[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better oil to use for cooking than grapeseed? I ran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1368207714619.jpg (33KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1368207714619.jpg
33KB, 600x347px
Is there a better oil to use for cooking than grapeseed? I ran out yesterday and would like to pick something up today.
>>
>>8417517

Sure, but for cooking what? General purpose or do you have a specific dish in mind? I try and keep a variety of fats on hand and use the one that best matches the dish.

Grapeseed is also expensive as fuck, at least in my area.
>>
>>8417517
grapeseed is horrible to cook with. Use coconut oil.
>>
>>8417524
General, but mostly pan-frying omelettes, I suppose. I already have coconut and olive oils onhand.
>>
>>8417530

IMHO, standard olive oil (i.e. "light" or refined) is ideal for a general-purpose cooking oil.

Note: Not to be confused with Extra Virgin (EVOO).
>>
File: Screenshot_20160804165858.png (411KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160804165858.png
411KB, 1280x720px
Grapeseed is nice but I switched to avacodo recently and that shit is the best. Refined coconut oil a good too
>>
>>8417517
I wish this photo was real so that the world would be a creepier yet more interesting place
>>
Don't you people mean rapeseed oil, AKA canola oil?
>>
Sunflower or safflower for everything.
sometimes add a little butter
>>
i use the oil's smokepoint and what temperature i'm cooking at to determine what to use

grapeseed is rarely used, it's not that unique.
>>
>>8417568
Right? Imagine those fucking things walking around begging for food.
>>
>>8417568
>>8418528
There's nothing to say it isn't real. People who handle those creatures are nutjobs on their own.
>>
tfw require more minerals
>>
>>8417517
Bacon grease is my go-to, or EVOO. Rapeseed and peanut are good for high heat applications where you don't want the oil to impart much flavor to the food being fried.
>>
Who the fuck uses these weird and expensive oils?
Vegetable, canola, corn are the "big three". Next we have olive and peanut, and the occasional find of something like sunflower being affordable.
Never spend a lot of money on oil, its just fucking oil you retards. Its like sugar and flour, buy based on price unless you have a VERY specific need for something else.
>>
>>8417517

Avocado. High smoke point and fairly healthy. Downside is it is expensive but the one I use is actually a blend with safflower, coconut and avocado and it's great.
>>
canola
>>
File: Average_American.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Average_American.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>8420054

>Buy based on price
>But not on health!

And this my friends is why Americans are the fattest fucking people on the planet.
>>
>>8417517
>>8417568
>>8418528
>>8418535
Those things are real. They're called giant isopods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRAxPbldlKo
>>
>>8420054
wow report youreself my dude

you have poor taste bud
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.