[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most ridiculous special orders you've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 18

File: monsturd.jpg (43KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
monsturd.jpg
43KB, 620x400px
What's the most ridiculous special orders you've ever taken?

>Working the lunch shift
>Order for Salmon steak with mash comes in with 'Special instruction' tag
>Preparing the salmon when the waiter comes in to clarify the order
>Not even fucking making this up
>Customer asked to replace the salmon with salad greens, and the mash potatoes with long beans, extra cherry tomatoes

To this day I have no idea why she didn't just order a fucking salad.
>>
I never ask for special orders

when the waiter asks how I want my steak done I always say "as the chef prefers"

if you want something special make it yourself
>>
>>8412979
I went on a reddit tipping thread once and the only thing I got from it was the knowledge that if you deviate from the menu even a little bit, you're getting spit in your food.

Why are foodservice fucks so neurotic and entitled?
>>
>she
Of course.
>>
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/15433-ridiculous-requests

http://www.cheftalk.com/t/72430/most-memorable-stupid-orders-youve-gotten
>>
>>8413124
That's not true
>>
>>8413150
>>8413124
It does make it tougher though when it's busy because you gotta stand there in the POS typing in the special instructions for the cooks.
>>8413150
>>
>>8412997
this is pretentious as fuck lol

I bet you'd complain if it came out well done
>>
>>8412979
we had a lady order steak and frites but she insisted that she had a chicken allergy and insisted that our fries be fried in chicken free oil

the worst part is that our sous was a fucking moron who believed that through dilligence he could take over the company so here i am boiling a pot of clean grease on my range for some asshole whore with a chicken allergy
>>
File: allergy card2.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
allergy card2.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
>"hi can you pass this to the chef? thanks"
>>
Shredded beef burrito

substitute smothered green chili with smothered chili con queso

works even better with breakfast burritos
>>
>>8413212
"Sorry, sir, we reserve the right to refuse service, and it would be in your own safety to leave. We can not achieve this Olympic gymnastics level task of serving your meal while avoiding these 'allergens'."
>>
>>8413212
I can almost justify this as it could be that they want to not make a fuss and just silently hand it to the waiter to let them know etc
>>
>>8413212
Wow

I didn't know you could be allergic to so many things at once
>>
>>8413212
>sugars ending in -ose
I mean that whole thing is a clusterfuck but Christ almighty
>>
>>8413212
this is literally begging for extra spit in the food;.
>>
>>8412979
Not food, but when I was managing aStarbucks
>venti skinny iced caramel macchiato
>sub caramel drizzle for SF C, full pumps
>lite ice
>3 scoops protein powder
>extra shot

Because of the protein powder, we had to make it in a shaker cup first
>4 pumps SFV
>4 pumps SFC
>milk to first line (so that powder didn't clump)
>add protein
>add rest of milk
>ice
>shake like a retard for about 15 seconds
>into glass
>add shots

I basically forced the barista, who let this dumbass get this drink, to quit because she came in every morning and it ruined my day every time.

I have a lot of stories of retarded drinks, but this one stands out.
>>
>>8413243
>implying you want to giver her a spitose allergy reaction
>>
>>8413212
I call bullshit
That card has soy ink
>>
>>8413253
They have protein powder now? Or did he bring his own?
>>
>>8413268
They've had it for a while; it's for the Evolution Fresh smoothies. I don't know if all locations have those, or any even. I don't care about them in the slightest and I don't work there anymore. We only sold them in any notable volume when there was a promo for it this past summer, otherwise they just serve to make bananas expire in our back of house.
>>
>>8412997
lmao
>>
>>8413212
>sugars ending in -ose

so all sugars?
>>
>>8413253
>I basically forced the barista, who let this dumbass get this drink, to quit because she came in every morning and it ruined my day every time.
Why didn't you just tell her to stop taking that order? Why the fuck is everyone in this business such a fucking dysfunctional neurotic baby?
>>
>>8412979
>tfw some asshole orders a well-done tenderloin every meal for dinner

It's not really 'ridiculous', but I cringe a bit every time I have to waste good meat on this shit.

But the absolute worst ones would have to be breakfast vegans. At this point you can pretty much replace everything on the plate.
>>
>>8413212
>coffee beans
>soy beans
>green beans

One of those "beans" isn't like the other two.
>>
>>8412997
An actual cuckold.
>>
File: 1478911384717.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478911384717.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>8413197
>not having a separate fryer for fries
>>
>>8413212

Allergies are a meme
>>
>>8413284
It's the bottom of the barrel.

If they were normal people they would have proper jobs.
>>
>>8413212

>what the fuck are you doing at a restaurant then? There's a market a few blocks away, go get yourself a cucumber

I would bet money on it that most of them are self diagnosed "princess and the pea" bullshit.
>>
>>8412997
Stupid idea.. some of them like there shit well done or raw
>>
>>8413499
so i guess you never went to college/ university and had to earn some extra money while doing so?
>>
>>8412979
Had a guy come in to the diner I was serving at and order toast and coffee. I told him we didn't serve just toast, so he orders a chicken salad sandwich on toasted buttered whole wheat, hold the chicken, hold the lettuce and hold the tomato.
>>
>>8413543
Is this a blues brothers joke
>>
>>8413547
it's shit is what it is and you know it
>>
>>8412979
>"sorry chef there is a lady who was asking is it possible to take the leek out of the potato and leek soup?"
>Club sandwich on lavosh crackers instead of bread
>Egg white omlet but the man would like the yolks also cooked and served on the side
>Gravlax but no salt on the salmon please
Oh man the list goes on, 5 star hotels are the worst for stupid orders.
>>
>>8413550
Have you seen the movie
>>
>>8413233

You can't. Not and live, anyway.
>>
>>8413517
I had an internship related to my studies.
>>
>>8413517
No.

