[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>His cuisine has loads of cheese in it. I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 21

File: 1482799195046.png (358KB, 389x507px) Image search: [Google]
1482799195046.png
358KB, 389x507px
>His cuisine has loads of cheese in it.

I'm looking at you mid westerners.
>>
How Intolerant of you
>>
File: julienne.jpg (339KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
julienne.jpg
339KB, 600x450px
french cuisine is full of butter and cheese

fuck off yuropoor
>>
>>8420925

wow, those are some nice looking indiana salads.
>>
File: spagett.jpg (362KB, 1113x1600px) Image search: [Google]
spagett.jpg
362KB, 1113x1600px
>>8420867
midwestern """cuisine""" is nothing more than casserole slop full of crap like cheese and cream

>B-BUT MUH GRANNY'S RECIPE

casseroles are for people who don't have the capacity to prepare actual food

get fucked, Midwesterners and good post, OP
>>
>>8421875
You know nothing. Speak from experience or speak from what people like you who know nothing post on a board. The latter making you look humourous. If you think the midwest is casseroles and nothing else, you are an idiot plain and simple.
>>
>>8421894

Why don't you share some of your knowledge with us then....or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>8421903
As a born and raised midwesterner, I can confirm this.
>>
>>8421903
This reminds me of my family
>cooks literally everything in chicken broth
>overcooks any and all meats.
>piles any noodle or pasta dish with Mexican 3-cheese blend, even pad Thai
>any condiments other than ketchup or miracle whip are "too spicy"
>the only seasonings they use are salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash
>use corn syrup instead of maple syrup on their pancakes

I hate visiting my home city for the holidays.
>>
>>8422167
god damn that's depressing

hang in there anon
>>
God they do put cheese on everything in the Midwest. Especially salad. I didn't even know cheese in salad was a thing until I moved to South Dakota. They just pile in giant lumps of grated Kraft cheddar, then add bacon bits and torrents of ranch dressing. It's disgusting.
>>
>>8422167
>the only seasonings they use are salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash

That's actually pretty adventurous. I've known people whose entire spice cabinet consisted of just salt and pepper.
>>
is hot """dish""" the 'go'za of the north?
>>
Can confirm. Just moved to wisconsin and the people here are huge. Also, carbs and cheese everywhere. Oval shaped people everywhere. Produce is expensive and not very good. I have an average body and I am considered hot around here. Ill take it.
>>
File: ole.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
ole.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
>fine 'idwest 'uisine
>>
>>8422293
lol i moved from wisconsin to chicago and the difference in body shapes was one thing that took some adjusting. still some thicc people here but on average everyone is skinnier, but also shorter too?
>>
cheese is good
>>
>>8420867
>/ck/ now hates cheese

Is there a food any of you faggots actually like?
>>
>>8422167
>>use corn syrup instead of maple syrup on their pancakes
no they don't
>>
>>8422293
Wisconsin is right around the national average in obesity
>>
>>8422334
Yeah it is the same thing when I go to minneapolis too. Skinny fit people. Lots of dairy+refined carbs+hormone laden meat = yuuuuuuuuuggggee people.
>>
>tfw I've never liked the taste of cheese
>more and more people are saying it's shit-tier cooking to use it
Thank fuck.
>>
>>8422351
Just because I don't constantly cram my gaping maw with cheese doesn't mean I hate it. Everything in moderation, my egg-shaped northern friendo.
>>
>>8422367
>>more and more people are saying it's shit-tier cooking to use it
No one has ever said this while not trolling
>>
>>8422351
stay mad, lardster
>>
>>8422368
>my egg-shaped northern friendo.

My BMI is 21, faggot. You guys are worse than /mu/ as far as pretension is concerned. No one on that board likes music and apparently no one here actually likes food.
>>
File: aquafresh.jpg (24KB, 390x260px) Image search: [Google]
aquafresh.jpg
24KB, 390x260px
where were you when the cheese war began?
>>
File: 1475508713827s.jpg (13KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1475508713827s.jpg
13KB, 250x247px
>>8420867
Michifag here. I luh that shit, you suck fucking cuck. Can you honestly say that you think casseroles taste bad? >>8422351 is totally right, this is typical /ck/ bitching but I've already bitten.

