[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: crab.jpg (229KB, 998x380px) Image search: [Google]
crab.jpg
229KB, 998x380px
My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab" in the freezer. It has been there since September. What is it and what can I do with it?
>>
>What is it
The hotdog of fish
>what can I do with it?
Make unsatisfying dishes
Or more appropriately throw it in the trash
>>
File: every fucking time.gif (1MB, 256x175px) Image search: [Google]
every fucking time.gif
1MB, 256x175px
>>8432209

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+imitation+crab+and+what+can+I+do+with+it%3F
>>
It's cheap fish made to taste like crab.

You can eat it straight out of the package, it tastes fine enough, otherwise it's good mixed with spaghetti and a little butter and salt
>>
soup.
>>
I like it in a 'salad' with onion, celery, Old Bay seasoning, and some mayo.
>>
crab rangoon
>>
File: ILUTGzY.jpg (51KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ILUTGzY.jpg
51KB, 480x270px
>>8432209
>>
>>8432209
It's good in fettuccine alfredo or fried rice. Additional bacon will make both better.
>>
I like to eat it straight out of the bag. Otherwise, you can season with salt and pepper or Old Bay and mix with a little bit of mayo, green onion and pickle optional, and make a "seafood salad" of sorts. Have it in a sandwich with your favorite veggies.
>>
>>8432209

It's pre-cooked crab flavored fish. It's best used as food for the homeless
>>
>>8432209
>>
>>8432255
OP here. I agree with this. I don't like the sounds of imitation anything.
>>
>>8432245
>>8432260
If its just fish that tastes like crab then whats the problem? Sounds a lo better than regular fish
>>
>>8432300
It will kill you
>>
>>8432300
It doesn't really taste like crab. I like the taste but if you think of it as crab you're going to be disappointed. Surimi is good because it's a generic, mild seafood taste that's cheap and works in a variety of applications. It's good as surimi, not as imitation crab.
>>
>>8432232
best option
other than can trash in throw
>>
>>8432209
batter and deep fry it

serve with mayo,chives, and lemon
>>
>>8432232
this
>>
>>8432209
>My roommate moved out and left a package of "imitation crab" in the freezer.

How much of it? If there's 1/3 of a ton I need more details. I need to know what happened to your roommate.
>>
>>8432209

It is crab flavoured pollock. The only reason anyone should eat it is if they can't eat shellfish.
>>
>>8432209
Batter and deep fry it
>>
>>8432300

Notice that it is being described as "crab flavored fish" and not "fish that tastes like crab". It's never a good idea to indulge in cheap, old processed seafood.
>>
File: hqp9NrD.jpg (152KB, 1024x718px) Image search: [Google]
hqp9NrD.jpg
152KB, 1024x718px
>>8432209
>"imitation crab"

My son?
>>
Use it like chinese people use fish cake, chuck it in soups, stir fries, and vegetable dishes.
>>
>>8432341
Tru, if it was old id prob stay away. But recently bought sounds great for sushi rolls or pasta
>>
Ask /diy/. They are obsessed with imitation crab meat.
>>
Its just cheap cooked fish that should be eaten cold. Its not really supposed to be crab, just enjoy it for what it is.
Also, there is a huge variation. It goes from delicious to shit, and I haven't really figured out why. I love this stuff when its good, but too often the quality is shit. I wish there was a way to tell for sure I'm buying the right stuff.
>>
File: ewfrb.jpg (1MB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
ewfrb.jpg
1MB, 3318x2212px
pull it apart and toss it in a shit load of lime juice with diced tomato onion cucumber and salt and pepper i think. idont remember exactly but it makes for an ok spic meal
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.