I left school and got a real job at 16.
>>
>>8413516

To be fair, you're probably going to get a rare or medium rare steak.

But as it doesn't save them any actual effort, it's still retarded.
>>
>>8413569
>real job
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>8413593
I earn a 6 figure salary.

If that is not a real job, what is?
>>
>>8413604
sure you do
>>
>>8413604
Talk shit post paystub
>>
>>8413606
>>8413607
Perhaps if you hadn't wasted your youths doing useless degrees, while working as food servers, you'd be successful too.
>>
>>8413613
I make 32 an hour base and there's a lot of overtime/incentive pay/bonuses/differentials so it's more like 50/hr
I do okay...it's nice to be able to buy whatever i want
>>
>>8413623
Good for you. I'm glad.
>>
>>8413623
It's a good job you came all the way to 4chan to tell us that. Phew, aye lad?
>>
>>8413628
That other anon said I was in foodservice. I'm in healthcare and have never worked in foodservice
>>
>>8413212
>i hope she doesnt react allergic for licking ass
>>
>>8413659
bait harder, faggot
>>
>>8413659
His naivety is cute.

Oh, what it was to be young.
>>
>>8413659
As least it's actually a useful field unlike 90% of "healthcare" jobs.
>>
hamburger light pickle
>>
>>8412997
>Go out
>Pay
>Too beta to get it cooked to your liking
>Probably tip too

Holy beta batman!
>>
File: 1465216217802.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465216217802.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
>>8413659

holiday break must not be over yet
>>
>>8413516
No they fucking don't.

>>8413154
>>8413277
Not him but "lol lmao" fuck off you little crossposting tourist faggots.

>>8413493
>>8413751
>a classic sign of respect is beta

OK.
>>
>>8413555
>chicken salad, hold everything except the toast.

So then, I repeated his order sarcastically, and he said, "yeah, hold it right between your legs." So, I pointed at the sign that said "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone," and said, "you see that sign?" And he said, "you see this sign," and swept the water glasses off the table.

It was a easily 5 glasses in pieces.
>>
File: 171147.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
171147.gif
488KB, 284x210px
>>8413212
Man, I have actual allergies and intolerances, and this is some bullshit. Coffee, soy, and fucking GREEN beans? ANY beans? Literally all sugars? Not to.mention the card has a pointless graphic on it, has multiple spelling mistakes, is formatted like shit, and doesn't even look like it was printed on decent card stock. Every single part of that card gives me an urge to violently maim.

I hope Megan gets hit by a car and is paralyzed for life, just so she has something to actually complain about. You know what you do to deal with your allergies? Don't fucking order the shit you're allergic to, wa-fucking-la.
>>
>>8413783
It is not a sign of respect, it is the sign of a childish idiot.

>No they fucking don't.
Of course they do.
>>
>>8413212

>sugars ending in -ose

Is that even possible?
>>
File: c13jgGV.jpg (164KB, 1178x889px) Image search: [Google]
c13jgGV.jpg
164KB, 1178x889px
I really don't think choosing how you want your meat done is a "custom order". It's probably a minimum of choice you should have in your meal.

Some burger places always do their patties well done because they are afraid of making poeple sick or some bullshit. It really gets on my nerves.

I even once asked to go into the kitchen and make my own patty since they refused to do medium for me but that wasn't an option either so I had to leave.
>>
>>8413819
It is a classic sign of respect and if you haven't heard it before this thread than you either live under a rock or have zero contact with the culture of dining.

By the way, after you say "chef's preference", the waiter or waitress tends to say "the chef prefers medium-rare on this cut" or whatever.

>Of course they do.

Chefs and cooks who prefer their steak WELL DONE or RAW would be an extreme minority.
>>
>>8413828
>I even once asked to go into the kitchen and make my own patty

>c-can I cook it?
>Are you asking if you can physically walk into our kitchen and cook your own burger?
>y-yes
>No sir, we can't allow you to do that.
>*autistic screeching*
>>
>>8413844

I actually know a lot of people in the gastro business, including the owner of that place, through a friend of mine that runs a number of food trucks.

I've done this before in a few places. Though here I was mostly joking to make myself less annoyed because I had to find another place to eat.
>>
>>8413212
this has got to be a joke
>im alergic to all sugar
>fucking glucose
>when i eat almost any food and my body breaks it down to glucose, I get sick
>please make my food from carbon and air, please

ill bet she swallows though. bitches dont even know about fructose in semen.
>>
>>8413837
I don't believe you have ever been to a restaurant you cuckold.

Where are you from?
>>
>>8413862
Alright, 6/10, you got me to respond.
>>
File: wooo.jpg (60KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
wooo.jpg
60KB, 600x399px
>>8412997
>and he said "as the chef prefers"
>>
>>8413864
Too embarrassed to say where he is from.

Yep, classic liar.