I'll admit that I've heard salad referred to as "rabbit food" too often. Most of my mom's own cooking is comfort food and I hit 260 lb at my heaviest.
>>
>>8422406
Have you ever even been to the midwest?
>>
>>8422364
ive lost weight here from more walking plus eating less meat/more good food but im still larger than most people, i feel like ill always stick out in a way. wide shoulders dont help either. interesting that a move only 2 hours away makes that much difference
>>
File: lel.jpg (18KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
18KB, 560x375px
>>8422414

>260
>>
>>8422378
I'm sorry your state's "cuisine" is prepackaged garbage tossed into a trough, but there's no need to project your anger onto us, my rotund Minnesotean compatriot.
>>
ITT: midwesties SIZZLING in denial
>>
File: croque_monsieur_h.jpg (54KB, 484x344px) Image search: [Google]
croque_monsieur_h.jpg
54KB, 484x344px
I'm French, we use a lot of cheese in our cuisine.
Our cheese is nothing like your "cheese" by the way so I'm not sure if I should feel concerned.
>>
>>8422430
Maybe because you are obviously making shit up and describing the midwest as though it is inhabited by midwestern characters in 70s movies
>>
>>8422439
lol, how exactly is the cheese on there distinct from cheese you would find on a similar sandwich in America?
>>
File: Roquefort.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Roquefort.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>8422445

Its production is the result of the fermentation of milk. Huge difference with the greasy plastic you people make.
>>
>>8422436
sizzling like a delicious can of cream'o'mush roasting over a warm, cozy fire.
>>
>>8422457
>ive never been to america

ok, you eat your moldy sludge, really patrician of you
>>
>>8422461
In the midwest, Kraft singles are sen as a low tier child's food like hot dogs, you will very rarely see an adult put it on a sandwich.
Not to imply everyone is eating top tier cheese, but the basic tier cheese is not nearly as bad as you seem to think. Kraft singles are more of a black person/poverty thing than a midwestern thing
>>
>>8422461
Fuck off man, the farm is inherently a laboratory, stop it with the antiscience bullshit

Make fun of food based on its actual taste and quality, don't resort to misguided fearmongering about what is "natural"
>>
>>8422474
>But anon, there are barely any blacks in the midwest.
Yeah, that was precisely my point. Calling Kraft singles a Midwestern thing is just wrong. The midwest makes most of America's quality cheese, Kraft factory cheese is from California
>>
>>8422469

I know, thank you.
No mold = no cheese. Wrap your head around that.
>>
>>8422489
There is no definition of quality cheese by which the Midwest does not make most of it in America
>>
>>8422484
Again, I am talking about the food's quality and flavor, not how cool or uncool the aesthetics of the process for making it is
>>
>>8420867
I bet you like soup, faggot
>>
File: nu.png (309KB, 388x447px) Image search: [Google]
nu.png
309KB, 388x447px
ITT:
>>
>>8420867

