[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /ipa/ master race here? >tfw no style of beer has ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: IPA_text2.png (7KB, 320x188px) Image search: [Google]
IPA_text2.png
7KB, 320x188px
Who /ipa/ master race here?

>tfw no style of beer has ever failed to satiate your palate
>tfw the only board that discusses topics interesting to you is overran by hop-hating beta cucks
>tfw live in IPA golden age, home to double-dry hopped beers, fresh hop, wet hop, experiemental hop, new hop, and noble hop IPAs

What's your favorite IPA? What IPAs have you tried recently?
>>
>>8417907

>overran by hop-hating beta cucks

It's just a forced meme.
>>
Interstellar Pale Ale?
>>
>>8417907
This shit is way to bitter.
>>
absolutely_disgusting.png
>>
IPAs are a crime against nature.
>>
>>8417920

WRONG. The forced meme is the chorused whining that follows anybody mentioning IPA.

There is not a single style of beer that I don't like. Hell, there aren't even any that I favor significantly less than others. Yet some of you think IPAs are "too bitter", "disgusting", and "a crime against nature".

So please explain to me how someone feels justified in disliking IPAs. The rightmost opinion is to like all beer and thus have the most expanded palate for beer.

I feel embarrassed for those of you who don't like them. It's the most successful style of craft beer, and alongside your blatant crusading against hoppy beers, you also claim to "like" beer. Despicable.
>>
>>8418037

Um, you're agreeing with the post you replied to.
>>
>>8418045

Good job not making any sense at all.

>IPAs are a forced meme
>"No they're not"
>hurr durr u just agreed wit him
>>
File: firefox_2016-12-30_18-10-23.png (598KB, 655x856px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-12-30_18-10-23.png
598KB, 655x856px
Economist had an article on just IPAs if you guys want some actual content in your thread instead of just shit flinging.

http://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21712029-lagers-may-be-ubiquitous-india-pale-ales-are-beers-backstory-history
>>
>>8417907
I just wish they weren't so god damn expensive man, I'd drink them day and night.

Drinking on some firestone walker luponic distortion 004 right now. Would have preferred it to have a little more abv but still a damn good ipa
>>
>>8418048

>reading comprehension
>>
>>8417907
Hop Juju from Fat Heads brewery is my perfect IPA. Stone's Enjoy By 3.14.15 was also excellent.
>>
>>8418052

>being vague to win the debate
>>
>>8417907
I like IPAs. I don't like all of them but as a genre I like them a lot. I've got a partially drunk box of resin in my fridge at the moment.

>>8418037
And people like you are why IPAs are mocked so mercilessly. Try having a personality so you don't need to compensate with your choice of drink.
>>
File: ass clown.jpg (513KB, 1292x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ass clown.jpg
513KB, 1292x1280px
>>8418060

>try having a personality so you don't need to compensate with your choice of drink.

>you don't have a personality because you showed interest in one thing on a board that talks about that thing regularly

Holy shit am I sorry that I shared topical subject matter (/ck/-Food & Cooking), instead of divulging every other interest of mine and thus meeting your standards of a "personality"

>>8418049
fuck not shit-flinging. I made this thread as a reminder that anybody who doesn't like IPAs has an underdeveloped taste for beer and therefore cannot register a valid opinion on IPAs.
>>
>>8418060
I was going to defend the guy when I started writing my response but honestly, I love a dozen different beer styles. Hate Belgians. Don't know why, they just taste disgusting to me. If I'm at a bar though and my friend orders a Belgian I don't autisticly scold them on their lack of taste, I enjoy my own beer and mind my fuckin business. fuck that guy.
>>
>>8418088

Let me remind you that I'm autistically scolding people on an anime image board, and strictly refrain from doing so in public. I'd never outwardly judge someone on their beer choice at a bar, because I know how to act in public.
>>
>>8418094
that's fair man I was a bit harsh, let me take this opportunity to say that if there's any filthy Belgian lovers in this thread they can go hurl themselves into traffic. shit teir beer go have a blue moon why don't ya.
>>
>>8418107

>blue moon
>shit beer

Can't deny that
>>
Favorite IPAs are harpoon and loose cannon, but IPAs aren't my favorite.
I think weisses are underrated
>>
>>8418048
He's right. The original post you replied to didn't say IPAs are a forced meme.
>>
>>8418289
>>8418045

Directly replied to the forced meme comment. Seriously, what the fuck.
>>
>>8417907
>drink beer
>it tastes like garbage
>feel disgusting
>call yourselves master race

??????
>>
>>8417907
Have to go with Southern Tier 2XIPA, for something I can get any time.