I know you're a brit anyway from your IP address, you fantasist.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 265x300px
>>8413869
>I can see IP addresses on an anonymous image board.
Retard.
>>
>>8412979
Definitely someone who wanted us to make a new pizza dough for them that hadn't been in contact with meat. They were extremely insistent that their pizza's dough never encounter meat.

Still cannot figure out where they thought we added meat to raw dough, as that would be a significant health violation if we let that sit for a even a little bit.
>>
>>8413783
>>8412997
samefag lmao
>>
>>8413869
Faggot confirmed.
>>
>>8413876
Maybe he is the /ck/ mod, although I guess he'd just ban you if that were true.
>>
>>8413877
I love customers who come in thinking they know anything about the kitchen SOP, and get really fucking fancy with their orders.

Like idiots who order spaghetti al dente and look as though they discovered some big secret .
>>
I work at a pretty high end restaurant as a service bartender/ front waiter. We're a Michelin rated 'progressive' french restaurant.

Anyway we're going over reservations for that day and a party was coming in and requested a deep dish pizza with their prix fixe. Our head sous made it for them from scratch. Needless to say if was a beautiful pizza.

Another time a guest could only eat food from a "gluten free kitchen". Didn't even know those existed. We had to order food from some other restaurant. Served it to her on our plates coursed out like the rest of her party's menu.

Last night we had a lady come in. She's a regular but super high maintenance and kind of eccentric. Requested bread service to begin. Weird but not unreasonable (it's usually served with soup a few courses in). After the bread she requested a chocolate sorbet. Literally not on the menu but I guess easy enough to make. Our head sous made it for her. She also requested no salt for all of her dishes.

Occasionally we get other weird requests like "no land animals", "nothing with 4 legs", "pacific fish only", "aversion to gluten" (specifically told us she wasn't allergic, just would rather not have it)

Then of course some weird drink requests. Johnny Blue and diet coke, a bloody mary with their dinner (what the fuck) a long island with all our top shelf (stoli elit, tanq 10, etc.). Who the fuck orders long islands anyway? Bowls full of blue cheese olives with their martinis.
>>
>>8413837
>the waiter or waitress tends to say "the chef prefers medium-rare on this cut"
Implying that waitresses actually know how to do their job well enough to know how the chef works.
>>
>>8413869
back to /pol/ with you
>>
>>8413944
Those sound fairly reasonable actually. What's wrong with having a top shelf Long Island? Or serving customers who have the decency to admit that they're not actually allergic to gluten, just rather not have it? Or asking for no salt?
You must be 16 and definitely not enjoying busing tables as your first job.
Hope you never actually make it to waiter (or, heaven forbid, bartender) because you sound like those super entitled insufferable cunts who hate it when people order a Mojito.
>>
>>8414039
No salt is fucking insanity. Confirmed for never having done prep in your life.
>>
>>8413944
>Another time a guest could only eat food from a "gluten free kitchen". Didn't even know those existed. We had to order food from some other restaurant. Served it to her on our plates coursed out like the rest of her party's menu.

Damn, that's pro. Nice restaurant.

>"aversion to gluten" (specifically told us she wasn't allergic, just would rather not have it)

That's nice of a customer to clarify, so you know how much to stress over stray contaminants.
>>
>>8414027
They do if you go to a steakhouse worth a shit.
>Go to a very respected steakhouse, the kind that specify on the menu that some cuts will not be cooked over medium rare.
>Order a shot of whiskey, ask the waitress how the cook prefers a particular cut I point out on the menu.
>"Oh, he prefers that rare, but it's a thick cut."
>Order it rare, and tell her the shot is for the cook.
>>
>>8413547
No, it's a joke from 5 easy pieces.

He orders a chicken salad hold the chicken. She says where should I hold it. He says HOLD IT BETWEEN YOUR KNEES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtfNE4z6a8
>>
>>8414087
I sure hope you are joking. That's some baloney. Nobody does that and it sounds pretentious as hell.

Just say how you like it dumb fuck.
>>
>>8414100
I now know the chef personally tho.
>>
>>8414087
These steakhouses don't exist, you utter wierdo
>>
>>8414110
They do when they are located around small towns and are considered landmarks.
>>
>>8414112
No

Now please, just stop.

This level of fantasy is bad for your mental health.
>>
>>8412997

@applebees
>>
>>8413232

don't eat out if you have fake allergies.
>>
>>8414114
Don't believe me if you want, but now you have that tiny thought in the back of your head
>What if that faggot was right?"
>>
>>8413837
>Chefs and cooks who prefer their steak WELL DONE or RAW would be an extreme minority.

Then its still possible to get steak well done or raw, isn't it you degenerate faggot?
>>
File: 1438610277842.jpg (18KB, 229x272px) Image search: [Google]
1438610277842.jpg
18KB, 229x272px
>>8413929
>Like idiots who order spaghetti al dente and look as though they discovered some big secret

The number of times I've heard someone tell me to tell the chef that "el dantey" means the pasta is a little chewy.
>>
>>8413197
>we had a lady order steak and frites but she insisted that she had a chicken allergy and insisted that our fries be fried in chicken free oil
>the worst part is that our sous was a fucking moron who believed that through dilligence he could take over the company so here i am boiling a pot of clean grease on my range for some asshole whore with a chicken allergy

You sound like a moron, even among fry cooks, and while the sous may also be a moron, he was right in this case. Chicken allergies are relatively rare, but unequivocally real, and can cause anaphylaxis. Often but not always accompanied by allergies to chicken eggs and feathers, and associated with allergies to other birds and some seafood. Same is true of all sorts of foods (often it's an immunological reaction related to a protein in an ingredient).

