[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys im a total food pleb, barely know how to cook. for example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

hey guys im a total food pleb, barely know how to cook. for example, barely today I had to ask for help to learn how to cook eggs sunny side up and i messed up countless times. would a good way to save myself from a life of ramen noodles is to cook every meal I eat? I'm so tired of cereal/instant ramen/pb and j/microwave oatmeal being my main food souce I feel really unhealthy and am attempting on getting /fit/ but i know that nutrition plays a HUGE part in the process.

so what do?
>>
Dumb frogposteur.
>>
>>8422960
Are you having a fucking stroke?
>>
>>8422960
Learn 2 google, get a sauce pan and a saute pan, cook food.
>>
>>8422960
you cant fuck up scrambled egg
>>
>>8422965

Hello FBI

>>8422960

Well, first thing's first, get it into you're head that it's not cute to not know how too cook. Literally anyone can do it. When that's covered, get a 10 dollar 6+ inch knife from literally any store and a cheap knife sharpener for the same price, then google "knife skills" and "mirepoix". Knife skills is self explanatory, mirepoix is the flavor base for some of the easiest meals on god's green earth.

As for learning actual meals, 2 different ways. One I'd recommend is starting from scratch, watch "The Way to Cook" on youtube, Julia Child is an excellent trained French cook that goes through all the basics step by step.

The other way is to look up recipes for food you already like, then cook them. If you're really that bad at burning things, find guides that are TO THE LETTER and follow them this way. Remember in your head every flavor you try, knowing what things tastes like and how to cook basics (veggies/spices) will allow you to improvise in time. Whenever you hear a word you don't know, study that shit. Soffrito? Google it, learn it. Saute? Google it, learn it.

After that it's practice. Since you say you're interested in getting /fit/, I'd say to look for exotic chicken recipes. Breast meat is stupidly lean and there's an inifnite amount of foolproof ways to cook it. If all else fails, butterflied breasts cooked in some oil/butter in a pan is practically failsafe.
>>
>>8423129
thank you anon this was very helpful, i will try everything in this post.
>>
>>8423223

No problem, and if you want more traditional resources, "The Flavor Bible" is an excellent text on cooking and that Ramsay fellow has a home cooking book filled with lots of simple recipes, though he also has a very active youtube channel that is just as good for finding stuff to make if you're out of ideas.
>>
>>8423075
yes you can

for eggs a good nonstick pan is hard to beat, your choice (teflon, seasoned cast iron or seasoned carbon steel)

and cooking at medium heat with your choice of fat (bacon grease, butter, coconut oil, ... etc) will go a long way.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.