[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: recipe search that isn't terrible Most are complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: h5aadJW.jpg (52KB, 567x365px) Image search: [Google]
h5aadJW.jpg
52KB, 567x365px
ITT: recipe search that isn't terrible

Most are complete garbage. Trying to fill the void left by Punchfork (rip) but everything these days has a shit layout and shit filters, and tries too hard to be "social" when I just want to find something to make.

Trying to find something better. Best I could find so far is OnlyEats but they don't index the smaller food blogs. Yummly is okay I guess. FoodGawker is only as sophisticated as Pinterest but I still use it sometimes.

pic unrelated
>>
Google
>>
>>8431357

no photos tho
>>
> OnlyEats
Probably your best bet

>>8431358
Yeah it does, but just thumbnails, on some sites
>>
>>8431353
saveur.com

Mileage may vary but the recipes are decent. If you need your dick stroked to cook it isn't for you.
>>
File: Eyeroll.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
Eyeroll.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
>>8431353
>>8431358
>>8431432

Look up the recipes.. and if the recipe does not have an image, look up an image of the dish..
>>
>>8431485
ain't nobody got time for that
>>
I don't know where else to post this, but I think SeriousEats is the fucking worst website redesign I have ever in my entire life seen. Jesus fucking Christ it's like they designed it to be used by autistic 6 year olds on broken ipads.

And if that fat faggot Kenji is reading this, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>8431856
cnn.com is pretty bad as well. Forget right vs left and all that, it's just poor web design.
>>
saveur and seriouseats are pretty decent but not aggregators like OP seems to be getting at.

if we're including publishers then TheKitchn and New York Times are my go-tos.

In terms of search beyond yummly, OE, foodily and spoonacular maybe, there isn't much besides google and as mentioned earlier it's mostly text.

duckduckgo's recipe search feature? lol...
>>
>>8431353

There's this great technology called a cookbook. For a low one time fee, you get a huge index of tested recipe, obviating the need to wade through the garbage online, You just open up the patented "page" technology and find the recipe using this crazy interface called the index.
>>
>>8432091
look at the futurist over here with their fancy "recipe book"

I take it you're too good for letting your local shaman impart cooking instructions to you through interpretive dance with a series of grunts and chants.
>>
>>8431485
This for fucks sake
>>
>>8431353
Bbcgoodfood
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.