[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe, should I also adjust time and temperature for baking?

And also, I have underestimated the amount of dough I need, would it be okay to use flour of the same type yet different manufacturer to produce more?
>>
>>8431533
Nobody cares about desserts.
>>
>>8431536
So you just could not hold onto it?
>>
Fucking bump
>>
>>8431533
Time yes a bit, but not temp
>>
>>8431533
bake it for however long the recipe states, then keep checking every few minutes til it's done.

yes you should be fine.
>>
Depends on the size of your pan(s)
Different manufacturers shouldn't matter, I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in the finished product
>>
Okay, it is in the oven, 25 mins to go.
But how do I achieve perfect smooth chocolate surface for my cake?
>>
>>8431689
bump
>>
>>8431533
The rule is, 3 times bigger, 3 times higher temp dummy.
>>
>>8431721
Which scale, Celsius or Farenheit?
>>
>>8431689
Make chocolate ganache. 2:1 milk: chocolate
>>
>>8431689
probably want to make a ganache
>>
>>8431729
kelvin
duh
>>
>>8431533
Just make more cakes.
>>
Okay, I have applied chocolate and pudding, and suddenly, my cake is not well-baked inside.
What do?

My plan: keep it in fridge till tomorrow, then detach the top and put it once again in the oven. Any netter ideas?
>>
>>8431986
>>8431986
>>8431986
buuuuuump, when it was 3 times smaller, it was perfect.
>>
>>8431533

Yes. Cook it 3 times longer and have your oven 3 times hotter.
>>
are you cooking it all in one pan? that will probably not work out very well.

as long as you use the same type of flour (ap, cake, bread, etc.) and mix well you should be okay.

>>8431689
>But how do I achieve perfect smooth chocolate surface for my cake?
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-glaze-231045
>>
>>8431986
Always use the knife test with cakes. Put a knife in it, if it comes out clean it's cooked, if it comes out with mixture attached it needs longer in the oven.
>>
>>8431986
you could probably scoop out the middle parts that are undercooked, then take the good parts and form them into a smaller, but fully cooked cake. once it's covered in icing no one will ever know.
>>
>>8431533
>would it be okay to use flour of the same type yet different manufacturer to produce more?
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>8431533
>If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe, should I also adjust time and temperature for baking?

No - if you have 3 times as much ingredients or want to make 3 times as much cake you do it in 3 batches. Cooking time, temperature, mixing ingredients etc do not scale up nice and neatly when it comes to baking or cooking.
>>
It's really dependent on a wide variety of factors. Some cakes simply don't work outside a small size range. Most of the time you'll want to keep the temp the same, at least at the start, but bake longer - and that extra time is not only proportional to size but also affected by the type of cake, the size and type of oven, etc. So the solution is to get a thermometer (cakes and breads generally are done in the mid 90C range)
>>
File: 1483125427153.jpg (52KB, 540x536px) Image search: [Google]
1483125427153.jpg
52KB, 540x536px
OP here again, my cake was a failure.
Yesterday I had already put on the puddgin and chocolate just to discover, that my cake is raw inside. So, today I have scrapped the topping off and baking my cake once again. Baking already for 40 minutes with the same (200C) temperature, still raw.

If I fail miserably, I'll buy a cake in the shop and deal with it.
>>
File: DSC_0645.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0645.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Here's my abomination. Should I cut it in three and cook again, or is it beyond saving?
>>
>>8434697

sous vide it
>>
>>8434651
I hope that's a girl cause I wanna fuck it
>>
>>8434704
I have no such possibility.
So, cutting it, even in four?
>>
Okay, I've cut my cake in four, let it bake for more 20 mins and I think I have actually saved it.
10 more minutes on lower temp so it becomes crispy just a bit.
>>
File: DSC_0646.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0646.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
That is fine.
I'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently.
That's okay, things are going to be okay.
>picrelated
Well, now it is baked, yet edible.
>>
>>8434910
Jesus christ dude
>>
>>8434910
it sure as hell looks ugly, I hope you're not going to be serving that to anyone. If it's just for you though, well done!
>>
>>8434925
Lol, going to serve this to two my friends, and this was the point I've invited them. Should I also consider buying an extra cake in case they would not make themselves eating this one?

When I first made this cake, everything went smoothly fine (except I still don't know how to apply chocolate properly). Yeah, making it 3 times bigger was a bad idea.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.