A lot of restaurant allergy claims may be bogus, often it's just a preference (e.g. no gluten - which of course could also be a serious health issue), or sometimes "allergy" is a simpler way of explaining a more complex immunulogical reaction to waitstaff, but you'd be a fucking idiot to ignore a customer's instructions on something like that. If you don't want to accommodate a request, just tell them, look we don't have another frier, and can't change the oil, perhaps you'd like an alternative pan-fried appetizer.
>>
>>8413944
>Bowls full of blue cheese olives with their martinis.
this is 100% acceptable and even commendable
>>
>>8412997
>when the waiter asks how I want my steak done I always say "as the chef prefers"

Confirmed cucktard. "The chef prefers the assistance of your wife."
>>
>>8414125
You really want to technically win the argument, don't you?

Obviously if the chef at a restaurant preferred his steak fucking well done or rare, the waiter would say "just a heads up, our chef is a bit of an eccentric guy who likes his steak well done/rare, you're sure you still want to go with the chef's preference, yes?"
>>
>>8414209
Seriously, are you off your meds?
>>
>>8413554
I've had a very similar order to the first one. Person wanted all the onions picked out of their soup.
>>
>>8413212
into the bin it goes, bitch is gon git dairy and beans
>>
>>8414087
Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>8414060
This. Enjoy not being able to use literally any of your prep, and trying to make a completely new everything in the time people expect a meal to come out, while simultaneously continuing to serve other guests.
>>
>>8412979
Used to be a manager at Whataburger.

I had a regular that came in nearly every single night around 3AM. Old guy, not fat at all. Ordering for himself and his wife.

Every night, the order was about $40, his burger alone more than $20.

It was usually something like this (not exaggerating):
>quad meat
>texas toast instead of bun
>one of each type of cheese per patty
>grilled fajita veggies
>16 strip of bacon (about $5 alone)
>jalapenos
>barbecue sauce
>a fried egg

And he would get something to snack on for the ride home, usually a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and grilled onions inside.

His wife always got the same thing: double burger, plain and dry.

It was bizarre. Made my margins look good though. He asked me to cut it in half once, and I told him no, because it would have just completely fallen apart. Had to double wrap his burger from both sides with tape.
>>
>>8414284
>Had to double wrap his burger from both sides with tape
my both sides as well: gone
>>
>>8413566
>>8413233
>>8413808
not saying it's real, but it could be. it doesn't happen often but it does. my brother's allergy list is almost that long and includes all beans, tuna, about five million different kinds of plants, etc. that list was handed down from an allergist and confirmed thru some accidental consumption of stuff on the list.

I have also known one person who doesn't seem like the kind to make up allergies, but said they were allergic to sugar. so there's that.

could be """""allergies""""" or could be allergies. who knows. I have a hard time seeing someone with fake allergies making up a card about it, though. fake-allergy people are usually dying to blurt it out so everybody knows they're a delicate flower and they get lots of attention. but I could see someone who's sick of having to jam an epipen in their thigh every time they eat out, making a card like that. so idk.

if I had that many fucking allergies I'd just eat at home. even if you went out you'd never be able to order anything that wasn't boring as fuck.
>>
>>8413284
Because Starbucks has an internal customer service slogan that's "Make every moment right", aka just say yes. If you let someone get away with something once, then tell them they can't, they complain to customer service and then I have to hear my district manager whine about it because he actually cares.
>>
>>8414358
So tell me, how did firing that one employee make that customer never enter your store again?
>>
>>8414448
you may have the worst reading comprehension on this whole board right now
>>
>>8413279
Even the one her own body produces, she suffers so much.
i cry ever tiem
>>
>>8413849
>I've done this before in a few places

And if the owners of any of those places were caught they would get a massive fine.

5/10 got me to respond
>>
>>8413233
oh, you can be. People like that used to die early.
One of my dancing instructors is down to rice and like 5 types of vegetable. Not meming it up gluten-style either, legit almost died from some minor cross contam at a restaurant during vacation...
>>
>>8414528
I think he meant the autistic screeching
>>
>>8413253
>starbucks has protein shakes
wat.
i mean, fine, it's probably the only protein their customers get while filling their daily caloric needs with 2 venti bullshit things, but it still feels out of context.
>>
>>8413604
You're not supposed to count the numbers after the dot.

>>8413944
>"aversion to gluten" (specifically told us she wasn't allergic, just would rather not have it)
Now that's someone reasonable. Not mixing up gluten-free fad and actual allergy.
>>
>>8414457
fucking neurotic piece of shit
>>
>>8414606
excuse me?
>>
>>8413212
coffee isn't even a bean lmao
>>
>>8413547
Oh for fuck's sake, NOOOOOO.

"Four fried chickens and a coke."
"And some dry white toast, please."
>>
>>8413212
Looks like she is on the Keto diet lads
>>
>>8414621
Oh, so you're a woman as well.
>>
>>8412997

Do you say that to your hairdressers as well?

>What style do you want

JUST.
>>
File: 817160.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
817160.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
>>8412979
>I'd like a large pizza
>Ok, anything else?
>Can you put them in pic related? We want to take it into the movies.
I can understand smuggling candies that arent available there, but a fucking pizza?
I also had people ask for a pizza with no sauce or cheese, I mean why wouldnt you just buy a loaf of bread instead?
>>
>>8414675
wait, you're a woman?
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>8414688
I've stopped at McDonald's before going to the movies and stuffed burgers in my jacket pockets, and the fries in the pair bag then under my shirt.