But nothing will ever compete with Beer Camp Hoppy Lager for a one time seasonal that changed my life.
>>
>>8418354

Hoppy Lager was really good, but I liked the Tropical IPA more.

There were a couple good one's in the 2016 Beer Camp variety pack, namely the session ipa and the wicked weed one.
>>
i like IIPAs. suck my dick /ck/
>>
>>8418378
Honestly, I don't know the history of, or much of the lineage of the beer camp line. I got into it at the Hoppy Lager, and the one that directly followed, then stopped there to back to IPA. But there was just something about that fucking beer, it struck me. Probably coincided with falling in love with the first woman since my ex wife, and becoming good friends with the Sierra Nevada rep, which was amazing. But nonetheless it changed me. And I ended up buying every bottle in my county, and several cases in other counties.
>>
>>8418378
fond memories of the tropical beer camp, the cvs near me mislabeled the bar code or something so it was on sale for 4.99 for a six pack. By the time they figured out their mistake me and my buddy had gone through a case of them
>>
>>8417907

are ipa's are dogshit
>>
>>8417907
>>tfw no style of beer has ever failed to satiate your palate
Protip: If every single beer satiates your palate, you don't have much of a palate at all. That's like saying "I have never found a woman unattractive, my standards are so superior"
>>
Is anyone on /ck/ rich enough to enjoy sours?
>>
>>8418472

Every style =/= every single beer.

Retard.
>>
>>8418479
It's pretty simple to make one. Just contaminate it with lacto bacillus. We try to avoid that when we homebrew, but I'm sure hipsters would pay big money for something that a normal person would dump in the compost pile.
>>
File: IMG_20161230_211215.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161230_211215.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8417907
IPAs my favorite style. I try to pick up a build your own 6-pack 2-3 times a week. They go for $9.95 and I try to fill it with beers that cost more than that when purchased in a 6 pack. I usually have a hard time calling a "favorite" beer, but right now its Snaggletooth Bandana from Solemn Oath brewing. Before that it was Grapefruit Sculpin, which isn't nearly as gay as it sounds.

Snaggletooth is very floral and crisp, refreshing.
>pic what I have on hand now
>>
>>8418490
if you taste it and its actually good maybe, but I'm guessing the swill you accidentally infect isn't gooing to be as good as something brewed with that in mind.
>>
File: Cr3U8FIVIAAyy5K[1].jpg (410KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cr3U8FIVIAAyy5K[1].jpg
410KB, 1200x1200px
Who /alesmith/ here?
>>
IPAs aren't bad but they are not a style of beer that I can get completely hammered on. If I drink too much, it just starts feeling and tasting like there is a ball of grass in my stomach and I start to feel sick. Dark ales or stouts I can drink all fucking day no problemo
>>
Anyone find any good citrus infused IPAs? Ones where they're perfectly balanced with strong hops and not super fruity?

I'm drinkin the Grapefruit Rebel IPA from here:
>>8418509
and it's pretty lame.
>>
>>8417907
sierra nevada torpedo is my go-to brew when I don't know what to drink

shit's cash
>>
>>8418536
heads up, snake dog is also disappointing as fuck
>>
>>8418536
Grapefruit sculpin

Che out moonraker if you're in norcal
>>
>>8418668

What would you recommend from Moonraker? Turns out the brewery is 45 minutes away from me right now.

Guess I should take a over there and to Knee Deep (which is on tap everywhere).
>>
>>8418037
i see just as much if not more hate for stouts/porters though. people don't have an axe to grind against IPAs specifically, most people just drink light domestics like budweiser so anything different like an IPA or stout or porter is less popular
>>
>>8418699
I have tried the transparent, zulu and slingjaw ipas

They have a pretty distinctive style and are all kind of similar and very good. A few east coast style ipas with really good flavor and not overwhelmingly hoppy
>>
>>8418668
>Grapefruit sculpin
yeah thats the one I like so far.
>>
>>8417907
I've never had an IPA I loved. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but they're simply not a flavor I enjoy.
I love a good belgian, or blonde, or porter, or stout; basically malt rather than hops.