> cheese IS our national dish
t. Mexico
>>
>>8422494
all of those things are commonly produced in the midwest. Are you just saying random shit hoping others who have never been there will believe you?
>>
>>8422500
I'm not defending canned cheese. I am just scolding you for bring up dumb and irrelevant things in your argument. You are more worried about aesthetic than quality, you do things to be seen doing them, and that makes you bad
>>
>>8422500
>People from the midwest, by and large, have absolutely no frame of reference by which to objectively evaluate food. Good means "what I'm used to" and bad means everything else
The fuck are you even basing this stuff on? The midwest is one of the most highly educated and affluent places in the world
>>
>>8422513
The midwest surely doesn't have the climate for top tier wine for the most part, but it has an ideal climate for cheese
>>
>>8422517
You really shouldn't consider how you look while eating a food as you seem to. You are more worried about what other people will think than the actual physical and chemical properties of the food you eat
>>
File: Hooks Cheddar Flight.png (562KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hooks Cheddar Flight.png
562KB, 600x360px
>>8422522
The midwest makes most of the US's cheese, both the good stuff and the mediocre stuff. No matter how much mediocre cheese they make it doesn't change the fact that they make most of the good stuff too
>>
>>8422531
>my eyes and nose are a pretty useful too in helping me evaluate food,
Then why are you more concerned with how a product is made than how it tastes and smells? You literally started your rant by saying food shouldn't come from a lab, thats why I started calling you out. Agriculture is inherently a scientific laboratory, its always been based on breeding animals and plants so they are more useful for human consumption (obviously the traits considered useful are constantly changing). I never once said Kraft California factory "cheese" is good, just that you shouldn't participate in dumb anti-science shit in an argument about how food tastes
>>
>>8422533
Hooks cheddar is fucking delicious, if you don't think its good you obviously do not belong is a discussion on cheese
>>
>>8422522
I'd eat it
>>
>>8422556
>I realize you think "normal cheese" comes from a spray can
If you keep saying it, it must be true!
>>
>>8422565
haha, what?
So cheddar isn't real cheese for you?
Its one thing to whine about process cheese, but now you are just saying styles you don't like to talk about aren't real cheese
>>
>>8422575
You are the one who invoked the laboratory imagery, not me
>>
>>8422577
I bet you think cheddar cheese originated in Wisconsin, don't you?
>>
>>8422584
Lol at the idea that people should only be able to make a product if the people who first made that product lived in close geographic proximity to their current location
>>
>>8422586
No, I was telling you to base your arguments on the quality of the product rather than whining about laboratories.
I was just pointing out how your rhetoric made you look dumb, not defending anything
>>
>>8422599
You should judge cheese on its taste, not the physical location it was produced on and how close that location is to where the first people who made a similar product were
>>
>>8422583
sorry all the cheese you ate from wisconsin was the stuff you bought at gas station counters while paying for your gas. i lived in small ass towns and even there the grocery stores there had, along with the tons of decent but not great cheese, selections of things like brie or stilton blues etc, made in wisconsin. seriously, stop posting because you sound like an idiot lol
>>
>>8422596
Ok, except for English cheddar is superior in every possible way.
>>
>>8422616
>Quality food does not come out of a laboratory
What a fucking backwards way to look at things. Both good and bad food can come out of a laboratory, being from a lab has nothing to do with the quality
>We already know how to make delicious stuff out of top notch ingredients
So we should never try new stuff? What?

You are now just equating labs and science with things you don't like
>>
>>8422626
I have never once claimed all cheese from Wisconsin is good, or being made in Wisconsin makes a cheese good. I only stated than the majority of America's good cheese is made in the midwest (primarily Wisconsin of course, but not only there)

You are mixing up cause and effect, and this error has clearly messed with your ability to evaluate cheese quality. Do not judge a cheese based on where it is made, judge a place by whether they make good cheese, you have the whole thing backwards
>>
>>8422622
how so? What about being made in England makes it better than the top tier cheddar coming out of Wisconsin and Vermont?
>>
>>8422637
>It's not backwards at all. Kraft Food Lab makes shit food. Kraft Food Lab does not make good food. Hence, quality food does not come out of a laboratory.
ok, but thats just because Kraft makes cheap shit, it has nothing to do with laboratories or science voodoo you seem concerned with. Plus this has nothing to even do with Wisconsin cheese, Kraft is more of a coastie thing, Wisconsin eats Sargento as their cheap tier cheese, which while mediocre is actual cheese at least.

Also, you are still ignoring how agriculture as a whole is a laboratory, and always has been
>>
>>8422644
>But that's not correct, and the only basis for this belief is that you were told it was so by the Wisconsin International Cheese Organization of International Wisconsin. It has no basis in reality.
Where the fuck do you think the good cheese is made in America if not the midwest? There are a few good guys in upstate New York and Vermont, and pretty much none anywhere else, the vast majority is based in Wisconsin because thats where the industry has traditionally been based leading to top tier dairy education programs which has lead to more people who know what they are doing and choose to make top tier cheese. There is just more of it there, most people in other regions don't fucking attempt to open a creamery, its just not a thing in most of America
>>
>>8422642
>What about being made in England makes it better than the top tier cheddar coming out of Wisconsin and Vermont?