Fuck theaters food prices; i love their popcorn, but not for $10 for a small.
>>
>>8414087
did you tip your fedora as you stumbled on your katana on the way to the table?
>>
Not a special order story, but I think I got the same reaction:
I once volunteered at a branch of a well-known non-profit in a large urban area. My job was too call up businesses that had previously given a donation and read them a script asking them to donate again.
The list of numbers I got had a lot of local restaurants. It was noon on a Friday in August. When I got someone on the phone, I had to read half a page of text explaining why I was calling, before asking to talk to the manager so I could read an even longer script to him.
>>
>>8413554
>>"sorry chef there is a lady who was asking is it possible to take the leek out of the potato and leek soup?"

Oh, god. This shit right here. I work at a tiny corner cafe that basically just serves soups, salads, and breads and this shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

They ask for no leeks in the leek and potato soup, I explain that we hit it with an immersion blender so that's literally impossible. They throw a fit. They want no pork in the manhattan clam chowder, I explain I can't do that because I cook the base with pork belly. No cream in the cream soup! No onions in the french onion soup! No basil in the tomato basil soup! No mushrooms in the mushroom soup!

Even had this one guy that didn't like any of our soup options that day and then threw a temper tantrum when we wouldn't go out and buy shit to make him some chicken noodle.
>>
>>8414721
do people think soup is prepared on a single serving basis?

can't really fathom that retardation
>>
>>8414721
working with customers can be pleasant and joyful, but encountering one of those idiots can ruin your whole day. i try to always be a polite, smiling idiot until they have had enough and just go away. then i try to ignore them and move on to my next guest
>>
>>8414727

While this is clearly atypical, my favorite Chinese restaurant actually does prepare their soups to order. Obviously the stock is made in advance but the soup itself is made to order.

But in general, yeah. >>8414721 is some seriously retarded customers.
>>
>>8414708
>$10 for a small
It's called large, anon. Youre just too fat.
>>
Whenever I order pizza I always order their BBQ Meatlovers but get them to replace the BBQ sauce base with the standard tomato sauce base. It tastes much better.
>>
>>8413944
>Johnny Blue and diet coke, a bloody mary with their dinner (what the fuck) a long island with all our top shelf (stoli elit, tanq 10, etc.).

There's literally nothing wrong with any of these.
>>
>>8414727
If they don't cook at all, it's possible.
Many survive on microwaved meals and nothing more complex than a fried egg on toast.
>>
>>8413212
sorry for autistic, long story but it's worth reading.
not embellished at all and practically word for word

>at an italian restaurant's outdoor patio and 3 deadbeat 30 something hippie types (two color dyed hair girls with ironic clothes, one sassy entitled gay guy) walk up to be seated
>server takes them to their seat and then gave them a menu.
>they start by ignoring the menus and just talking in the most narcissistic entitled way i've ever heard
>server comes back and asks if they're ready to order
>"ummm no.... we need more time but can we have more water?????"
>server gets them more water
>she comes back a little while later after helping some other tables
>they're audibly complaining about how bad the service is because she's not there yet even though she came over twice already "omg this is like not right"
>server comes back and asks if they're ready to order again
>"ummmm actually i need something that doesn't have egg in it??? im like so allergic to eggs... i would end up in the hospital if like theres even egg near it??? one time i had an eggwash on something and i almost died. so can you please take this seriously? its a very rare condition can u at least look like u care? can u do something to help me???"
>she just fucking mentions this now, at an italian restaurant
>"can you go ask if this has egg in it?
>server is still accommodating them as well as she can
>offers finding out which items on the menu definitely don't have egg in them
>"ummm no? i want this item. go ask the chef if there's egg and if there is can you find a way for there to not be egg? uuhhh thanks??"
>she basically has to stop serving other tables while she goes to ask the kitchen

cont>
>>
>>8412979
>work at register in local counter serve place
>our main gimmick is our fire grill, which is visible to the customers
>woman comes in and orders
>"So on the pork can you do it without the black stuff?"
>Oh, the seasoning in the marinade? We can do unmarinated pork, sure
>"No I want the seasoning, I mean the black lines"
>The grillmarks?
>"Yeah I hate those can you make them lighter I don't want them to be black"
>had to explain to a grown woman how fire works
>ends up having us cook her meat in aluminum foil
>complains that it takes longer to cook
>>
>>8414918
Oh god, I can hear the valley girl in her voice!
>>
>>8414918
>comes back and explains that there's egg in the bread that comes with it but that they could switch the bread for another one, but the other bread comes from a bakery outside of there and they can't confirm whether there's an eggwash on it
>she suggests some items that definitely don't have egg
>"are you kidding? can you just like call the place where you get the bread and find out?? because im starting to lose my appetite and i dont think i want anything at all"
>it becomes fucking obvious they were never even going to buy anything
>they were just looking for somewhere to loiter and get cold water because it was hot out
>they're all still playing into their own narrative that they were going to buy something at all
>omg wow thats like so disgusting i cant believe theyre doing this to u. like this is not right. this place is so disgusting what awful service. that server is such a disgusting person...."
>server arrives back again "hey so we called the bakery and they're actually closed right now, so i would suggest avoiding it just to be safe"
>other degenerate pipes up
>"omg u guys are like so disgusting? i cant believe you would do that to her. how could u do that to her?? ur all disgusting and i will not be coming back here again. how can u live with urself? youre a disgusting disgusting person... we have all lost our appetites, and we are leaving!"
>server is just standing there like what the fuck has just happened
>literally considered calling out those pieces of shit
>decided not to make more of a scene out of it
>they all just walk away saying they cant believe it over and over