Any advice on getting into hoppier beer? The hoppiest beer I've enjoyed was Anchor Steam for reference.
>>
>>8417907
The reason I hate IPA is because of the 150+ people I've talked to who would drink pureéd hops if it had a 12% abv.
>>
>>8418725
Literally don't. If you don't care for it, you probably won't. It's not a problem. Just enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
>>8418715

Thanks for the rec. The cans look familiar, so I'm sure they sell them around here.

I actually just read an article in the paper about how the Sac area is starting to embrace NE style IPAs, but I don't think they mentioned Moonraker.

Gonna put it on my beer run list for tomorrow for New years.
>>
>>8417907
My neighbor offers me these all the time, and while I never refuse a free beer I'm just not that into them. I've always been a stout and cider guy.
The fact that the go-to fruit for some IPAs is grapefruit (which I find disgusting) tells me this is not the booze for me.
>>
>>8418767

>the go-to fruit for some IPAs is grapefruit

wut?
>>
>>8418782
For those weird fusion shandy-style ales, I'm not talking about anything actually brewed with grapefruit.
I swear it's the only fruit I ever see mixed with IPA, I guess it just meshes well with that love for extra-bitter drink.
>>
>>8418782
He's retarded and thinks flavor notes equal a beer filled with juice squeezed from the fruit mentioned.
>>
>>8418787

Hops often have grapefruit notes, but other than Sculpin and Rebel, it's definitely not the "go-to", and fruit flavored IPAs aren't even very popular for that matter.
>>
>>8418789
No I'm actually talking about shit actually brewed with grapefruit, faggot. Which I guess I was wrong about this >>8418787, fuck it, I don't drink much of this stuff.

>>8418794
Oh, well all I ever see is shit with grapefruit in it, not an IPA guy so I have little idea what people prefer out of them. Figured it was a valid correlation considering my dislike for both the brew and the fruit.
>>
File: 1435804938444.jpg (140KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1435804938444.jpg
140KB, 680x680px
>>8417907
I DONT WANT TO TASTE FRUIT FLAVORS AND WOOD AND DIRT AROMAS WHEN I DRINK BEER YOU HIPSTER KEK I DONT CARE FOR CHOCOLATE OR TOFFEE AROMA IN MY BEER THAT SOME HANDLEBARMUSTACHE WEARING GRAFIK DESIGNER MADE IN HIS GARAGE I JUST WANT SOME CLEAN TASTING COLD PILSNER AFTER WORK GET OUT REEEE GET ON YOU ASSEATING BANDWAGON AND OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEE
>>
>>8418812
Budweiser is my favorite pilsner
>>
>>8418812

>my board

Kek. This board is for people who actually enjoy food and cooking.
>>
File: 3928.jpg (342KB, 700x2216px) Image search: [Google]
3928.jpg
342KB, 700x2216px
>>8418819
It's pretty good. I agree.
>>
stouts are better
>>
>>8418825
Yeah thats exactly why nobody likes people on here that pretend/forcethemselves to like ass tasting shit just because it's the newest craze in Berlin or Williamsburg
>>
>>8418829

>everybody else is just pretending to like it
>>
>>8418831
>a tiny fraction of people that follow trends like cattle
>everybody else
>>
File: baby-duck.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baby-duck.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Baby duck syndrome - the tendency of users to always think the system they originally started using is better.

>>8417989
quack

>>8417997
quack quack

>>8418336
quack quack

>>8418730
quack

>>8418812
QUACK QUACK QUACK

>>8418829
quack

>>8418839
quack quack
>>
>>8418839

Yeah, says the anon who thinks IPAs are the newest craze in Williamsburg and haven't been the most normie style of craft beer for the past 15 years.
>>
>>8418843
I'm from Germany and we have a long tradition of Pils- and Weizenbier that has been honed and perfected over centuries.

>Le QUACK xD
>Here taste my malty shitwater i brew in my gardenshack. i put a mango in lol :D
>>
>>8418847
Sorry i don't keep up with the newest trends in Williamsburg, but where I live shit's just getting started and also 15 years aren't that long of a time.
>>
>>8418839
>>8418862

>if it doesn't take you longer than 15 years to move beyond budweiser and give ipas a chance you must be a cattle who just blindly follows the latest trend

Okay anon, I'm done.
>>
>>8418877
I gave ipas a chance and it failed.