Vermont does make some cheddar that is on par with England, unfortunately we're talking about Wisconsin right now, which does not.
>>
>>8422664
>You could call almost any industry a "laboratory" i
TO an extent yeah, but not nearly as much as agriculture.
But essentially that is my point, being based in science is a good and normal thing, and not something to be feared because it doesn't sound hip and natural enough
>>
>>8422670
What are you basing this off of? Wisconsin makes some amazing cheddar, surely more than Vermont and its white cheddar marketing bullshit
>>
>>8422676
What does this list even mean?
>>
>>8422676
Just because you have a couple niche cheesemakers doesn't make you a top cheese producing region
>>
>>8422676
>west coast cheese
lol
>>
>>8422695
>Science is a tool, something being based in science is neither good nor bad, i
Yeah, thats exactly why I called you out for saying a laboratory food was inherently bad
>>
>>8422714
Upstate New York is bigger than Wisconsin though

I am talking about where most good cheese comes from. California a state of like 50 million people having a very small handful of good cheesemakers doesn't make it a good cheese region
>>
>>8422721
>Saying laboratory food is inherently bad isn't the same as saying a laboratory is inherently bad
I think it kind of is
>>
>>8422737
What?
>>
>>8422731
Yeah, and most of Wisconsin's good cheese isn't made in Milwaukee (besides Clock Shadow Creamery)
>>
File: rfl_21420.jpg (103KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
rfl_21420.jpg
103KB, 960x720px
>>8421903

Supporting this statement: "goulash" from the Little Bohemia Tavern in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
>>
File: 348s.jpg (19KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
19KB, 348x348px
>>8422500
>>8422512
>>8422517

I'll contribute an anecdote here.

I lived in Kansas City for eight years. (Whether you consider that part of the Midwest or the South is up to you.) One day, my team at work was going out for lunch, and I suggested a place in the River Market area called Habashi House. Middle Eastern fare: falafel, shawarma, etc.

Out of a team of ten people, three were too uncertain about trying something new, and opted instead for the burrito joint next door. This would have been around 2006.
>>
>>8422774

I'm sorry, not 2006 - more like 2011. Had to rethink the timeline a bit.
>>
>>8422774
Missouri is a weird place. St Louis is kinda midwestern, KC is more great plains and everything in between is straight up southern.

I do think in general the great plains are more in line with /ck/ coastie stereotypes of the midwest than the actual midwest is though as its a much more rural region
>>
>>8422774
If the concept of chicken and rice is too foreign for them, there's no hope for them.
>>
>>8422774
were they old people?
>>
>>8422774
>Middle Eastern fare: falafel, shawarma
>lacks cheese

I think I found your problem
>>
File: Kekuit.png (851KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
Kekuit.png
851KB, 600x606px
>>8422414
I feel shame when I'm above 220.. and I'm 6'3
>>
>>8422784

Yeah, St. Louis is bigger and somewhat more cosmopolitan in general than KC. I considered moving there but escaped to Connecticut instead.

>>8422809

Not especially. This team was all late-20's to late-30's.

>>8422811

I think they were just scared to try something that they didn't know. I was disappointed, though, that they weren't even willing to find out.
>>
>>8422774
>Live in midwest
>All the middle eastern places near me inevitably close after like a year
>tfw no falafel, no shwarma, no kebab
I've got the falafeels
>>
>>8422774
Yeah, I can relate. I lived in KC for awhile and they were not adventurous people when it comes to food, at all. Although I thought that was changing. My nieces and nephews live there, and they brew their own beer and are willing to try anything food related. But they all have college degrees and most are doing post-graduate work.

I think that's the key. An increase in education level, more prominent on the coasts, results in a more broadminded view of the world, which of course includes food.
>>
>>8422836
I bet they wouldn't have been scared to try it if it came with mounds of shredded cheese melted on top.
>>
>>8422851

I will say that KC has (of course) awesome barbecue. I'd actually gotten sick of it by the time I decided to leave, though. Cuisine-wise they're pretty much a one-trick pony, but they do it well. No barbecue I've had in Connecticut comes close.

I think the sheer density of people on the coasts, though, and the adjacency of different cultures in tight spaces (esp. on the East Coast) works in tandem with the increased level of education. There are restaurants in this state for practically every kind of food.
>>
>>8422844
Really? I have like 4 middle eastern places in walking distance of me in a super white neighborhood
>>
File: 1476309822723.png (125KB, 281x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476309822723.png
125KB, 281x333px
What the fuck are you spergs even talking about
>>
File: 1478237835345.gif (4MB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478237835345.gif
4MB, 270x270px
>>8420867
>he can't handle cheese
Hon hon hon brownie detected
>>
>autism over cheese
>>
>>8423014
FUG. I miss raclette from my trip to Europe. The only other time I had it was, strangely, in Japan. It's hands-down one of my favorite cheeses.
>>
File: _52298474_dsc_0485a__33772.jpg (97KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_52298474_dsc_0485a__33772.jpg
97KB, 976x549px
Move aside plebs, God tier cheese coming through.
>>
>>8423035
Pleb. If it's not Páramo de Guzmán, you might as well be eating Kraft Singles
>>
>>8423463