>feel bad for the server so i tip her extra
>>
>>8414920
>had to explain to a grown woman how fire works
You mean a woman had to explain to you how to avoid grillmarks.
>>
>>8414920
Also:
>guy comes in to order takeout
>"So I'd like the salad with chicken and extra shrimp"
>receives salad with chicken and shrimp on it
>"I'M ALLERGIC TO SHRIMP AND THIS IS MY CHICKEN SALAD I WANTED THE SHRIMP ON THE SIDE FOR MY WIFE I NEED THIS TO BE REMADE I COULD HAVE DIED"
>not once did he tell me he had any sort of allergy
>"I'm never coming here again"
>>
>>8414934
>We only have a fire grill and not a griddle or even a stove
>She wanted "golden yellow" grillmarks
>This restaurant's entire gimmick is grilling so why the fuck would anyone go to a place that only makes what they hate
>>
File: 1467817884285.jpg (104KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467817884285.jpg
104KB, 400x300px
>>8414927
>>
>>8412997
sandwich artist
>>
>>8414948
Terrible customer service!
>>
>>8414952
it's totally coherent
the people were being horrible to their waitress, that anon overheard the whole thing, he felt bad about it
what's the issue
>>
>>8414941
More
>restaurant has a cold salad with minced red onions in it
>college girl comes in
>"Umm so like I want the cold salad, but are the red onions premixed in there?"
>Yes, they are minced and premixed
>"So can you guys like pick the red onions out with tweezers or something?"
>>
>>8414961

Not that anon but I think he's pissed at the pretentious fucks in this story.

I almost feel like its fake but goddamn, I've met these people too.
>>
>>8414961
>>8414952
i guess i kind of typed it in a rushed, condensed way

if you're not following every line i can see how it would seem like an incoherent mess

just didn't want to make it longer than it already was
>>
>>8414975
Surely you could just prepare another salad?
>>
>>8414975
I would do it, and have the server bring her only the red onions.
>>
>>8414986
Everyone followed your story fine.

The incoherent rage pic is aimed at the characters in your story.
>>
>>8414991
It's mixed up in huge batches in the morning and marinated for hours. We made her a facsimile with the marinade poured over which she agreed to but the tweezer thing was funny
>>
File: megan.gif (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
megan.gif
87KB, 500x375px
>>8413212
>>
>>8414975
Even more, not quite a strange order but ridiculous none the less
>restaurant does small caterings
>on all catering information it says we require 48 hours notice for an order
>one morning phone rings
>"Yeah I need to make a catering order"
>How many people?
>"150"
>this is the very most we can do
>Alright, what date will this order be for?
>"Oh I need this today, I'll be there to pick it up in fifteen minutes"
>Ma'am I apologize but that is not possible
>"Why not!? I've been calling everywhere and no one wants to do this, this is ridiculous!"
>hangs up
>>
>>8413212
>not allergic to peanuts or gluten
biggest surprise on there to be honest
>>
>tfw the customer complains when we draw a dick on their plate with balsamic reduction
bloody poofs cant take a joke
>>
>>8414983
i'm telling you now that it's 100% true
there are probably crucial details i'm forgetting even

they looked like old washed up tumblr type people

it's like one of the few times i've considered just straight up calling out people and publicly bitching at them.
i was basically focused on their bullshit the whole night.
>>
>be sanwhich artist
>teenager comes in and asks for a sandwich with literally everything on it
>suspect it is a joke, but make it for him after warning him that sandwich may fall apart
>he just nods and doesn't say anything
>try to fold sandwich but it is literally impossible
>he says he doesn't want it anymore and walks out
>>
>>8413783
nice damage control
>>
>>8415152
I would have thrown it at his head.
>>
so if the chef is good and they know their meat, should they be the ones to deice how it is prepared?

who am I to tell them how to make it?
>>
>>8415193
Ask the server what they recommend without being pretentious like you were before
>>
>>8415199
the server isn't a chef
>>
File: R5HX86Z.jpg (91KB, 341x750px) Image search: [Google]
R5HX86Z.jpg
91KB, 341x750px
>>8415205
they know what people seem to like best, but the chef is cooking for you so have things done how you like it.
>>
>>8413212

Time to completely disregard that card. The fact that she's survived this long (assuming this isn't a bunch of snowflake bullshit) is a fluke of nature. I owe it to the genetic pool to make sure she dies
>>
>>8414537
How did it survive to adulthood?
>>
working at Jimmy John's (sub shop)
get a call for a delivery
get bitched at before the order is placed
lady says "I want the Italian oil and vinegar sauce shaken up before you give it to me, every time I get it the sauce is separated in the side cup and it's disgusting!"
tell her we always shake the sauce before it goes into a side cup. she denies this.
I tell her to go look at the Italian salad dressing in her fridge and hand the phone to my boss. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>8415212
This image angers me.
Not because of what Hank is saying, but because he isn't using his finger to determine the doneness,
>>
>>8415567
>using his finger
Do yourself and your guests a favor and use a meat thermometer so it's perfect every time.

