife and a fridge stocked with IPAs
>>
>>8442164
I don't care about what you are personally able or not able to do. Adults keep track of how much they're drinking over a period of time to maintain the optimal buzz. Getting drunk is a science.
>>
I enjoy the taste, not even meming. Had a Fat Tire on tap when I ate lunch.
>>
>>8435773
I actually prefer beer over hard liquor. Getting drunk with beer is like a steady climb but liquor hits me like a runaway semi
>>
Nothing better than a nice porter, I tell you what.
>>
>>8435915

DUDE BEER LMAO
>>
>>8442282
Trust me, I do too. But can you really not understand why it's easier to "get carried away" with liquor?
>>
>surely no-one could possibly like something I dislike
>they must be drinking it ironically
>>
>>8441334
>Like not all IPAs are 'muh IBUs
Which is a shame, because the market is so saturated with over hopped crap that it's better to avoid them altogether
>>
>>8442376
What are some IPAs you do like?

Honestly I do like Lagunitas IPA but I don't think I could drink 6 of them in a row like I could with most other beers
>>
>>8435773
It makes burgers taste better
>>
>>8435773

Beer is delicious. So many amazing kinds, packed full of delicious complex flavors. I'm sipping on a scottish ale right now, caramely, smooth, with a hint of oak. Before that I had a local double black IPA, thick and creamy, like a sweet espresso.

Just don't drink yellow piss beer like Budweiser or candy girl beer like blue moon. Beer is amazing.
>>
>>8435773

Hi Joe.
>>
>>8442382
Goose Island IPA is not bad albeit a bit one dimensional. Dogfish Head is, although highly hopped, good. Founders All Day IPA is nice and not too bitter.
>>
>walking around downtown because I was running some errands and had recently had my car stolen
>hot as fuck summer-like day
>walk by a Mexican seafood restaurant
>order a beer, some Mexican lager
>tastes so damn refreshing to chug a cold beer on a hot day.

But OP and you other faggots would have ordered a shot of liquor and get to enjoy that I guess. Oh and water to keep hydrated huh?
>I'll take a shot of tequila and a cup of water
Lol

Beer is great you hipster fucks
>>
Let's get fucking real here

Who the fuck drink alcohol voluntarily ?
You are all pressured into it by other men around you, otherwise you will be called a faggot.

3 of my father's friend already die of liver and stomach cancer, in their 50s, because of alcohol
and yet whenever they get together the first thing they do is drink some more fucking alcohol.

It's like all those sad alcoholic pieces of shit are trying to drag you down with them.

I honestly can't think of any other reason why you would touch alcohol in the first place.
>>
>>8436017

7/10
>>
Where is that xkcd comic that says all beer drinkers just pretend to like the taste.

I desire the emotion of anger
>>
>>8436402
Beer tastes like watery garbage and anyone who claims that they enjoy the taste is lying to you.
>>
>>8444424

Dying drunk is better than living sober.
>>
File: tmp_22664-beer-1059379437.png (48KB, 599x282px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22664-beer-1059379437.png
48KB, 599x282px
>>8444458
I know it's been like an hour but here you go. I am so tired of seeing this faggot's comics since I'm studying software engineering and all my professors read them.
>>
File: 1319975207002.png (932KB, 989x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1319975207002.png
932KB, 989x1040px
>>8435773
>I'm not baiting for replies this shit is completely unpalatable.
>201 replies

Guys...
>>
>>8444424
Faggot
>>
>>8444806
I actually enjoy up to 6 ounces of the stuff within a 24hr hour period. Anyone beyond that starts to taste terrible to be
>>
>>8444828
Randall Munroe is such a contrarian reddity piece of shit.
>huur I don't like thing therefore nobody else can like thing!!
>>
>>8445008

He seems like a STEMs fuckface that believes he's smarter than everyone else and would be the kind of person to have a Neil Degrase Tyson poster on his wall
>>
>>8435773

Because alcohol is for normies and they want to be part of the group.

It's a tool for people who can't get the courage to talk to others. It's a tool to take advantage of others.

It's beholden to liars and degenerates who pretend a few drinks can destroy their memory or willpower.

I had my days, I had my nights where people would always pretend to lose control or their memory when I had twice as much.

It used to have a actual function as a food staple.

These days it's just used to excuse people being shitty people which is natural as it comes.
>>
>>8435824

Drive past 10pm in a major city and pay attention to the drivers around you and you will spot them everywhere in America.
>>
>>8435773
I actually like blue moon it is a decent macro
>>
>>8448409
I do too. Goes good with a burger. Sometimes I put an orange slice in it.
>>
>>8436017
I see you've never been to Charlotte.
>>
>>8447388
Thank the heavens you arent a blackout drunk. I should be dead right now. It may be hard for you to believe but your body seriously goes on autopilot and your consciousness is no where to be found.
>>
>>8437078
> If your experience is overwhelmingly that the hops dominate the flavor of every IPA you've tried it sounds like you've been drinking beer that isn't fresh, or just isn't very good.

It should be the other way around. Hop disappears quickly from a brew, and an imported IPA should be less hoppy, not more.
>>
The only beers i enjoy are really sour or bitter lambic
>>
Beer is probably the most varied and interesting booze. Come back when you can find anything more disparate than gose, barley wine and ipas
>>
>>8448409

Blue moon is the first beer i actually liked and still one of my favorite wits honestly
>>
>>8447388
>It used to have a actual function as a food staple.
Huh?
>>
>>8435773
>I'm not baiting for replies
((((You)))))
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.