Don't talk rubbish, the Spanish cannot make cheese.
>>
>>8422764

I'd still eat it.
>>
>>8422529
>annatto

>>8422577
Cheddar is a real cheese. What you're posting isn't.
>>
There's a difference between small town Midwest, country Midwest and city midwest. The city and farmland folk are thinner and the small podunk town people are fat af. The farmers are usually skinny until their 40s thw city people are just city people.
>>
>>8421903
>and anything nicer than cheesecake factory is pretentious.

Don't remind me of the people I grew up with :'(
>>
File: MG_5797_grande.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MG_5797_grande.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>8422622
English cheddar isn't even the best cheddar in Britain.
>>
>>8421903
I have this mentality desu senpai....
>>
>>8425071
Do they age their cheese under a pile of dirt?
>>
>lives in Missouri
>Currently watching football (go Hawks)
>Cheesy bacon dip and pretzels
>>
>>8422499
This meme
>>
>>8425071

>thinking Mull is actually part of Britain.
>>
>>8420925
>french cuisine is full of butter and cheese
Not really. cheese is eaten with bread bt rarely in a dish.
while butter is the prefered fat to cook meat it's not "add 2 pak of butter and mix with lard before stuffing the bacon" kind of use.
>>
>>8422577
cheddar is such a bland, entry tier cheese it barely count unless you have kids at the table.
>>
>>8425476

Stop buying your "cheddar" at Wal-mart and get the real thing. It's anything but "bland".
>>
>>8425476
Stop eating plastic cheddar. You're like those people who try the bottom shelf product of X type of food or drink then complain how all varieties of that food/drink suck.
>>
>>8420867
>not eating a keto diet full of all the cheese you can eat.

Fucking get with the times grandpa
>>
Mid west won the election for Trump. Now they will feel the nu-males hyper feminine passive aggression.
>>
File: 1440460639435.png (281KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1440460639435.png
281KB, 512x512px
>>8425491
>mfw cheesy omelettes every single day
>>
>>8425547
i don't know if what i'm about to say is banal, but put the cheese in the omelette once the egg is already cooking, right before you flip one half over the other

i know someone who just mixes it into the raw egg before anything touches the pan and it's awful
>>
>>8425552
No, just in general. Doesn't matter where I order an omelet be it a denny's or some place that only makes omelets, I simply can't stand it.

Cheese in Crepes, burritos, and tacos is also another thing I hate.
>>
File: 1442150280892.png (759KB, 968x937px) Image search: [Google]
1442150280892.png
759KB, 968x937px
>>8425567
maybe you have some kind of overarching problem with cheese because there is objectively NOTHING wrong with cheese in tacos and burritos
>>
>>8422480
Mozzerella, feta, etc. has no mold. You're retarded. Some mold is ok but there's no culinary cool boy points for shitting on le americans plastic cheez X'D especially when your culture normalized eating horribly moldy slime out of desperation

>literal poverty diet is so superior, please give me internet asspats
>>
>>8425643
Besides the fact you caught a typo, your comment is completely useless. What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>8422351
The McChicken
>>
>>8422439
Do people actually say sacrebleu in France?
>>
I don't eat cheese at all. it is one of the only foods I won't eat.

It is so worthless as a food. It is basically saturated fat and water.
>>
File: 05.4.jpg (57KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
05.4.jpg
57KB, 600x400px
>>8426253
As an ingredient, yes.

But as pic related it's quite delicious.
>>
>>8426253
but it tastes good
Its a perfect mixture of salt, glutamate and fat
>>
>>8426266
beans and salt tastes the same. So I eat that. Much healthier, too.
>>
>>8426310
>beans and salt tastes the same
lol what?
>>
>>8426310
>all those fucking carbs
i'd rather eat cheese and a multivitamin
>>
>>8426327
The guy eats cheese. Do you really think he has any idea on what plain beans taste like?
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.