Also i don't drink american budweiser aka dishwater.
>>
>>8418083
Liking sours is superior in every way

>not liking beer that smells like cat piss
>not liking beer that literally destroys your mouth
>having taste buds this underdeveloped
>>
>>8418479
>poor grad student
>love sour beers
It's truly hell, but I just splurged over winter break and spent at least 200 dollars on like 15 bottles
>>
>>8419904

>all sour beers are just beers that taste sour
>being this plebeian

I'm so sorry that beer has evolved to have more than one bacteria in it.
>>
>>8418854

>"this one beer my country spent centuries perfecting is a good beer"
>"wait, someone somewhere else made a beer? This simply cannot go on."

This, my friends, is what we call Social Identity Syndrome.
>>
>>8418485

>I'm fine with a woman from any race
>as long as they're a model
Youre a pleb, face it
>>
My favorite IPA ever has to be this black ipa my local bar brews. It's called Dancing in Purgatory. But you will not see it anywhere. But other than that dogfish 120 minute ipa is perfection.
>>
>>8419953
Actually St. Arnold's art car is probably the best when it comes to texas ipas or hops and grains mosaic ipa
>>
>>8418854
please keep in mind that much of America was settled by those very people who perfected the Germanic style of lightly flavored lager
>>
>>8418640
I like Torpedo because it is readily available locally. My new favorite from Sierra Nevada is Hop Hunter, brewed with distilled hop oil. Tastes like real beer.
If you can find the Winter variety 12 pack, Snow Whit white IPA is flippin' amazing. Made with 7 varieties of experimental dwarf hops. They don't sell it separately, sadly.
>>
>>8417907

IPAs are what boys drink before they grow up and get introduced to Belgians.
>>
>>8420446
Belgians are literally entry level good beer. D Definitely good, but hardly some inaccessible upper level
>>
>>8420446
do you comb out your neckbeard while comparing yeast strains?
>>
I've never met someone who liked IPA's that wasn't a feminine nu-male hipster little bitch
>>
>>8420455
liking IPA is normie as fuck. Every normal 20 something guy likes IPA, its not some niche thing
>>
>>8420464

>every normal 20 something guy likes IPA, its not some niche thing

While definitely true, I actually think of IPA as being more dad-core, while younger people are more likely to be trying less normie stuff.
>>
>>8420484
Yeah at my local bar the guys who are most vocal about IPA are 50somethings.

The kids who grew up when IPA was all the rage are all into ciders, pilsners, sours, etc.
>>
>>8420497
>Tfw I live in Vermont with god tier loca l brews
>>
>>8420464
right, hence the reason I said that only feminine nu-male hipster little bitch drink it
>>
>>8420509
In your mind, what do those words mean?
>>
>>8420513
You best lose the attitude, kid. You don't know who you are fucking with.
>>
>>8420484
Younger people are surely likely to try less normie stuff, but most also like IPA
>>
>>8420497
>are all into ciders, pilsners
No they aren't
>>
>>8420536
Yes, yes they are.
>>
>>8420571
I know plenty of people who are ok with ciders and pilsners, but almost no one who is primarily into those styles
>>
File: 1398199113698.png (233KB, 415x450px) Image search: [Google]
1398199113698.png
233KB, 415x450px
>>8420446

Apples are what boys eat before they grow up and get introduced to oranges
>>
>>8420578
Who said anything about "primarily"? It's current year, people are allowed to drink a variety of things. Those were just some examples, it's not like there's the cider guy and the pilsner guy and they rage at each other like we have here on 4chan. This is real life.
>>
>>8420583
Well you said they were "all the rage", I'm not aware of any social circles where cider and pilsner are considered a big deal. Sure they are perfectly acceptable, but they aren't enthusing anyone
>>
>>8420586
To the best of my knowledge the only social circles that really get fixated on one beverage are the noobs who just got into "the new craft beer" and can't STFU about IPA and Imperial Stout, the Japanese scotch assholes, the vintage cocktail dickheads, and wine people.

Everyone else (who has an interest in drinks to begin with) drinks an assortment of things.

I'm ignoring the one-drink people because they are bores.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.