The cut and thickness of the meat can vastly change how it feels to a barbaric, shitty method like the 'finger test'.
>>
File: 300.jpg (72KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
72KB, 500x738px
>>8415596
>Stabbing your meat.
>Before it can rest.
>Ever.
>>
>>8415597
A small puncture made by a meat thermometer is not going to change the moisture of the meat in any significant way.
>>
>dairy queen
>older lady with frizzy hair and an attitude comes in
>orders banana split blizzard
>triple hot fudge
>key word HOT
>watches like a hawk to ensure you don't skimp
>most time consuming menu item at the time
>blender time
>fudge melts most of it, sloshes everywhere and makes horrible mess
>"why is it so STHOOOPY? it wasn't so sthoopy last time you made it! It's so sthoopy! isn't a blizzard not supposed to be a sthooooopy milkshake? So STHOOOOOOOOPY

Plenty of worse ones posted here, but this gets points because it happened every week with the same results. I ever hear anything described as "soupy" again I'm going to lose it.
>>
>>8415601
And if you can't cook a steak and know how done it is by simple timing, and at times a poke with a finger, you need to cook some more steaks.
If you know what you are doing, you don'e need a thermometer for a steak, a roast, of course, but a steak?
>>
>>8415597
steak elitists are the manchildren of the cooking world
>>
>>8413212
I would fucking kill myself if I was allergic to that many things?
>>
>>8414091
Woah, young Rober De"niero
>>
At my job we serve a Spicy Beef Souo and I had a ticket come in thats said "not spicy".

But I found that to be more funny than annoying because we were just going to tell them it's not possible
>>
One that always stuck out to me was when I was working at a pizza place. Nothing fancy just a neighborhood place with sandwiches, fried shit and some pasta.
"Spaghetti and meatballs, extra meatballs, no red sauce, extra turkey gravy. And I mean extra, make it like soup." It wasn't harder to make or anything so the cooks never complained but it was just weird as hell.
That place was a shit hole, my boss didn't understand that if a guy has 15 years experience making pizza you can't pay him 8.25 an hour. So I had a lot of conversations where I had to tell customers I was sorry that their delivery was taking 45 minutes. I wish I could tell them that fucking Pablo burnt another pizza and tried to get me to send it out but I had to tell him to make that shit again.
Mexicans are either the hardest workers in the kitchen or lazy assholes. No in between.
>>
>>8415034

I get that all the time, too. The local community health center is the worst about it. For years we've told them that if they want a huge catering order we need the order to be placed at least a day in advance, but they never fucking listen.

Worse still, is after we tell them we can't fill their order someone else from over there calls back all pissy looking to chew someone out. Every time.
>>
>>8415761
I always hear the lazy Mexican stereotype, but every Mexican I've ever worked with always outworked every other person 5 times over. Maybe it's because I'm always working with old generation Mexicans and not the thuggy new age ones?
>>
>>8415030

underrated post
>>
>>8413212
Four fried chickens and dry white toast it is.
>>
File: 564516516561556.jpg (277KB, 1280x1214px) Image search: [Google]
564516516561556.jpg
277KB, 1280x1214px
>>8415034
One time I had this lady come into our Deli saying she had put in a huge order months ago for subs for her sisters wedding that was tomorrow (about 150 total) and she just wanted to come by and make sure we had everything ready. We don't do catering. When I told her we had no orders for such a thing, and also that we do not do these types of gigantic orders, she began to freak out and said that an associate had assured her we did and that he had taken her order. I had my manager talk to her after that so I have no idea what happened with that. Maybe some idiot new associate had done that and the problem was on our end, but everyone I asked had no idea what she was talking about, when we asked the lady the name of the associate or a what he looked like she couldn't answer. She was hysterical, crying about the wedding being ruined. I don't know, if I ordered something like that, I wouldn't wait until the day before the wedding to check up on it. I would have done it a few times before. I'm not sure how ordering something of that magnitude works at other places, but wouldn't you be expected to pay for all those things before so the company doesn't make a million sandwiches and you don't come to pick them up? Shouldn't she have thought it was strange that she didn't have to pay for that service in advance?
>>
>>8415775
Yeah anytime I ran into issues with Mexicans they were under the age of 30.
I'm 24 so it's not like I hate young people, I just think you need to get fired and the world needs to kick your ass a few times before you learn how to be a good worker and some of us learn that earlier than others.
>>
>>8415791
This is actually a common tactic customers will use to get compensation, a discount, or have you make a late order. It's also possible she told her sister she would handle catering, forgot about it last minute, and needed a story to tell her sister about as an excuse when she didn't have anyone.
>>
>>8415791
Not really food related, but back when I worked at Walmart I had something almost word for word like this story but it was for flowers. We had a relatively smaller floral section, and there's no way we'd ever be able to provide the amount she wanted, and we just don't do orders with flowers like that. Like your story, I don't know if it was some retarded new guy who told her that or if she was making that up but she wanted a shit ton of lilies for her daughters wedding that was next week.
>>
File: 1460146086378.jpg (59KB, 750x544px) Image search: [Google]
1460146086378.jpg
59KB, 750x544px
>>8415034
Anotha' one
>"I'd like the salad with chicken but I want you to burn it"
>Not sure if he's joking, hesitate for a moment
>"I know it sounds strange but I want it totally burnt black"
>Recieved burnt chicken and was very pleased
>Complimented the cook
>Left a nice tip
Sometimes the odd ones can be good
>>
>>8415807
I love those people.
You're always skeptical because most people who ask for stuff burnt just want it a little well done.
I'll make anything you want, just don't be surprised when you get what you ask for.
>>
I work at an asian buffet and there's this girl comes in every Friday. She gets a bowl of eggdrop soup, and some fried rice with sweet and sour sauce on it. same thing every time. She always leaves a 50 dollar tip every time.

it's bizarre but appreciated I guess.
>>
>work at gyro place, mostly taking phone orders

>have an online ordering system
>guy orders a spicy chicken soup and puts in the note field "no jalapeno"
>call him, tell him thats the point of the soup and its diced up fine so we can't pick it out
>he pretends like hes talking to someone right next to him about the soup, to not look stupid

>old lady calls
>expect some trouble, but she makes her order normally and now i just read back her order and the total
>begins talking about her last order, here we go
>says she ordered a 2L diet coke last time, but we gave her regular, then says she kept it and its unopened
>asks if we could send her the diet coke this time and she'll give back the regular
>u wot m8?, out of curiosity i ask her when was her last order and she says one week but computer says one whole month lel
>tell her we cant switch it, even if it was a mistake from yesterday let alone a week
>"I don't know why you're being so difficult! ugh!"

>lady orders big
>calls back, says her kebab plate, which we serve with rice and salad, had no kebab on it at all, only the rice and salad in the plate
>complete bullshit of course, but i have to go along with it, talk to the grill guy
>his sides are no longer in this mortal coil, crying laughter and such
>for shits and giggles, he says we'll send her an entirely fresh order, she just has to not touch the plate she has and give it back to the driver, relay this to her
>refuses of course, because the meat stains the rice so we'll know if she just scooped out the rice or meat
>tries to argue with me how her daughter is starving
>>
>>8415834
>She always leaves a 50 dollar tip every time.

Dafuq?
>>
>>8415860
Yeah it's strange. We all fight over who gets to be her server it's pretty funny.
>>
>>8415869
How rich does she seem? Is her father the CEO of a fortune 500 company or something? That's some pretty solid disposable income. I mean, the soup costs 10 bucks right? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>8415881
Well it's a buffet. That's the weird part. You just pay 7 bucks to get in, 11 for dinner. And she only gets a bowl of soup and a plate of rice. Another really weird thing is, I'm pretty sure she works at Walmart. She has a blue collard shirt and tan pants and there's a Walmart down the road. She doesn't look particularly rich. She can't be older than 25. I don't get it myself.
>>
>>8412979
>Co-worker at Culver's orders beef pot roast sandwich easy bun
>>
>>8415152
Wouldn't be surprised if that little cocksucker read all those Subway prank posts and decided to have some fun of his own. I wonder if Subway management trains employees on what to do with troll customers.
>>
>>8415886
As someone with quite a lot of disposable income myself, it's definitely a show of wealth. She COULD be spending that money on food, but she doesn't need to, so she splurges to get respect and thus better customer service (also possibly a sign of loneliness).

And you'd be surprised as to how many rich people don't look it, especially those who were brought up to keep it (relatively) low-key. Her Wal-Mart job is probably just for 'work-experience', the same way I'm technically a lowly intern at my place of work but can easily afford to treat all my coworkers to dinner.
>>
>>8414087
>tell her the shot is for the cook

oh man, I lost it
>>
>>8414087

pure unbridled faggotry

on the other hand, ordering a shot for an overworked and underpayed dishwasher around 11:20 when the rush is well over and he's trying to get shit straight so he can leave by 1:30 is always appreceated
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 358x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 358x512px
>>8415597
>leave a perfectly cooked steak to get cold on your plate
>not using freshly baked bread with butter to soak up the leftover juices

Anon I..........
>>
>>8414329
Don't forget IBS and chrones, I have a friend who's in severe pain if she eats anything other than rice, chicken and maple syrup.
>>
>>8415834
It really fucks me up when I realize not everyone on 4chan is a white dude. I just don't expect it
>>
>>8416037

Normative Whiteness, Anon... I know what you're sayin'.
>>
>>8416037

nigga half my local chinese place is mexican and all the delivery dudes are white, the only chinese are the manager, head cook, and the 8 year old who runs the register. Kid's chill af
>>
>>8415918

i always order all the veggies.

when i go to subway, i get tuna salad, american cheese, on toasted wheat, with ALL veggies, EVERY LAST veggie, with sweet onion, mayonaisse, oil, vinegar, spicy mustard, sweet mustard, and all the shakers. i've had that dozens of times. it used to cost 5.50 for at least 2 lbs of food. now it's like 8 dollars so not worth it as much.
>>
>>8414329
>if I had that many fucking allergies I'd just eat at home. even if you went out you'd never be able to order anything that wasn't boring as fuck
Know a guy like that. He literally just doesn't eat anything he doesn't make himself, because he can never really know if something isn't contaminated with the ten thousand things that can kill him.
>>
>>8415793
>having to get fired to learn how to be a good worker
I'm sad so many people don't have proper dads.
>>
>>8413212
Would ban from restaurant
>>
>>8412979
>toast
>special instructions: not toasted
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.